Bahamut Virgin Soul

Why did you hate the ending?

Retarded writer (female).

It renders everything the king did moot. Bahamut will rise again despite all "for the greater good" the king did. Also, Gabriel was clearly forshadowed as a bad guy but they never did anything with it.

what was the point of the war this faggot started ?

Nothing was resolved but everybody seemed okay with it.

Cheerios's character was all over the place.
If he really was an asshole, then him wanting to die to save the world makes no sense.
If he was a good guy within, then him acting like an asshole to everybody all the time makes no sense either.

What was the point of Mugaro's character? He seemingly lived and died only to turn the rest of the cast against the king...which was pretty poorly justified and then comes down to no consequences.

How come the gods and demons allowed Cheerios to keep ruling after everything? Because Bahamut was defeated? But that had NOTHING to do with the original reasons why they marched against him! Yet the world is suddenly turned into a downright utopia straight after, where everybody's friends.

Add to that how the ending shits all over the characters.
Nina choosing her love over the world is like a big fuck you to Favaro, who then isn't even allowed to see Amira again.
The way they dig up and rape Kaisar's corpse is as predictable as it is creepy and tasteless.
Let's not even bring up Jeanne and Azazel, who were presented as central characters in the beginning and then dismissed in a passing mention without achieving anything.

It's like the second cour and the first one were written by different people.

Did you rike it?

All of the suffering he caused, whether directly or indirectly served no purpose. And he got away with it practically scot-free. The two characters who least deserved a happy ending, got a magical bullshit one whilst everyone else suffered immensely. From demons, to gods, to humans in the city, the Onyx Knights, and Nina's "friends".

I hate what they did to Mugaro's character

Because Shadowverse sucks.

It was crazy. He was set up to be some kind of fucking jesus, with virgin birth, super special powers, "I must bring justice to the world!" and so on.
And then he just dies like a rat. What the fuck were they smoking?

I didn't, but then, I was expecting a mess, so it's not like I was disappointed.

As it was for me at least, the show kept me around with its really nice art style, character designs, setting, music, and the few fun bits every now and again, the story was garbage, but it wasn't unwatchable or anything, and it had enough going for it that I just didn't drop it.

Why did they hype up Lucifer so much?

Because he WOULD be super powerful if he'd actually done something other than sit on his ship, I think the most he does in that fight is help to stop one of Bahamut's laser blasts, and even then, I doubt he was putting his all into it considering how lazy he is.

Is lucifer stronger than satan?

It's less the ending and more that a lot of what came before was everything going around in circles and then by the end they were like "Oh yeah we need to get to Charioce's goal and do something with Bahamut" so they shoved it in at the end along with a bunch of other stuff and didn't do it as well as they could

I liked most characters aside from Alessand and even at the end the characters made things enjoyable by being fun to watch.

I have much less of a problem with stuff like Nina and Charioce than most people, but it was a bit too all over the place, particularly due to what I mentioned above about things going in circles.

I didn't

If anything this season gave favaro an excuse to do the same as nina, to say fuck you to the world and choose your loved one, in the end things work out

I don't know about in the shows universe, but I think in the actual lore lucifer is meant to be stronger.

Season 3: Everyone dies because of Nina, after Favaro copies her bad example

he stole the tech to kill bahamut from the gods, who were extreme cunts.

he was the true hero.

Once I believed...

Dude murdered, enslaved, started wars for a dubiously justified cause that was then shown to be completely pointless anyway. They could have redeemed it by doing some like Godfather III shit and noting that all his evil deeds and self justification were in the pursuit of something pointless but the tone of the ending doesn't suggest anything like that. Also Kaiser dying for him and becoming a zombie is some serious bullshit.

It should have been Nina jumping out and getting killed. And then Cheerios dies using the tech. That would have fixed it.

Nina was annoying and a retard
El Mugaro was a waste of time
Kaiser died
Favaro can't have his waifu again
Cheerios got away with everything
Martinet saved the word because "he wrote about it"

>Cheerios got away with everything
Name a single thing Cheerios did wrong. You can't.

t. A rank shitter

I hated pretty much everything about Virgin Soul, not just the ending.

>Show ignores the first season's portrayal of humans as almost powerless against Gods/Demons for a Humanity Fuck Yeah plot starring garbage Humanity Fuck Yeah King
>Nina's subplot was stupid.
>Jeanne gets reduced to a fucking baby maker and nothing more and even when she gets her powers back she gets fucking jobbed
>Favaro didn't even appear in the show until fucking Episode 9, and the plot suddenly throws away the ancient prophecy and Amira's sacrifice from S1 for "Well, it barely worked. Time for the King to hero up and get shit done now!"
>Kaiser didn't deserve that fucking ending

The show took everything good about Genesis and threw it in a dumpster fire. Fuck this show.

>If he really was an asshole, then him wanting to die to save the world makes no sense.
>If he was a good guy within, then him acting like an asshole to everybody all the time makes no sense either.
It's like you've never watched shojo or soap opera before.
It was a plain cliche when a character is a good person inside but acts like a cunt for some propose outside. He was a good guy who became Hitler to save the world from the Bahamut. He acted like a cunt to Nina to distance her from himself and danger. He was showing his kind side while he was just a random hot guy in disguise. It's retarded and bad written, yeah, but that's just an overused trope.

Existing.

The biggest bullshit was Favaro rotting in a prison for 10 years

Yeah. Fucking dude spent half of Genesis being Ginger Jack Sparrow. There's no way ANY prison could have held him for that god-damned long.

24 episodes to destroy everything the fanbase knew and loved about Genesis while writing a contrived soap opera that can only be described as Eva Braun x Hitler

Oh, and the central conflict was 100% pointless

I still don't get why they asked a soap opera writer to write an action adventure anime. Is like asking Sorachi to write a Nana ending.

Why didn't they hire the same writers as Genesis?

Annoying character which only explanation is "but he was wrote by a soap opera writer! He is perfect in that way!". That's why people who watch Twilight don't mix with people who watch The addiction.

I remember when we had hope. When Genesis ended with Favaro and Kaiser riding off, finally bros with all the shit between them settled, and hopes for a new fucking adventure on the horizon.

NOPE, here's a romantic drama. FUCK

Was he in there for the entire ten years? I figured he'd only been there for a few, considering Nina was definitely older in the flashback where she meets Favaro than when her dad died to Bahamut.

>And then he just dies like a rat. What the fuck were they smoking?
Bad things happen to good people; so you are unsatisfied with the plot? You must be underage. Smartphone Isekai would have been more to your taste.

It was extremely apparent this past season that Sup Forums has been flooded with underage who can't appreciate tragedy or nuance. I must be getting too old for this board, which saddens me because there is nowhere else to turn.

> "I must bring justice to the world!"

I kind of thought Baccus's outburst before El agreed to leave was going against that kind of mentality, everyone was hyping El up to be a saviour and someone born to bring peace, when Baccus cuts through and tells him that all that destined fate talk is garbage, and that he was born because he was a gift from Michael to Jeanne, it was to make her happy, nothing more, nothing less.

The "tragedy" only existed to make everyone look like villains and crazed lunatics opposing the one true champion of all life on the planet - Charioce. It was unbelievably disgusting to digest.

>Sorachi to write a Nana ending
That's a really poor example. Sorachi's drama is first-class when he gets serious.

It's not a tragedy, it's a shaggy dog story. It's built up for most of the show and then just discarded.

I'd be okay with them subverting expectations since Rage of Bahamut was always a bittersweet tail of not always getting what you want or even what you deserve. But this shit romance was so stupid and the writing was so bad at giving people fucking motivations that it was more than just a little off putting.

Fuck VS and fuck it especially for having the gall to sequel bait you into a shit S3. They really should feel ashamed.

Did you also find the character of Lelouche difficult to digest because he played the part of a villain/crazed lunatic, but did it for a good reason?
Only a brainlet wouldn't have realized Charioce was trying to stop the Rage of Bahamut, on a show called the Rage of Bahamut.

>Did you also find the character of Lelouche difficult to digest because he played the part of a villain/crazed lunatic, but did it for a good reason?
Yes.
>Only a brainlet wouldn't have realized Charioce was trying to stop the Rage of Bahamut, on a show called the Rage of Bahamut.
Hindsight etc. Fuck off.

Lulu was the MC in his show.
Cheerio was...I don't know? Some secondary character? A plot device? Nobody any viewer would give 2 shits about.

He didn't stop Bahamaut, though, since Bahamut can't be killed. Cheerios basically freed him, got the capital razed, and then solved his own mess. I have no idea how that makes him a hero.

>Also, Gabriel was clearly forshadowed as a bad guy
Not really.

At least the ending is a decent setup for a sequel (although the ending of Genesis promised something similar). All I want is a fun adventure story in this universe.

Not that user, but judging by the evidence we're given by the old guy helping Charioce we can guess that the seal was deteriorating and Bahamut would have been unsealed soon anyway.

At the very least Cheerios got him in basically one shot without him or Nina having to die.

If Charioce wasn't such a dink and built Dromos with the help of the angels and demons without having to kill them for it, Dromos would be a fantastic way to deal with Bahamut, just get two or maybe 3 people who are willing to risk one or more of their senses in order to shut Bahamut whenever it's looking to show up again.

>he believes the "Bahamut would have been unsealed soon anyway" meme

>1st OP to VS is "Let it end!"
>OP to Ousama Game has the line "This is the end!"
Coincidence. I think not.

Just going by what we actually see in the show, maybe that wasn't the case, but no other information had been given on what was happening there other than the old dude saying the seal was deteriorating and that the machine keeping the seal shut was going to nuke the continent if they kept it holding the seal up any longer.

The seal was deteriorating /= the seal was breaking naturally. The Onyx Knights closed the site off from the angels with airships and a paranormal tornado because if the angels found out what the Onyx Knights were doing to the seal within that 10 year period, they would have declared war immediately.

The angels might have been able to help strengthen the seal, sure, the old guy even says that they should ask the angels for help with it back in one of the teen episodes, but as it is, Cheerios wasn't having that.

> What the Onyx knights were doing to the seal

What were they doing? Again, all the info we get is that the seal is deteriorating despite their efforts. Maybe there was some kind of other shit going on, but since we aren't actually told that and it's not really implied, we can't really say beyond what's already been said, at least not without it just being guessing at the story and not really canon.

I know this has been repeated ad nauseam, but why didn't Charioce let anyone know about his plan?. All he had to say was "Bahamut's coming back soon.We need to do something." Even if the angels and demons refused to help, there's no reason he couldn't tell the capital about it.
Hell, if Jeanne hadn't declared war, then the capital would have still been populated when Cheerios brought Bahamut back.

Eh, who knows, I remember some user talking a while back about how trying to get the other races to properly listen to his plans + making them work together would have been a political shitstorm that would have eaten up way too much time to be worth it, but I mean, he didn't even try, so who knows how well it may have actually worked.

How hard would it have been to drop a couple lines of exposition to explain this stuff? They could have even used it has a chance to paint Cheerios in a better light, but they didn't.

It really feels like they planned out the first half of the season, and then couldn't decide what direction to take it in the second half and panicked. The story decisions made are baffling.

The main reason I fucking hate the ending is that Charioce and Nina barely sacrifice anything to stop Bahamut again.

>Charioce loses his eyesight, but he's still king, he's not in exile, and nobody's coming to kill him or fuck with him. Plus, he got a wife out of it. Compared to Favaro losing his leg and his love (and getting no credit for it) he gets off fucking scot free.
>Nina loses her voice and she can't talk to her husband personally... But she's the queen, her power problems are sorted out, and if she really wants to talk to talk to her husband they can hire someone to SPEAK THE WORDS SHE WRITES. She's mute, not completely incapable of speech. Again, she came out pretty fucking good.

Then you look at what everyone else had to sacrifice because Charioce is a dipshit who can't fucking communicate with anyone and needed to solve his fucking daddy issues:

>The Gods lost their fantasy-Jesus for no good reason as well as a huge piece of Heaven and a shitload of their kind.
>The Demons are still suffering the aftereffects of dipshit Charioce's plans and lost the fantasy-Jesus they'd helped raise and conceal which could have helped bridge the gap and broker a piece.
>The rest of humanity is still firmly on the shitlist of the above two.
>All three lost a lot of people for no good fucking reason outside of Charioce's daddy issues.
>Jean lost her only child and barely even saw him for a long while because Charioce is an asshole, after being thrown out of the Order she championed in disgrace.
>Favaro lost his only shot at freeing Amira or even saying goodbye to her in person, lost his best friend, and lost all that time in prison.
>Rita lost the one human man who kept her giving a shit about her life.
>Kaiser lost everything, since he's now a fucking zombie... After losing his good name (which he'd finally earned back) because Charioce was being a fucking toolbox.

Everybody looses out fucking hard except King Dingaling and Nina. FUCK THEM

Azazel gained a waifu.

CONTINUING, BECAUSE CHARACTER LIMIT

And keep in mind that all this shit is because Charioce is fucking around and doesn't want to play nice with the Gods and Demons which helped Humanity SEAL BAHAMUT TEN YEARS AGO. All of this shit happened because Charioce had a "plan" to be king shit and kill Bahamut for good, but did nothing to go about engaging in the plan in any way which didn't piss off EVERYONE INVOLVED IN SEALING HIM PREVIOUSLY.

Jesus fuck I hate this plot.

Don't forget we are supposed to feel happy that Cheerios and Nina are together, if a bit sad they can't talk directly while the rest of the cast doesn't matter

Yeah, fuck Favaro and the rest, Nina and Charioce have to talk through an interpreter THEY CAN EASILY AFFORD TO HIRE. FUCK.

Like, the worst part is that the ending to Genesis did sacrifice RIGHT:

>Favaro loses a limb, Amira.
>Amira is trapped in Bahamut, essentially losing her life after having most of her hope ripped out of her.
>Kaiser loses a limb, his revenge on Azazel
>Jeanne has lost her holy blessing and faith

And Favaro, Kaiser, and the rest don't get to take credit for their deed. After all the struggle and sacrifice, NOBODY could see how or why Bahamut was gone. The only thing Favaro gained out of the whole adventure was a lost limb and his best friend back.

No parades. No glory, adoration, or fortune. Just the ability to ride for the horizon in search of adventure and a bunch of heartache he didn't have before, despite the fact that he saved the day and it cost him so much pain and anguish.

THAT'S what the hero got. That's why Genesis had such a superior ending. And Virgin Soul shits all over that to give us Blind Devotion to Hitler: A Love Story and dares to give it a happy ending for the genocidal maniac who kicked off the plot in the first place while fucking over basically everyone.

This. And let me add to it: As part of his ridiculous plan to aggro the gods and solo Bahamut, he gave his extremely loyal Onyx Knights a cancer which gave them horrendous deaths.

>woman writter thinks you can get away with all that shit because you're hot

Holy shit, I have only stopped at episode 14 or something and I thought so far second season has been pretty fucking good.
But what the fuck is this shit?

I thought Sup Forums liked edgy endings with the bad guy winning. Why is there so much salt itt?

Damn, you know I never realized how fucking angry this ending made me until I sat down and thought about. Like, I was kinda pissed because it sucked, but I'd never really processed it before.

But fucking the ending would have been a million times better if some of the tragedy spilled onto the Nina/Cherioce dynamic. Like, Nina wakes the fuck up and sees what he's doing and starts throwing ultimatums at him, while he's torn between his love for her and the path he's chosen.

Then, you know, because life had to suck for everyone else, have Nina ditch him for sticking to his path, have his Onyx Knights die onscreen, and have him exiled in disgrace when the Gods come back PISSED now that the Humans can't fight back anymore.

I'm not saying I didn't like Cherioce's balls in maintaining his path, but that sort of reckless behavior NEEDS an utter ruination at the end of the character arc. You have done what you have sought, here's the price your tyranny has bought sort of shit.

Welcome to the train wreck, motherfucker.

Everyone except Nina and Charioce gets fucked hard, and Nina and Charioce kill Bahamut through the power of WUV and he gets no comeuppance for all his actions throughout the series.

FUCKING ENJOY.

Edgy endings are great when properly crafted. VS is just poorly written.

Obligatory post

Needs more minion stomp.

Gods are cunts
Demons are cunts
Charioce did nothing wrong

S1
>Gods are busy
>Demons are cunts
>Humans are eternally preyed upon by Demons

S2
>Gods are not busy anymore but they're doing whatever
>Demons magically aren't cunts anymore. Poor Demons.
>Humans are either the new Demons or just autistic cunts.

VS needs to die.

Gods are Cunts
Demons are Slaves
Charioce seeks to become the GodKing of Cunts

I'll also accept that.

CHEERIOS GOT AWAY WITH EVERYTHING
bahamut is dead

Virgin Soul cakey.
At least they could improve one thing from Genesis.

>Be an asshole
>Revive Bahamut just because
>"Kill" him with stolen tech/magic
>Slaughter angels and demons with impunity
>Turn dragon bitch into a love struck retard
>Come out of it all just losing your sight

That's about as close as an antagonist can come to comprehensively winning.

Best waifu

I didn't know this was a thing. And honestly, S1 caykey looks a lot more appetising.

>comparing Lelouch to Cheerios
Fuck off

IF by some miracle RoB gets a third season, how would you change it? Just bring back everything that made S1 great?

Fucking Martinet gets the last laugh.

>female
That's explain everything

It was a solid 8/10 until the last couple of episodes.

Just make it about something else entirely, like what they're doing with Grea.

Pretend Virgin Soul never happened. Continue where Season 1 ended

S1 had less aesthetic, but actually looks like it could feed multiple people.

>IF by some miracle RoB gets a third season
It will get S3.
>how would you change it?
>Just bring back everything that made S1 great?
You're forced to write around S2, unfortunately. You can't have bounty hunting hijinks because that is not how it works anymore. Honestly, I would shit as hard as I could on Kaisar, just have him and Rita walk this painful thorny path where he loses even more of his humanity just to give him some sort of happy ending or at the very least vindication in the end. They deserve better.

Also, I would completely shit all over the power couple, I would make Bahamut's revival something very apparent from the beginning of S3. Everyone would rebel against these shitheads and force them to flee in disgrace. There would be no happy ending for Nina and breakfast cereals.

Favaro is big question mark because he was imprisoned for the better part of a decade. Where do you go from there? Bounty hunting is a no-go since that isn't what the show is about anymore. Probably put him on a quest to help Kaisar.

Final Boss of S3: Martinet, after the big reveal that Cheerios was just the most useful idiot of S2.

They need to recognize and improve upon S1's strengths. S1 was by no means perfect, and was in itself riddled with really bad problems. But people were so enamored by the Pirates of the Carribean-esque flair the early episodes had that the flaws were able to be overlooked.
Virgin Souls dumps the likeable elements and focuses entirely on the boring, unoriginal plot-heavy fantasy tropes story that only took up the latter half of S1.
Why the fuck they chose that direction for VS is beyond me, but if they do a S3, they need to go in the opposite direction from VS.

Long but worth the read. You nailed it 100% my brother

It was a good ending. It only hit home what they sacrified when they started dancing and he could never look or hear her again.

>And he got away with it practically scot-free.

muh karma!

He didn't revive bahamut. pay attention

They can't return to anything that even remotely feels like S1, user, not the dynamics, not the characters and certainly not the atmosphere. One major theme was loss of innocence, hence the bittersweet finale and having Amira lock Bahamut away. S2 tries to follow up on this but fails to develop the story to any significant degree other than having the Bahamut threat looming around again. S2 also did some completely retarded things like redeeming the Demons and making that shitcunt Azazel the good guy for some fucking unknowable reason, so to my mind writing around this is one of the major challenges about S3.

Right now, you have the prophecy thing going. We once thought the hero was Favaro, it was now hinted to be Cheerios but the truth is that the hero still has to appear to unJUST anime Middle Earth.

Best soupu

Stick to my man Favaro as THE MAIN GOD-DAMNED character. Retcon Kaiser's zombification to be the Rita-type, to fuck with the shippers and have more fun with that. Write out Nina and Charioce, except maybe as a cameo.

Bahamut's still there, so retcon the FUCK out of her "final" sacrifice. Favaro's looking to find a way for her, Kaiser and Rita tag along, and then maybe add in some bullshit about getting some magic amulet or something to get Kaiser and Rita at least LOOKING alive.

Jeanne, having now learned that Favaro was the actual hero (and holy balls does she HATE that) starts tracking him down separately because they need the guy who fought Bahamut with a fucking sword, not king douchnozzle and his uberwife so that shit can stay coordinated this time.

FUCKING HIJINKS. Maybe with Kaiser being like "Death couldn't keep me from revenge. AZAZEL!"

Yeah. Didn't know how tilted I was til I thought about it, but there you go.

Why do you hate Charioce but love Azazel when Azazel is objectively more evil?

Wrong

The suffering list could be longer with Gabriel and the angel and human deaths in battles, but I don't feel like doing any more