Korean Reunification ?

Will we see a unified Korean Peninsula in our lifetime?
Isn’t the only ones who don’t a unified Korea be it’s neighbors because it will catapult Korea’s Economic power to 2x what it is today and increase its military power by 2x what it is today?
I don’t see why the two nations wouldn’t want to reunify. It would instantly make them bigger and stronger than Japan and become #2 strongest Asian nation.
Who is stopping the reunification of Korea?
>inb4 jews (which is the obvious answer)
But what other powers have an interest in keeping the two nations divided ?

Not through speeches and majority decisions will the great questions of the day be decided but by hydrogen and blood

Aren't your reasons a little petty?

North Korea doesn't want any of that american capitalism and brainwash that the south is stuck with.

That american degeneracy doesn't go well with them, I guess they are not as idiots as the anglo-saxons of Sup Forums who love to pretend that "cultural marxism" is the cause of decadence, while the rest of the actual free world know it's capitalism.

Q predicted this

Can I reunion with her

If they don't want to accept Capitalism, so ok, be a outdated Third World Country forever.

wtf I love starving and oppression now.

the 2 countries can't agree on a governing system to use.
it's what triggered the civil war to begin with.
the west will never allow unification under the north's system, and china will never allow unification under the south.
there is no compromise between democracy and dictatorship.
you have one or the other, not both.
however, a formal peace treaty and possibly disarmament of the North is a real possibility.
the problem with disarmament is that no nuclear state has any reason to believe that the US won't invade as soon as they disarm.
exactly that happened to gaddafi when he disarmed, even though his safety and regime were guaranteed.
Korean's situation is a little bit different though.
Only a fool would trust the United states to honor a deal like this, unless it was guaranteed by a country like russia or china.
fortunately, both of those countries have expressed interest in brokering a deal like this, and nobody really likes Kim fucking around with nukes.

Better be a slave of FED's fake money?

she looks like fucking shkreli

Jews aren't keeping it divided, they have virtually no interests there, only China is interested in that because NK is a buffer state between them and US bases in SK.

The reunification will cripple SK's economy by introducing 25 million poor citizens in their economy while having to financially support the reconstruction of the north. It would also change the political views in Korea just like german reunification did in the 90s, except that as opposed to the germans who all hated Russia in 89, Koreans are pretty cool with China and could get closer to them now that the north doesn't pose a threat anymore

>But what other powers have an interest in keeping the two nations divided ?
China, anything NK wants has to go through china, imagine being the only supplier for a country, food, minerals, weapons..etc has to go through you, you would get a ton of cash just from them.

wtf I hate exchanging fake money for real goods and services now.

My biggest fear is that Moon and Kim are about to come out and announce a finished denuclearization-for-withdrawal deal. This would put a lot of pressure on the US and Trump.

Because to most Americans, war with North Korea to destroy an imminent threat to the US sounds just about justified. But a war to preserve South Korea against the wishes of South Korea’s own government and 60%+ of the South Korean people? That’s a tall order.

If Hong was president, and South Koreans were vocally demanding the maintanance of the alliance that would be one thing, but he isn’t, and they aren’t.

More and more, it is ironically becoming clear that South Korea itself is exactly what the North Koreans have always claimed it is: an American colony maintained against the wishes of South Korea’s own people.

If I’m wrong, tell me: why isn’t there a massive clamor in South Korea to stop the North Korean nuclear program? Why do South Koreans treat the US forces and Americans in their country like shit? Why did 40% of them vote Moon/Im for president even when they knew Moon is being led around by the nose by these 전대협 guys? Why is the education department trashing the memory of PCH and Syngman Lee with no opposition from the public?

Look I feel sorry for Korean conservatives, but sadly this IS the end for them. For us. I hope they find a safe exit to avoid getting personally democratized the hard way

Korea won't unify until China manages to get South Korea to pivot away from the US

Kim knows this and it's why he's open to rapproachment. As China continues to rise his position becomes ever more precarious, and the CCP will throw the Kims under the bus as soon as they're satisfied with their position in the South

I would be surprised if Kim had the balls to still stage the anti-Beijing purge he did on taking office in 2011 if he'd taken over in 2018

They havent been starving since the 90s and (((Freedom))) is a kike meme.

Not, you are ugly.

>(((Freedom))) is a kike meme.

...he said, while exercising his First Amendment rights on an American website.

There is no Sup Forums Canada as you might have noticed. There is a reason for that.

The Canadian education.

It's not over 'till the fat lady sings, brother.

Hey Canuck.

Fuck you lol. Everyone knows US culture is a piece of shit but everyone knows Communism is an immoral way to govern people's lives.

They are starving because of Donald Trump's influence on other capitalist countries. If Donny Doofus wasn't trying to break Korea's economy they wouldn't be in such trouble. Americans have brought nothing but bad things to north koreans.

They are so outdated that their women are not complete prostitutes and their men aren't sub-human slaves who will be sent waves after waves to die during the next world war.

They are so outdated that Donny Doofus wants to get their head because of the danger they represent.

Can we say the same about Brazil, land of the transexuals? I don't think so.

You clearly don't understand how usury works then. For a while it seems like you're living in Wonderland, and then reality hits. But it's ok, you're american I'm not expecting you to understand economy or to have the tools to resist the system that feeds you.

So you're saying north korea is more immoral than the united-states?

ITT : a leaf tries to play the "muh kike redpill" over the Korean problem and gets roasted by said koreans

like pottery, next time try to learn about what's fucking happening there, fucking leftyfag

The US wouldn't leave without a formal peace treaty. Also, there are many people and organizations in the ROK that stand to lose greatly if an unambiguous peace were to suddenly break out.

Of course, you as a nation should do what you believe to be most prudent for yourselves and future generations-- but if you trust anybody ruling the DPRK, you are a fool.

You implied that americans don't have more freedom than north koreans, you're completely wrong, don't try to bring degeneracy into that, remember that smoking weed is legal in north korea and the government makes money on the black market thanks to drug trades, fucking fag.

The world of FED's fake money already IS communism. But sheeple won't understand this, because education.

What I suspect will happen is that denuclearization for a USFK withdrawal will be presented (after closed-door negotiations) to the Korean public as the only alternative to a ruinous US military campaign against North Korea that would destroy the South, too.

To be fair, this is a real worry for South Koreans. So IF they (Moon + Kim) can convincingly present such a prospective deal to the South Korean public as possibly the only alternative to war, we will quite possibly see a wave of anti-US activism in South Korea even greater than during the KDJ administration. After all, many people will believe they are fighting for their lives. As the Defense Department itself has stated, the US is in South Korea at the request of the South Korean government, and as soon as the South Korean government asks them to leave, they will do so.

Of course, this will lead to economic turmoil as investors flee to the exits, but Moon is deliberately pumping up the South Korean public in order to divert their attention from this prospect. And of course once it happens it will be too late.

Nations don't have morality; individuals do.

I am saying Communism is more immoral than Capitalism, which is practically a fucking gift from God.

But of course, you're a fucking leftist leaf and don't care about the well-being of Koreans, North or South. Or fucking anyone besides your own self. Like every Communist I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

>Gift from god
>Live trapped in a 2mt apartment for the rest of your life, while your women fuck white boys.

>economic power x2
Kek, not even close to the truth

Yup here it is folks. An inside look at the degenerate mind of a leaf Communist.

Never mind the 20 million+ women in South Korea living dignified, educated lives in a country with an incredible standard of living for female citizens.

They must all be "prostitutes" because your K-pop videos are a representation of all of SK right, lmao. And all NK women are virtuous Communist waifus dedicated to the cause right?

The truth is that you, along with every other leftist piece of shit I've ever met in my life is only interested in turning Korea into exactly what you just described. A fucking degenerate K-pop video.

Sorry to burst your bubble leaf, but I'm sitting here in my nice chair in SK right now, looking at thousands of Koreans living hard-working lives without crime or prostitution or trash all over our streets.

The Brazilian is wiser than you most likely ever will be and you should be grateful to be America's hat. It's more than you deserve.

How could you possibly have elected somebody that would accept such an offer while negotiating from a position of strength?

How is South Korea negotiating from a position of strength? Only one of the two Koreas has nukes and only one of the two Koreas is willing to fight a war to preserve their political and social system intact. I'll give you a hint: they're the same Korea.

It's well known that commies don't live in small apartments.

Because he's a Communist faggot in league with the likes of Soros

The Koreans in the north don't want to become a vassal state of the Jewish supremacist world dictatorship in Washington. They see the south, a raceless atomized nation of mixed blood mongrels imitating US negro behavior while living as employees to a ruthless economic machine of self-serving Chaebols that control every facet of their nation. They know that the puppet traitor government in the south are obviously bootlicking lackeys of the US Jewish supremacist terrroist gangster regime.

Korea is a 5000 year old civilization and they don't want or need Jewish culture imposed upon them. Even most of the Koreans in the south are very sympathetic to the DPRK leadership and hate the US military, this is a fact shown in survey after survey which the Jewish media tends to sweep under a rug but when Chosun (DPRK) plays a soccer match against China, most southern Koreans will cheer on the Korean's People's Democratic Republic.

So the way toward unification of Korea, which is and has always been one nation artifically divided by a foreign oppressor, and has never been two nations, is for the southern Koreans to have a militant, nationalistic populist uprising against American negro troop occupation, to kick out the foreigners and storm the Blue House to hang the traitors.

Of course the conditioned Amerimutt reaction is laughter "haha why would they want to be starving commies XD" but this is only because the typical Amerimutt doesn't know anything about Korea or the Korean race. Anyone who truly knows Korea, Korean history and contemporary Korean political attitudes knows that my vision, while hard, is not unachievable or impossible. There's millions of Koreans, especially in the southernwestern nationalistic region of Jeollado, who are violently sympathetic and loyal to the DPRK over "their own" government. There are many more Koreans who sympathize with the DPRK than there are DPRK citizens who sympathize with the southern regime. This is an absolute fact.

Wouldn't the economic burden of millions of starving people effectively stagnate a unified korea for a decade?
What about the revelations of horrific crimes by the mad dictators?

North koreans live in farms a lot bigger than south korean houses, granted life is still shitty, but they have fresh food and space.

Man, I'm glad I stopped participating in those Nork tv threads. That shit got to some of you.

And I think what you're missing is that Moon and Kim basically share the same goal: they are both trying to push South Koreans into a Confederation that they don't really want. Nukes are an ideal tool to accomplish this task.

Think about it this way, basically Kim and Moon are on the same side of the negotiating table, the South Korean public are on the other.

The question Moon and Kim are together posing to them is this:

"Show us how much you want to avoid a war."

Unfortunately, even in the event of a war, a South Korean victory isn't guaranteed especially in the event of Chinese intervention. So basically if you're the average South Korean without a blue passport, the idea of agreeing to a sellout in return for what you're hoping will be a few decades of peace at least mightn't be that crazy.

A lot of Western observers of South Korea look at things through rose-tinted glasses: their desire to confirm positive attitudes towards South Korea blinds them to some very real and dangerous realities about what South Korea is really like.

I'm not actually some commie who actually WANTS bad things to happen for South Korea: I DON'T WANT them to happen, but we have to look reality in the face. South Korea is decidedly not an East Asian West Germany confidently looking to the future, it is a divided, subverted state in a perilous position.

I've been a DPRK sympathizer since... I don't know exactly, the last 6 or 7 years. Anyway, you can't produce a counter-argument because you are a Infowars-consuming Untermensch

>There's millions of Koreans, especially in the southernwestern nationalistic region of Jeollado, who are violently sympathetic and loyal to the DPRK over "their own" government.

Lol sorry buddy but this isn't mainland China, one of the biggest shitholes in the world currently.

Nice try though.

Private property isn't a thing, all the food they grow is seized by the state, there is no "fresh food", even though famines aren't a thing anymore, people don't have a lot to eat and grow their food with dog shit to replace fertilizers, which in turn gives them parasites (see the case of the north korean soldier that crossed the border recently)

Would you like to live in a slightly bigger house but have to work 10h a day for almost nothing in return, without individual rights and facing the death of your entire family if you dare to criticize the state, or live in a smaller apartment but enjoy way more rights and live a better life ?

There is no "jewish trick" here, even though life isn't perfect in a capitalist country, there is certainly no advantage in living in a country such as NK

You know why they are free? Because they don't owe anything to their banks, and also because their politics truly represent them and their people. If they go to war, it's to defend themselves and because it's their choice, they are not some modern-persian slave army like the USA who only go to war to serve the interests of hidden jews.

Now go turn your wife, mother and daughter into a prostitute and then go die in a war, you cocksucking bitch.

I don't watch k-pop and it's certainly not the reason why I think south korean women are whores. Also, how can I support north korea and be a leftist? If anything north koreans are seen as extreme-right fascism, not because of communism, but because of other things relative to the regime. Sorry but you don't have the religious knowledge required to understand how sad south korean women (and men obviously) are, you guys have been brainraped by the USA so hard that you end up posting this pile of crap. Go back to starcraft or kill yourself, you guys are soiling Korean history.

im expecting the fat manlet to backstab them as soon as there is supposed to be peace and starts of world war 3 or I am going to be really disappointing .

I don't watch k-pop and it's certainly not the reason why I think south korean women are whores. Also, how can I support north korea and be a leftist? If anything north koreans are seen as extreme-right fascism, not because of communism, but because of other things relative to the regime. Sorry but you don't have the religious knowledge required to understand how sad south korean women (and men obviously) are, you guys have been brainraped by the USA so hard that you end up posting this pile of crap. Go back to starcraft or kill yourself, you guys are soiling Korean history.

China and US obviously stand the most to gain from a divided Korea

You don't know anything about north korea, but I strongly encourage you to go there, destroy your passport to live in the country, we'll see if it's still a "communist paradise" after a few days of torture.

>Isn’t the only ones who don’t a unified Korea be it’s neighbors because it will catapult Korea’s Economic power to 2x what it is today

This is a very low estimate. It's more likely that a unified Korea would monopolize every industry, even the low-wage manufacturing industry that China dominates in, and economically destroy all Asian nations around it.

ilbe memes are lame af, the Great Leader can bring meaning into your pitiful life if you just accept him into your heart.

And by the way, one last thing

>The Brazilian is wiser than you most likely ever will be and you should be grateful to be America's hat. It's more than you deserve.

"you shoudl be grateful to be America's hat"

This is exactly how south korean perceive themselves, as a people who are lucky to be part of an American alliance, to be lucky that Americans SAVED them and gave them their "dignified" lifestyle of capitalism.

As I said, a bunch of slaves.

>don't know anything about korean history
>"Go back to starcraft or kill yourself, you guys are soiling Korean history."

Like pottery my fellow leafshit

You are going to play, the we do have houses and not apartments game?

You just can't fertilize with dog shit, in fact dog shit kills even the grass, that's how I know you know jackshit about farm living.

That's fine if you believe that. I'm not one to use propaganda to counter another type of propaganda. What few experiences I have with NK are clearly subversive videos of its current government with a severely limited and oppressed people, and of course, the videos that NK feels fit to propagate. Both indicate a strange miasma of propaganda and suffering that it brings me to a central point of view, that though I may not know the intricacies of life in NK, I do find that the current tyrant is a ruthless one.
One experience that never ceases to trouble me, one glaring indication of the true state of North Korea, is the impermeability of the borders. Sure, they let people in, but are their people free to come and go as they wish without any sort of consequences? You show me a time when the Regular Joe North Korean had a free and easy right to leave the country at his merest whim. and I'll show you a mass exodus.

.....holy fuck and I thought the leaf meme was just a joke. >_>

Sup Forums was right again.

>You just can't fertilize with dog shit

It highly depends on the dog's diet faggot.

I never said it was a paradise. But it's certainly a better country than what most of you idiots think, and much better than the United-States of Gog & Magog, that hellish melting-pot.

Also, plenty of people go to north korea and don't get tortured, you know who tortures people the most? Americans.

Go be brainwashed somewhere else, you're probably a trump puppet too. Haha you trash

Ironically, while I am on the opposite side of the Korean political spectrum from you, I actually agree to an extent.

One problem the United States government has now and arguably always has had in trying to maintain control over South Korea is that it has gotten high on its own supply in terms of wishful thinking when it comes to how popular it is among South Koreans.

This is part wishful thinking, part a desire to portray itself both the South Koreans and to Americans at home also as a friend of South Korea and South Koreans and not a semi-colonial force.

Unfortunately, in reality it must be admitted that this is precisely what the United States is.
I still believe that, given the brutality of the North Korean regime that it remains a positive one, but nevertheless it is not nearly as welcome or popular among South Koreans as many Americans believe.

Often the simplest explanation is the correct one. South Koreans are speechless when Americans expect gratitude for their presence here, because quite honestly in the minds of most Koreans (while most are personally glad not to be living under communism) the US presence here and indeed the existence of the Republic of Korea itself are an American project. How relatively wealthy and successful South Korea is compared to the North is neither here nor there: it is an American creation, and its fate lies with America.

Consider it vaguely like a peninsular Portuguese Macao, or something. Sure people feel lucky to be here instead of on the commie side of the line, but they have little or no loyalty to "their" state.

Yeah, sorry for not siding with the Judeo-protestant world. I guess I must truly be in the wrong. Don't you have Zerglings to produce before you get rushed? You little slave bitch.

In any conflict, victory is uncertain. However; China will not help the DPRK if they make the first move. Without Chinese intervention the DPRK stands absolutely no chance of winning any kind of war. You can literally just hold the line and wait for them to starve to death. They need your help a whole lot more than you need theirs. If they come to the table, you are in a very strong position to dictate terms. Their nuclear program is absolutely irrelevant to anything /except/ US aggression.

If they honestly believed that they were in such a commanding position of power, they would not come to the negotiation table so easily.

>But it's certainly a better country than what most of you idiots think

Based on the fact that you believe all we know about this country is jewish propaganda so real life there must be the opposit of what we know despite that you know jackshit about this country ?

EBIN :DDDddd

>Also, plenty of people go to north korea and don't get tortured

I never said you systematically get tortured by going there, only if you chose to stay outside of the trip. You're one kind of retard, this HAS to be bait.

>you know who tortures people the most? Americans.

It's very well known that the US torture illegal immigrants, am I right ?

Based leaf.
South Korea is literally goy korea, too liberal and degenerate even to east asian standards. Too much pop shit influence.

North korea may be communists but they follow stalinist doctrine, by which is essentially a fascist state masquerading as a communist regime. Also north korea has no central jewish banking system, which is why JewSA wants to jewify it.

>Dogs eat just vegetables in korea

Funny, again while I want South Korea to survive, I actually agree with you to a large extent.

North Korea is a totalitarian state. It is impoverished, and corrupt. It is brutal. But historical American and South Korean exaggerations about what conditions are like have ironically created more skepticism about the reality of life up there than is actually warranted. A case of the boy who cried wolf, essentially.

The old South Korean governments tried to indoctrinate South Koreans witha fear and horror of North Korean brutality, but while it was successful to a large extent once South Korea became a freer country in terms of what could be reported about the rival state, South Koreans soon realized that North Korea wasn't quite as bad as they had been told. Which results in people giving North Korea MORE benefit of the doubt than they deserve.

I'm sorry wat?

What? The North Koreans have conceded nothing so far. They have lost nothing by negotiating (yet).

Despite that there has never been more jews in charge in the USSR under Stalin's rule ?

85+% of all state officials in 1936 were jewish

How many jews are in charge of capitalism, of the USA, of France? Probably more than the amount of Jews in charge of Israel.

What else do you even think South has to offer for de-nuclearization than kicking US out of their country permanently? I'm sure many things would be nice for Kim, but nothing else is worth their nukes, and you are the only reason they even try to build them.

>malaysia
>part of east asia
>an actual nation and not a jungle colony of china's

You're probably a fucking chinaman shitposting from Malaysia. Hope it's fun.

You're deflecting everytime you answer me, I can't expect you to follow the conversation

Well they certainly don't follow the same diet as dogs here in the west, there is barely enough food to feed everyone, you can't expect them to give meat to the dogs multiple times a day

Is that supposed to be a counter argument ? Do you have sources to support that or is it just one of your belief ?

If they unify, they unify under capitalism, they know it and we know it, they are the backwards here and Kim wants to be the bigger men, now I'm just curious if they will let him.

If they believed that they could overrun you they would not be negotiating with you. The simple fact of the matter is people don't come to the negotiating table if they believe they are in a superior position. They will continue to press you diplomatically, economically, militarily until you come to the table.

I have seen all kinds of dog shit, they all stink the same, same with cats, meat eaters crap don't work as fertilizer, never did.

Who cares? Let them keep their uranium firecrackers. It's not like they're actually going to uphold the terms of any agreement barring them from nuclear capability anyhow.

I agree.

I don't think the South and North will ever completely unite anytime soon, but it may be possible to reach an economic agreement of the North providing cheap labor to the South.

Just imagine the damage you could do to China and Japan's economies.

Dunno, but commies are known to try all kind of retarded techniques for growing crops.

For everyone here:

Everyone knows US pop culture in general is a mongrel piece of degeneracy. There's memes about it all over the net.

That doesn't change the core issue that we SHOULD be discussing: that Communism is an IMMORAL way to govern people's lives.

It's not about the food. It's not about the money. It's not about the statistics. It's about freedom and doing what's right.

It's entirely possible to support Capitalist thought while being wary of US pop culture you know.

North Korea isn't as rich as other countries because they stay away from such systems. They don't want to deal with the USA and end up being called hermit for that (eventho they have relations with other countries).

The reality is that they are more independant and have a certain autonomy, and cultivate political and economical relations with country that have this autonomy and independance.

Right now the world isn't burning with wars, so it seems like South Korea is more successful, but if we look closely we can also realize how much their American ally is pushing for a deadly war in the peninsula. What I'm getting at is that their position is profitable but not necessarily long-lasting. The luxury that they benefit from might come to a bitter end sooner than you would think. And even if North Korea dies in the war, atleast they'll fight like free men, not like vassals.

>the North providing cheap labor to the South.
>imagine the damage you could do to China and Japan's economies

Imagine the damage it would do to your own.

I'm telling NK is heaven, but 19th century peasant life includes a decent diet.

This comment is a great example of the wishful thinking I was talking about. North Korea doesn't have to be 100% willing to fight a war of invasion tomorrow in order to extract substantial concessions: they just have to be more threatening to South Korea than South Korea is to them. The reality (that South Koreans are wealthy, soft and more fearful of war than their rivals) is practically undeniable at this point. If they weren't, they wouldn't be pulling out all the stops for the man who killed the Cheonan sailors and risking their alliance with the US in order to entertain the North.

What year are you living in? The US doesn't do low-wage manufacturing anymore.

So you're saying the USA and France are free of Jews in their government, that they don't have tremedous influence on them? And I'm supposed to "debate" with you? Listen, I'm not debating, I'm telling you what it is.

>I'm telling NK is heaven

But it isn't, even though you claim they have bigger houses, it all stops there. There are many reports from defectors describing their lives in NK, if you don't want to listen to US propaganda over life in the north, at least read those.

Deflecting again

The guy was talking about stalinism being "muh anti jewish ideology" and I pointed out that stalin was in fact the most jew-friendly leader in soviet history.

Now you're talking about US and France and whatever, just fucking stop man, your brain is rotting and you don't even realize it.

They aren't willing to fight period.

Kim established himself in a Kissingerian stalemate and from there he wanted to negotiate being integrated into successful Korea, all the things he did well will become apparent and his mistakes overlooked.

As he was a great men who ended a terrible regime.

The US itself doesn't want unification because the tension is our justification for keep s military presence in the area on our behalf.

If there is unification, there is no reason the Koreans will not say gtfo.

Yeah, a bunch of quasi-slave labor pouring across the borders helps everybody involved with such wondrous things like an increase in wages and living standards.

I fail to see how this benefits the common man in ROK. Corporate interests who always seek to exploit people to maximize profit, sure. But common folks...? Not in the slightest.

Yes, now I'm talking about who is the most jew-friendly leader in the current world, in the present. How is it deflecting anything? What answer do you want? You think that North Korea is more jew-friendly because in the 30s Stalin was with the Jews? Do you also want to talk about how Hitler was financed by plenty of Jews from wall-street?

Big if Q

>You think that North Korea is more jew-friendly because in the 30s Stalin was with the Jews?

Just stop, this is clearly a bait.

Absolutely I agree with you. I think most southern Koreans are also irked by just how unknowledgable most Americans who spout off about the DPRK-South conflict are and how self-centered most Americans are because they try to paint the conflict as primarily DPRK-US and sideline southern Korea into irrelevance. The typical American will casually talk about war with the DPRK over the most trivial issue while being totally callous for the disasterous loss of life this would inflict upon their southern "ally". The idea of dead southern Korean children doesn't bother them anymore than the idea of dead Iranian children. They simply view the existence of the DPRK and the way it thumbs its nose at Judeo-American civilization as an intolerable insult, they can't comprehend that despite the existence of the "obviously superior" southern colony, most DPRK citizens still prefer their own nation.

North Korean integration with South Korea would pull South Korea even further left than it has been already. Riots, labor unrest, demands for wealth redistribution from "pro-Japanese/American collaborators" etc. would all follow. It would be the end of the free market system here.

What are you talking about?

I only said there would be an economic cooperation between the two. I didn't say anything about movement of people.

You're not seeing the big picture.

The South doesn't do low-wage manufacturing anymore. Their economy is based on high-skilled manufacturing and engineering. They can keep the South doing what it does, but with the North, they can monopolize the low-wage manufacturing industries.

The South will lose nothing, since they're not involved with low-wage manufacturing, but they'll gain the low-wage manufacturing industries from the North. Their end-products can be priced more competitively without sacrificing profit margins.

What's fascinating particularly about expats living here is how they manage to simulataneously give off an air of both arrogant condescension and foolish weakness. This has the effect of both upsetting regular Koreans while inexplicitly also demoralizing their conservative allies.

For example, most foreigners I know (if they have political opinions about Korean politics), cheered to see Park Gun-hye fall, and cheered Moon's election even though he's obviously our enemy.

And yet... in their attitudes towards South Korea as a whole they still somehow manage to seem arrogant, condescending and insulting. I would swear they were on a mission to destroy the United States here from the way they behave and speak.

How the fuck is NK not a vassal of China if SK is one of the US??

Why do you people think that the unification process will happen overnight?
North and South leaders are not morons. They'll enact unification in waves.

More than likely, if they ever do reach an agreement, the first phase will be an economic cooperation between the two nations, where the North steals the low-kill manufacturing industries from other Asian nations.

As their incomes rise, then they may allow some people to move across borders.

The first phase could last several decades.