What happened to 2010s

2010s animu is shit desu, no good seinen, every anime is overused trope after trope after trope, wish i could find another samurai champloo or golden boy. Manga is in a better state, i really enjoy this korean webcomic called lookism, it really adresses important relatable issues wrong with our society while having an interesting plot. 3 level something (???) Is a nice webcomic from korea too nice art and somewhat relatable, although the ending is a bit disappointing. DICE: the cube that changes everything is another korean webcomic, really recommend this one, without spoiling too much i can tell you MC isnt a nu-male wimp or a sleaze, the plot is really interesting with interesting characters, the latest chapters feel a little rushed but the series is really unique.

>t. enlightened newfag who only watches mature anime

>its an only manime watching nigger who tells us about how shit modern anime are
Feels like Ive seen this before

>wish i could find another samurai champloo or golden boy
Oh boy.

I had the phase when everything was cool and new, I watched some romance and high school anime. Good slice of life is usagi drop and nichiboys, mob 100 is really nice and fresh too, 1pm wasnt really my taste but it wasnt bad either.
Planetes is a cool slice of life/sci fi, and BLAME! is a classic.

Tell me kokoro connect or boruto is watchable man, i swear you have to wade through so much shit just tl find something good, AJIN is a great find, I read the mamga first though and the anime is ok.

>normalfag complaining about anime being anime
>hur dur stupid manimefags
Not everyone who dislikes seasonal shit is a manime nigger.

Yes and?
You're still a faggot.

Sorry about insulting superior idolmaster and k-on, fucking bitch boy. Admit anime has dropped in quality over time.

When I think of the 10s I dont think of Boruto, thats for sure.

>to wade through so much shit just tl find something good
Sounds like something that is inherent to media as a whole. The amount of trash from 80s and 90s Ive watched is absolutely ridiculous, and I still havent seen the worst stuff because that never gets subbed or uplaoded. So the bad shit Ive watched is probably average for that time, with the real stuff having vanished in some otakus basement who was the only one to buy the VHS.

>Not everyone who dislikes seasonal shit
Every tv anime is seasonal shit you fucking retard.

K-On! is a generation-defining masterpiece.

Atleast then the stuff was a bit different and original, now almost every anime follows a pattern ffs. Other media like western animation has diversity in plot and setting. The only time japs do it right is with help from the west eg. Afro samurai and blade runner 2022. I havent seen another GiTS in recent time ..

>Atleast then the stuff was a bit different and original, now almost every anime follows a pattern ffs.
You have no fucking clue what youre talking about.

Stop talking about shows you've never seen.
There's plenty of great stuff coming out believe it or not.

>doesn't know what seasonal shit is
>calls others retard
How ironic.

Fuck off back to Sup Forums already.
We don't need more faggots who complain about stuff they don't know shit about.

I dont really care what your personal definition of the term is, and its not like it matters, either. Every single tv anime is seasonal, and every single anime will be considered shit by some people, and all of it copies earlier works in one way or another since its impossible to come up with an original work in this day and age. Its not about premise anymore, its about execution, and has been since the 90s. Therefore its all seaonal shit.

Wow, gatekeeping fucking anime, imagine not being able to criticize it as a medium.

samurai champloo is a shounen

here are some 10's seinen
>parasyte
>ping pong the animation
>made in abyss
>one punch man

>gatekeeping
Is this what reddit calls elitism?

Ive tried all of those except pingpong, which is a fuckin boring sport. Parasyte is cool i liked it i never got to finish it, as i said 1pm is ok but not my taste. Made in abyss is mediocre at best.
There is nothing elite about fucking lucky star and kisxsis

>... except pingpong, which is a fuckin boring sport

>There is nothing elite about fucking lucky star
It takes a high powerlevel to actually understand the references in Lucky Star.

Its tennis for middle schoolers and E asians

>animu
>relatable issues wrong with our society
>koreanshit
fuck off

Thats why only japanese schoolgirls and autists watch that gay shit

Is this what people who like Lucky Star and Nichijou tell themselves? That they are patrician for liking awfully written slapstick for 16 year olds? Would explain a lot. Does this sentiment also apply to all the other KyoAni shows?

Korean webcomics are down to earth and relatable, because they arent drawn by gay hikkis. Dont misunderstand there is GREAT manga, but there is AMAZING webcomics too. Even the drawings are better in some webcomics

>It takes a high powerlevel to actually understand the references in Lucky Star.
so what you're telling me is that liking Lucky Star is a clear sign that you've been watching too much anime

Too much shitty meta anime*

Pretty much. It's a good litmus test. Not sure why that's being brought up as an example of anime in the 10s when it's a decade old though.

please refer to this graph

Its what anime has turned into, the haruhi susumyua genre spilled over and hasnt gone away.
This is why no one likes you

>liking Lucky Star is a clear sign that you've been watching too much anime
Not really. People feed this delusion any further than you already have. There is nothing redeemable about liking most of KyoAnis shows.

>Sup Forums is not a circlejerk, they said
>"hurr durr why doesn't everyone here like my shitty copypasted SoL?"

thereof "too much"

i liked lucky star because they made me horny

Op isnt SoL dumbass, only lookism

They flat short sticks nigga

Which is a retarded term because it implies that the person watched a lot of shows, which is good, meaning that you basically imply that someone who likes this shit must be knowledgeable of the medium as a whole. This sort of sentiment should not be encouraged, especially since its false.

Now thats a proper reason. I cant really see how, but I wont judge you for it.

Quality over quantity man

... or, more likely, that the person in question has so few other precious things to occupy their time with that they're scraping the barrel

How would you ever know what is or isnt good unless you consume a lot of shows? Oh right, you cant. Do you seriously think that a good show or movie is destined to have a high MAL rating or something?

I'm obviously not talking about OP.

good job on skipping the literal best anime of the decade, jesus christ

>the haruhi susumyua genre
I think you should stop talking about things you clearly don't understand.

I can almost guarantee just by the way you type that you were probably shitting in diapers when Champloo was airing.
Let me guess, you also think Queen and Iron Maiden are the greatest bands ever and that all modern music is trash.

KyoAni shows arent some hidden gems, they are usually some of the most popular shit that comes out in their respective seasons. Scraping the bottom of a barrel is watching something like 18if, but certainly not KyoAni shows that are at least worth watching for the animation, even though everything else being atrociously bad (in most cases). So if anything, watching KyoAni shows is probably the first thing people do when getting into the medium. It sure as hell is more likely than watching lesser known movies and OVAs from the 80s.

No man wtf i never said ALL anime is bad, i said i couldnt find any similar shows dumbo

The 90s were FULL of Sailor Moon wannabes that were cashing in on its success. "Different and original" my ass. Most of those shows are really obscure now. So, yeah, basically, you don't know what you're talking about.

Magic girl animes still exist, for little girls. Obvously magic girl wasnt 90% of spring anime at the time.

>full of them

Name 4 of them, faggot.

The only one that really exists for little girls now is Precure. Everything else is for adult male otaku.

> Manga is in a better state, i really enjoy this korean webcomic
Fuck off, you are in no position to be complaining about quality of anything.

My niece watches like 5 different ones on netflix. Stfu. Also u gay man

What do you have against superior webcomics. Korean media>>jap media

Name them.

You don't actually believe that, right?

Webcomics have superior quality, japs cant even color

>watching one of the most popular shows of the 00s probably means you're scraping the bottom of the barrel
What the fuck?

isn't there a saying that goes "shit rolls down hill"?

>japs cant even color
You had me going for a bit but that's a good punchline.

Gookshit isn't manga and doesn't belong on this board.

>hurr I cant enjoy something unless it has color
People like you are the reason pic related exist

I hate korean webcomics. They give 2 minutes of effort into creating good backgrounds. 90% of the panels are just a gradient of two colors. I hate manga like that, does absolutely nothing to draw me into it. You can tell they "can't be bothered" to create a proper world and just want to make pretty faces to their dialogue without putting in the necessary work to create a convincing, immersive, enjoyable setting.

>overused trope after trope after trope
I bet you've only seen like 20 anime total.