I heard Shoukoku no Altair threads are not allowed here. Is it true?

I heard Shoukoku no Altair threads are not allowed here. Is it true?

The anime celebrates turkish culture, and as a turkish person this makes me very proud.

Mods are butthurt gayreeks.
They are asshurt because gayreeks are portrayed as literal shitskins.

adam gibi başlık açarsan sıkıntı olmaz
turks are white yakışmıyor tekrar tekrar

Sup Forums mods are ignorant about anime and memes

Allowing Reddit in was a mistake. The Empire must return.

Greeks are literal roaches.

JOH

I am greek

My condolences.

> Constantinople
> first province

what

My sides

pay denbts

We are here every week when the episode airs.

And if you are so proud of being a Turk, I suggest you at least capitalize the word, user.

They let turks go on the internet??

Isn't it illegal over there?

Sup Forums is banned since time immemorial.

They immigrated to the UK and opened kebab shops on every street

That's the UK you are thinking of.

this. Remove Kebab has never been more relevant

>MC is not turk looking
>A literal balkan rape product
Are you really proud of it?
It's pretty pathetic actually,you guys actually post uironically thinking yoi are white

I'm Greek

A Louis edit of Remove Kebab would be fun.

I'm so sorry for what happened to Phoenicia, Greekfriend.

Turks are whiter than your avarage serb.

Sultanate of Rum.
Turkey is the true heir of the Roman Empire.

Will he ever look not dirty?

>I'm so sorry for what happened to Phoenicia
It was a weak and decadent state. Its destruction had been long overdue.
Rerederik was right, might makes right.
Konstantinos lied, his people died. Nothing of value was lost.

>turks
>turkish
fucking roaches

Konstantinos's worst mistake was ever believing in this merchant.

>t*rkish """"""person"""""
Youve got a point however.

The fleet was already on its way. Gayreeks were just too weak to even hold until it arrived. :^)

Yeah, it was on its leisure cruise in Centro.
I actually doubt if they could fight Lele even if they arrived in time. She's crazy.

Isn't it like, about Ottomans and stuff? If you want something about the turkish culture and people, pic related has always been a top choice (even if the story is kinda meh).

Venetian navy actually kicked ass when they weren't bribed away.
Their strength were galleys though. Not sure if it was a good idea from Venedik to build lineships, especially when cannons weren't invented yet lmao. Fucking anime logic.

Yes, it's about notOttomans and tha mangaka being a huge /his/fag makes the story pretty good.

Even if the story is meh, Otoyomegatari has godlike art.

With Venetians being the richest, it's only natural that they have the best fleet. Speaking of cannons, in which century can we place Altair? Going by the pashas' names, it looks like Mehmet II's era.

>when they weren't bribed away
That's the problem with them, and I'm pretty sure that Louis is aware of it too. That guy looks like a keikaku master.

Someone make a compilation of all Iskender pictures, please.

Let's talk about waifus.

Süleyman Bey has the best waifu. Tuğrul clan is saved.

Donald Trump is going to kill you

>the mangaka being a huge /his/fag makes the story pretty good.

How much enjoyment could I expect from this as a massive history fag who has almost never really read up on anything related to the Muslim world?

I still don't know where the fuck they found that wig for Mahmut.

>Speaking of cannons, in which century can we place Altair?

>have guns
>no cannons
does not compute

She has a degree in history, so she knows her shit. I'm quite ignorant when it comes to history, so my opinion would probably hold little value, but I can tell that it's not your typical Oriental mysterious story, but features quite down-to-earth political history. You also have notChinese, notEuropeans etc. in the show too, it's not just about cute Ottomans doing cute things.

This show actually made me feel so bad about my ignorance that I started reading Ottoman history.

I have no idea about the history of military technology.

But we can assume that guns are not commonplace yet, but a Chink curiosity in the show. So it might compute.

It's great. Unless some shadow mage jumps out like in Arslan it will be better.

>tfw no handjobs

>shadow mage
I was fine even with the magical legendary sword, but shadow magicians were too much.

I bet she dreams of chopping Mahmut's dick off with her fancy sword every night.

Cannons were known and existed since the early 14th century. Arquebuses became common in the 16th century. They were literally miniaturized cannons and were often called hand cannons. The early variants were unwieldy and not really useful for this reason.
Judging from the gun seen in the anime, I date it as an early 16th century arquebus.
Turks were pioneers of using artillery, but not so much of muskets. That's why their usage doesn't make sense in the anime and you can't properly date it either.

Thank you for the explanation. I knew Turks were the first ones to effectively use cannons in battle, but other types of guns are unknown to me.

Maybe not including artillery makes the battles more epic as far as story-telling goes. For example, if they had cannons in the show, then the Empire would rain cannonballs on the walls of Phoenicia and we wouldn't see Glalat and Lele pulling crazy stunts.

Vlad the Impaler soon in the anime.

>Maybe not including artillery makes the battles more epic
Shitting out 6 huge tower like thingies in less than a day in a barren terrain is a feat truly worth calling epic. Too bad, they were completely stupid going about it.
>no means to move them around either by rolling or lifting
>no archers in the towers
>no any kind of infantry because good luck covering that big of a distance with any kind of foot troops
>but let's sortie cavalry in a siege because... they will run up on the walls or someshit?

If they really tried they could have shat out a few improvised siege cannons from tree trunks. But the technology is really non-linear and fucked in the show.
Honestly, seeing the ship designs I expected the empire to have some kind of artillery on their ships, even as experimentally above the deck. Their solution for taking Phoenicia was kind of dumb and overcomplicated at the same time. I would have just used divers at a calm night. They could have easily swam ashore and hide. It would have certainly been less suicidal and detectable than their chosen solution.

>italians
>white

>japs appropriating italian culture

MY CULTURE IS NOT A COSTUME

fuck off kurdshit

Abiriga is the best thing money can buy. The guy can literally do anything. Worth every ducat.

Damn, I totally forgot about Zağanos's epic siege towers. He was ready to go all out yet nothing happened. Actually, that's why I like this show. You expect some battles, but it just doesn't happen because of other factors.

I like location hunting and was happy to see Florence.

I'm Turkish and I'm naturally tanned with blue eyes and brown hair; my cousins are white as fuck with blonde hair and green eyes.
Turks come in a variety of colours, It just depends on where in the country you come from. it's a bit of a clusterfuck anyway so why does it matter?

Sup Forums assumes all Turks are Arabs/Kurds from the east and everyone who even has a speck of "white" traits is just a balkan rapebaby.
Meanwhile in reality its not uncommon for even Persians and Iraqis to have green eyes.

But most turkish people are white. the fact that we're mostly Islamic it doesn't make us arabs.
>Sup Forumsitically though the country is becoming a new saudi arabia tho

White is a weird term made by new worlders though.
According to the US census, the entire middle east is considered white.

But meh, I wouldnt be surprised if its just because people are pissed about Islam and muh Constantinople even though Cath*lics themselves sacked it (never mind Smyrna and Pontus though lmao).

OBEY

My sultan Balaban is the coolest.

I like Nakai Kazuya, but can't help but feel that TsudaKen should have voiced him instead of Louis.

>so why does it matter?
turks are white

>why does it matter
Shitposting never needs a reason.

We should just stick to appreciating the girls (male).

>mfw guns didn't have the insane amount of noise and smoke these kind of black powder firearms generate
>mfw guns were relegated to convenient sniper precision plot elements
>mfw everything was just so convenient from geography to things magically working out with 0 prep time
Stop pulling Arslan level magical bullshit on us reeeeeee

Come on, it wasn't as bad as Narsus's keikakus.

>Louis looks like a keikaku master.
Bitch please, a dead person outdo him and Zaganos.

>kebabs
>culture
λελ

Did the anime get better? I remember the first episode being really disappointing, as an adaptation of the manga.

Yes it did. Next episode will have /ss/

Damn japs trying to turn me gay. They were close with this one, but I managed to break free.

Turks are white

reminder that Turks are just Steppe Rider wannabes