Chapter 176: Butchering Him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=77q0LtXSDrE
youtube.com/watch?v=5J7yxCNhlHE
ign.com/articles/2000/10/24/grappler-baki-import-review
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Koushou: You want to kill him...?
>K: It's...
>K: Not like you, to say something like that, Baki-san.

>Baki: I don't know if I've said anything like it too often.
>K: Well,
>K: Doppo-san said to me...
>Doppo: Whether or not that man...
>D: Is the real Miyamoto Musashi?

>D: Look, that kind of thing is difficult.
>D: The most important thing here...
>D: Is that his strength is the same as the real deal!
>K: ...He said.

>K: Doppo, who really faced him down,
>K: Expressed that sentiment.
>K: He really meant it.
>K: The man unrivalled under the sun...
>K: Rather than defeat him or win against him, you want to kill him?

TN: The word used for "faced him down" here is the past form of "tachiai". From the previous chapter's wording (Musashi's usage of "tachiai"), this is likely signalling the idea that Doppo 'properly faced' Musashi. Can't possibly imagine how I'll convey any of this in the scanlations.

>B: Yeah.
>B: To kill him.
>B: To bury him.
>B: To butcher him.
>B: Thank you.

>B: He can't be allowed to live.

>Cops: He went in...
>C: "Discreetly tail him"...
>C: This is ridiculous.

>C: Here, the suspect ______. Over.
>C: Here, ______
>C: ___ the suspect. Over.
>C: Suspect's whereabouts:
>C: Ward __, Town ___. Address is ____...
>C: He went into a manhole.

>Musashi: A Ryuukyuuan habu...
>M: Better than mamushi.

TN: They're apparently both very specific types of Japanese snakes and I just don't care

>M: Hmm.
>M: There's no shortage of things to eat here.

>M: Heh-heh.
>M: He's eating well...

>M: Have you gotten even taller, Pickle?

End chapter.

"Meccha" is a youthful slang prefix which just means "super" or "totally" or whatever. Something like "meccha tanoshii" would equate to "way fun" in English.

Itagaki sez:

I want to cut down on my saying things like "meccha". I use them to the point that it makes me look really uneducated.

Thanks man.

that image always makes me smile

imagine musashi doing this to your dong

fug I missed the previous chapters. Did Hanayama actually die?

Is this guy autistic?

Sorry i might be autistic.meant to post this.youtube.com/watch?v=77q0LtXSDrE

He's in the hospital, he will be fine in a while. Kureha said he set a new record for number of stitches received.

jesus christ

I unironically had a hearty laugh while listenign to this as i was working out earlier,the baki community attracts some pretty good and comfy discussion on Sup Forums but some pretty autistic shit as well.

I am so fucking terrified by the idea that that person is here
I
I need more pills

You're such a homo, user.

Come on he's just (admittedly autistically) overanalyzing a manga he likes, he looks like a chill guy.

Do not worry about that,at least the dude ispretty hilarious in an autistic way,watching the video on pills might actually be entertaining .I am more scared of all the normalfags that flood these threas once the anime airs on motherfucking netflix of all places.
We need to at least enjoy ourselves and keep these threads as comfy as possible until then because soon enough we will all need to od on xanax and zoloft if we are to keep our sanity,

>once the anime airs on motherfucking netflix of all places.
I didn't need to know this. It's going to be JoJo all over again, on a smaller scale.

Both Baki and JoJo fall into the same niche and they might attract the exact same crowd,soon these threads will be the new jojo threads.

Yes, that's why I instantly made the association. I can already picture people liking Baki ironically and meme compilations flooding yt already.

You know, a thought did occur to me, just now. If we don't sub the anime and just let it coast until it releases on Netflix US, that'd probably minimize the damage. I don't think that I've ever seen a case of significant growth in discussion of a series immediately after it aired on Netflix and far after it was fan-subbed. That kind of delay seems to take the wind out of the bandwagoners' sails, as best as I'm aware.

But would that be worth the [non-]effort/sacrifice?

>If we don't sub the anime and just let it coast until it releases on Netflix US, that'd probably minimize the damage.
Wishful thinking.
But I don't think it's gonna be that bad either, Baki's a lot more crude than JoJo, I don't see them having the same fallout.
Golden Kamuy though, now that's something that will go to shit.

I'm aware you're the only guy in the anglosphere translating Baki but how can you be sure some random group will not hop on it anyway? The first two seasons were well know, at their time.
I would be willing to wait it out anyway but I tend to agree with

Most people that will watch it will do so on on Netflix anyways. Wasn't it announced that the anime will debut on netflix before it even debuts on japanese tv?Chances are that they will release the whole season in one go so luckily maybe that won't attract that much attention as it would on a weekly basis and most normalfags will just stick to their seasonal garbage.
Either way i just hope netflix won't dub it since whenever they do they can't help themselves but to add some political/SJW undertone.

>Either way i just hope netflix won't dub it since whenever they do they can't help themselves but to add some political/SJW undertone.
Oliva is a black man in jail with an obese girlfriend. That's some explosion hazard, if they get to it.

I really like the name of baki anime clips on youtube

>jack hammer distiny anime fight
>katsumi orochi vs red ape HD anime fight
>even an army wont stop the king anime fight
>how to build a better monster anime fight part 2
>when you talk wrong with the king anime fight
>the white belt takes out the black one anime fight HD
>the most perfect body in anime fight
>mma vs doctor style anime fight part1
>look at my muscles anime fight
>hanma yujiro let the bodies hit the floor AMV anime fight HD

If some group wants to sub it, that's fine, too. But sub groups don't really exist anymore. I mean, they're all either dead or do one show a season at a delayed rate. Unless something utterly bizarre happens, like HnG people busting onto the scene, I don't see how Baki could get subbed.

Strong si beautiful

wtf i love RZA now

I'M STILL IN A DREAM

>mfw those are the real titles

Missed this one.
youtube.com/watch?v=5J7yxCNhlHE

Thanks for the translation user.

A dream that, one day, every person in this nation will control their own destiny

You are always welcome.

It's the sweetest romance of all times, don't even dare to drench it with nigger memes.

Glad you guys enjoyed that one.

Strong is Beautiful.

Jesus Japan, what's up with your canalization system?

Please don't tell me they're fucking gonna fight again, just get this Musashi shit over with.

two and a half volumes of pickle and musashi dicking around in the sewers eating flushed goldfish while every living character in the series tries to convince baki to not kill musashi

>implying Musashi won't be around for at least another 200 chapters

Even the mighty Memetobe could not force him out of the story.

Motahbee will protect You-geerow

Screencap this because it’s fucking happening.

>It's the sweetest romance of all times
>You will never have a husbando as good as Oliva
>eating flushed goldfish
I am more worried about whatever the fuck they flush judging by those skellies in here

Lizards and shit, it's explained before they lured out Pickle out of the sewers before he faced Musashi, that japanese kids flushing down their overgrown reptiles made the sewers a jungle.

Let's take a moment for us to recall the Baki the Grappler PS2 fighting game ING review:

ign.com/articles/2000/10/24/grappler-baki-import-review

Well the little discussions there are on Sup Forums, it's rare any Baki thread lives for longer than 100 posts, and I'm stretching it by a lot.

>For the love of Miyamoto, do not import this game.

Don't forget the assholes of the wildfang project, they are still at it.

>>For the love of Miyamoto
Fucking Memesashi ruining muh Baki from beyond the time.

Hokuto no Gun are actually great candidates to sub baki.

So if anyone want's the old anime and didn't download it before Nyaa was down, I can create a torrent again and upload it.

I'm not really keen on the old anime, but I guess other people in these threads could have a go at it.

I was a casual when I got into it and watched it on youtube. Don't feel like rewatching it again.

>Chapter 176
there are only 134 on the various reading sites, where the fuck to I read the rest? Am I retarded or something?

Why is Baki more salty about Hanayama getting wounded in a fight he started himself than about Retsu getting killed?

Not actually scanlated. Only translated on Sup Forums in threads.

I think it's more about Baki reaching the breaking point with Hanayama, he was destroyed by Retsu's death, but in a way he also accepted it because he knew Retsu was gambling everything in that battle.
With Hanayama he probably just lost it after all the aggressions on Doppo, Pickle and whoever else.

Oh, thanks for the quick answer. Guess I'll leaf through the archives a little

This is so embarassing it hurts to read.

Aren't they doing this just to spite you at this point? You're the only one that matters anyway.

Retsu is chinese.

NOTHIN PERSONNEL, SNEK

And?

I don't think this is about Hanayama specifically, just a recognition of what Musashi is.

as awesome as I am, I'm not the one translating, but I hate WFP all the same.

I agree. On this note I feel like Baki has become more mature and detached, he doesn't event look excited about the imminent fight with Musashi, he has outgrown the shonen mc tropes. He recently noticed how is body is becoming stronger with each passing day despite him not training, recalling Yujiro's internal monologue I think Baki is going down the same path of loneliness as his father.

I sort of get what he means, if I play with cheats it's fun for a few minutes then I immediately lose interest in the game, even if I could enjoy it for hours playing fairly.

Yuujiro has cheats in real life and can't turn them off.

Behind his facade Yujiro figure can be seen as a tragic. He really is a well done character.

He needs Takamura's speech about being on top, can't recall on what chapter it was.

>Yuujiro is Jack Skellington

I'm betting after (if ever) we're done with Musashi this will be one the next plot points. Assuming we'll see more talk of the Hanma bloodline it would be very fitting.

chapter 1173

Would be good to see, we don't know how Yuichiro solved his isolation problem, but Yujiro decided to have a son to have fun with.

Wonder what Baki's answer will be, asking Tokugawa for crazier adversaries with whatever mean science/magic can provide?

Why doesn't he just get into something other than fighting where his good genes don't matter? Like cooking.

He could be ending ward all over the place and being a super hero.

I don't see many ways this series has to go to anymore, I mean while completely insane it doesn't go the ways of DB or something where adversaries can just drop out of space and raise the powerlevel demand.

Either another dude conjured by questionable means who was the master of X
Some nigga somehow not yet observed shows up and is master of X
Against my ramble, Sci-Fi shit starts happening.
Massive timeskip, Baki Jr. does it all allover again.

Then again even without the obligatory weirdo of the Series, like in the last two, there are still countless fights I'd love to see regardless but I don't believe they will ever get adressed, just like how Jack Hammer has become a joke/jobber character after the criminal arc.