FMA brotherhood was so boring and contrived

FMA brotherhood was so boring and contrived.

The manga was driven solely by fanservice and the female author's own sexual fantasies just like any of Jump's mass produced drivel.

Mustang was made so OP he could casually kill homonculi by repeatedly flicking fingers right from the start, making the villains look utterly trivial and non threatening.
Armstrong's sister and the chinks displayed superhuman physical feats that felt out of place in a low fantasy setting.
Greed went from the physical embodiment of sin to a lovesick puppy with tsundere undertones.

Maybe you're sexist.

Im re-reading the manga right now and I can confirm you're full of shit

At least it didnt have Earth 2, pointless nazis and cyborgs

>primary antagonist hit squad with regenerator powers is weak to guy who can put out constant injury
>hurrr Roy is OP, Roy trivializes everything
Good thing the plot doesn't throw Roy into a perfect fight scenario with every homuculus then

>Armstrong's mildly superhuman beef is out of place in a universe with science-mages running around forcing conceptual aspects in and out of different forms of matter
Fuck off back to 3.5, casterfag

>cast-off behavioral motivatior is more human than the now "sin-free" original entity
It's almost like there's a theme here hmmmm really makes you think

muh contrarian, muh nostalgia: the post

>Im re-imagining the manga right now

>Main Villains are all homonculi
>One of the protagonists can easily destroy them

And that's how you ruin the tension. If you were scared when an Homonculi showed up in Brotherhood you're the kind of brainlets that's easily entertained.
Homonculus in 2003 were scary because they were really Immortal. And only the last episodes introduced a way to defeat them that still implied a massive amount of luck to get right.

>Teleporting, jumping 10 meters and cutting rock solid objects with a sword is realistic bulking
Fuck off you dumb nerd.

Are you talking about Femstrong? With the muscle mass she had she wouldn't last 10 seconds against an average MMA fighter let alone throw around a superhuman nearly invincible 1000 pounds beast

>Armstrong's sister and the chinks displayed superhuman physical feats that felt out of place in a low fantasy setting.
But they've all shown superhuman feats

Which is precisely the issue. The use of Naruto tier battle physics instead of grounded realism got worse as the series went on.

OP is a fag

>an average MMA fighter
And here we see the type of retard who'd make this thread: an armchair fighting expert who only likes "real fighting" sports.

I wasn't much a fan of General Armstrong but nobody seriously thinks FMA:B was anything approaching bad.

FMA was already Earth 2 with Not!Nazis, an actual fuehrer, and alchemy-but real.

>2003fags still breath my air to this day

>grounded realism

>two preteens performed a necromancy ritual, transformed into cyborg and a living suit of armor, and became distinguished military personnel kung fu mages less than 3 years after the fact

You have to become self-aware of when your expectations are too autistic

back2MAL brotherhoodfaggot

>moderately muscular woman
>outperforming professional male athletes
>Throwing massive boulders around, jump 10 meters high and down, cut steel with her sword. Badass bitch XD

This is the type of manlet calling me an armchair fighter

>What are low fantasy elements
Kill yourself weeb, but not before you wank to final fantasy fighters battling with laser swords in the middle of a volcano one last time.

>there is an arbitrary amount of fantasy I can enjoy in my nip cartoons and when it goes over I get mad
Seriously, how does it feel to be autistic?

Arakawa wanted to have her cake and eat it too.

Dragon Ball has ki as an explanation for superhuman strength, Naruto has chakra. Brotherhood, with its supposedly deep and original system has nothing. It's just as generic as any other shonen but with less worldbuilding.

>You have specific tastes and therefore it is bad
How more autistic can you be? Back in my grandpa's days there was a mandatory castration law in his state for your kind.

We just killed fucks like you desu.

Nigga

Finger snap explosion sword arm magic, the concept of automail, and Alphonse's entire existence clearly established how many fucks the series gave about the laws of physics from the get-go

Improbable physical strength is even lower on the low fantasy ladder than every major premise of plot

>ITT OP is a mouth-breathing degenerate contrarian

Brotherhood and the manga are some of the best stories ever told. Anyone who thinks the 2003 series even comes close is just not worthy of having their own opinions.

On it's own its fine but going toe to toe with a literal masterpiece, not even close. And the reason you cite are the strong female characters? Real ladies man too I bet.

>nigga

imagine thinking any form of fma is the best story ever told

>of the best stories ever told

>If you kill him you'll be just like him
>Friendship magic
>Nakama Punch
>Loli fighters
>...

All the cancer in anime in one single series.

>Jump's
I'm surprised no one has called you out on this yet.
Nice bait, mademereply/10

>Jump isn't the worst shonen peddler on the market
>FMA isn't comparable to Bleach, Naruto, One Piss....

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you're...

>Mustang was made so OP he could casually kill homonculi by repeatedly flicking fingers right from the start, making the villains look utterly trivial and non threatening.
...a numale suffering from virgin rage who hates and is jealous of men that can get shit done...

>Armstrong's sister and the chinks displayed superhuman physical feats that felt out of place in a low fantasy setting.
...a fedora-tipper who holds grudges against people who have worked their way to success or talent, since you don't have that kind of willpower...

>Greed went from the physical embodiment of sin to a lovesick puppy with tsundere undertones.
...and a vengeful prick who can't accept that other people can change and improve themselves, since you don't have what it takes to look at your flaws and try to fix them.

Did I hit close to home?

Saying "it's just as bad as anything in Jump" is not saying "it's in Jump", ESLfriend.

>Projecting this hard

Honestly, the first anime was far less quality in how long it took it to build up. It went from generic anime to a very dramatic story. Brotherhood had a similar structure, but it was far more entertaining and expansive. My only problem was how cushy it was, too many antagonists became protagonists, they should have been more concrete in their ambitions rather than just "you beat me, guess I am on your side now lol"

>people who have worked their way to success or talent, since you don't have that kind of willpower...
This

By sheer willpower alone (as I was born with a weak frame) I groomed myself into one of the most skilled katana masters in my country.
My greatest rival but at the same time love interest is a powerful female warrior with neon blue hair and a furious temperament from Atlanta.

When this strong and independent lady gets angry the entire room goes gloomy and even 6ft8 bodybuilders (those overcompensating weaklings) know not to mess with this badass bitch.

The biggest thing I disliked about Brotherhood was how they changed where the homonculi came from. Having them be caused by the alchemists who broke the ultimate taboo made each fight feel much more personal. Plus, it made it seem like breaking the law of human transmutation had truly horrific results.

>My only problem was how cushy it was, too many antagonists became protagonists

They needed it for the Quality American comedy happy ending built up you tout about.

>2003 kiddies

nigger

who dat?

lady gaga

>The use of Naruto tier battle physics instead of grounded realism got worse as the series went on.
It got the most autistic near the end when Ed began punching the shit out of god like a fucking gainax main

This was the worst part of the manga.

Fuck the entire premise was to make us dream about alchemy only to take a huge shit on it in the last part. The moralizing tone on top of that was so nauseating it compares to how weekly shonenshits tend to end.

I laughed heartily

>The manga was driven solely by fanservice and the female author's own sexual fantasies just like any of Jump's mass produced drivel.

Because you have a sub reddit IQ

>magic, cyborgs, and airships
>low fantasy setting

not to be a cunt but for the most part it's just alchemy instead of all magic, and I can't think of what airships there were, it seemed to be set in the early 20th century but I am probably forgetting something

No, I've watched it and it was very fun so you're wrong.

>We will never have a sequel showing Alphonse as feared panzer ace on the eastern front.
>We will never see Ed as the brutal komendant of a nazi concentration camp - trying to create a philospher's stone out of jews so he can open a portal to Amestris.

No it was retarded. The whole point of human transmutation is that doesn't fucking work in any way shape or form. Its humans being punished for their hubris in the most humiliating way possible.

Leaving OP's faggotry aside

>dude this is a show with MAGIC! and you care about THIS? xDxD just let it slide
Since when are plot holes acceptable if the setting is fantasy? And since when did Sup Forums get so many newfriends from r*ddit?
I'm asking because this is the kind of demographic that loves to pull out this shitty comment. Books, movies or videogames, if there is ANYTHING associated with fantasy, normalfags WILL say this.

Still better than the anime-original shit.

>Greed went from the physical embodiment of sin to a lovesick puppy with tsundere undertones.
If you're greedy you want everything, if you want everything you might as well like what you what.
Geed and ling's relationship was pretty good

Doesn't brotherhood end with Ed literally beating god in a punch up?

After turning his body into Carbon

Sloth and Pride could've beat Mustang pretty easily. Armored Greed too, I guess.

People like to forget that the final 20 something episodes were set in a couple of days, after a few months timeskip, with all the characters around the country doing their part to counter Homonculus' whole eclipse ritual.

At that point, "god" wasn't in his body anymore.

>dude this is a show with MAGIC! and you care about THIS? xDxD just let it slide
>Books, movies or videogames, if there is ANYTHING associated with fantasy, normalfags WILL say this.

Holy shit this

>magic
alchemy
>cyborgs
Mecha isn't cyborg, newfag.
>airships
What

>with all the characters around the country doing their part to counter Homonculus' whole eclipse ritual

Well, there's like. a few shots of a bunch of ishvalans and northeners going around the transmutation points and setting shit up, but it's mostly centered in the capital.

Arakawa's into big buff bara men yes but there was barely any fanservice of them in the manga unless you count all the Armstrong shirtless flexing which is a running joke.

>Armstrong shirtless flexing which is a running joke

It's a running joke for us, but she probably enjoys drawing em.

>weeb
Where the fuck do you think you are nigga?

Oh she definitely did. She even admitted it. Armstrong's the character she liked drawing the most.

Internal constancy and verisimilitude are white male patriarchal inventions invented by the privileged underclasses oppressing (punching down) the truly creative just because they have inked skin and dyed hair and are on the reich side of history oh my god i'm so sick of you channers preventing my work from selling because you prefer your stupid consistency it has hobbits in it for christ's sake so what if I change the rules for the sake of a totally awesome ending and who the hell do you think you are excluding me from your little club just because I haven't "read the rest of the series" oh my god you people are such sexist you probably only read that other girl's stuff because you want to sleep with her.

FMA, the manga at least, is very consistent with itself though. Like, I don't remember it breaking any of its rules.

>Arakawa's into big buff bara men
Citation needed

She looked like she was very much in love with Mustang and projected as hawk eye

>how they changed
They didn't change shit, the 2003 anime just made shit up. Brotherhood followed the manga instead like it should have.

That quote from one of those cow volume omakes where she says men should be big and woman should be "vavoom".

THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
ALSO I CANT BELIEVE HOW MUCH UNDERDOG SYNDROME THIS SHOW HAS ITS FUCKING IMPRESSIVE

cmon, that was nice as fuck

The Hohenheim and Trisha moments always get me

How secondary are you? One of Arakawa's famous quotes was "Men should be big and buff. Women should be vavoom."

Which is why the series has tons of big buff men and sexy busty women like Lust and Olivier. Also like I said before Armstrong is the character she liked drawing the most. It's not a surprise when Armstrong gets shirtless very often.

Her rural Japanese farm upbringing was what led to her liking the rugged manly type best exemplified by characters like Sig Curtis.

>here are my arguments guys:
>subjective generic baiting
>assumptions about the author
>nitpicking about powerlevels

kys