I want to start going to church every Sunday. Do I just show up? Is there anything I need to do?

I want to start going to church every Sunday. Do I just show up? Is there anything I need to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Tfw2suyUUNw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

/Thread

youtu.be/Tfw2suyUUNw

Find faith

talk to a priest, become a member of the church. Make sure to join a Catholic Church so you can be saved.

Meet a local priest, spread your anus, and you’re in

yup just show up and after the ceremony talk to him, he will show you the way

Get in contact with the priest beforehand. His contact info shouldn't be that hard to find. Just don't go to some protestant nonsense church, and if there isn't one available, get a study bible and some books on church history, doctrine, and worship so you don't go in completely blind.

Hahahaha never before have I seen such heresy

i know Catholicism is currently under (((Jesuit))) occupation but salvation = faith + works has always been the truth

Show up early and introduce yourself to all the parishioners as they arrive. Regardless of denomination all true followers of Christ will perform a simple secret handshake when prompted with the keyphrase:

“Yabba dabbie doo, Christ is my daddy too.”

Perform the simple handshake (google this ahead of time) and you will be accepted to the church.

Good luck user, if anyone spits on you that means you should go home because your application has been denied.

Hope this helps

if you are going to go to a catholic church then just go and talk to the priest afterwards and don't take communion. if you go to a protestant church, then idk they might make you a preacher on day one or some shit

You just have to gib money. Church leaders don't care about anything else. If you gib, you're welcome.

just shut up and read revelations. trust me you'll feel really good.

Pretty much this. Protestants are absolute heretics. But Catholicism is also pretty cucked at the moment so I recommend Orthodoxy OP, hope this helps

why do you come to this site, to shit post and talk, same thing at church but there are women.

>Catholicism

The US and subsequently Sup Forums have been flooded with spic goblins I see.

Denpends on the kind of Church. I go to a Baptist Church and I just turned up at 10:45 on a Sunday; some old guy started talking to me before the service and I stated making friends. Afterwards he introduced me to the pastor and we talked about faith etc.

My church has a whole section for newcomers.

I imagine in a Catholic or Orthodox Church it will be quite different. I am pretty sure you can turn up to mass in a Catholic Church as long as YOU DO NOT TAKE COMMUNION. At my church we do not even believe in transubstantiation and they were still pretty firm about not taking communion till I had accepted Jesus Christ as my personal saviour.

Bring your wallet. You can't serve god without paying money for it.

Revelations isn't a book in the Bible

Oh yes, that way you can buy your way out of hell. Catholic Church is beyond salvation and it won't get you any either.

Damn; I can recognize St. Patrick’s Cathedral at a glance. It really is a nicecathedral especially by American standards.

t. kike-enabler pro-usury protestshit

Should I go to a Greek Orthodox Church? There is one in my area that looks comfy.

Yes OP. You just turn up. Find out the service times and walk on in and sit down.
Best to go beforehand just to check it out, get comfortable with the place.
During mass there are little things that go to be aware of, lots of standing and sitting, at one point everyone is invited to queue up for blood and body of Christ. You don't have to do this.
There's also a cool little part where the priest tells everyone to make a friend. At that point you just turn to someone near you, give them a smile and say hi.
At the end of it do what you want. Stay quietly and pray, run out the door, stop and meet the priest. It's polite to introduce yourself but not necessarily expected.
Have fun, enjoy. Its real comfy. Oh and remember turn your phone off.

This
Protestants are kike-puppets

Exactly this. Personal responsibility has gone out the window in Catholicism because the tail is now wagging the dog. It didn't use to be this way though

funny thing is here the most corrupt churches which quite literally sell "land in heaven" are all portestant

And don't forget the classic "you're poor because you don't give enough money to the church"

Or SSPX. I wanted to join the one in my city but too much of a sperg to do so, hope I do it this year though

For what purpose OP?
Churches aren't where you will find Yahweh, Just read the Scriptures, and get to know your father through prayer and conversation with him.
Only thing you will find in churches is organized religion, with lying priests and filthy lucre plates passed around.
And of course 501C3

You should check if they have services in English, most of the ones I'm aware of that have x group in the title speak that language (I.e Russian Orthodox speak Russian) other than that, I wish you well on your journey to salvation.

wear the best clothes you own

>*Hacks you to death with a machete*

remember to do this, but don't get any ideas.

S-Sauce?

>shows up in sin
>spontaneous human combustion
you've been warned

Yes absolutely do it. Greek/Russian/etc doesn't really matter but make sure it's orthodox, that's the closest to what original christians practiced.

Unfortunately I'm a paddy Amerimutt, which means I will always be a papist but I hope one day Benedict will dethrone the usurper and restore my fathers house

You should register online, and make sure you verify the church doesn't have a No Singles Policy

paid indulgences stopped being a thing 500 years ago bro

Make sure to become a member of the Cathic church so you can be scammed out of your money by an organization that does not follow scriptures, makes blasphemous idols, and has you worship them and pray to the saints, rather than God.

Don't even get me started on the Pope.

>confuses Brazil with Mexico
Go back to sucking Chong's dick leaf

>communion when not even the denomination yet
Absolutely not. That is just Protestant bullshit. The OP should remain seated or come up with arms crossed for a blessing only.

>Implying you weren't the original creaturas who turned Mexico into a nonwhite shithole

He did nothing wrong desu

Redpill me on Lutheranism. Luther hated the Jews but aside from that, I know nothing about him or his movement.