>>163042188

He was the victim.

Frankenstein's monster, sometimes referred to as Frankenstein, is a fictional character who first appeared in Mary Shelley's 1818 novel Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus.[1] Shelley's title thus compares the monster's creator, Victor Frankenstein, to the mythological character Prometheus, who fashioned humans out of clay and gave them fire.

In Shelley's Gothic story, Victor Frankenstein builds the creature in his laboratory through an ambiguous method consisting of chemistry and alchemy. Shelley describes the monster as 8-foot-tall (2.4 m), hideously ugly, but sensitive and emotional. The monster attempts to fit into human society but is shunned, which leads him to seek revenge against Frankenstein. According to the scholar Joseph Carroll, the monster occupies "a border territory between the characteristics that typically define protagonists and antagonists".[2]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VfoaWHsdTNU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He was a Tragic Figure; an allegory for the human condition.

This.

sage

Wait, he's always been seen as a sympathetic tragic figure. That's the mainstream analysis.

It's cultural genocide.
As tmbg said, everything right is wrong again.

If you actually read the book, you'd understand the allegory and symbolism of the book instead of share bullshit "LE MARIXST INTERPRETATION" fake news

The monster was likened to a motherless child, and drew experience from the author's real life (she had a pretty sad childhood)

Read the book dumbass.

>Frankenstein's monster was the victim!

Shit, guys. The SJWs figured out how to read. We're doomed!

this.
You read the story and are sad that he has to be put down, but nevertheless it was probably for the best. Even a child should be able to understand.

I thought it was universally agreed that frakenstein himself was actually the monster.

this
well done chap

>Frankenstein is wrong for playing god
>The Monster is wrong for existing and murdering.
>The humans are wrong for their anger towards him

I always thought that the book was about Original Sin, that everyone is a sinner.

Yeah. But he redeems himself. The monster comes back, demands a wife. He realizes if her give him a wife her will imbue her with the power to birth life and kills Frankenstein the Monster.

Kinda sad. The moral is to keep your monster in your pants.

Victim? He frames an innocent girl for murder and she gets executed.

So I start out the thread laughing at the Sun and everyone posts at me as if I wrote the article. That's cool.

Didn't the monster do a dance number with Dr. Frankenstein? How can you hate that?

this, lol

youtube.com/watch?v=VfoaWHsdTNU

Misunderstood.

I don't think this has anything to do with politics. Mary Shelley was very careful to also show things from the monster's POV, and she did it tremendously well. The creature wasn't motivated by evil, but rather by an inability to comprehend the things that go on around it that caused it to lash out. Basically, you know how a baby cries when it is born? Imagine if the baby was very large and very strong, and instinctively knew complex motor functions, like walking and smashing, and that its fear was more of the angry variety.

LIke in Honey, I Blew Up the Kid?

the frankencocks are rising

But that was the point of the fucking novel.

Of course (((Frankenstein))) was the victim

well thats the more intellectual take on it, but Honey best dissected by literary masters

True, but how can Hollywood make money off a story like that?

Funniest movie ever made.

Frankenstein the evil white privileged scientist trying to create a mindless black slave, it writes itself basically.

>Pretty sad childhood
Doesn't even fucking describe it. Her life made Berserk sound like a walk through a flowery field.

The monster in the Universal films is *significantly* more sympathetic than the monster in the book or in other adaptations.

In the book he is sensitive and emotional, but also intelligent and cruel. He murders Victor's infant brother and frames Justine for it (a young woman who Victor's family took in at the age of twelve) and she is subsequently hung for the crime. Immediately after this the monster shows up and orders Victor to make him a companion/mate for him, and threatens to continue murdering his friends and family members until he agrees. To prove his point he murders Victor's childhood friend and frames Victor for the murder. When Victor is acquitted and marries Elizabeth, the monster quickly murders her and Victor's father dies shortly after from grief. In the end, Victor dies and the monster finally realizes the kind of empty, murderous fiend he's become and decides to take his own life.

So no, the monster is not the victim. Victor is.

What are you talking about? Shelleys early life was alright

These people would fucking ally with aliens against the human race if possible, and yet we continue to tolerate their existence...

What do you mean? Have you not read the book? Frankensteins monster is indeed the victim.

>having a life worse than Guts
Elaborate please

The monster murdered because Frankenstein was actively trying to sabotage its life at every turn. In the beginning, all it wanted (besides affection from its "father") was a female monster and Frankenstein decided to tear it to pieces right in front of its fucking face.

I wonder if we'll ever get a true Frankenstein movie where he and his monster have a bunch of philosophical conversations.

bullshit. if Victor wasn't such an asshole the monster wouldn't have killed anyone. in a story where Victor raises his creation it doesn't kill anyone.

the monster doesn't kill anyone (except in self defense) until Victor rejects it for a 3rd time. look at the top 20 mass shooters right now. all of them never had a father. if they did at least 500 people would be alive today.

Whatever you're trying to say Jerry it's fucking wrong