The Japaneese voices are just as badly done as the english ones, you just can't tell because you're not japaneese

The Japaneese voices are just as badly done as the english ones, you just can't tell because you're not japaneese.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aYkuuu9u3EI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice bait, no (You).

But OPs don't get yous.

Mad because you don't know Japanese, are you.

2/10

most are yeah. some are good, but its seriously not a meme when people say nip VA's cant get the expressiveness right. its either overracting or just weird

Yeah, but if I can't tell, I don't care.

the people who make the shows work directly with the voice actors.

dubs are always worse, ever watched a dub of a live action film before? that's obviously always bad, but because its animation then it's supposedly "less obvious" i guess? Naah, you're just not aware of things.

Do not reply to funi shill.

But I am fluent in Japanese, and that's not true.

As long as I don't notice, it doesn't bother me.

Reminder that the dub voices are not inherently better, it's just that autistic dubfags overexaggerate the quality of any dub that has the slightest modicum of quality because they're so unused to hearing actual good English voicework that any time dubbers put in effort they immediately overcompensate and call it "better" when it's really just "on-par" at best. In reality, you're really just praising the fact that the actors actually put in effort. That's quite sad, because it means the bar for english dubs is so low that mere professionalism (e.g. having a non-shit script and actually having actors ACT), something that should be commonplace in the dub industry, is in such short supply that a dub made 20 years ago is still considered to be better than the original version.

Check these good dubs.

Turn on the TV and watch a western cartoon, like Spongebob or something.
Notice how the voices perfectly match the characters, and sound natural?
Now go watch the Japanese dub of that cartoon.
Notice how it feels off and sounds unnatural?

It's not the VA's faults the dubs suck, dubs just suck in general.
I hope this is bait, because otherwise you're just really fucking stupid.

>tfw watched the sub jap version first
How much did I miss?

If you pay attention you can tell bad voice acting in Japanese too.

I can tell that the French dubs sound bad even though i'm not French.
Checkmate kiddo.

And you really, really had to imply crispin fucking freeman was an example?
How disgusting.

Not much, it was an extremely competent for the time engdub, and an average original.
It probably doesn't matter, but minor characters and the "goofy" scenes - bounty hunter news etc. - sound shit with the English dub, that's the most noticeable difference.

Japanese voices don't awkwardly jam in references to Gamergate.

But I'm not american nor english either?

But you can't understand Japanese either, so why would I listen to your ignorant ass?

W-What?! N-N-No they are perfect

>we can't tell shit clover's VA is shit
If you can't, then you are retarded

Yes they do.

I am though

Anime Japanese is basically a codified language unto itself. Nobody talks like that. It's a set of rules about talking, pacing and pronounciation uniquely groomed for the medium. There's no such thing with dubs and as such, dubs are utilizing a language foreign to the medium itself and can't ever be as impactful.

>implying
If that were true then dubs would have the same quality of good cartoon voice acting (which they don't). Dubs are just low budget shit to throw at weebs and other scum who don't yet know better. They're aware of what they are and who their audience is.

This is exactly why i watch subs. Ignorance is bliss desu

asta

le cowboy bipop is bad. le funni bait.

Not really. Leaving the fact that I indeed know some japanese, the western voice actors, as well as the western anime industry is cancer.
The voices used in anime are different when compared to actual Japanese material, just like the voices used in your English animations are different when compared to a movie. Nobody really talks like that in real life, but it's still interesting.
Anyway, getting to the point, your (the American) dubbing industry sucks. Thing is, it's not just the VAs who suck, but it's also the script-writers who edit the translation of the script and localise it.
You're not only getting shitty lines like "Are you one of these GŠ°merGate creepshows", and "Another win for you SJW millennials", but you're also getting them delivered in bland voices that don't have any emotion in them at all.
Compare the average anime dub voice to this scene from AtLA; it might not be the best, but it's leagues above what anime dubs have.
youtube.com/watch?v=aYkuuu9u3EI

Japanese culture has a higher tolerance for melodrama, so they would think our voice actors were just as good.

lol wat

This is generally correct but specifically Spongebob's Japanese voice is incredibly on point.