JUST.

Asuka is not a tsundere, try again.

>good
>tsundere
pick one

NICE OXYMORON

How is Asuka not a tsundere?

Pinnacle.

Who is Kaji for 500, Alex? Shikinami might be, but Soryu is not.

She is a tsundere with Shinji, though.

owo whats this? could it be that *gasp* that Asuka hates Shinji with all her might and isn't a tsundere? Wow!

Haqua did the same "kyahhhh punch" shit as any other tsundere, this list is founded only on waifufagging

Asuka has feelings for him. She has feelings for basically any guy who is nice to her. Which is why she initially obsesses over Kaji. Kaji sees through her Tsun attitude and treats her like an equal, which is what she wants. But then he turns her down and goes for Misato. So she starts to look for another guy to obsess over. All the boys at school obsess over her physical appearance, but she pushes them all away with her bitchy attitude. She acts Tsun towards every guy she meets. Yet Shinji still tries to open up to her and takes her abuse. He 'breaks down' her Tsun wall. And as a result, she starts to like him.

This is pretty much the major point of her character. She doesn't have much else going on except making Shinji look good by surpassing her in Eva tests.

Nah, she hates him.
She acts all cutesy with the one she really loves, Kaji, therefore she isn't tsundere.

Another Eva fan who writes his own canon in his head and thinks its real.

That would be Asukafags, who can't handle that Asuka likes chads and not their beta self-insert

Did we watch the same show? Shinji didn't do any breaking down of the tsun, the only thing he did was piss her off by surpassing her ability and then she was forced to face her past she tried so hard to bury away through piloting the Eva. Asuka has shown as to be a very sick teenage girl made amplified by being on her time of the month for females.

Asuka doesn't like Shinji, she only wants to use men and others for validating her own self. Using people, this is who Asuka is as a character. Same for Misato, Gendo, Ritsuko and Shinji. Its not a show about romance, its about a group of very sick people.

This is correct

This.
The only one who actually stood up to Asuka's tsun was Toji, and that's why she fucked him in Eoe.

But White wasn't tsundere.

I don't blame Asuka fans too much, considering all the feeding and fan service they get from Eva SoL harem spinoffs so they misinterpret the original as being a source of escapism.

Thank you for reminding me of this white

Here goes a good. Not sure about tsundere, though.

Asuka's seiyuu, Miyamura, said in an interview that she doesn't acknowledge the Asuka from spinoffs and the Asuka from the show as the same character.

>Shinji didn't do any breaking down of the tsun
He did, but not in the typical way other shows express it. He broke down her wall by being nice to her and paying attention to her. While everyone else left her alone because she treated them poorly. The major point of her character is that she built up a wall of thinking she's superior to everyone else to avoid having to interact with others. She has the same 'hedgehog dilemma' Shinji has. Just at the opposite extreme. Shinji avoids people to avoid pain. Asuka pushes people away by force, to avoid the same pain.

>the only thing he did was piss her off by surpassing her ability and then she was forced to face her past she tried so hard to bury away through piloting the Eva.
Both these things definitely happened (I mentioned them in the previous post). But there was more to it than that (the other stuff I mentioned about Shinji putting up with her abuse and staying with her).

>Asuka has shown as to be a very sick teenage girl
True. She has the most severe mental issues of anyone in the show aside from Gendo. Something Asuka fans never want to accept.

>made amplified by being on her time of the month for females.
Sensible chuckle.

>Asuka doesn't like Shinji
She does near the end. In the same way Shinji likes her. Though they still want to strange each other.

>she only wants to use men and others for validating her own self.
True. But then, this is how most people interpret 'love'. Misato and Kaji argue about the same thing in their relationship. Which you pointed out.

>Its not a show about romance, its about a group of very sick people.
True. The major problem with Eva is that every main character has the same problems. Just different levels of it. Every character is a self insert for the author.

I fucking hate Louise. 90% of her anger is unjustified, and she's just another violent annoying 99% tsun 1% dere. I read the LN because someone said she's better in that, and she's still a bitch

Okay, but that's not really the point of this thread...

Here's a version of Louise who actually becomes full dere.

Kurisu is without a doubt the most charming of all tsun girls.

Kurisu is such a sweet girl for a tsundere, it was so sad what happened to her in Amadeus of The Silent Requiem.

I love Taiga, and I was hoping Louise would be magical Taiga and was sorely disappointed

No one in Steins;Gate deserved all the shit they went through.

Shiro?

Yes!

She's decent in UBW, but she's terrible in F/HA, and don't even get me started on HF.

IIRC, Nasu started using guest writers in hollow ataraxia. Like what he does now in FGO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only "pure" Nasu Fate works are: stay night, EXTRA and EXTRA CCC.

my boi

>Nasu started using guest writers in hollow ataraxia

incorrect.

>He broke down her wall by being nice to her and paying attention to her
He did neither of those things, and there were plenty of other guys who were nice to her.
The only one who actually stood up to her shit was Toji, Shinji just took it like a bitch which made Asuka get bored with him.
Everyone in Eva has the 'hedgehog dilemma', it's not solely something for these two characters.

The only one Asuka ever 'likes' is Kaji, all the way to the end.
Though she does fuck Toji in EoE, simply because he was the best suited for her and the only character to challenge her on her bullshit.

No such thing as a good tsundere.

>He did neither of those things, and there were plenty of other guys who were nice to her.
All of which stopped being nice to her after they got to know her. As I already pointed out in my above post.

>The only one who actually stood up to her shit was Toji
Yes, as I already said. He also brushed her off and chose Misato. Asuka got mad at him, then moved on.

>Shinji just took it like a bitch which made Asuka get bored with him.
She kept acting like she was bored of him in multiple episodes. But then she always came back, because Shinji was literally the only person who paid any attention to her. Even Misato started to avoid Asuka and telling her to talk to Shinji about any problems with her job or relationships.

>Everyone in Eva has the 'hedgehog dilemma',
All the main characters, yes. Not so much Maya or Fujiwhatever his name is. But yeah, all the main characters are pretty much different degrees of the same character type. Which I already pointed out.

>it's not solely something for these two characters.
I never said it was just them. Again, I pointed out how pretty much every main character is a self insert of Anno. Did you even read my post?

>The only one Asuka ever 'likes' is Kaji, all the way to the end.
She doesn't like him all the way to the end. She gave up on him after he got back with Misato. She still was happy to be around him, but stopped pursuing him. From the beginning, she only really has a crush, which Kaji himself points out when brushing her off.

You must have scrolled down too quickly to spot . It's okay, I understand.

>But then she always came back
What do you mean? Asuka shows up half way through the series and then is relegated to a side character in the background by episode 16. Any scenes with Shinji are over by then.
I'm not sure when the last time you watched the show was, but you should really give it a rewatch. You're making things up at this point that never happened.

>She doesn't like him all the way to the end
She cries to Kaji that she got defiled after the angel attack. Hearing about his death from Shinji is what sets her off to commit suicide.
When Shinji "died" in the Leliel episode, she laughed about it.
She got tanged by Kaji in pic related: Her affection for him was the closest thing to love a girl her age could have, she never had such a thing for anyone else. Especially not Shinji.

>Asuka gets bored of Kaji
No she doesn't, she tries to call him but she doesn't even know he's dead. She attempts to suicide herself after finding out he was killed.

The point is that user was trying to make, wss that there was only one male she really liked. She obviously hatess Shinji and she steps on all the love letters from school.

She's not a tsundere, she has no dere elements.

*best tsundere

eriri a shit. MEGUMI IS BEST

Thank you for having common sense, user.

Shiro doesn't deserve any of the shit he has to go through. He just wants to live a comfy life cooking and helping people in need.

>Asuka shows up half way through the series
She shows up 1/3 through the series, on episode 8

>and then is relegated to a side character in the background by episode 16.
Yes, but she has been pretty much the most important character after Shinji for the last 8 episodes. Rei became the side character all that time and then doesn't get much of a focus again until episode 23 and the movie. The show overwhelmingly focuses on Asuka and Shinji for a good chunk of it.

>Any scenes with Shinji are over by then.
But a lot of those scenes are more than pretty much anyone else gets except arguably Misato. Which is why I often say Misato is the overlooked crucial character in the story.

>I'm not sure when the last time you watched the show was
Last year.

>You're making things up at this point that never happened.
I'm not making stuff up. I'm giving very specific examples of stuff that happens and all you're saying is general stuff like "she's not important after [x] episode".

Also, you seem to be confusing my points as if I'm saying Asuka loved Shinji. I wasn't saying that. Asuka was using him as a fallback, since everyone else wouldn't be the outlet for her rage. Through it all, Shinji was able to talk to her about things she wouldn't tell anyone else. She'd then mock him and throw up her defenses again. But the point is, he got her to drop her Tsun wall at times, while no one else did. She told him things she wouldn't even tell Kaji, because she wanted Kaji to think of her as a strong, independent woman.

>She's not a tsundere, she has no dere elements.
I agree. I'm not the one who called her a Tsundere. And I'm definitely not defending her as a good character. She's actually my least favorite character in Eva after Ritsuko. But I am saying she had a purpose. She was the complementary character to Shinji. Something Misato could have done better, but Anno wanted a feisty red head about Shinji's age to fulfill his fanboy desires...

>Yui
I want 3rd world peasants to leave.

I have a serious question for you user: why are you lying to me?
I just re-marathoned Eva last week so it's still fairly fresh in my mind, you can't deceive me here.

Shinji is the protagonist. Misato is the protagonist. Rei and Asuka are in the background like 90% of the time and only get focus once every few episodes.
Asuka is largely out of the picture by episode 16 when the 'light-hearted' comedy arc is out of the way.

Saying the show focuses on Asuka and Shinji is a blatant lie. Even the episodes that did focus on Asuka and Shinji are not referenced in the next episode after because THEY WERE THE COMEDIC LIGHT-HEARTED EPISODES. Literally the filler arc.
Shinji doesn't mention any of that shit ever again and Asuka isn't brought back until 8 episodes later at the end of the show.

Please, re-watch, because you're either making shit up here or you've just forgotten how Eva plays out by reading wikis or stuff by anons.

>She told him things she wouldn't even tell Kaji
Uh, like what? Kaji already knows her entire past. As does Misato. And she never told Shinji any of that.
They aren't able to communicate over anything, Shinji expresses more to even fucking Rei than he does with Asuka.

Honestly before I watched Eva I thought Asuka was going to be a major character based on what I was told by anons, but she had like 5 episodes max of focus and then was quickly forgotten. I'm amazed her and Rei get so much attention when the show pretended they didn't exist more than half the time.

Just imagine being trapped in a cold box of 1s and 0s for what could be 100s of years in time loops. Forever wanted to be "begin again" so she could embrace a man she never met because he looked broken and knew alot about her of things she will never be privy to. Despite not being Kurisu in whole and being a machine, she fell in love with him all over again. Its so sad, a pure science angel didn't deserve this.

>I have a serious question for you user: why are you lying to me?
Everything will seem like a lie when someone closes their mind.

>Shinji is the protagonist. Misato is the protagonist.
Misato isn't on the same level as Shinji at all. If you're going to say Misato is a protagonist, then so is Asuka. They get pretty equal amounts of focus. Misato also gets ignored in many episodes, just being the leader calling the shots during a mission or drinking beer at home.

As for Asuka, she has three episodes in a row focused on her. The episode she is introduced and the following two episodes center around her (one with coordinating with Shinji). Already she has more focus than Rei got. Then the next two episodes focus on all the pilots coordinating their attacks. But Asuka sets herself as being the leader and tries to make herself the focus. Then there's an episode focused on Ritsuko and a clip show. Then Kaji starts to sneak around NERV, followed by the episode where Shinji and Asuka kiss. Notice how a good chunk of this time, Asuka has been a focus, Misato is pretty much in the background until the wedding episode and Rei might as well just be a doormat.

After these episodes yes, Asuka does start to lose focus and becomes a secondary character. But you're trying to say Asuka is in the background "like 90% of the time" which is just wrong. The one exaggerating here is you. If anyone should rewatch it, it's you.

>Saying the show focuses on Asuka and Shinji is a blatant lie.
I didn't say the whole show. Learn to fucking read.

>Uh, like what? Kaji already knows her entire past. As does Misato. And she never told Shinji any of that.
Knowing someone's past isn't the same as getting Asuka to talk about it. And she talks to Shinji about more personal stuff like how she's feeling at the time or her dislike of boys or wanting to kiss a guy. I'm not going to claim this is amazing dialogue or anything. But it does show that Asuka drops her defenses a little around Shinji. She doesn't talk to anyone else that way except possibly the class rep. She certainly doesn't talk to Kaji like that.

>They aren't able to communicate over anything, Shinji expresses more to even fucking Rei than he does with Asuka.
Shinji kind of just babbles at Rei and Rei doesn't respond to it. I honestly think the idea that Rei will sacrifice herself to 'become one' with Shinji just because he was nice to her was one of the weaker parts of the show. But again, that's about the level Asuka and Shinji communicate, with the same implications.

Everything about her makes you want to hold her tight and keep her safe.

>Blastoise waifu
YES
Coincidentally, Blastoise's National Dex number is 009

Threads over. You can all go home now.

Anno said Shinji and Misato are the protagonist and protagonist respectfully.
Makes sense considering they get the most screentime and the bulk of the show is about their dynamic. Plus they go through the same things (troubled relationships with their father, the people they fell in love with left them to go die for SEELE shenanigans, etc.)

Rei and Asuka are in the background in comparison. This was my impression from rewatching it last week.
I can understand how reading doujins and spending time on Sup Forums would give you a different idea, but don't get upset at me just because Asuka didn't get as much focus as you wanted her to.

>I can understand how reading doujins and spending time on Sup Forums would give you a different idea, but don't get upset at me just because Asuka didn't get as much focus as you wanted her to.
>already admitted Asuka is my second least favorite character and wrote huge posts pointing out her flaws
I'll take that as a concession that you acknowledge some of my points are right. And so you have to attack the poster to deflect from his points.

I want her to tell me to die twice

Not that guy but Asuka has never been a deuteragonist, if anything she's an anti-hero.

I'd die twice for her

Are non-romantic tsunderes valid?

>but Asuka has never been a deuteragonist
I never said she was. I said she gets abouty as much focus as Misato does. The other guy was claiming Misato was an equal protagonist with Shinji. Then claimed Anno said that, though I have no idea where since he didn't provide a source.

>if anything she's an anti-hero.
I don't really think that's right but I guess it kind of fits. Given my view that she is the opposite to Shinji in the story.

Sure. I'd argue they're even better examples.

Pfft. I bet yours don't even practice being tsun in private.

Indeed.

Aska didn't feel to Shinji something besides...nothing. 14-age-girls like men who older than they and don't like guys of their age because they are look like little boys

Calm down, tumblr. No one is attacking you. Just making conclusions based on your wild theories on Eva. Your other points weren't worth responding to, as they were just reiterations of what I've previously debunked.

And I don't see how your opinion on Asuka is relevant. Asuka is probably my favorite character in the show but that doesn't change reality that she just doesn't have a very big role in NGE.

>I said she gets abouty as much focus as Misato does.
No. She doesn't.

>The other guy was claiming Misato was an equal protagonist with Shinji
I meant protagonist, which Anno said.

>of what I've previously debunked.
Go ahead and point out where you debunked my points. You hardly addressed any of them.

It's also ironic that you called me a blind Asuka fanboy three times, then admit that Asuka if your favorite. As if that somehow turns the table and makes your argument more valid?

>which Anno said.
Source?

You're a big boy. You can go back and read a few posts, can't you?

>It's also ironic that you called me a blind Asuka fanboy three times
Uh, no? When did I do that? There had to have been at least three different anons who were calling your bullshit out. Put your thinking cap on and keep your beef with them separate from our conversation please.

>Anno: This is roughly the world-view for Neon Genesis Evangelion. This is a world-view drenched in a vision of pessimism. A world-view where the story starts only after any traces of optimism have been removed.

>And in that world, a 14-year-old boy shrinks from human contact. And he tries to live in a closed world where his behavior dooms him, and he has abandoned the attempt to understand himself. A cowardly young man who feels that his father has abandoned him, and so he has convinced himself that he is a completely unnecessary person, so much so that he cannot even commit suicide.

>And there is a 29-year-old woman who lives life so lightly as to barely allow the possibility of a human touch. She protects herself by having surface level relationships, and running away.
>Both are extremely afraid of being hurt. Both are unsuitable-lacking the positive attitude-for what people call heroes of an adventure. But in any case, they are the heroes of this story.

>they are the heroes of this story

Need some ice for that BTFO?

He definitely didn't start using guest writers in HA, that was Kagetsu, but he did use them in HA. A lot of the scenes just plain weren't written by him.

Does she count?
If anyone else even knows her?

Not the guy you were arguing with, but that's not a source, that's an unsourced quote.

kill yourself autist

Shit taste

The only thing good about this show