So now that the dust has settled, what did Sup Forums think of Macross Delta?

So now that the dust has settled, what did Sup Forums think of Macross Delta?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-29/macross-gets-new-tv-anime-in-2018-35th-anniversary-project/.111595
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First cour was 10/10, it was on its way to becoming the best Macross show ever. Second cour was dragged out, lacking in content and dull, basically a huge disappointment (other than best girl winning).

what would happen if you licked Frejya's alien antenna

Decent potential, completely wasted. The fact that you can summarize all of Windermere (aside from Freja, who is a traitorous rogue cake) as "muh wind" and "muh apples" doesn't help.

For what it's worth, the girls were cute.

Complete waste my time.
Only songs are worth for it so i recommend people just download/buy the CDs, if anyone here still not touched Delta yet.

I just want a Macross with Delta's character designs, 7's writing, and Frontier's standard for music.

Dropped after 12 episodes, what a piece of crap
Still listen to Ikenai Borderline occasionally though

It was fun. The dialogue was awful with all the "muh sky" shit, the plot fell apart towards the end and the non-ending sucked but other than that I liked it. The music is the best in the series too.

I feel like they hired a writer who can't even write a fucking love triangle in this show.

I was really obvious who won when Mirage became a background character.

like was saying at least the girls were cute

yeah the Mirage relegation almost felt like bullying.

Delta at best has 2 good songs. I wasn't expecting it to beat a Yokko Kanno ots but I can't think of any song from Delta that can rank with the best of frontier

The bullying started from the get-go.

Pic related.

Freyja is the cutest Macross girl but Delta blew its entire load in the first cour

It was an amazing first cour though. Remember when her Rune went Pika Pika and she did that running jump off the ledge to certain death while singing the OP?

I should feel luck Mikumo(i like her) never involved this """""triangle""""", otherwise with this crap writer she would just become different version of Mirage.

It had problems from the beginning, but still had a lot of potential and then completely crashed and burned in the second cour.

I don't really remember and like any song from it except Ikenai Borderline and IchiDake.
Also, RunePika, but it's extremely irritating.

Should I watch symphogear or macross delta?
I want a show with good songs but no CGDCT anime where you have to turn your brain off to enjoy it, so it has to have something resembling a plot.

Delta is great. It leans heavier on the side of music than action, though.

Watch Frontier.

These desu

First cour was very fun and enjoyable with many good songs overall but second cour ruined everything. Still had decent songs though.

It ahd a lot of problems adn the second cour pretty much dropped every single character not named Hoina for development so it was annoying.

This. I really wanted it to be good, but it just fell apart.

We're getting a new Macross in 2018 right?

Symphogear for mindless enjoyment, Delta for a clusterfuck of "serious plot" with some enjoyment.

Both have its fair share of great songs

AKB0048. Or Symphogear or Frontier, they're all a good watch.

Delta's okay, but a step below them.

Which one has the best girls

It's still the worst Macross TV series

AKB0048 should've cranked up the soviet style oppression and suffering.

>Been over a year since Delta premiered
>Been almost two years since Delta launched
>It's already going to be replaced
What went wrong?

Still getting at least a movie.

Speaking of which, we should be getting more information on that soon, right?

We never know what the future will bring.

It's better than 7

>not liking PIKATTO RUN GA HIKAREBA
Shit taste detected

All things related to Delta should just be declared damnatio memoriae. With any luck it will end up like Tsukihime.

Believe that there's a silver lining.

DYRL > F > SDF > Plus > Delta > 7 > Zero

Given that it was just an extended AKB48 commercial AKB0048 was better than it ever had any right to be.

God-tier episode.

This ranking is shit because DYRL doesn't stand on its own without having watched SDF. Also 7 was better than Delta despite being deeply flawed.

Hated how they resolved that love triangle. Made me angry.

>AKB0048
My brother.

The thing is, it could have been really great maybe even a contender for AOTY with some changes.

7 > SDF > DYRL > F Movies > Delta > F TV

It's a shame about Delta since the first half was the best Macross had ever been. Also the OVAs are shit.

I hope the movie has new Walkure songs

>with some changes
Such as? I didn't have any real issues with the first half, it absolutely was my AotY. S2 had a couple weak episodes early on (2 & 3) but was otherwise still fantastic.

Why do people hate May'n now? She's still really good after all these years.

Giri Giri ai was fucking amazing, but the show dragged on in all honesty.

Reminder that there is a new Macross series next year.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-29/macross-gets-new-tv-anime-in-2018-35th-anniversary-project/.111595

I know that Delta is getting a movie, but the fact that they announced a new TV series just 4 months after Delta ended does give the implication that they want people to forget about Delta.

I'm really hoping that Kawamori will be too busy with his NEXT project and leave the new series to other people.

WHERE IS MY HAYAFRE KISS

Inferior to 0048 in every.single.way

How could Satelight fuck up Delta that badly when they already perfected the formula?

Because someone decided that instead of having battle mahou-shoujo idols, crazy battroid dances and lots of fun like it was in the first episode Delta should be about politics, war drama and MUH WIND.

>I'm really hoping that Kawamori will be too busy with his NEXT project and leave the new series to other people.
Just like he did with Logos, right? That anime was so wonderful and ended being a big success. I don't know a single franchise which got better after its original creator left.
Kawamori didn't even want to have conflict in Delta. It was producer and director who talked him to add it. The same director decided it was a great idea to have this shittiest triangle without any dynamics.
Kawamori is far from perfect and he loves to fuck things up. But he still is the only person who knows what Macross is and should be about. He is still sane (unlike for example Tomino) and I'm sure he can make good Macrosses.

Best entry in the franchise hands down
More like Delta made them enough money to make them want to do more

Frontier made a lot more money than Delta. It's not even comparable. Yet we still waited 8 years for the next TV.

It was actually revealed in one of interviews that Kawamori wanted to make Macross shows more often, but producers wanted to have a bigger pause between entries. I think they didn't want Macross to become completely streamlined like Gundam with shitty anime every year which gradually brings the quality of franchise down. They probably wanted to rely on few but very successful shows. Then Delta came out and it didn't become a big hit. So producers were probably like "yeah, big pauses didn't work. Time to follow Gundam's route." And now we have Delta movie, new TV announced, several manga published, novel, PSVita game, mobile idol game, etc, etc, etc. They are making money while they still can make money.

Cutest toddler

Wasted potential

If all that is true then Delta literally is killing macross. Oh well it had a good run

This succubus should've more screentime than muh wind

Reminder that by now Freyja should be dead and burried

burried in my dick

FREYJA IS THE BEST MACROSS GIRL

>but the fact that they announced a new TV series just 4 months after Delta ended does give the implication that they want people to forget about Delta.
Or it's because it's the 35th anniversary and they kind of fucked up the 30th so they want to make things clear. I mean, you don't give something a movie if you want people to forget about it.

Like Macross II

>Delta literally is killing macross
Not with those sold out concerts

More news on Monday, plus there'll be a Walkure concert. Apparently, Kawamori will be directing the movie.

Do you really want one Macross every 8 years? Are you sure that you will be still interested in anime in 8 years or won't kill yourself?

>Delta movie
>Macross 2018 (probably 2 cour)
>The Next (2 cour)
Hopefully it goes better than the last time Kawamori had a lot on his plate.

>Do you really want one Macross every 8 years?
I mean they were already doing that to begin with

>Kawamori didn't even want to have conflict in Delta.
Can you elaborate on this?

>As the singers became a kind of unit inDeltaI was thinking of having the variable fighters as a team as well and focusing on the teamwork between the two groups. Before this plan was completed, I had an idea for a competition in terms of air combat. As this kind of competition exists within an air force, like a numbers of air force squadrons competing with one another.
>For that premise there was no Var Syndrome, just these girl singers harmonizing with an air combat team and get themselved empowered by their songs. However, during that period the sponsor asked to have an obvious enemy in the story.
>If there was no enemy, then I could possibly show a wide range of representation in piloting the variable fighters with a great degree of skill, so something likeMacross Plus.

That could have been really fun.

It was okay, nothing special just "average", really should focused more on combat singing and Hayate dancing like Episode 1 had.

Mikumo was the best girl and she basically stole the whole show with sheer charisma.

>Then Delta came out and it didn't become a big hit.
What fucking koolaid are you drinking? Delta was a huge success in Japan. It had the highest selling BD sales of Spring 2016 beating the overhyped Koutetsujou no Kabaneri by a mile. Its music albums were also some of the top grossing that year. Their toyline and other merchandise aren't doing half as bad either. Just because Sup Forums and some retarded western viewers didn't like it doesn't mean it didn't do well.

And please stop using the "Frontier made a lot more money than Delta" argument because that's really not a fair or valid comparison. Japan's economy and the anime industry a decade ago was very different from what it is today. Not to mention it has only been a year since Delta ended while Frontier already capitalized for almost 10 after its airing.

Not in muh Robotech!

I miss those three loser Zentradi that hooked up with the bridge bunnies.

You mean Warera, Rori, and Konda? IIRC only one of them hooked up with a bridge bunny.

Also there was another interview:

>Now, I’d like to ask you about Macross ∆ (2016). How did you come to be appointed as the director for the show?
>Yasuda: I got the call quite early on, back when people were saying “Kawamori is starting a new Macross series,” back when he still hadn’t decided on the direction it would take. At first, it was going to be something like a ‘club activities’ story, with a competition involving air combat…

>So not something involving war?
>Yasuda: Right. But because it’s Macross, (line producer) Eguchi Kouhei and I talked him out of it, like “It’s better to have an adversary, don’t you think?” (laughs). Because Macross F had those bugs, the Vajra, as enemies, we figured that “this time, the opponents should also be people,” and the Aerial Knights were born from that.

The blonde one, right? Very pleased she got that much development. Macross bridge bunnies haven't been the same since then.

>aerobatics competitions with the Aerial Knights
Best of both worlds.

I heard that the director didn't really want a love triangle but had to put one in because of stakeholders? I dunno, I only heard it here so..

Still from the beginning there was never a fight to at all really. It was just pure bullying to Mirage by halfway point of the show. I don't know why they had to do that really. It was so unnecessary. If they really didn't want to put a love triangle in, then just don't put it in. Otherwise it's a waste of character and time.

If Heinz doesn't get a happy ending with his big bro in the movie I will skin Kawamori alive.

>I heard that the director didn't really want a love triangle but had to put one in because of stakeholders?
Kawamori was the one who proposed taking out out one of the 3 key elements particularly the love triangle. But the producers wanted to keep that. That's why Delta's was pretty bland and showed the obvious winner early on.

it trainwrecked a bit but overall not as bad as people say. I have some hope for the upcoming content. I think the setting and cast have some potential to make a decent sequel.

So did the show suffer because of Kawamori's decision to do that?

>Implying you'll get new songs since JUNNA went solo

Mirage is one of the most wasted character designs I have ever witnessed. Kawamori should be shot.

The story had lots of potential, problem is the writing in the anime was utter shit. Keith's manga did a great job developing the Windermere characters and their casus belli and the novel fixed Mirage and gave her something to do other than hang around in the background making sad faces.

She is incredibly hot, yes. This show was such a fucking travesty.

>Implying you can't do group songs while having a solo album
Faggot singers in the Japanese music industry aren't restricted to do that.

>It had the highest selling BD sales of Spring 2016
What is Reddit:Zero?
And no need to talk about difference in economy. More popular shows make more money. It's really that simple and you don't even need to compare economy state or DVD/BD/CD sales. Delta was successful, but nowhere close to Frontier and not big enough to justify 8 year break. You should re-read my post because you clearly completely missed the point. There was no point in waiting for 8 years. Delta would probably make the same amount of money if it was released 5 years ago.

From the same interview:

>Time really does fly, doesn’t it? (laughs) What’s the (love) triangle like this time?
>Yasuda: The main triangle consists of Freyja, Hayate and Mirage—we’re aiming for something that feels good, without the syrupy or muddled aspects that you often see in those midday soaps. I want a romance where the viewers feel like they want to watch over these characters.

This what makes me really annoyed
>feels good
>without the syrupy or muddled aspects
>I want a romance where the viewers feel like they want to watch over these characters.
No one felt good after finishing Delta. Who let this person direct it? Instead of finding someone good Satelight decided to pick their in-house director whose previous experience consists of Shugo Chara and two shitty manga adaptations I never even heard about.

Freyja andd her reactions saved the show, i'm still waiting for a remake of the original or plus

>Mirage is one of the most wasted character designs I have ever witnessed
Nothing was wasted because there was nothing to waste. MIrage's character designer literally re-used design from her previous game (Ex Trooper). That's how little everyone cared about her.

>What is Reddit:Zero?
Doesn't sound like you were following the sales report that season. Delta did better than in BD sales. Not saying that Re: Zero didn't do well but it wasn't the best seller for Spring and was a close second from what I recall.

> It's really that simple and you don't even need to compare economy state or DVD/BD/CD sales.
Oh but you do. The economy does matter as really affects consumer spending. Yes, more popular shows make more money. But anime BD sales are nothing to like it was a decade or even 5 years ago. Only extremely popular shows such as Love Live can hit those numbers. Heck even Gundam is not hitting its usual BD sales for its tv series save for maybe Build Fighters.

>Delta was successful, but nowhere close to Frontier and not big enough to justify 8 year break.
What basis is your claim that 8 years wasn't justified? It was 15 years between Macross 7 and Frontier but no one really complained. You do realize Kawamori was trying to release a new Macross tv series in 2013 for the 30th anniversary? It got shelved since a second Frontier movie was produced and Big West still wanted to milk Frontier more. Instead the Macross 30 game was released.

>You should re-read my post because you clearly completely missed the point.

I don't need to re-read it since I understood it the first time. Your conclusion are based on pure speculation without verifying any facts. You assumed that Delta wasn't a big hit when it was quite the opposite. Producing a new tv series and a movie version doesn't mean Delta flopped or didn't do well enough. They obviously want to capitalize on Delta's popularity and perhaps want to expand the Macross franchise further. Especially since Harmony Gold will lose their stranglehold on the international rights on the franchise by 2021.

>Delta would probably make the same amount of money if it was released 5 years ago.
This is another baseless claim.

But she wins in the end since freya will die in like 8 years

It's fine.

I don't see any ZR boots.

>MIrage's character designer literally re-used design from her previous game (Ex Trooper). That's how little everyone cared about her.
That has nmothing to do with it. Taking inspiration or using similar aspects from previous characters is nothing really new. A lot of character designer have done this yet aren't criticized for it. Take for example Akira Toriyama who many of his Dragon Quest character designs have strong similarities to Dragon Ball and Dr. Slump characters.