Black Clover

Is he going to scream and act like a faggit for the entire season, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14071433
youtube.com/watch?v=Vcd9tZ51oXg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

Yes

Yes. That's actually his schtick in the manga. Even the characters there are annoyed by him.

I'm not joking, he never stops screaming.

>shounen MC ever changing or maturing, sans large timeskips
Watching the wrong genre

>annoyed by him
Everyone keeps masturbating to him and act as if he was their hero and some how the catalyst in their non-existent character development despite doing nothing but screaming shit about friendship

Do you mean the MC, or the fans?
Answer is yes anyway.

but at least other shounen protagonists don't fucking scream all the time.

btw. Really wonder why they hired this VA.

The crackle and hiss of his VA was earbreaking I wonder how long he'd last before getting surgery.

If he would be screaming all the time, should've chosen Murase Ayumu to voice him.

>he never stops screaming
And dropped.

>btw. Really wonder why they hired this VA.
Because they want this shit to crash and burn.

Was it the actor as in the ova? Did he scream that much.

Couldn't get through the first episode because his autistic screeching. Bravo to whoever decided it was a good idea.

The problem is that his scream is so long and monotone. It's like Asta's is "fake screaming" if you get what I mean. There's no inflection or whatever in the way he is voiced.

This is what I posted some time ago, before there was an anime reveal..

>Watches clip on YouTube
Oh my god. Is this a joke? They couldn't possibly think this was okay.

I hate when he does this in the manga, oh god it's going to be suffering because he does it all the time! Fuck you Japan, just... fuck you Japan.

>using quote as an action
Get the fuck outta here newfag.

>Asta is unironically #1 in the first ever character popularity poll
Clearly two bombs weren't enough

Yes, drop it like I did.

Yes so read the manga his voice is better in it

Save yourself from the Asta syndrome.

I guess it's time to drop this shit after all. His voice is fucking grating and literally the worst shounen archetype to exist. What an utterly unbearable character.

>this guy uses anti-magic
>lets use magic on him
>"masaka how could he negate magic"
>repeat forever

He gets a second sword which can absorb and utilize other people's magic.

Because having one broken ability wasn't enough.

Soon it'll be below a 7 and in 6 territory.

Poll on how much you like BC

strawpoll.me/14071433

Does it matter? It will boost the manga sales.

I haven't read the manga but knew the plot, just not the intricacies. Story's very, VERY generic, done in a VERY generic way, but I'm not really one to be hung up on shit like that. Generic =/= Bad, it's all in the follow-up execution.
But is Asta one of those characters that's going to be literally objectively annoying, but "i-it's the point of his character to be annoying!", so somehow that means you can't criticize him?
Because I will.
He's still fucking annoying.

I only browse these threads ironically, I'm in no danger

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

thanks, anons.

>young teen male MC of an action shounen
You know your answer

Are nips shitting on the VA as hard as we are?

This first episode really goes to show how much it matters to have good pacing and buildup in your story. In BnHA Deku learning he can be a hero from All Might is an incredibly emotional scene. Primarily because of the storytelling but also because Deku isn't an inherently grating character.

Imagine if Bakugo was the powerless MC but was still a yelly and angry shithead and then he also gets deus ex machina superpowers and all that happens in episode one without any context to his character or endearing moments for why we should root for him. That's Black Clover, except worse because Bakugo doesn't have a voice that hurts your ears.

In Black Clover we have no build up, no effort trying to endear us to the main character's plight, no time to explore character personalities outside of "I will never give up" and *silence* and god tier superpowers by the end of the episode.

I have literally zero investment in anything going on in this show. They didn't even try to give you a reason to care. Now, I don't know about you guys but when I don't care about something I tend not to try and put myself through audio and visual suffering just to experience it. So unless people start ranting and raving about how, contrary to the first episode, Black Clover is a masterpiece, I won't be continuing with the show any time soon. Hell, it's so rare that I drop a show this early but that just goes to show you how poorly they've done in this show. Even SAO I kept going till about half way through the season.

Overall there isn't much I can say that looks good about this show. The animation was decent for one or two 2-3 second scenes. The CGI is bad (though perhaps an intentional style for the chains) and the animation outside of one or two short cuts was very meh. None of the characters are interesting and we don't even know why the main character want to be a magic knight let alone a Wizard King. They've honestly done such a piss poor job of the first episode.

Disgusting naruto rip-off
At least his brother is aight

>i will become hokage! madadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAA

is the MC fucking autistic or something

Well the voice stopped after the first introducing.

The damage was already done then.

Yuno literally becoming a silent emotionless autist just because he saw Asto get beat up one time seems massively contrived.
Hold my hand I'm animeonly, is there more to it or did he literally just see Asto get whooped on and go "oops I have aspergers now"

>Black C Lover
what did tabata mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Vcd9tZ51oXg
Jesus Christ

I feel bad for the VA

It's glorious. As annoying as I thought he is gonna be.
That VA is amazing. He truly hit the core of Asters character.

He sounds like someone's sticking a drill in my ear.

I watched the episode and couldn't stop cringing every time he speaks.
Fucking christ even my little sister who doesn't care for anime heard him past my headphones and said "Why is he screaming all the time? Is he stupid?"

This is worse than Fairy Tail

>60FPS

I don't know which is worse, the screaming or the fake frames.

Are the nips giving him shit too?

Fucking lord i'm going to end up deaf because of this shit.

What's wrong with the fake frames? They don't look that bad.

It looks like shit get your eyes checked.

>he also gets deus ex machina superpowers
It's not a deus ex machina if it's literally the first chapter/episode. I don't really mind for the rest of your points cause I'm not a BC fag but just thought I'd point this out cause it's wrong.

Will the screaming be as prevalent as it was in this episode?
I almost dropped it but stuck with it and I can watch this if he doesn't literally scream for a full minute and 40 seconds every episode.

>It's not a deus ex machina if it's literally the first chapter/episode

Deus Ex Machinas have no bearing on timing. They're just sudden changes of fortune by means of plot contrivance. They can happen anywhere.

Did this guy even finish a single sentence without raising his voice at the end yaaaaaaaaa? Jesus christ.

>scream and act like a faggit for the entire season

Works well for BhA.

>You will feel the need to mention Boku no Hero every 5 seconds and shit on it

It's real

>In BnHA Deku learning he can be a hero from All Might is an incredibly emotional scene.
What are you talking about, Deku crying all the fucking time for nothing wasnt good pacing and build up. I couldnt make it past the first half of the second episode.

>aaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
repeat for 24 minutes every week. You now have the plot of Black Clover

Different user but it was actual emotional depth to his character that quickly conveyed helplessness in a superpowered world.
I won't say it's good conventional pacing, because it happened in episode 1. But they quickly instilled a sense of where he was, who he was, and how desperately he wanted to be like his idol, then capitalized on that.

Fucking Christ.
For VA's own sake I hope this piece of shit doesnt get a S2.

Do Japan hate him yet.

>there are people who claimed Fairy Tail/Natsu was the worst shounen ever when this MC exists

How would u define something as a deus ex machina if the series hasn't even fully fleshed out yet? That's like saying Ichigo getting Shinigami powers or Deku inheriting OfA is a deus ex machina

I'm only a few minutes in and this is fucking unbearable

Luckily Natsu had the same VA as Simon, so I never had a problem with his voice

ITs fun-fucking-tastic.

annoying VA for annoying char for stupid anime/manga for annoying fanbase

From 1-10 10 being the highest, how generic shonen is this? 1st episode makes me think like an 7-8.

It happens sometimes, though. See Owari no Seraph.

However, as it's shonen, you can forget subtil and long evolution through experience and encounters: it's always done in the most unsubtle and abrupt way possible in the span of 2 or 3 chapters, through traumatic events like MC being utterly destroyed, MC's friend/sibling dying, bad guy revealing he's MC's long gone friend/sibling, or stuff like that.

Female mangaka are in general better at making characters evolving slowly and logically considering the events they went through.

I lost it
This shit is hilarious

>rival
>humor
>father figur/uncle
>mc is op
>mc is op, but doesn't even has his full powers yet
>mc has problem with girls
>mc screams
>manga/anime is about friendship

I d go wirth a solid 9/10.

>Really wonder why they hired this VA.

I'd rather wonder what went through the director's brain to think it was even remotely OK. In the end, the VA only acts (badly) according to the director's will.

Protagonist is orphan
Genki, dumb type
Underdog who wants to be strongest around
Best friend is also a rival, the genius prodigy silent guy type
Gets mysterious strong as fuck power of dubious origin
Fights for his friends
Who happen to be a ragtag bunch of rejects

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I think I could tolerate Natsu better because he was accompanied by a large cast, and he was rarely the focus aside from the mandatory finishing blow at the end of each arc.

Yeah.

The world was fleshed out enough to define it as one.
Half the episode was spent drilling in "if you have no magic, you're worthless; this world revolves entirely around magic"
Then he gets a super-duper anti-magic book. Deus Ex Machina as fuck, my man.

How do they depict his screaming in the manga?

If this is a 7-8, what's your 10?

BC really does seem like a bunch of tropes/fantasy pieces sewn together with its primary purpose of surviving in Shonen Jump rather than trying to do anything interesting with its story/concept.

This. They even explained it at the end of the episode.
>3 leafs are what everyone usually has
>4 is ultra rare for the gifted just like the hero Wizard King
>Screamo's mom lets him have 5 leafs.

reminder that the bad guy's seiyuu was just as annoying, but for some reason is being ignored

Oh hey guys what's going on in this th-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

who, chain guy? One-note villains with exaggerated voices are the norm, though.

MC seems to have hit this quality pitch/inflection that lingers in your fucking ears every time he screams

This show has some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard

I want the worse depiction. Like a whole page of shouting.

>MC of questionable or mysterious origin
>Rival friend he grew up with who's a prodigy who tries to act way too aloof and detached
>Heavy exposition telling you about the world's magic/power system
>Everyone has power except for the MC who doesn't
>Hilariously edgy villain who corners the MC
>MC actually has the most snowflake "because I never give up!" power of all
>Voice acting that hurts your ears
>CGshit that hurts your eyes
This entire episode felt like it was written by someone who couldn't tell why shounen like Dragonball or YYH are good and why Naruto and One Piece are bad, and then tried to write his own series based on all of them. They tried to make a hot blooded MC "hard head who never gives up" type, but just ended up making him obnoxious and had him yell every single line and act like a chuuni who drank 4 cups of coffee. They jumped right into the deus ex machina that evaluates potential power that said he had zero, then went right into the jk he actually has hidden demon powers because he never gives up shit. Chains McHelsing doubles back and gets scared because the MCs friend says the MC won't give up and then the MC gives him a mean look just to show you how awesome the MC despite him not actually doing anything there, and on top of it the show looks and sounds like shit. I have a hard time believing the manga has fans, even the ESLfags who read shitty low quality scanlations of bad manga and yell about secondaries because they think they're special for reading trash.

For the first like 20-minutes I thought this was irredeemable shounenshit with every single trope in the book but somehow the last couple minutes turned me around, even though it was exactly the same

fujoshit bait

>Naruto and One Piece are bad

Very much so, yes.

Thank you for also being annoyed by the villain backing away from the MC before he had his powers. He was mocking him and stepping on him and then because Yuno says he's his rival suddenly he cowers away. Fuck my ass that was horrible

I don't know where the manga is or the exact themes therein, as this never struck me as a must-read, but if the whole series doesn't end with Yuno becoming the Wizard King, Asto saving the world, learning a lesson of humility in the process, and reconciling his unattainable desires to become the King with his acts of heroism as he strove for that throne, resigning himself to being the King's right hand, the Batman to Yuno's Dent, then it's shit.

>I have a hard time believing the manga has fans
It's more entertaining than BNHA.

>BCfags shit on the VA who got picked to voice the loudest, most annoying character ever
I feel sorry for the man, how long until hes forced to get corrective surgery on his vocal chords?

They're both complete shit.

>Thank you for also being annoyed by the villain backing away from the MC before he had his powers.
It made no fucking sense at all. I don't understand how anyone missed it when it stuck out that bad.