Idol Anime 22/7

Idol Anime 22/7
I searched for a while but couldn't find any source saying: Which studio is going to handle the anime?
Release date?

The reason I was interested in this:
twitter.com/nise_shi/status/914976861041565696

More info about it:
Yasushi Akimoto-Produced Idol Unit 22/7 Gets Anime Project
4NN.cx/.119209

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X1pg-wBqSxU
dailymotion.com/video/x5xy8em
twitter.com/1024z46
youtube.com/watch?v=GB8eIswlO2k
youtube.com/watch?v=9LDe0g0A1Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=r23-AAgV3BE
youtu.be/wTXOlV0wrNM
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7YWYe_26Uo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3U6s9tF3M0&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=CDSMCdOqpFY
youtu.be/dSdQ9YVKK9Q
youtu.be/lsIGqBqYmeg
youtu.be/gzDOW9f9kQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=dTOfz2Xybpw
youtube.com/watch?v=klI0Fci_BiM
youtube.com/watch?v=c5G5bD2Do-k
youtube.com/watch?v=VelXze6d68E
youtube.com/watch?v=kaQ6LeHKx28
youtube.com/watch?v=T_TrsMly_js
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is aniplex project, so most likely A1 or other subsidiary studio.
Anyway, can someone with jap IP reupload this somewhere?
youtube.com/watch?v=X1pg-wBqSxU

dailymotion.com/video/x5xy8em

There was already a mirror of that video in youtube.
I really hope the actual anime isn't cgi. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either.
The music is catchy.
I hope part of the real or simulated personalities of the idols comes throught.

That CGI is pretty bad, but the song's nice. That bit at 3:41 is funny though, it looks like they're jogging over to jump off the roof together.

Holy shit this looks bad.

Will Sally be our gal?

twitter.com/1024z46

CGI is the reason nobody likes idol anime anymore

Don't delude yourselves. ED or not this will most likely sell like hotcakes, the hype is already building in Japanese social media, most likely thanks to the aniplex shilling machine

And does that mean it doesn't look bad?

I don't want to sound like a dick but I couldn't tell which one was Sally in the video in the pinned tweet.

Is this yuri?

I meant to mention you

On ice

Sally a cute! CUTE!

Love the character designs. Hope there's some 2D dancing in the anime, even just a little bit.

Song is really nice. Not feeling the CG though, will they keep it for the anime?

That Sally girl man, I'll be surprised if Japan take to her.

CGI is the only way they can realistically fit in dance sequences on a regular basis. It's a necessary evil.

Idol anime is utter trash but i'll watch for Sally desu senpaitachi

Why not rotoscoping?

Still quite laborious. Most animators aren't skilled enough to do a good dancing scene these days, rotoscoped or otherwise.

Wake Up Girls was the best Idol anime so far, and it gets continuation now - but sadly, Yamakan is no more so its pointless (Though WUG band itself is well alive and their recent anime songs are all great).

What's so good about WUG?

>Best music out of all Idol anime. WUG songs are actually great compared to IM@S/LL generic stuff.
>Actual existing band rather than virtual idols, WUG still exists and in recent seasons you probably heard their songs a lot in anime OP/EDs
>Yamakan tried to make more humane and natural character, based on real personalities of the WUG members rather than unrealistic meme archtypes in IM@S/LL
>Nice direction of the movie and show and some controversy

But basically, current advantage of WUG is that unlike "virtual" characters, theirs are real and anime characters correspond real singers. Combined with fact their music is actually superior to others, its better as "idol" show than rest.

youtube.com/watch?v=GB8eIswlO2k
youtube.com/watch?v=9LDe0g0A1Tk

youtube.com/watch?v=r23-AAgV3BE
youtu.be/wTXOlV0wrNM
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7YWYe_26Uo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3U6s9tF3M0&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=CDSMCdOqpFY
youtu.be/dSdQ9YVKK9Q
youtu.be/lsIGqBqYmeg
youtu.be/gzDOW9f9kQ0

Nothing

youtube.com/watch?v=dTOfz2Xybpw

The real question is: does their show use CGI for dances?

No, they trace Yamakan. He`s not just a top composer and wind orchestra dirigent that inspired KyoAni to make Hibike Euphonium since they coudnt buy his wind orchestra noel, but also a top dancer that designed iconic dances in Lucky Star and Haruhi.

youtube.com/watch?v=klI0Fci_BiM
youtube.com/watch?v=c5G5bD2Do-k
youtube.com/watch?v=VelXze6d68E

For CGI theres
youtube.com/watch?v=kaQ6LeHKx28

No, only 2D sakuga goodness.

Full TV vs BD vers
youtube.com/watch?v=T_TrsMly_js

Guess I'm watching WUG tonight

Certainly 2D but I'm not sure that webm is goodness

Is this not kyoani?
Why are they even using horiguchi designs without kyoani?
Dead on arrival.

Remember to watch Movie first, its prequel to TV anime, or more like necessary Episode 0.

Theres 2 more movies, but i think still not translated.

since Horiguchi quit KyoAni long ago? And its also not official anime designs, its just one of 4 (i think, maybe more) designs made by famous character designers so there are at least 3 other "looks"

I think each character was designed by a different artist, but Horiguchi was chosen to adapt all of them for the "standard" design. I don't know if she's designer/AD for the anime, I assume not. But the anime will be done using her original designs.

Horiguchi hasn't worked at KyoAni for several years now.

Each character was designed by a different artist, but all of the illustration work beyond that has been done by Horiguchi. It's fairly safe to say that her work is the official, definite look to the group.

She certainly is something else. She doesn't even bother with the usual cutesy idol acts which are sort of important over there in nipland. Personally I like it, we might actually have an open and straightforward idol for once who actually says what's on her mind instead of pandering 24/7 to otaku. But that isn't exactly a recipe for success.

the clip made me fucking puke

she's an annoying cunt that acts like your regular self absorbed spoiled brat from socal

Looks slightly less trash, not really an achievement.

Sounds like you met one