Jesus dies

>Jesus dies
>comes back to like 3 days later

O MY HOLY SPIRT

you faggots said this book was good but its just asspull after asspull.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fz8Gz25TQDc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jesus
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_myth_theory
skepticproject.com/articles/zeitgeist/
youtube.com/watch?v=kjHKNj7-snM&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OH MY HOLY SPURT

>haha liberals don't know facts and rely on emotions
>ANGELS ARE TOTALLY REAL AND YOU WILL GO TO HELL IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE!!!!

At least it wasn't milked to death and ended where it should. Also, Jesus' powers were foreshadowed.

Still better than the sequel. MC was a total fucking lunatic in that one.

Even the Quran is a better fanfiction, it has shittier fans though.

I still liked the shorts stories from the first one better. Yeah, it doesn't have a singular protag, but it's a lot more imaginative. The part where the guy tears down the whole fucking building was baller as fuck and the whole giant fish arc was awesome.

In a world of lambs and sheep, be your own sheppard

Without a doubt the most overrated series in existence. Also "God" is definitely a self insert

hack tier writing, extreme pacing problems (desert arc), inconsistent storytelling with huge plot-holes (O MY ROCK ASSPULL), waifu-bait characters

And most of all, absolutely cancerous fanbase.
Just look at their shitty cosplay events around the world.

Te difference is that the OT was written by entire cultures over centuries, the NT was written by entire communities over decades, and the Quran is literally a fanfic written by one dude, like the Book of Mormon.

I read the CES letter...
the book of mormon has to be the biggest piece of ripoff shit I have ever seen in my life.

Oh lawd. I completely forgot about Mormon. That shit was fucking looney.

Does atheism give, in your honest opinion, a fulfilling life?

It even reads like a fanfic, dude had no knowledge of Hebrew so he just made up names for places and people that sounded like ye olde timey Old Testament. It and the Quran are both very poorly written as well.

He actually changed names of places where he lived, stole names from old books...the entire first chapter of the book of mormon is a 100% copy word for word of a paragraph from a book called

The ex-mormon that wrote the CES letter literally details all the fuckery about the book of mormon and it is hilarious

atheism itself doesn't give you anything but freedom, but it allows for the construction of a fulfilling life

i think it's a very serene feeling to know that the nature of existence is such that you're not forced to live with every negro mongrel who ever believed in jesus for ever and ever, and that if you want to leave you can leave, or if you want to live long you can live long, and that your works on the earth aren't taken away but are a permanent contribution to the overarching story.

Like if i was allowed to choose what is true, i would choose no god and no eternity. Disappearance isn't a scary thought at all, but eternity under any circumstance is fucking terrifying, you're never allowed an out.

Jesus wasn't even a real person.

>pic related

>and the Quran is literally a fanfic written by one dude, like the Book of Mormon.
Unlikely to be true. A good portion of it isn't even in Arabic.

for those interested in laughing their asses off, you can get the entire book...a systematic destruction of the shit show that is the book of mormon

cesletter.org

you can download the 130+ page book for free

it's because your reading the sub, user, subs are always less reliable then the original text.

Does believing in talking snakes do the same?

Damn I had no idea. What a joke of a religion.

>Grant H. Palmer has theorized that Smith created the name "Cumorah" through his study of the treasure-hunting stories of Captain William Kidd, because Kidd was said to have buried treasure in the Comoros islands (known by the Arabic name, Camora, prior to being occupied by the French in 1841). Previous to announcing his discovery of the Book of Mormon, Smith had spent several years employed as a treasure seeker. Since the 1830 edition of the Book of Mormon printed the name "Cumorah" as "Camorah," it has been suggested that Smith used the name of the islands and applied it to the hill where he found buried treasure—the golden plates. Complementing this proposal is the theory that Smith borrowed the name of a settlement in the Comoros—Moroni—and applied it to the angel which led him to the golden plates

I don't understand the kind of autist that could read the Talmud. It's Ayn Rand levels of boringly long and pointless.

I'd recommend to you "The Historical Jesus: Life of a Mediterranean Jewish Peasant" by John Crossan, or maybe something by Borg or Ehrman. The scholarly opinion, by far, is there was a historical Jesus.

Or ignoring the fact that maria cucked joseph and told everyone she got magicaly pregnant. Stupid roastie lmao. :^)

>sweden

>story about the son of god
>complaining about deus ex machina

The Jesus myth is an amalgam of god-figures from other religions. They literally gave their made-up savior characteristics from pre-existing gods from other traditions. Literally the biggest Mary-Sue in literature.

it is the most fucking hilarious shit...
The CES letter book really details how fucking shitty the man was.

The guy goes on and on about the rip offs, the historical non-sense, the utter made up shit, the errors that his people kept updating after his death to hide just how much of a shit show the book of mormon was.

130 page laugh riot.

The eternal punishment is destruction not endless torture. Read the damn bible next time instead of wiping your ass with it

>believing zeitgeist-tier bullshit
user...

Believing fanfic tier mythology.

youtube.com/watch?v=fz8Gz25TQDc

Reads about a God.
Not impressed when he does God stuff.
You really don't get it user.

>jews want to stone a whore
>jesus jumps in and whiteknights her

fucking beta cuck

>atheism itself doesn't give you anything but freedom, but it allows for the construction of a fulfilling life
That's an answer, but not an honest one. Freedom sounds great, but in practice are you not racked with utter despair and depression like all atheists encounter either frequently or daily? Pretending this doesn't happen isn't honest, and I know you're only denying this reality of soul crushing depression because you wish to "evangelize" your emptiness as somehow fulfilling.
>Disappearance isn't a scary thought at all
Anyone can see through your lie here, I just want to know honestly---who do you think you're fooling?
I see from your sarcastic response to a serious question that this hit home with you. Why do you settle for emptiness when an overflowing cup is an option?

Come on man! Wheres the spoiler alert! I haven't read it.

Never claimed to believe the myths, and neither do any of the scholars I recommended. You cling to a fringe theory rejected by the majority of scholars, believers and non believers alike. Zeitgeist has been thoroughly debunked.

Oh, an atheist wrote a book. I must accept what he says. Jesus was and IS real. You'll see.

Jesus told me he loves me. Sucks to be you I guess. No love letters in the clouds and stuff. Try speaking to him.

freedom being a human trash.

nice one
>construction of a fulfilling life
maybe if youre retarded enough to follow morals without reason

Knowing one day you will die and then nothing will happen can be scary at first because it is a primal fear, which comes from our biological imperative of self preservation. Religion is an easy cop out by saying that you'll live forever if you're good, and can give people meaning, but it isn't necessary in itself.
Small goals and achievements can also give meaning to an existence, even if they're trivial as "Be happy and have a happy family for the sake of it". Transcendence isn't required for having meaning.
That's just apophenia, and a painfully contrived one.

>That's an answer, but not an honest one.
It is honest, that's why i wrote it. What is there to lose on an anonymous forum?

>but in practice are you not racked with utter despair and depression
no, why would I be? The default state is not despair or depression, these things happen as a consequence of something bad

>you wish to "evangelize" your emptiness as somehow fulfilling.
Well first off I'm not evangelizing, I'm answering the question you posted, which you didn't HAVE to ask.
Secondly, I don't think atheism is fulfilling, it's the purpose you decide to pursue that is either fulfilling or unfulfilling. Atheism is just the greenlight to embark on it

>Anyone can see through your lie here, I just want to know honestly---who do you think you're fooling?
What fooling?
Answer this seriously: would you rather return to the state you were in before you were born, or live consciously around every single retard who ever believed in jesus, with no escape, for ever and ever and ever?

I'm very grateful that this is the reality we got, it could have been a lot worse.

Biblical tales are just that: myths. Just like Apollo riding his chariot across the sky to herald the dawn, it's all just fiction. And I don't watch talmudvision so II'm not sure what "zeitgeist" is exactly.

>freedom being a human trash.

Why be human trash when you can be human great? Which one is the better choice for both yourself and the overarching legacy?

>maybe if youre retarded enough to follow morals without reason
why without reason? You follow a set of morals because it's better to do so than to not do so. 0% of people in finland believe that god gave moses stone tablets directly from heaven, and yet there is far less murder and robbery than in christian sub-saharan africa who probably DO believe in moses. This is because your choice overrides negative impulses, no superstition required.

Arabs use the same exact defence for their book. You are in some great company.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jesus

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_myth_theory

skepticproject.com/articles/zeitgeist/

Educate yourself on these topics.

>Knowing one day you will die and then nothing will happen can be scary at first because it is a primal fear, which comes from our biological imperative of self preservation. Religion is an easy cop out by saying that you'll live forever if you're good, and can give people meaning, but it isn't necessary in itself.
But by admitting that Atheism is literally soul crushing you agree with me... You just say its "hard at first"... What you don't say is the only way to deal with it is by materialism and hedonism and escapism into some video game.... And after all these thing wear your soul down to a nub you snap out of it, utterly broken, and then kys like nearly every atheist eventually does.

Atheism demands Nihilism, you have no way to survive the nihilism. Do you figure all this out before you are ruined? I hope so.

The average beta fag: masturbates every day to videos of their absolutely degenerate fetishes caused and produced by Jewish masterminds
Me, awoken, and knows the truth: wanks off twice a week to nothing to keep hormones in control

>What you don't say is the only way to deal with it is by materialism and hedonism and escapism into some video game
Imagine believing this. No wonder you're still clinging to sugarcoated fairytales, you think the only thing beyond those myths is hedonism and video games. Ignoring that Buddhism is essentially an atheistic religion and also inherently opposed to hedonism.

>It is honest.(that atheism is great!)
It's a projection of what you wish were true.
>Well first off I'm not evangelizing.
Blasphemy is evangelizing for atheism.
>Secondly, I don't think atheism is fulfilling
That is literally the question I originally asked that you denied! so if you think is is unfulfilling, do this one simple thing, admit you are unsatisfied with Atheism, at least to yourself. Seek Truth and you'll find it.

I skimmed thru. These sources all seem to operate under the assumption that the bible is a reliable historical document, hint: it's not.

Jesus forever killed death in comic books

>talking snake
people DIED for this shit

Reality is literally soul crushing*
You sound like a clueless 30 year-old dude that wasted his youth away then needed religion to bail him out and now project on anyone lacking religious faith they must be as miserable as you were
Most people who are atheist and remain so throughout their lives get their position based on scientific data that makes most stories in the bible either really shitty paraboles or plain wrong bullshit, basically leaving it as an ancestral cultural mythology compilation that can be good for societal cohesion on some levels.. not something you should autistically base your life on and defend tooth and nail whenever someone casts doubts about its relevancy
Atheism doesn't demand anything, really, it's a blank slate and once you understand that you can then go on and dedicate your life to either art, science, education, helping others or being a shitty person... it's really up to you

All changes in perspective are soul crushing if you already have a mindset. An atheist getting convinced of God's existence would be crushed if he committed sin, and worse if he got into Calvinism and he knows he's going to hell no matter what.
Atheism =/= Nihilism.
Lack of predestined meaning doesn't necessarily mean you cannot find meaning in life at all, as I was saying. Just because you don't have a top-down enforced destiny and meaning to your life does not prevent you from making one for yourself.
Nihilism and materialism isn't prerequisite for hedonism either, you can be an hedonist and immoral person even if you believe in religious doctrine, it all comes down to impulse control.
An hedonist will always be an hedonist regardless of what he believes in, what changes is how he justifies it.

Apparently you didn't skim very well.

>Buddhism is the answer
It is still Nihilism. Back to square one. Pretending you aren't human or have some way to stop suffering if only you could abandon all desires is just a pre-enlightenment version of it. The end result is the same, being miserable, wanting nothing more than to spread your atheism (like a cancer or virus) so that you'll at least have company in your misery.

Friend, you went down a blind alley. Turn back but keep trying, searching for truth.

Never said it was the answer, just one of many paths that denies hedonism without promising you a one way ticket to Big Rock Candy Mountain.

People like you make it hard not to hate Christianity
No rationale, no actual arguments, just schizophrenic fantasy and hatred of everything that doesn’t fall in line

Atheism gives you freedom through denial of truth. Atheism denies the concept of the Spirit. Something that everyone has felt, if during a sporting event, singing of the national anthem, during a beautiful parade. Chills running through you at a specific time. Atheists call this 'Chemical reactions' but its not.

TO THE unbelieving materialist, man is simply an evolutionary accident. His hopes of survival are strung on a figment of mortal imagination; his fears, loves, longings, and beliefs are but the reaction of the incidental juxtaposition of certain lifeless atoms of matter. No display of energy nor expression of trust can carry him beyond the grave. The devotional labors and inspirational genius of the best of men are doomed to be extinguished by death, the long and lonely night of eternal oblivion and soul extinction. Nameless despair is man's only reward for living and toiling under the temporal sun of mortal existence. Each day of life slowly and surely tightens the grasp of a pitiless doom which a hostile and relentless universe of matter has decreed shall be the crowning insult to everything in human desire which is beautiful, noble, lofty, and good.

NEW MURDOCH VIDEO youtube.com/watch?v=kjHKNj7-snM&feature=youtu.be

That's right, will you fight for your existence, or will you perish like a dog?

>Most people who are atheist and remain so throughout their lives get their position based on scientific data
wew lad. I wont mock your infatuation with the religion of science, being a STEM post-grad myself... but you clearly express your own age and immaturity here. See if you are able to do what every other atheist before you failed to do---deal with the soul crushing nihilism of Atheism. Attack me all you want, it changes not a thing in your own life. Science is great, and honestly was the stepping stone I used to step out of the swamp you call "euphoria" into the light of faith in God.

>literary analysis applied to a true story
Doesn't work that way

You've yet to show that nihilism is inherent to atheism (and every other ideology that doesn't involve god committing suicide to make up for a talking snake's prank).