Why has no mecha anime surpassed these two yet?

Why has no mecha anime surpassed these two yet?

Dougram > Gundam

>what is Votoms, Dougram, Ideon

Shit?

>using Macross and not a Takahashi series
>not using any of Tomino's better shows like Ideon, King Gainer, Zeta, Xabungle

>Shiteon meme
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1.gundam is bandai's longest toy-commerical. it's never gonna die
2. macross has had a loyal fandom with enough releases to not let the franchise go stale but not overwhelm like gundam

really just something good has to come out, be marketable, and keep the fans going. only thing close is that lelouch-shit

Can't wait for Code Geass to overtake G*ndam

0079's "buy all our playsets and toys" shit is almost enjoyable given how deliberately lame a lot of the mecha are.

>Code Geass
>Tengen Toppa Gurenn Lagann
>Escaflowne
>Outlaw Star
It's already happened.

I find both very boring. I prefer mecha series where the characters are the focus, not the robots and lore.

Also, in Japan, mecha can stand for anything with robots. Even Ghost in the Shell or Angelic Layer are mecha. Which I'd definitely say those were better than any Gundam.

i liked gurren lagann

t. someone who didn't watch 0079

I liked the one with the model UN kids and the magic dog

Yes I did.

What, you're gonna call Pokemon and Digimon mecha now? shut up and keep your delusional tastes to yourself.

>Code Geass
Rip off of Gundam 0079
>Gurren Lagann
Wacky homage to old Super Robot shows
>Escaflowne
Great first half, rushed second half.
>Outlaw Star
Barely counts as mecha.

Try harder.

E-VAN-GE-LI-ON

Stop being contrarian and hating things only because they are popular.

>What, you're gonna call Pokemon and Digimon mecha now?
No. Those don't ficus on robots or androids. But who knows. Maybe Japan does include mecha. Remember, a show doesn't just have one genre or theme. A show like Pokemon can be 14 different things. Just like Gundam can be War/Politics/SciFi/Mecha.

>I don't like mecha anime about the mecha

That's like saying someone has to like the sport that's in a sports anime. I don't give a flying fuck about baseball, but still like Cross Game for the characters and relationships.

The same can work for mecha. I don't have to be obsessed with mecha to like Escaflowne or Eva.

What is the expected one?

>Code Geass
>Rip off of Gundam 0079
huh?

I think Zeta was better than 0079. Tighter plot, larger scope, and it included some of my old favorite characters as well as new ones. 0079 is great, but I think Zeta definitely expands upon it.

j-decker