Who is on the shortlist of communist intellectuals worth paying attention to?

Who is on the shortlist of communist intellectuals worth paying attention to?

Other urls found in this thread:

thephilosophicalsalon.com/a-reply-to-my-critics-concerning-an-engagement-with-jordan-peterson/
youtube.com/watch?v=AhOcwhwumP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This guy

Im with her

>sniffs

Lukacs and Adorno

No one.

Even Slavoj Zizek isn't worth it, his article on Jordan B. Peterson was a last attempt to keep standing, but failed miserably.

I like Slavoj for his integrity, but he has chosen the wrong political theory to back.

Communism is impossible to argue for.

t illiterate brainlet

thephilosophicalsalon.com/a-reply-to-my-critics-concerning-an-engagement-with-jordan-peterson/

>Triggered petersonian.

>f I were to engage in paranoiac speculations, I would be much more inclined to say that the Politically Correct obsessive regulations (like the obligatory naming of different sexual identities, with legal measures taken if one violates them) are rather a Left-liberal plot to destroy any actual radical Left movement. Suffice it to recall the animosity against Bernie Sanders among some LGBT+ and feminist circles, whose members have no problems with big corporate bosses supporting them. The “cultural” focus of PC and #MeToo is, to put it in a simplified way, a desperate attempt to avoid the confrontation with actual economic and political problems, i.e., to locate women’s oppression and racism in their socio-economic context. The moment one mentions these problems, one is accused of vulgar “class reductionism.”
This.

To me, the whole "progressive" movement seems more liberal than leftist (which contrary to American beliefs is not the same).

"The leitmotif of my critics in mentioning the link between Peterson and the alt-right is that I am wrong, displaying my basic lack of acquaintance with what I criticize: Petersen is a radical liberal (he supports welfare state, etc.) worried about the threat that Political Correctness, identity politics, LGBT+, etc., pose to the freedom of speech and other fundamental values of a free democratic society. In locating him within the alt-right, I act as a Politically Correct and postmodern dogmatic ignoring simple facts.

I find this line of attack very strange. Whatever one thinks about my theories, one constant in them is my critical rejection of postmodern deconstructionism and of the dismissal of modern science as yet another ”discursive practice,” the “truth-effect” of which is to be historically relativized. Furthermore, a year or so ago, when I questioned Political Correctness and some aspects of LGBT+ movement (and some other things problematic for today’s “radical Left,” like the predominant stance towards refugees), I was not only submitted to a long series of extremely brutal attacks, but I was also gradually excluded from the public media. So, now my only access to media in English are three digital outlets: The Independent, Russia Today, and a channel of the Los Angeles Review of Books. The days when I was able to publish comments in The Guardian and occasionally even in New York Times are long gone, and even In These Times now refuses to publish me. The comic aspect of all this is that I am often attacked for the same text from one side for my alleged Eurocentric racism and from the opposite side for my alleged hatred of the Western tradition… Part of this comedy are many reactions to my text in The Independent: reading them one gets the impression that I am just attacking one side and not indicating how both sides are resorting to the same strategies of lying in the guise of truth."

This is the full list
>Pic related

Where do all the products come from? There is an invisible input that is called LABOUR. In globalized society however (despite what democrats and locals may say) this is not american workers. The real proletariat is the 3rd world slaves that work for 2 cents a day in congo, etc.

Physics calls it the law of conservation of energy. Action reaction. Cant get something for nothing

You have wage slaves, your retail and food employees have nothing to envy to third world working conditions.

marx, gramsci, breton

Mark Fisher
youtube.com/watch?v=AhOcwhwumP4

The fucking ROPE, you goddamn leaf!

Chomsky is pretty good on foreign policy and linguistics but terrible on everything else.

Antonio Gramsci

So yeah...really not that many. A list of anarcho capitalist intellectuals worth paying attention to would be 100+ names.

>anarcho-capitalist
>intellectuals

you'll have to explain this one to me, my canuck friend

>communist
>intellectual
pick one

Zizek is the only one that I know of.

not zizek

She looks fucking insane.

>Jacques Lacan wrote that, even if what a jealous husband claims about his wife (that she sleeps around with other men) is all true, his jealousy is still pathological: the pathological element is the husband's need for jealousy as the only way to retain his dignity, identity even. Along the same lines, one could say that, even if most of the Nazi claims about the Jews were true (they exploit Germans, they seduce German girls, and so on) – which they are not, of course – their anti-Semitism would still be (and was) a pathological phenomenon because it repressed the true reason why the Nazis needed anti-Semitism in order to sustain their ideological position. In the Nazi vision, their society is an organic whole of harmonious collaboration, so an external intruder is needed to account for divisions and antagonisms.

I'm just reading this article and holy shit, he repeats the same thing over and over again throughout all his speaking events/books. I've read/seen/heard far too much of this commie faggot that I can predict his every word.

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

>Why the homophobia?
I have an authoritarian personality user.

some top tier cuckery there