SAO Alicization

Being someone who has only watched the anime, can any LNfags give me the run down on who Alice is, and why are LNfags hyped for her? I don't mind mild spoilers.

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/sword-art-online-is-the-smartest-anime-i-ve-seen-in-yea-5947171
defan752.wordpress.com/sword-art-online-volume-16-alicization-exploding/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AI.

>hyperd for her
>he doesn't know who the main "heroine" is
Ahaha ignorance is truly bliss.

Eugeo's waifu, but was ultimately NTR by Kirito

In previous arcs, there are allusions to the government exploring the potential for applying VR technology to military purposes. One example given is in training soldiers. Think of just how much more efficient in terms of time and money it would be in terms of time and money if you could teach someone the fundamentals of soldiering (maneuvers, weapon handling and maintenance, even true live-fire exercises) by just giving a recruit a FullDive unit. In one of the sidestories, you actually see this in action with one of the JSDF Airborne units entering GGO for evaluation purposes and absolutely fucking everyone up.

As it turns out, the Japanese government's plans are far more ambitious than that. They have secretly been developing a new VR platform called Mnemonic Visual by scanning and digitizing the minds of newborns that uses memory rather than perception as its resource/method of interface. Their goal in creating it is the development of a true AI (ie a digital human with true sentience as opposed to just a program containing a series of routines and decision trees that can mimic human speech and action) that can be applied to warfare. Alice is the final product of this program, and she is the heroine of the story arc.

She is also the first heroine who is actually a credible competitor to Asuna.

So does this Alice AI girl like Kirito?

>being this much of a secondary

Alicization is really the writer attempting to reset the entire plot and start SAO from scratch, only without rushing the plot and more experience.
I also have this feeling the writer regrets solving the romantic subplot with Asuna so soon and that's why she's basically out for 90% of the arc and another heroine takes her place.

It's kind of complex, but yes.

How the hell is it complex?

Spoilering this just in case you haven't actually read Alicization. Obviously Alice Synthesis Thirty is totally in love with him. The person from whom Alice Synthesis Thirty was created and her real identity, Alice Schuberg of Rulid, loves Eugeo instead. That's what I mean about it being kind of complex. The person who loves him is basically a fake personality that only became "real" because of how events in the story played out.

Kirito just has to have every girl huh. Well in the end I presume she's just an AI anyway so she's not really a rival to Asuna or anything.

Yeah but the important thing is that Kirito still gets that banging hot body of hers even if the "original" Alice is gone and Eugeo doesn't get shit.

And no Alice is actually a serious competitor here because unlike the other girls she's not afraid to openly chase Kirito and doesn't give a shit about him already being in a relationship.

How can she be a serious competitor when she's just an AI?

Alice becomes important only from volume 13, Eugeo is Kirito's sidekick from volume 9 to 12.

AI who behaves and has emotions like a human, also at the end of volume 18 she live with Kirito as a robot in the real world.

Ok now that's much more interesting. So meaning she still is chasing after Kirito even in the real world. Well ok, that's better.

is it implied that lolice likes eugeo back?

Hopefully we will get Kirito cucking Eugeo doujin

It's hard to say, I re-read volume 9 recently and there is no hint young alice likes Eugeo or Kirito. She sees them like her 2 best friends. Only the feelings of Eugeo for Alice are clearly implied.

Isn't more likely we'll get Kirito dicking Eugeo doujins? The fujos are going to love the next arc

>She isn't really a rival to Asuna

This is not the case. For one, Alice is the only heroine who doesn't get along with Asuna and is willing to make enemies with her for the sake of love. They actively dislike each other, and their relationship never gets better than "I acknowledge her as a threat."

Additionally, there is the consideration that Kirito has been consistently characterized as someone for whom virtual worlds are more real than the real world (This is the main reason why he has some affinity for Kayaba even after everything that happened). Because of this, Alice being the main heroine of the digital world of UW is not a disadvantage for her but an actual advantage in terms of love. There is a very real chance that Future Kirito could end up choosing to defacto leave reality behind, and it is something that Aids-chan actually foreshadowed in a warning to Asuna back in Volume 7.

Go back and read what happens when Eugeo dies. Lolice indeed loves both of them, but she chooses to sacrifice her existence for Eugeo and departs the world while holding his hand.

>your robot waifu will never deliver herself to your home to be next to you
This is one of the few things I could actually feel envious about

Tell me how robotic does she looks like. Suddenly I'm interested in her.

Is it still NTR if you fuck both the husband and the wife ?

Oh, I knew I'd read her implied feelings somewhere, but couldn't quite put my hand on it.

I doubt the writer will have balls to pull that off, I'm betting we'll get some clone arc with some brain scan of Kirito being replicated or some shit and everyone gets her own Kirito.

Did they announce Alicization anime already?

>A robot is actually in contender against Asuna.

AYYYYY now that's funny as hell.

They make her a body that outwardly resembles her body in Underworld as long as it has clothes on. That said, Alice experiences great frustration in being stuck in an cold and unfeeling robotic shell and existing as a curiosity for people to gawk at. The author actually does a good job of making you empathize with the struggles she faces in getting reverse-isekai'd.

It's coming considering SAO prints money and the novel is already done with the arc.

Have you not heard what happens in his other story, then? It's looking more and more that it might be a divergent continuity, but even so...

Accel world S2 when?

Constant reminds me Kirito has lived 200 years in the Underworld and only 17 years in the real world

I've only read the WN summaries, but I know something that could interest you...
The dude that wrote them was very hyped over a word that Space King Kirito (a Kirito that lived +200 years with Asuna in UW). Namely, he referred to Asuna as his wife but in a kanji that also means concubine, which (the writer headcannoned) could imply that she was one of Kirito's many wives in his stupidly long life in UW. Even so, that would mean his old harem would've gotten nothing, which is sad, innit?
Yes, they announce this weekend. Geez, where have you been?

Don't you like 200 years old tennagers ?

What's happening in Accel World? Have they gone into the Imperial Palace and rescued Graphite Edge yet?

How is it possible?

Due to the Fluctlight acceleration function of the Soul Translator, the time in Underworld have a different rate than in real life, 1,000 to 5,000 times the rate of the real world.
So a few days in real life is the equivalent of few years in Underworld.

We got a movie last year, so a season 2 could still happen.

There is still something about Alicization that confuses me.
Isn't Kirito actually brain dead and the Kirito that gets puts back inside his brain just a copy they were running in the VR ?

Yes. They ask Graphite Edge about various things, and what he ends up relating is a bunch of stuff about the origins of the Accelerated World and all of the games based on it. He relates a story about how they were an accidental outcome of a war that happened in the distant past in which the Fluctuating Light, the greatest treasure in the Accelerated World, is a person was imprisoned inside the Imperial Palace via a GM console and that Brain Burst and the other two games were created for the specific purpose of rescuing the Fluctuating Light. His story all but confirms that Graphite Edge is Kirito from an alternate scenario where Gabriel was able to seal away Alice before being defeated. It also means he spent the past twenty years trying and failing to rescue her.

If you fuck both at the same time it's just a threesome, but if you do it to them separately then I guess it counts as NTR?

>Namely, he referred to Asuna as his wife but in a kanji that also means concubine, which (the writer headcannoned) could imply that she was one of Kirito's many wives in his stupidly long life in UW.
That was a mistranslation from the Chinese TL. Nothing like that was implied in the raw WN.

Graphite Edge is probably StarKing!Kirito instead of Kazuto!Kirito. Which means he is probably several hundred thousand fucking years old by now if he has been under acceleration since the end of Alicization

Well Netorare is stealing someone's else lover so it should still count even if it's still the same person.

I honestly prefered the movie over that arc. I wish there was an AR anime for once instead of all that VR shit.

kotaku.com/sword-art-online-is-the-smartest-anime-i-ve-seen-in-yea-5947171

Robotics;notes

>linking to Kotaku

Did he ever release the next SAO/P volume?
I kinda missed SAO related threads the last months, how far is the main story? Did the post-Alicization arc already start?

I like the show but Kotaku is so full of shit on so many levels.

>actually posts a link to a Kotaku article with a bait-y title

Did you get lost on your way to Sup Forums and end up on Sup Forums?

Good to get that out of the way.

that only made it better desu

This situation reminds me of FSN, only instead of Saber, Rin and Sakura it's Alice, Asuna and Eugeo.
Blood is going to be spilled.

Interesting character and idea but kind of worthless by it being stuck in SAO. The author should have ended SAO and started a new story with this plot instead.

>why she's basically out for 90% of the arc and another heroine takes her place
No, no nononono. I want Kirito and Asuna to get together already so I can romance the other girls in the games. This is not ok, fucking hell.

It's gonna be a race, on space
Oh wait, it'll never happen

Chill fag, they are still OTP

The only difference is that Alice actually has a spine and doesn't timidity start worshiping the ground Asuna walks on like the More Deban club.

Asuna responds by actually getting out her claws and going from "perfect, proper girl" to "bitch better get her hands of my man". I love Bercolli but he really should have let that catfight go on longer before intervening.

Accel World volume 19 has an illustration that seems to show StarKing Kirito with Alice Fluctuating Light.

>“Why…? Because he’s mine!!”
Mmm. Can't wait for the anime get to their fight.

Basically Me!Me!Me!

>reading this thread
Wew, SAO went to all kinds of crazy directions with it's story.

Holy shit I need to get back into reading SAO.

Is it worth starting alicization from the beginning again if I stopped reading during the novel where Kirito was PTSD after losing Eugeo?

Link me to that part. I wanna see.

defan752.wordpress.com/sword-art-online-volume-16-alicization-exploding/
Ctrl-f "“From the same world as… Kirito-senpai?”" and continue reading.

ITT:not even a missing dimension will not keep me from my husbando

Context?

2 years glop

It's worth it, am actually doing that right now. Been spotting some neat foreshadowing and background info.
Get YP's translations for volume 9-11, theirs are better than fan TL.

Do they also bicker in the real world?

Yes. When Alice gets a robot body she ships herself to Kirito's house and introduces herself to Kirito's uncle and aunt as his wife (indirectly by calling them 'dad' and 'mom') and later has another IRL catfight with Asuna after she hugs Kirito on their bike ride. Basically, Alice is actually a threat to Asuna unlike the other girls who hero worship Asuna.

>“Who are you?! What do you want with Kirito?!”
>“Why…? Because he’s mine!!”
>“What did you say?! You barbarian!!”

>“Let me be clear: from now on, no one is to enter that wagon without my permission. Ensuring Kirito’s safety is my responsibility alone.”
>“… Same to you, stop calling my Kirito-kun directly by his name…”
>“What did you say?!”
>“… No, nothing.”
>Hmph, Alice and Asuna spun away from each other, and followed the Knight Commander’s retreating shadow.
Wew. Never thought I need a genuine Kiritobowl in my life.

>who hero worship Asuna.
Well. That's because she's a legit hero.

I remember that the first Alicization volumes were translated really bad. Like, Latino-translating-English-into-Spanish bad. The last ones, specially Vol. 17, were way better.

Pandora in the Crimson Shell soon?

It got better when Tap took over.

Wow Alice doesn't hold back. I'm sold on reading the LNs now.

But what does Kirito feel for her?
Is he actually thinking of dumping Asuna?
Also what is Asuna's reaction to this?

Is there really enough material for a S3 though? Kinda surprised it wasn't talked about more, unless I just missed the announcement.

There is plenty of material, actually so much that it has to kinda be 40+ episodes to get everything in

Downloadad the 20GB ReinForce raws of the SAO movie just to realize they didn't include the BD subs in the raw. What the fuck. Any way to download the subs seperately? Sorry I'm such a retard, any help would be appreciated.

Check if any torrent includes a separate .ass file (no kidding, it's the actual name of the extension). Then download it separately.

There's enough material for the Light Novel readers to worry about whether or not A-1 will rush through everything to fit the arc into 1 season. If they're smart and want to milk SAO then Alicization should be 3 full seasons long at least.

user. Alicization is a completed arc and it is BY FAR the longest arc in the entire series. Realistically Alicization alone is enough material for 48 episodes (2 full seasons) without having to drag anything out at all.

That worked. Thanks mate.

Glad to have helped, Nep-san.

>reverse-isekai'd.
Being reverse-isekai'd would be going back to your own world from another. It's still just regular isekai even if it's a person from another world coming to the "real" world.

Asuna 2.0. Just like how Alicization as an arc is basically just SAO 2.0.

Fuck the author even pulls a double whammy of pseudo-isekai and amnesia on Kirito so that the character ends up trapped in a new fantasy world and also doesn't remember everything in the series before that point. It's basically a full reset for Kirito's story with some changes blended in (like the world Kirito's stuck in being more fantasy and less video game and Kirito having a best friend named Eugeo who actually travels with him for a lot of the story and who will no doubt be the focus of an innumerable amount of homosexual doujins)

>But what does Kirito feel for her?
While he probably doesn't feel anything romantic for her he feels he has to take responsibility for changing her life completely. Because he ejected her from UW everyone she knew from there are long dead because of the time difference and the real world is foreign to her (she basically gets reverse isekai'd). There really isn't anywhere for her but to be by his side.
>Is he actually thinking of dumping Asuna?
When hell freezes over
>Also what is Asuna's reaction to this?
She gets really possessive of her man, which is a first for her.

>amnesia on Kirito so that the character ends up trapped in a new fantasy world and also doesn't remember everything in the series before that point. It's basically a full reset for Kirito's story

When Alicization actually starts, I'm pretty sure the only thing he forgot was the LC attack that puts him into a coma.

No, he forgot everything but was able to deduce that he was in a simulated world relatively quickly. Unless my memories from reading the LNs are faulty or something, it was a little while ago I'll admit.

Kirito thinks Alice is an ice-cold bitch when he first meets her, but he revises his opinion of her once he figures out what her deal is and why, to the point that he's willing to do everything in his power to protect her and her world following what happens in Alicization. He obviously isn't thinking of dumping Asuna, because he's not that kind of guy, but it's obvious that she's on a different level than any of the other characters who are just subheroines. As previously stated, Asuna is hostile to her, because she realizes that Alice is a real threat. She's an actual genius swordswoman, is extremely beautiful in a dignified way, was Kirito's dear childhood friend while growing up in UW, was Kirito's caretaker and protector while he was catatonic for two years in UW, and has feelings for Kirito that are best described as actual love rather than just a crush, partiality, or a passing interest.

Didnt he regain most of those memories before the tower climb part?

I just meant it in the sense of how she went from being someone with superhuman powers in a fantasy setting to a powerless non-human in an ordinary setting.

He remembered his previous life, but couldn't remember why or how he ended up in that world. He also didn't remember the 11 years he spent in Underworld, except for some vague flashbacks.

Oh, ok. It was like, 4 or 5 years ago that I first read those volumes now that I think about it. No wonder my memory has gotten a bit hazy on the subject.

Did that attempted rape scene that resulted in Kirito literally fucking murdering someone actually happen? Or is that just my memory playing tricks on me?

I understood that. But we've already let too many words become meaningless buzzwords over the last couple years, and I want to avoid adding more the that list.

Oh it did happen. You can't have attempted rape not happening in SAO, never forget that.