ESA fires revolutionary Ion Thruster

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5470021/ESA-test-fires-radical-air-breathing-electric-ion-thruster.html

Where where you when EVROPA colonized space?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=huFYl8-Omws
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5470021/ESA-test-fires-radical-air-breathing-electric-ion-thruster.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not that important. There are more important subjects to attend to.

i was holding mahmoods hand while he wad pummeling my wife helga's cervix

t. nigger who needs more food stamps

so do they have a scoop that functions in LEO or did the niggers just run a hall thruster off nitrogen and pretend that scooping the fuel is easy?

>air-breathing
no air in space

Might be good for building space stations that use minimal fuel for thrusters.

Is that what they told you?

I sincerely wish that majority of US citizens, officials and leaders will hold this view so that europe can get a lengthy head-start at starting space operations in solar system and get rich from the rare high-tech minerals readily available in any asteroid.

Meh satellites dont excite me

come back when you have warp drive, or even EM drive breakthroughs

>That's cute.

>Muh meme science.

This is big combined with the german reactor, they could be developing next generation weaponry in secret again.

Hate this trope to death. Space colonization and travel is a farce. It’s all too fucking far away. We aren’t ever going to travel the speed of light or anywhere near it. Our lives are too short, space is too far, and then there’s physics. There’s no aliens out there doing it and we aren’t going to either. Hate to be that “negative” guy but it’s just not possible, and if you think about 5 whole minutes it’s really pretty silly.

In narnia with all the other hobbits riding dragons in valerian steel

>people killing and spying drones can stay aloft indefinitely
yay? how is this a good thing again?

What does elons musk smell like?

we could already have probes around other stars and exoplanets with nuclear pulse propulsion

>space travel
its not for that at all. it needs an atmosphere to function

KSP did it first

Still not fast enough, not even close to fast enough.

>EVROPA
Too bad all the hard work will be for nothing when niggers and mutts will free ride the success making the universe 56%

until we figure out gravity, we're always going to be literally held back anyways

Everyone knows what gravity is. It's just the opposite of magnetism. I think.

Ion thrusters don’t mean shit until you can get on and off planet cheaply and reliably

>air breathing
>space

>space doesn't have air
Where do you think the air goes when it gets sucked by a vacuum? Or do you think a planetoid's air is just stickied to the surface?

> when EVROPA colonized space?
Europe never sent a man in orbit.
this

Space has air but it's so miniscule that it's near-impossible to gather it from space itself not without proper equipment which is light years away from now.

Things do rust in space just very very slowly.

>Where where you when EVROPA colonized space?

glad to see some advanced military technology finally getting declassified from black projects and put into use for civilians

TR3B black triangle commuter aircraft when

The secret is in why the planets orbit on a plane.

so they developed a scoop to semi-replace the xenon gas, still needs a consistant supply of electricity.

Funny you should post that ,gif

>spess colonization impossible cuz it 2 far!
>flying impossible cuz it 2 heavy!
>going across da worl impossible cuz you fall off!

fintard confirmed for not understanding economics. all the minerals in space already exist here on earth and are cheaper to get to. there are no valuable minerals in space that you cant find on earth.

t. nigger who needs more food stamps

Repeating numbers confirm! Americoons btfo!

>it posted nervously, as its observation partner leaned over
>x'lr'drg, why the fuck are you still on there, they gave up on that space elevator shit years ago
>They're talking about drives now, do you want local space filled with earthniggers?
>Hey, they're not all like that man...
>Tell that to the faggots who broke down in new mexico, now post more mutt memes

>ESA-test-fires-radical-air-breathing-electric-ion-thruster
>air breathing
>in space
?

youtube.com/watch?v=huFYl8-Omws

Dey stole it from Kawanda! Vibranium needs melanin to make power!

>are cheaper to get to
FOR NOW, you massive cockgobbler

Their space program is new, give them a few years and they will send someone to space who would then realize there is no air up there.

Europe is the centre of technology and will like be that forever.

>American geology

>air-breathing ion thruster
lots of air in space to breathe, eh wot.

[looks at article]

> This means satellites could stay in very low orbit for years at a time

Oh, so it's not about colonizing space, it's about satellite stationkeeping once a satellite is in orbit. So what? Call me when your space launch industry can put a car into heliocentric orbit near Mars.

... until there's no more.

>air breathing
>space propulsion
Lol

>an electric car
>not a chevrolet silverado or something
Fucking tree hugger.

Cool, so they made the impossible space desk fan.

Dude broke the hymen of Talulah Riley... He must smell alright.

>we've discovered everything there is to discover

Fucking earth fags

>air breathing

so close and yet so far

melon husk

S O O N

Welcome to like a decade ago in the space race?

>air-breathing

there's no air in space

dumb euros

You think that's air you're breathing now?

It's for tv antennas in high atmosphere. It litteraly feeds on the ozone layer protecting us from death gammas from the sun.

Europe: 1
USA: 0
Rest: - 1

You know there is some air in space close to the Earth's atmosphere right? It doesn't magically become a vacuum after you pass the Karman line, it's a gradient where the further you travel from the earth's atmosphere the amount of air molecules decrease; for example, the ISS has to be regularly boosted by another spacecraft to stop itself falling back into earth's atmosphere because of the small amount of drag (which is caused by the molecules) that exists at it's low orbit. This ion engine is designed to breathe in these molecules and shoot them back out to propell itself, and therefore can only work at low orbits.

Wow that is some serious dreaming

I WISH I WISH I WISH I IWSH I WISH I WISH

Europe only has about a generation left to colonise space I think individual states or maybe member states does it before the EU can

>2018
>still believing in (((science)))

dem day dat stole is stole it from dey china

ayyynime girls

It's for satellites to change orbit, not Star Trek shit flying you across the galaxy.

>bromance parties in the rust belt when?

shame on you for wasting resources. we have more pressing matters like allowing kids as young as 5 to choose their sex and gender in school without parents consent or knowledge

dey kno de wae?

Good luck getting that sweet Vibranium from the greedy Wakandians.

fucking brainlet doesn't understand the implications
> faster, cheaper spy satellites than can position themselves in vantage positions
> low orbit communication satellites

It is loteraly "stickied" to the surface by gravity. We loose a negligible ammount to space. If this was not true you would not be here.

>Dind U'Chala

>ion engines in media in 1980s after starwars
hurr we cum so far the normie thinks
>ion engines in media in 1990s
>ion engines in the media in 2000s
>ion engines in the media in
do you get the picture yet
mercury engines were repressed from being even tested as a "bad idea" and instead they out perform high voltage corona discharge engines by 10x because you only have to move a sphere

>still needs a consistant supply of electricity.
Solar panels work more efficiently in space.

At this rate, skynet will colonize space and make first contact with the ayy lmaos. Not even joking, we'll be fucking around here on little human reservations while self-replicating robots are out there led by some machine mastermind.

requesting pdf of pic related

like what?

A thousand years ago an ocean was too big to cross. A few hundred years ago it was crossable, but took weeks. Now, you can board a flight in the morning and be in Europe by dinner. Maybe you're right, but every time humans have come upon a challenge we've overcome it, so if I had to place a bet, I'd bet on humans colonizing space, even if it means big slow generation ships or big slow ships we've downloaded our minds into.

>dailymail
Weren't they the ones saying the EM drive would get us to the moon in a few hours, and then it turned out to be nothing?

>not animayyy

How about I THRUST my dick into your ass

Reaction control systems don't do much other than small maneuvers. There's next to no thrust when it comes to ions.

Neat science project though. At least you're trying.

>dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5470021/ESA-test-fires-radical-air-breathing-electric-ion-thruster.html

so basically they built a giant version of a Dyson blow dryer

>all the minerals in space already exist here on earth and are cheaper to get to.

That's exactly why we're searching the tech to make it easier you absolute human abomination.

Nice!

the construction of planes is the only thing that you are still good at, lets hope you can get a new concorde production line

>dailymail
I'm trying to read through the article and holyfuckingshit it is split in dozen of place by other shit and ads.
Modern media is truly trash.

This could probably give as much cancer as staying behind that ion engine for hours.

The same parents who think circumcision is wrong?

>ions are bad
>not breathing pure ozone

pleb

>Air breathing Ion thruster
Well that will be very useful in fucking Space
Just have to remember to bring air with you.

Normally I'm Mr. Bah Humbug "Space is a Jewish like for fags and nerds", but this is actually pretty cool and not pi in sky scifi bullshit.

read the article retard