KyoAni

When will KyoAni make a 30k+ hit again? They're goinfg to bankrupt soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

tdb.co.jp/service/u/1005.jsp?TDBCompanyCode=500418127
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>phantom world
What went wrong?

I don't think you know what you're talking about

>They're goinfg to bankrupt soon.
said increasingly nervous loser on a Chinese sweatshop forum for the 6 billionth time.

Koe no katachi sold like 40k no?

¥2.3 billion box office, pretty good. But you already know who will come out of the woodwork any second now.

They need to stop with all this westie-pandering crap and get back to making otaku anime.

>westie-pandering crap
Woah, epic dude.

But wasn't Haruhi THE normalfag show of the mid 00s?

Not by design.

60k+

>LITERALLY one non-profitable anime in 14 years of anime making
>they're going to go bankrupt

This ain't Trigger

The whole anime industry is dead user.

I don't know, but it's absolutely criminal that Maid Dragon didn't sell better. It's by far the best anime this year. Probably in the last 5 years.

Looking at this chart, that new Free movie will save them though.

who knows, but fujopandering would be their safest bet. btw, since when do kyoanifags care about sales? they havent been the top sellers for a while

>bankrupt
>Their next work will be on Netflix worldwide

Will salesfags ever come to the realization that there's more than blu-rays out there?

>Good anime they made on this list
>Bad anime they made not on this list
There's your answer OP, when they next make a terrible show.

Give it time.

>implying Netflix won't ruin it and make them even closer to their end

Even after those KF shitstorm? Not a chance.

Define normalfag.

You're asking for an awful lot of thoughtful introspection from people who believe that popularity equals quality, user. In short, no they never will.

>KF shitstorm
It looks like the only thing that will be punished more fervidly than a huge failure is a huge unauthorized success.

Funny how Omanko Market sold more than Maid Dragon.

I'm pretty sure that almost nobody here knows how the industry actually works

Where is the complete list?

Anime that you like

Where's Hyouka? Did you edit that out, fagboy?

It's just console wars: Sup Forums edition. No other way to shitpost about anime studios than salesfaggotry.

Anyone have their financial report for march 2016 to march 2017?

>Snoreka
It's shit

It's pretty difficult for any show nowadays to hit 10k sales, let alone 30k. And besides, while sales are still a large portion of profits, there's also other revenue streams now (except maybe for original shows like Flip Flappers that had little merchandise and no side material, meaning it was just the discs and streaming).

>phantom sales
>flop dragon

haha

>Maid Dragon
>3k+ average
>flop

>it's a flop if it doesn't sell like hot cakes!
I wonder if people will Osomatsu 2 a flop when it doesn't sell as much as the previous title.

I'm not surprised that a lot of shows are selling less these days. I remember seeing comments on that it was getting harder to live over there in Japan. People don't have the time or income to pay and watch all the anime that air these days. A lot of the obsess anime fans spend all their moeny on mobile games now or just outright graduated from viewing anime because of them feeling anime became too childish and wasteful of a habit to keep on spending. I don't think all those anime that they supported in the past that got good sales and never got sequels help make them want to continue supporting the anime industry either.

>I don't think all those anime that they supported in the past that got good sales and never got sequels help...
This has got to be a lot of it. It wouldn't take too many times that I spent a lot on season one's BDs and merchandise to vote for a season two, that never materialized, before I stopped spending as a way to say, "Yes, make more of this."

I'm glad I never got this mentality while buying shit I like, but I guess that's the main reason I stopped buying anime paraphernalia altogether now.

It has to be frustrating to spend a lot on a franchise that has plenty of new material to adapt, and get nothing new adapted.
I know, anime are ads, so read the source, but dammit, when you add VAs and motion you get something new, something worth paying for.

It was shit, did you even watch it?

OP is a fag, as always.

I was impressed finding out that Hyouka sold more in the re-release than in the original disc set. 20k total sales is not bad at all.

This kinda makes me feel bad when I recommend people to read the source material if they liked the anime of a given show, because nowadays in most cases I like the anime just as much as the source material and it usually becomes the main reason why the series gets to be talked about in here, it's not like manga/LN/WN/games are bad, but I guess I like anime much more, and when I only get 13 episodes out of a series with bunch of shit to be adapted it's too painful to see the fad of the series ending when the anime stops airing.

There's nothing wrong with telling people to read the source material. What's wrong is getting tons of yen for an adaptation, then never making more.

No, I mean that I actually "lie" to myself and supposedly hold the opinion that the source material is always the best starting point to know about a series when I always cave in and watch the anime adaptation and usually ended up buying BDs or stuff that spawned out of the adaptation directly.

>Amagi Brilliant Park and Tamako Market outsold Maid Dragon
How?

That's not a lie, user. Anime or source as the entry point doesn't matter, instead fondness for the characters, story, or setting is what matters. If someone enjoys an anime adaptation, they'll probably enjoy the source material. Given that production committee's seem to hate money, the source is the only way to see story lines through to the end these days.
Money spent in a manner that reaches the creator of a franchise is never wrong. Hell, I have hard copies of manga volumes that I can't read, just to put a yen or two into the pocket of the mangaka.

I know it isn't really wrong, but I honestly haven't reread anything in years now, while I rewatch shit almost religiously as the years pass, and pick up less and less new titles unless they are spin-offs of manga or VNs that I liked, it's not like it's my fault, but if I still bought anime merchandise, I'd be "part" of the problem.

Yuri never sells.

KyoAni has a Samson Option in Keit-Ai.

Once they adapt that, they will truly find a way.

I don't know why some Sup Forumsnon still don't understand this, are you pretending to be new?
Anime by themselves do not make money, at least not profitable enough to worth the effort. Most of them are essentially just advertisement for the manga/VN/LN. Anime studios generally are paid by the publishers to make anime, they do not rely on BD sales.
Now KyoAni is different. They are also a publisher. So if their anime failed to attract more readers to buy their LN, they might go under. Although they haven't had any run away hits recently, it doesn't look like they are doing too badly either.
So, no, they aren't going to bankrupt any time soon.

>I honestly haven't reread anything in years now, while I rewatch shit almost religiously as the years pass,
I'll admit to putting favorite shows on in the background while I do other things, but if I want to see more of something or someone that I liked, I've no choice but to download the source.
> and pick up less and less new titles unless they are spin-offs of manga or VNs that I liked
At some point, you realize that Sturgeon was right and 90% of any thing is crap. At that point you either commit to watching or reading all the crap, or you wind up following fewer and fewer properties every season.

Netflix's masterplan is end up acquire Kyoani.

What didn't?

In a way you are right, when I rewatch something I have the grasp of it and HDMI cables make it look like background TV so it isn't really proper rewatching.

>At some point, you realize that Sturgeon was right and 90% of any thing is crap
I don't really have to lie here, but I guess it's really hard to admit it. Still, I really want to read/play new crap from time to time, but it seems it must be new crap from authors/devs I already know or are related to some others, I guess it has worked for me until now, maybe soon I will stop doing this hobby altogether.

>I guess it has worked for me until now, maybe soon I will stop doing this hobby altogether.
I say that every season, yet there is always something that looks like it's new, well executed, or both.
Anything Sup Forums gets fired up about is worth giving the three episode rule.
Fired up means massive praise or massive hatred, by the way.

I see where you're coming from. If you didn't have the chance to share your hobby with others it's easy to stop doing it altogether.

Haven't you noticed most studios are moving towards film now? They make more money that way.

>If you didn't have the chance to share your hobby with others it's easy to stop doing it altogether.
Very true. That's what keeps me checking in here, despite the huge numbers of huge assholes.

The films mentioned there are all continuations or adaptations of pre-existing properties though. Would a completely original, and not by Ghibli, film do as well?

Probably not, but I think in maybe another decade or so Yamada will be well known enough to pull it off.

I purchased LN volumes from Kyoanishop through a proxy after watching the anime. I'm glad I was able to contribute to them, even if just a little.

>So if their anime failed to attract more readers to buy their LN
Seems to be the case most of the time, given as far as I know their only LN to have ever ranked on Oricon is Free. Heck, whenever I went to Japan, about the only place that actually had their LNs was Akihabara. I think it's more accurate to say that Kyoto Animation, unlike most studios, is almost always in the production committee, and even leading them in many cases, meaning what profits that are earned, the bulk goes to them.

Oricon doesn't track small publishers. Only kyoani knows how much their shitty novels sell.

KyoAni Shop wasn't as prominent then as it is now, and anime distribution in general has changed pretty dramatically in the past 5 years.

Kyoani is the most hated and least watched studio in the West (with the possible exception of A1).

KyoAni Shop is a meme anyway, more likely at most only 10% or so of sales come from them. I actually doubt most Japanese fans are even aware that it exists.

You're such a stupid fucking tripfag, you know that?

What that means is Hyouka had a lot of fans who liked it but not enough to buy it in 9 single volumes at $60 per volume. They waited for the box release which is always cheaper.

>attract the amateur writers to publish their LNs
>claim their books as award winning masterpieces
>make an anime based on them that barely resembles the source material
>everyone knows "that Kyoani anime" and no one can remember the LN author without the Google
Hmmm, really makes me think.

Their merch and novels are sold in retail stores and book shops as well, like Kotobukiya and Animega.

Doesn't the gross mean Maidragon made slightly more than Tamako Market?

Good. Movies can capitalize on anime's potentials better than series can. More concise, better animations, better sales. It's a win-win.

>claim their books as award winning masterpieces
From the previous 8 awards that they had held, only Violet Evergarden had won the grand prize while the other only got honorable mention.
It is safe to assume that they know their writers are shit.

I think that only applies to movie that is treated as a continuation or spin-off from an already established series.
You need to have name in the industry if you want to pitch original movie.

Why don't they just hire in house writers? It's basically the only thing they outsource now.

damn I hate being reminded of how poorly Nichijou did, It's somehow always worse than I remembered.

>make loads of sales and share minority of the profit
>makes slightly less sales and take in almost all of the money
Pick one.

facebook memes have short shelf life.

It was still popular with nips, just too expensive to buy.

Otaku buy a lot of BDs from Kyoani shop.Oricon doesn't report those sales.

>They're goinfg to bankrupt soon

>when Kyoani's revenue has increased for 6 consecutive years

Why are salesfags so retarded? They seriously believe BD copies are the only thing that exist in this world

Well, sure but then you have to wait 8 months for the subs.

I wish I could watch it in Japan

Just move there. Everyone else seems to be doing so.

>move there
not that user but
>tfw criminal record

For what? Are you some kind of sambo?

Can you point me to the actually good anime in that list?

They aren't releasing a financial report this year?
tdb.co.jp/service/u/1005.jsp?TDBCompanyCode=500418127

There are none haha eggsdee!

Is that what you wanted you faggot? Now go kill yourself.

>449
is munto really thet bad or something?

Bankruptcy incoming

I don't think so pal.

Man they only got 2 shows in over a decade that sold below 3k.
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Even the most hardcore kyoanifags that I know can't defend that shit.

>Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai
This anime has apparently escaped my attention.
Is it any good? Sounds pretentious as fuck, and the sales are below one frt.