Made in Abyss

Holy jesus, this industry just doesn't make things as wonderful as this anymore. Such a great animation all the way through, great OST, great characters, great atmosphere, great story, etc, like it or not this is what a truly masterpiece is meant to be. When I first saw this being spammed here I thought 'oh, so this is going to be the new meme show Sup Forums is going to spam to oblivion, huh?' so it was a pleasant susprise to see this was a legit great show. Definitely AotS and probably the AotY, and an AotD contender.

>>>/ann/

I mostly agree

I was thinking of watching it someday when the threads die down, it looks pretty cute and comfy.

>it looks pretty cute and comfy

What?

Ignore the contrarians, it's a nice story set in a cool setting.

Thats a good idea, user. It's been a real shit show in the abyss threads ever since the anime got a bit popular

>Holy jesus, this industry just doesn't make things as wonderful as this anymore.
Why are you saying that about something that came out last season?

>Holy jesus, this industry just doesn't make things as wonderful as this anymore.
>Literally came out last season
Honestly? I get what you mean

Sometimes you're alright Sup Forums

But it actually is!

Bondrewd a.k.a. notMengele did nothing wrong.

You envy?

>literally made in the abyss
>crawled out of it to the surface
>small and cute but overpowered
>spooky black "abyssal form"
Am I the only one to make this connection?

Nice. I've unironically per-ordered this though.

I want to go even far as decided to do and say that this anime right here is a monument of an artistic landmark.
Binged the whole thing today, what a fucking treat.
Thank god for this beautiful show

I want to be softly dominated and then strung up naked by Ozen.

>modified

OP wasn't a faggot

Pic related

But they just did...

Actually they used some budget lowering techniques and animation is a bit off in some places but it took me two rewatches of the first episodes to spot some.

Image unrelated.

Where's that damn review? Wasn't it supposed to come out already?

A bit.

Me too.

Unfortunately this wonderful thing isn't even finished. A total waste of time, since the story is unresolved.

Very, where did you get them?

the journey is the important part. would you rather an anime original shitfest?

No horror atmosphere, no stakes, very slow pacing, telling instead of showing. What is so great about it? The OST?
>muh episode 10
>muh loli screaming
Thta was cheap writing, honestly.

MiA it is far from shit, but very, very far from great too.

Yes, I'm jelly

Well HK also has cutesy art but a dark atmosphere, so sure it kinda fits

The show is obviously more reminiscient of Etrian Odyssey though

>its not a horror
>Fucking death
>Slow pacing isnt bad if its accounted for
>because the characters are experiencing it for the first time too
>the writting

L8RS

>>its not a horror
I said atmosphere. they are in a supposedly dangerous and horrific place, but the sense of danger and horror is almost zero.
>>Slow pacing isnt bad if its accounted for
they are in a supposedly dangerous and horrific place, but the sense of urgency is almost zero.most of the time it's just the characters explaining things.

>Not horror atmosphere
What? This is not a horror anime.
>very slow pacing
The pacing was perfect, stop with this bullshit.
>telling instead of showing
Oh, it TELLS and SHOWS, didn't you watch the anime?
>very far from great too.
Tell me what it's great for you then.

Etrian Odyssey has a plot?

> would you rather an anime original shitfest

What? Every anime in existence suffers from exactly 3 problems: plot holes, deus ex machinas, and lack of story. This one explained everything very well, but didn't finish the plot. Another title to the anime shitfest bin.

Sup Forums sings WHEN?!

It's a lot better marathoned than as a weekly show. I think a series of movies might've been a better format.

It has a bunch of legitiately cute and comfy moments.

Also despair, lots of it.

Some monsters were obviously 3D with filters, and there probably was some trickery with characters too but I only spotted it in the last ep, and even then I doubted myself.

Identical premise, tone and even artstyle to an extent
Didn't say anything about plot

>What? This is not a horror anime.
>The pacing was perfect, stop with this bullshit.
Here >Oh, it TELLS and SHOWS, didn't you watch the anime?
It tells a lot more than it shows. Really. I would sincerely appreciate it more if the episodes were more like the first five minutes of the first episode.

One of the best things about being in a new and mysterious place is that you do not know what can happen. But 90% of the time the characters do not shut up. Just witness the place, damn it!

>Have 7 levels of "depths" with increasing dangers
>All delvers want to kill each other
>Needs stuff (gas and blueprint) from the area to survive in wormhole
>Everybody who spend long enough time praises a hypothetical god "bob" that controls the wormhole

I would argue that telling more than showing is a sin of the father medium - manga. Seeing how anime is just advertisement for manga, it makes sense to stick to the original most of the time.

I'm preety sure Bonedad was CG. But it was well done.

Post moth.

Is this shit actually worthwatching?
I dont see the appeal honestly

Is about cute kids doing cute things, is not for everyone

If you don't see the appeal then don't watch it.

Wait, the blessing doesn't make you immune to the curse? Then how the hell did Nanachi get all the way from layer 5 to 4 while lugging around the rug?

Why doesn't a painted version of the front pic exist?

I don't know if anyone else gets this feel, but BoneDaddy give off a really strong Slade from Teen Titans vibe.

I think it's the dark clothing/armor and mask. And the whole "Evil af but thinks he's doing the right thing" bit.

Don't watch it then.

She's very resilient. Being able to "see" the flow of the curse may have helped too.

She's not affected by it, just like Reg.

If you are really that patient of an user it may be beneficial to wait for season 2. The arc directly after S1 ends put another shovel on the emotional shit pile and it becomes perpetual escalation from Episode 10 on.

Taking it like a Bunny! The way god intended

>That shitposter who always calls the series edgy
>those absolute retards who reply to them every thread

shut up

嘘も方便

make me

A dub could almost be acceptable if they casted Ron Perlman as Bonerdewd

It's worse than that though, you lose all of your senses and hurt yourself if you ascend from 5. There's no way she climbed thousands of meters like that.

This show is fucking trash.

Beautiful backgrounds wasted on horrible plot/setting and characters.

(You)

It was only I tease I think, preorders soon after all

Who's the most powerful white wistle LN fags?

おやおや

Nanachi is capable of nullifying the fifth layer curse, no idea if the same can be done in the fourth layer

its time

Are you a pedophile or furry?

These threads are irredeemable

I'm pretty sure she was just focusing on not biting her tongue off or some dumb shit like that

Why even bother with 5%

Riko-chan is truly the cutest. Her smile is bright like the sun and her hair smells like heaven.

Wow, the blessing sucks. You lose your humanity and the curse still fucks with you.

hair smells so good I'm gonna stuff it into some hamsters

Natt shut up

Fucks with you, but you can clearly resist it.

Since she also had to carry Mitty up I imagine that narehate gained a small form of resilience against the curse overall. Like being able to ascend very slowly or, as in your page, by concentrating on it.

>Such a great animation all the way through
Literally copyposted CG backgrounds. Looks worst than decades old cel animation.

She can't nullify it. She can just see the curse. They go over this. R E T A R D.

Cute.

I'm awful. I just wanna grab Riko, and have her make me dinner.

I'm disgusting...

What did he mean by this?

>blessing sucks
>objectively cuter
>soft fur that everyone wants to touch
>pheromones that make you irresistible to shota robots and creepy giraffes
>tail for maximum balance
>run on all fours for super speed
>flexible enough to suck your own dick
Sounds okay to me.

you can reliably avoid it if you find a spot where it is not present and actually be aware of most predators in the abyss tho'

how buy prushka?

>ywn have cute fluffy bunny read a book to you

why live?

>buying shirts that are fan-made instead of official merchandise

>You will never run through a mountain of little furry creatures.

Loading a round as I type.

how is nanachi not crazy? She's basically been talking to herself for most of her life

We saw blood on the snow, but I kinda wished they showed blood coming out of her orifices.

>the modified

+ Great visuals
+ Fantastic setting
+ Awesome music and voicework

- Annoying children
- Pedophilic fanservice
- The story doesn't reach a conclusion

Overall: 5\10

I like how mitty looks at the bug