We can all agree that Fullmetal Alchemist is far better shonen than Hunter X Hunter, right?

We can all agree that Fullmetal Alchemist is far better shonen than Hunter X Hunter, right?

FMA is watchable fantasy fare somewhat brought up by strong visual execution and somewhat brought down by consistently bad, overbearing comedy, as well as consistently assuming an emotional investment neither it nor the original ever earned. "Default fantasy story" just doesn't have much appeal for me anymore.

Most anime is pretty overtly bad when it comes to a couple categories (dialogue, visual execution, long-form storytelling, or something else), so it feels like when a show is a fantasy-action thing that just doesn't majorly screw up, it's pretty much destined to gain a large audience. But I've read plenty of fantasy already, and at this point, I'd rather be engaging with either more intimate human stories or more complex psychological narratives. FMA isn't so strong in any category outside of its animation highlights that I can like it purely because it does its thing really well.

no

>We can all agree
No.
Nothing beyond this point matters, Sup Forums will never agree on anything.

yes

Fuck no

Only if Envy was a woman

Envy can be both.

maybe but i enjoy hxh more

Only because FMA had an ending while togashit keeps going on hiatuses.

O

HxH has higher highs, but FMA's quality is more consistent.

MY

20%

RUBBER

OH MY ONE-SOUL PHILOSOPHER'S STONE

Nope, FMA rewatchability is way worse, and its half the episodes. I've experienced FMA 3 times ( Both anime adaptations and the manga) and I have had enough it for a loooong time. I'm currently rewatching HxH and loving every minute of it. In fact, because I consider CA to be the best arc, I almost forgot just how excellent YNC is.

Please, tell me, does FMA have a villain as fucking cool as Chrollo OR Meruem? Are the seven deadly sins anywhere near as badass or cool as the phantom troupe? No, no there not.

The argument that HxH is worse b/c it never ended is dumb also. Each arc can pretty much stand on their own with a solid beginning, middle, and end. And really, the core theme of the fucking show is literally verbatim ABOUT THE FUCKING JOURNEY, NOT THE DESTINATION. So if your judging the show by "muh incomplete and hiatus hiatus" then you missed the entire fucking opinion of the show and shouldn't be allowed to talk about it in the first place

Did Fullmetal Alchemist blow the antagonist at the last possible second with a magical nuke?

now that i finished both of them finally.
FMA was pretty good memorable for sure had many great scenes and re watchable moments.

Hxh I was able to get through fast but the majority was so so, there were often times i wish they would hurry up the plot.

BUT
HxH takes the fucking cake
why?
netero vs meruem
episode 127, and the beginning of 128 was one of the greatest moments ive ever seen in anime. Thats not saying much but yea it was fucking incredible

pretty spot on in my opinion

when HxH is good, it's incredibly, but there are parts that are really bland. It's got a pretty awful start.

Would say that's the adaptations fault more than the source. It tried too hard to make the first arc more kiddish. I actually really love the badge hunting part myself.

We can all agree that you're a fucking dipshit and also wrong.

Also,
FMA 03 > Brotherhood
HxH 2011 > HxH 1999

Both of them are full of gay shit. More like fujoshit than shounenshit.

FMA wasn't fujoshit. I mean, it could be, but only if you're weird.

I miss the days when this was a viable ship.

I actually agree with this

I prefer FMA but I'd like it more if it had a rapey clown baddie.

I never understood why people worship FMA so goddamn much, I mean it's GOOD, it's tight and concise, it knows what it's trying to do and never oversteps the boundries it sets for itself with some stupid shit along the way.
I don't hate it by any stretch but it feels kind of unambitious and low-key to me, the story is executed in a competent fashion but it's hardly that great to begin with.

Hunter x Hunter isn't for fujos, it's for pederasts

Spot on. Whenever I hear praise of FMA, its almost always about how 'there's something for everyone', but those types of stories are the ones that don't really do anything at its best. It's 'Jack of all Trades, Master of None' the Anime.

FMA, like Death Note, has a fanbase made up of a majority who watched it as their first 'proper' anime (excluding things like Pokemon) and because of this, overwhelming nostalgia will see it rated higher than HxH by the average fan.

Lots of people also go on about how great the music in FMA was but I honestly can't remember a single track from it.

You dont remember the OPs and EDs? Golden Time Lover? Rewrite? Again? Rain? Melissa? Uso? Let it Out? One thing FMA consistently did well, whether its 2003 or Brotherhood, was its OPs

How?

I think the resounding answer is a clear No.

I like FMA because it seems like the author know where it will end and it does which make it consistently good
HxH on the other end have great characters and moments but sometimes it write itself into corner

A completed series is better than an incomplete series, yes.

HxH, while enjoyable when it's actually updating, runs the all too possible risk of the mangaka just fucking dying and leaving the series unfinished and unsatisfying.

things will change in 2030, in the last arc trying to beat gyro.

just to see that gyro did nothing wrong.

I like both

I read FMA just some years ago and I'm convinced people praise it so much just because of nostlalgia. I don't think it's bad by any metric but all that praise is really out of place.

how to get Sup Forums.. no Sup Forums to praise something

simply make a thread about how something else is better than it

Objectively superior. FMA had structured arcs, decent pacing, good character development and no pretentious needless exposition over each battle. Togashi is by no means an awful author, just incredibly overrated because he's a bit edgier than most Shonen writers. The only arc that I truly enjoyed out of HxH was York New, the worst being Chimera Ant outside of a couple of scenes between Meruem and Komogi. FMA was pretty good all throughout, though I felt it was a bit rushed near the ending.