Top 10 anime betrayals

No, really. Not the meme, I am serious. What was the best betrayal you never expected form an anime/manga? Ichigo stabbed by rukia was crazy for me, because the chapter ended without explanation.

Bleach Ending

Aizen reveal was God tier. Tsukishima and Ginjo working together was good too. Did anyone see either of those coming?

Although the very, very best I've ever read was the betrayal in the Webtoon Kubera
Asha being revealed as the bad bitch she always appeared to be was a masterwork

I wish the final time this happened was in the last chapter.
They were planning on chopping Ichigo up and using him as the new soul king anyway so might as well have the last scene be Rukia backstabbing him for old time's sake.

The eclipse was the most shocking event I have ever seen in manga. The first time I saw it couldn't believe what was happening.

The deads, the betrayal, the rape, the hand everything was going to shit and it was awesome.

>Did anyone see either of those coming?
For Aizen, not even Kubo did (for real). But Ginjo's betrayal was largely theorized due to many hints we had.

Source? I mean, it feels like it was planned since his introduction, and shit like this was just to mislead.

All we know is at some point Kubo's editor suggested that Aizen be revealed as the villain (originally it was Kisuke) but we don't know at which point this was suggested or when Kubo decided on making Aizen the villain.

Every One In Kaiji.

Not much of a reveal desu, she was pretty transparent in having no qualms about killing off leez whenever it benefited her the most.

>originally it was Kisuke
Seriously? If the editor had a say in such a huge plot-point then I can't imagine the little things they were be able to tell Kubo to write/draw. He must've gotten fed up with the meddling after a certain point, especially since Kubo came across as really protective of his work in his latest interview.

Clearly you don't understand how the Editorial Department works at Shueisha. It's not just Bleach, literally every SJ manga is being influenced by the editors in some form or another.

>Kubo's editor suggested
false.it was all kubo.

Nice source

13 Blades interview

Try again speedreader

>top 10
where are you mongoloids coming from? get the fuck out

And the pairing cuz it didn't make no f****** sense

Ginjo yes. Kubo always gives the bad guys weird haircuts

>top 10
is this for your youtube channel?

Jinto betraying humanity for space elf pussy is on top.

Nice cancer meme

I felt like it had just slightly less impact because of two factors. We'd already seen God Hand was an untouchable entity to Guts and we already knew Griffith betrayed him. Both of those factors alone wouldn't hurt the Eclipse at all, but together they felt like we had too much knowledge going in. It's still totally horrific and bleak though.

>literally every SJ manga is being influenced by the editors
Not HxH.

Editors can't control your writing if you don't write anything!

>Kubo wanted the villain to be Kisuke but the editor wanted Aizen

I don't know if I believe this, but it's totally possible. One of the biggest instances of this kind of thing was with Lum in Urusei Yatsura. Rumiko Takahashi wanted Shinobu to be the heroine, and for Lum to just to be in the first chapter, and there was at least one or two chapters without her being mentioned right after. She was apparently forced to make Lum the heroine and love-interest.

I also heard this almost happened with Ranma1/2 when Shampoo was introduced.

Bullshit, where's your source on this? His 13 Blades commentary revealed it was Kubo's doing, he even considered Hanataro as villain at one point but he chose Aizen in the end because he seemed like the person readers would least likely suspect.

Nah you're just a pleb if you didn't see the end pairings coming.