Subbage on dubbage

>Subs are always better than dubs
No they aren't. This show is absolute proof. That being said can anyone else think of any dubs that surpass the subbed version? I'd like to branch out if I can.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qIgmvyHhc6w
youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs
youtu.be/buaEsSTFF9w?t=5m58s
youtu.be/ulKN8CAVw5k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your shouting into a vast field of autistic weeaboos.

>not learning Japanese so you can actually watch the cartoon and not have to deal with good awful American voice "acting"

Pokemon
Digimon
Cowboy Bebop
Yugioh
Cardcaptors
Ghost Storiesp
Dragonball Z
Shin-chann
Yokai Watch
Panty and Stockingg
Steinsgatee

All dub > sub

>The dub is better for Panty and Stocking
Why does this lie keep getting repeated?

I just started rewatching Shin-Chan, and holy shit, its really well made. Laura is a great Shin

ghost stories is the best of those that Ive seen yet.

Well, it's an absolutely fucking crazy amount of work to put into something, so you can watch chinesee cartoons in their original language.
t.someone, who just started to do just that

>Cardcaptors

where's black lagoon my dude?

Black Lagoon, if only for the inflationary use of the word "fuck"

youtube.com/watch?v=qIgmvyHhc6w

To be fair, the original is just some generic magical girl stuff. The dub was legendary

>being this weeb

What the fuck? No it wasn't. The dub is just a watered down version of the magical girl show. It cuts out all the weird relationship stuff.

Cardcaptors might be somewhat typical for a magical girl show, but it's execution is as good as it gets.

Never seen this series, but its pretty obvious this dub isnt faithful. You may as well say any Abridged series is better than the original if you want out of place American humor in your Japanese shows

>remaining faithful even if the show itself is boring bland shit is a good thing
The reason it shits all over the subbed version is precisely because it wasnt 100% faithful.

So it's basically an entirely different show.

Where is Angel Cop?

You better visit a doctor, user.
So much bad taste can't be healthy.

I'd rather be a weeb than a pleb, m8

dude, dubbed ghost stories is the best thing to happen to anime dubbing ever.
they took a lame series and turned it into something hilarious. there's no way this could happen for official dubs nowadays, but that just makes it even more special.

different, and better.

Why hasn't Yu Yu Hakusho been brought up?

we don't discuss homosexual crap here, user.

>Subs aren't always better than dubs!
>posts an example where the dub completely changed the script

You people make no sense to me. By any other account, people would call a dub shit because of script changes or anything else but now all of a sudden these things people view as bad is excused when they pull that same shit with bad shows?

Same thing for the people who like the adult swim Shin-chan dub and says "aww golly subs aren't always better than dubs Shin-chan proves it!" Even though they changed the script to become more adult and vulgar.

Gee, maybe its an indicator that 9/10 subs dont get the hint that direct translations are for the most part shit.

I'd consider dubbing to be a combination of the voice acting and script. You can't just call a dub good if they had to fuck with the script and completely change the story in huge ways even if the script you fucked with was bad.

Ghost stories was a good official abridged series with subjectively good voice acting, but it was by no means a good dub.

>Watching original yugioh without ORE NO PRIDO

>completely changing the entire script and story and tone is definitely the same as tweaking a few areas of the script to better fit for an english speaking audience
???????????

OUTTA MY WAY SON
ACTUAL SUPERIOR DUB COMING THROUGH, COMPLETE WITH ROCKIN' SOUNDTRACK
The Jap OST is quite good too, though.

For the case of Ghost Stories, the source material was terrible, so instead of just making a dub of something terrible, they fucked around and made something better.

Shin-chan literally has no excuse, either. It's just a kid's show in Japan. The only reason why they changed the script to be more adult oriented was because it aired on adult swim.

People can't use the same shitty excuse like they do for Ghost Stories where they say "they changed it for the better because the source was so bad!"

I can't disagree with you there, but to say Ghost Stories was a good dub and using that as the paragon of english dubbing like some of the autists here claim is utter rubbish. Not shitting on the voice work, or the script they went with, though.

>
Forgetting to press the enter key

Ghost Stories is fucking bait, I cant believe people can enjoy it. Even if there are some funny jokes spread throughout, it's still a god-awful anime that i had to endure 19 episodes of. Not fucking worth it in the slightest.

Save yourself the time and just watch this vide - don't watch the whole anime like my dumbass did. youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs

>Digimon

>Shitty dated unprofessional humor that ruins the original work=good

Eat shit, shiteater.

That's because in this case the subs are bad.

On the same quality, subs beat dubs every time.

>ruins the original work
okay

It does. A mediocre anime is better than a mediocre anime with god awful "jokes" injected in it.

>it was even mediocre at best
Okay v1.1

JesuOtaku pretty much wrote an essay on why Digimon's dub is better than the sub

>Sup Forums - dubs & e-celebs

Go ahead user enjoy the original work. We'll be over here laughing and having fun. And spreading the dub to our friends.

idiom translation is shit and for faggots, sub or dub
I am a big boy and can learn basic concepts of other cultures

I watch older series dubbed purely to find hilariously cheesy and bad dubbing
youtu.be/buaEsSTFF9w?t=5m58s

This is a great meme, mind if I borrow it friend :D

Did someone say dubs?

Forgot to mention best moment starts at 5:48

>Ghost Stories dub
>Funny
>Worthy of being spread around

People like you are the reason why mankind deserves extinction.

>source material was terrible so its ok

Taste is subjective. Someone cou!d say the same about your favorite anime being shit so it needs a meme dub to be watchable

>Admitting to not have any friends.

>Yugioh
>Finger guns
Yeah okay

Having good taste>human interaction.

>People like you are the reason why mankind deserves extinction.
is that way you edgy autist.

Ghost Stories was objectively terrible, though. It bombed in Japan, and the dubbers were told to do whatever they could to make it sell.

You lead a sad life user.

The Devilman OVA dubs exist on a higher plane of incompetence... meaning they capture the tone of the manga better than anything else ever will.

[citation needed]

Yeah, Angel Cop, Mad Dog 34, Cyber City Oedo 808.
All are far superior dubbed than subbed.

I did not expect that anime to actually be good at all, just schlocky fun.
But hot damn, it was legitimately enjoyable and I've always loved Kawajiri's art style.
It's a real pity we never got more than those three episodes.

Yeah but she's a dude now.

>voices play over OST

Ghost Stories is trash subbed or dubbed, so it's irrelevant.

>explicit dub recommendation thread
>up for over two hours
What the fuck are the mods doing?

>Pokémon
>Digimon
>Yu-Gi-Oh
>Cardcaptors
>Ghost Stories
>Panty and Stocking
>Steins;Gate
Complete garbage.

>Cowboy Bebop
>Dragon Ball Z
>Shin-chan
Mediocre if you're being generous.

As for Yokai Watch, who the fuck watches Yokai Watch?

When does everyone love Ghost Stories dub but hate pic related?

Because Gakkou no Kaidan is a shit source material.

Your next line is "So is Maid Dragon."

Everyone knows this story dude.

youtu.be/ulKN8CAVw5k

>e-celeb threads, dub recommendation threads, blog threads, thinly veiled Sup Forums threads, korean and chinese comic and cartoon threads
They're just shaping the board to be what they want it to be.

DBZ
G Gundam
Ghost Stories

That's it.

So is Maid Dragon.NANI!

Not watching your video. Post the sales from a credible source.

You forgot Code Geass

Where's YYH? It's 100% better as dub. More jokes, better characters, better characterization.

>Yugioh
>Cardcaptors
>Dragonball Z
So is liking shitty edited down dubs a meme now or is this new generation seriously fucking lacking any sort of taste?

Where's Cromartie?

This.

This is Sup Forums. We all do.

>Cardcaptor

Honestly the dub really isn't really impressive aside from the jokes. The bits between all the funny parts are quite boring. You might as well just watch that highlight video.

You are doing it wrong.
>giant robo
>El Hazard
>chromartie
And that's it.

Because it's a gag dub with shitty English karaoke OPs and EDs

I really loved the Baccano dub.

>Cardcaptors
The dub is fucking awful. Even if you think the scenes cut for the dub make the show better, which I don't remember enough from it to argue otherwise, though CCS is really really good in its original form, the dub voices and "acting" are fucking awful. Especially Sakura's voice actress. Even if Sakura's voice was the only bad one that would still make is much, much worse.

Did people really dislike the original Ghost Stories?

Bebop
Dragon ball Z(not kai, not super)
FMA
Hellsing
GiTS
Eureka 7
Baccano
AGE, that space show.
Black Lagoon

Not really, it was just instantly forgotten because it's so average

Dude, the Yugioh dub was amazing. It was what put the shitty anime and card game on the map.

>What the fuck? No it wasn't. The dub is just a watered down version of the magical girl show. It cuts out all the weird relationship stuff.

And eight entire episodes.

Someone should do a Ghost Stories marathon for Halloween
I would but I only have use cytube

I honestly miss when dubbers and writers and fansubbers were allowed to make changes to objectively bad animu(and portions of animu) to make it more fun.

Only thing that's changed is that "he" preferes to play dressup and getting fucked in the ass instead of the cunt now.

>Cardcaptors, the Leafland dub where 3 minutes on average was edited out per episode (even when excluding the time from the OP, ED, Kero-chan check, and episode previews) that aired episodes in a random order and implicated that anyone other than Sakura was capable of capturing Clow Cards
>good

Digimon dub ruined Digimon
It made everyone a jokey snide asshole and tried to have some weird love triangle between Taichi, Yamato and Sora that wasn't in the jap version

>Only 1 person has mentioned Cromartie

The Ghost Stories dub was more enjoyable because they turned a subpar horror anime into a comedy. If you're not trying to completely rewrite the script, a good sub will always be superior to a good dub.

Bosh had no goddamned business being lelouche.
He was Sazaku as fuck.
Lelouche should have been played by crispen freeman you fucking know it.

I fucking loved the Giant Robo Ova
Zoids is a good one too.