Is it possible to dislike GTO?

Is it possible to dislike GTO?

Well if there's anyone out there with taste that shit, I'm sure you'd find them on Sup Forums.

The shitty encode yeah.

>you'll never molest chicks on the train with sensei
koroshte

The anime was bad

If you are a faggot or contratian, of course

I dropped it after the first episode because I got some major pedo vibes from it

Anime was kinda meh adaptation.
Manga scans were fucking atrocious 10 years ago.
I feel the last couple arcs were a bit too much dipping on the same formula while upping the stakes/shittiness of people involved to incredibly unreasonable levels.
But Onizuka is always great.

shouldn't you be attending a useless rally somewhere?

Guilty as charged.
I find it preachy, predictable and very often dumb as fuck (like when Onizuka broke a wall in a family home to allow better communication between a high school girl and her dad. I understand the symbol, but what the fuck?).

I hate the the end both of the manga and the anime. Still gave both a 10/10 though

>but what the fuck?
Superhuman hooligan trying the whole homeroom teacher thing, using the tools he has.

>but what the fuck?

That was fucking epic

Didn't the manga have a bunch of rape and sex?

Lots of attempted rape, yes.

Yeah, but it works.
The problem is that I can not take seriously the problems of his students when he can solve them that way.
Suspension of disbelief or whatever. There are lots of other work than I can't get into like that.
Well, to each his own.

The manga sequels/spin-offs seem godfuckingawful. Got to read Shonan 14 Days, and it's just Onizuka solving problems in the most fucking retarded way possible most of the time (and it somehow works), and the way the forced "ugh adults suck drama" multiplied by 10 and cramped into 8-or so volumes looks abysmal and gets repetitive pretty much from the get-go. I didn't even touch Paradise Lost yet, but I'm prepared for the worst.

Anime and original manga were good tho

I enjoyed it quite a bit but the ending just kinda felt more like a drag the closer it got to the final episode. The live action movies I hear are GOAT though, started off strong good middle, meh finale arc

this means you have autism. the point of the show isnt to model reality, its to make fun of it.

Thanks, Sup Forumsnon.
It must well be a few days that no one had diagnosed me on that board.

I dropped it around ep 4 or 5. It didn't live up to the hype. Thank you fucks for ruining another show for me.

>trying to watch something setting expectations on the Sup Forums hype level
what could possibly go wrong

There's nothing to hate

I thought the ending could've been better
>this teacher fucked a student
>he got her pregnant
>and then he stopped being around her, how fucked up is that last part?
>oh he didn't know she was pregnant so it's OK
>let's get them back together!
no, fucking no
even if she consented, even if she was over the age of consent for Japan, she was a student, that shit does not fucking fly
he should've supported his kid in some way, yes, but that fucker should've also been locked up, and the girl should've found someone else to help her out
also I don't remember why Onizuka was going to go be a fisherman but I remember thinking the reason was really really dumb
up until that last arc I loved it though
I could see someone that takes themselves or anime really seriously not liking any of it

Read the manga instead. Far better.

I know, I wrote that one

Not really. There was one flashback scene implying one girl was raped in the past, that's about it. Otherwise just a lot of crude humor.

The current sequel (Paradise Lost) has some disturbing stuff in it though.

>also I don't remember why Onizuka was going to go be a fisherman but I remember thinking the reason was really really dumb

He owed the school a lot of money, which he planned on getting by going on a tuna boat. It actually makes perfect sense

Rewatched it las month, first couple episodes are great but it gets very stale and boring after 30 episodes.
Pretty sure the mangaka ran out of material midway.

Was it really symbolism as opposed to an effective and direct solution?

it was both, that's why it was great
Onizuka solves problems with brute force, thereby A) illustrating the bullshit that gets in the way of living our lives and B) actually making things better

It's pretty shit.

muh mature anime
Lol

I don't really dislike it, but I would say my enjoyment for the series steadily dropped as it went on.