Strike Witches

You know, I never actually watched Brave Witches all the way through. What was the verdict?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/hiroyuki_ni
lmgtfy.com/?q=Japanese animation oscars
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

meh

OVA is worth a watch though

I liked them both but Strike was the better of the two. From what I heard at a panel from takeshi nogami and some other director there seems to be some issues with Kadokawa in continuing the series though.

is this thread safe?

Just finish it. The climax was mediocre but if you like the franchise it's still worth a watch.

I really liked it, though just seeing Eila makes it a 10/10 by default.

nobody even remembers Strike witches anymore...

This better just be stealthy kemofure post. No one touches my witches.

>there seems to be some issues with Kadokawa in continuing the series though.
The one corporate evil to rule them all.

The mods where bribed by Kadokawa, weren't they?

Just watch the show instead of wasting hours asking about it given if you got some episodes finished already then it'd take three hours for you to finish the show and see for yourself. Or you could've just check the archives from last year around the time it finished.
Well, picture related nonetheless.

Huh, well ss long they don't drop novels and manga serializations, it's all good.

You couldn't be possibly more wrong.

Wait, what? You gotta be kidding me, they already killed the Friends, now they're gonna kill the Witches? Somebody nuke Kadokawa now.

Yes

Since I realized Strike Witches and KF are handled by the same company I feel worried for the franchise.
Figure sells apparently haven't been doing well lately, it can't be a good sign.

They ruined it by adding the Karibuchi sisters, it would had been better with the original members.

brave witches was great,just not as good as strike witches,i don`t know why though,i think the problem may be the mc

What about the new "tv project" for the 10th anniversary of the franchise? It will be done, right?

Seeing how they've been unable to write anything compelling about the Brave Witches in the anime, it's possible it would have been ever worse without the Karibuchi sisters.

Of course. Nothing bad will happen. These are good times.

>now they're gonna kill the Witches?
They haven't killed literally anything yet, seeing there hasn't been anime announcements regarding the franchise in the first place and the OVA released over month ago and the manga things continue normally as they have so far. Did you just disregard the fact they actually started a new manga few months ago even?
You can talk about death in few years time if everything has been finished with nothing in sight or anything left ongoing.

Source on figure sales please.

>tv project
As far I remember, it was anniversary announcement for next year, it had no TV mentioned anywhere, meaning it can be literally anything. I could be wrong though. I'm sure it will be done though whatever it is since they announced it and it's going to be 10th anniversary after all.

Why do you say that? What's special about it?

It's Eila and Sanya focused, which makes it special since they didn't have OVA all this time till now.

I'm not expecting a movie, but definitely something more than a new manga or a LN.

No source, just some observations. Like the latest figma shelf-warming hard and the rest of the line being very likely cancelled. Aquamarine started a bunny outfit Witches line but only got around to do 3.
Alter tends to make all of their figures more expensive lately, but even considering that HIkari is strangely expensive. And there's the 25k yen Trude. It's like they are trying to milk the fans one last time.

>25k yen Trude
Damn.

Don't respond.

Not surprised.
Brave Witches was a huge flop. 502nd characters were so unpopular that Sanya hijacked the whole series with the OVA.

I didn't notice it was the namefag. Thanks for pointing it out.

They mentioned that there has been some issues on getting continuations done but that there's still talk of people wanting more within Kadokawa, but given poor sales and stuff it might be at a smaller scale than previously. It was mentioned in a very hush hush, man I can't believe how shit kadokawa is, kind of tone. Allegedly they also offered to go on a rant in regards to Kemono Friends and Kadokawa at a later panel.

Operation Victory Arrow episode 2 deserves an Oscar.

>502nd characters were so unpopular
They were the most popular JFW behind the 501th when the anime was announced IIRC.

I'm expecting nothing till they tell what it is, pessimism is the best way to go around things, only to be surprised positively if something good actually happens.

Well, fig sales aren't all there's to things fortunately. But you might be right, I remember the Erica figma being cancelled a while ago too so I guess people aren't buying them anymore. However the Trude fig being so expensive makes somewhat sense given the details on it, Hikari not so much.
Again, making manga is fairly reasonable and cheap and gives direct results to Kadokawa to keep serializing stuff and then there's the other merchandise.

When was this panel, this week and where can one find more info about this? I've been following KF news, but haven't heard of other series being pointed out. The sales were good though, the hell are they smoking, especially with the poor budget they went with production wise.

Kadokawa is the reason we get tons of shitty LNs adaptations. And when a good one gets adapted it's always S2 never. Fucking Index had to wait 5(?) years for a S3.
I picture the Kadokawa execs in a meeting looking a pretty graphs and dropping a project everytime a curve even starts to go the wrong way.

From what I've been reading in the last Kemono Friends threads, Kadokawa fails at animations but it's still fairly good when it comes to manga so we'll have to wait what else is coming. Considering the SW universe, there are ALOT of material to sell a manga.

I guess the anime did a "good" job in promoting the manga/LN of 502nd. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the MC an OC donut steel? She wasn't in the original LN/manga isnt it?

Hikari is director's creation most likely yes, and even if she wasn't, she was anime original MC that didn't exist before last year in any form or shape in the 502nd.

Hikari? No, she and her sister were created for the anime but from now on they're canon.

That's wrong, Takami existed before the anime by Fumi, she just didn't have visual look drawn in for a long time but she was canon and part of 508th way before anime happened.

You're right, I forgot about her because she didn't have a design yet.

If you're worried, please pester Hiroyuki about this shit
twitter.com/hiroyuki_ni

They're certainly new. There was already an MC fuso character

We had Sadako as a MC, yes. Everyone of us were waiting to see the relationship between her and Jose, but no, Hikari happened.

Fluffy Squirl did nothing wrong.

I liked the short story too while we had it before the anime and other material, but since it only occurred over what was seemingly a day really anything could have happened afterwards. Naoe's an MC as well.

Strike Witches franchise kind of killed itself with the really shitty and Yoshika-obsessed movie followed by a long period of nothing.

I liked the Movie.

Holy shit.
Are you guys serious? Sadako was the MC?
Watching the anime, you would that that it was the hikari, naoe and nikka show. The original fans must be incensed.

>It's Eila and Sanya focused

Well about fucking time. The single most popular pair in the whole franchise and they just got left out of everything for years. No idea what the fuck they were thinking.

The only bit of media the 502nd really had until the anime was just a twitter story.

I know I certainly was. I wanted a anime about the 502nd, not Hikari with Naoe and Nippa tagging along every now and then. They failed to capture what the fans liked about the 502nd and then they realized that they threw in Eila and Sanya cameos in a lazy attempt at making up for it.

You have no idea.,502nd was hyped for years.

It was really more of a general idea. Like, this awesome high action squadron with three characters who constantly fuck up their units.

>followed by a long period of nothing.
Uh, they followed up with an announcement for the BW anime and the OVA's one year after the movie, which isn't that much of a long time. There was only three years between the OVA's and the movie, just one more year compared to the other release cycles.

An actual newfag, huh. But yeah, for years since 2011 Sadako was thought to be the MC type of the squad when it came to nip fans and art, granted as user above said there really only was twitter story around and nothing else. But the idea of squadron being what it was festered for half a decade like that, before anime changed it all.

Yeah, 502 was supposed to be the squadron that's in the thick of it, right in middle of the biggest front in the neuroi war, unlike the relatively secluded and safe 501. It was supposed to amp up the action hard, but instead they had no money or something so they toned it way the fuck down.

They could have made a ten times better season of this same squad easy.

Oh yeah, I completely agree.

If only we had Operation Victory Arrow production value.

>Uh, they followed up with an announcement for the BW anime and the OVA's one year after the movie

An announcement is literal nothing.

>There was only three years between the OVA's and the movie

One, three years is a fucking long time to wait for anything, two, the OVAs were shit so we spent three years waiting for trash.

Pretty good. Most realistic portrayal of military structure in world war 2.

Sadako was supossed to be the MC untill Hikari arrived.

>three years is a fucking long time to wait for anything
No, it's really not. Two years between seasons is very reasonable in the industry and three isn't that much off. Movie industry sequels have same cycles on average too and no one bats an eye.
I do agree more or less with you about announcements though.
>the OVAs were shit
Speak for yourself, most people love em and many consider them to be the best there has been animated wise.

Continuing on this, the season 2 of the anime had its ending in 2010. I thought it ended on a down note with the last minute Yoshika worship but it was mostly okay. After that, two years of waiting for the movie. Movie was shit. After that, two more years of waiting for the OVA. OVA was shit. Then two more years after that, and we get Brave. Brave is shit.

That's six years of waiting for something good to happen. To excuse any of this, Brave Witches should have been stellar, but instead it was crap. The last time Strike Witches was good was seven fucking years ago. That's plenty of time for the love to die.

I used to be a huge fucking fanboy for this series, but I feel nothing for it now. If it suddenly turned good in the next thing, whatever it is, I don't think I could go back to it because so much of it has been just ass.

This is what happened when the franchise lacked direction and vision. Humikane can only do so much with his character designs.

I'm still waiting for a translations of the 506th's LN, I've read good reviews about it.

What's Humikane doing right now? Does he have another project ongoing?

The issues is that the spotlight was on the Karibuchi sisters. The 502nd was originally just the eight witches and they had plenty of great material. Animate any of those and it would've been far better than the shitshow that was Brave Witches.

The Karibuchi sisters were only just ever a detriment to the 502nd. And hell, the Elder Karibuchi was actually from the 508th. If they wanted a story about the Elder Karibuchi and an OC donut steel, why not just make the show about the 508th? The 508th is actually the least developed of the JFWs and an anime would actually be a great starting block to properly introduce the JFW. At the very least, it would've been far better than forcing two characters into a team that already had a very well established dynamic and source material.

These 3. I am not sure if he is involved in the new gundam build fighter.
FAGs
GuP
Boatsluts

I feel you. What little I know of them makes them out to be pretty cool. I wouldn't mind an anime either so long as the ball doesn't get dropped again.

>That's plenty of time for the love to die.
And yet here you are in the threads still with us the last dozen of lunatics. But, you're in the biggest minority saying Movie and OVA's being shit if not alone.
As much BW was terrible in my opinion, even that has some people defending it and saying they liked it.

Fumi isn't just a character designer for witches, he also writes the lore and the characters for this franchise since he came up with it, but he simply supervises anime productions. For other franchises he's just a character designer.

>508th
That would be extremely interesting to see, their base is an aircraft carrier so it would be about the Battle of the Atlantic, ergo, Neuroi U-Boots. So much potential here...

Do they even have oscars for anime, or animation?

They have awards for manga, I don't know about anime.

lmgtfy.com/?q=Japanese animation oscars
You must be special kind of retarded to even ask that. Off topic as it is, Oscars themselves give out Oscars for best animated feature.