How'd he find out about the death note during the timeskip?

How'd he find out about the death note during the timeskip?

I think that before dying Watari sent all the datas to Roger at the Wammy's house

This.
/thread.

then the DELET ALL DATA BUTTON was useless

Plot armour was stolen from Light

*perfectly copies years of deathnote names in one night*

Autism.

Don't think too hard about it. Death Note became shit after L died

He probably deleted the data in the HQ's server and at the same time it was implied that he sent the copy to Roger so no one, not even Kira, would have been able to access the Tsk Force's private information. They knew the chances to be found and killed by Kira were high, especially since L never really stopped to suspect Light.

If L was kira would he ever be caught?

O
MY
GEVANNI

what was Light's biggest fuck up?

>killing Lind L. Tailor
>killing Raye Penber
>letting Mikami freely kill whoever he wants

Killing Raye Penber. And also the way he killed him.

It was deleted fo Light I guess.
My thinking is that Near followed every step of L's investigation and came to that conclusion.
That a magical book was the tool to kill people,,,yeah.

Using the death note

how can the first two be a fuck up if he won the first part?

yeah, thats my opinion too
also penber was close to finish investigating light
if light waited one more day... he could've avoided all the fucking trouble afterwards

it wasn't a "delete to light button" because later in the recap epi right after L's death, Light watched a video containing all of his investigation towards himself
maybe that button was fake I think. because it was that secret countdown clock that sent information to the foster's home

he more like survived than won

Because he became the sole suspect of mass murdering despite doing it with a weapon that can do it from anywhere and leaves no trace

Most underrated character by far, makes the second half way better

you mean way worse right? if death note had a O MY RUBBER NEM moment it was definitely

Lots of cops were involved in Higuchi's case and some rumours spreaded. It's in the fucking manga!

>that button was fake
More like the writers were "oh shit, we can't make everything from square one again" and prefer to forget the button.
Or the button was just to create a cool scene with everything deleted.

Second part was a disaster. If Mikami had a separate page of the Death Note just for the meeting day, Near would be dead

O MY DEXTEROUS HANDS & FEET

>death note had a O MY RUBBER NEM moment
That would be Near immediately figuring out that Mikami is the second Kira with no proof whatsoever.

>also penber was close to finish investigating light
>if light waited one more day... he could've avoided all the fucking trouble afterwards
Exactly. Light was too hurried, should have waited a full week at least, and keep acting like a normal guy.
He basically had to kill him because Ryuk didn't want to be stalked even if he can't be seen. Also Light's excessive self-confidence and cockiness led him to make one of the most serious mistakes of the story. I honestly hoped Raye's waifu would avenge his man.

Not killing Misa is his only fuck up.

Couldn't do that because waifufag shinigami

Killing Rem was easy, he should have do that sooner.

But Shinigami can only die if they give their lives for someone else

this!!!

thats also another moment, I forgot about that
maybe it would be possible to reach mikami, but not that fast

Which is easy to bait. Light did it to kill L.

Misa seemed sad when Rem told her Gelus' story and how he saved her life, but she didn't give a shit when Rem died. What a bitch. I hated her for that.

a separate page wouldnt be necessary if he didn't rush to kill the reporter
that could also been avoided if mello was killed that night but thats another problem

Misa wouldn't have even been a problem if Light hadn't turned himself into the only suspect of the case.

And how the fuck does she go to such lengths to have another's person DNA on the tapes but still ends up with her jizz all over them.

Turning himself into the only suspect of the case wasn't a problem until Misa appeared and that was something no one could predict to happen. The only thing he could do at that point was killing both Misa and Rem, but the greedy asshole wanted to use her eyes. Too much of a risk, cost his life and dream.

Why was Light not immidently imprisoned after killing Ray Penbar?
How did Near find out Mikami was X-Kira?
How come Light didn't let Mikami keep a few extra pages just like he let Misa keep a few?

Giovanni didn't perfectly copy the note, Near just manipulated Mikami into thinking it was.

>Why was Light not immidently imprisoned after killing Ray Penbar?
No evidence
>How did Near find out Mikami was X-Kira?
O MY AVATAR STATE
>How come Light didn't let Mikami keep a few extra pages just like he let Misa keep a few?
Because otherwise he would have won and the authors wanted him to lose.

>Turning himself into the only suspect of the case wasn't a problem until Misa appeared
Yes it was. He could've been found out anytime. What Light did at the beginning of the series was insanely retarded.

>No evidence
There was no need to. L has shown that he is willing to breach human rights but he did not arrest Light despite him being the main suspect.
>O MY AVATAR STATE
Not even the manga handled it better. Maybe they could've found out about Mikami if they analyzed every tv channel but even then, Mikami being found to be X-Kira that fast was a pure leap of logic.
>Because otherwise he would have won and the authors wanted him to lose.
Seems that way.

"There must be another Kira. Who would be? Oh, there's that guy talking about Kira in the TV. That must be"
Lucky for him, he was right

Never forget that Near discovered where the Death Note was because Mikami ihas his daily life so in order that going more than once to the bank is out of his character. God, who lives like that?

>Why was Light not immidently imprisoned after killing Ray Penbar?
Because he wasn't the only suspect, and even when he was they had no solid proof.
The same way Kira found Mikami to be X-Kira: by investigating who was the perfect successor of Kira. It was just an hypothesis before finding the note anyway.
>How come Light didn't let Mikami keep a few extra pages just like he let Misa keep a few?
Mikami had an extra note.

The thing is that L wanted to won with evidence and shit.

It's not a stretch to analyze Mikami's actions at the critical moment of Takada's death.

Where it's dumb is the whole premise. Light's plan, as well as Near's, are retarded. And then the whole story is kinda retarded because how else can you find a supernatural killer? You need bad writing for Death Note to be interesting.

>He could've been found out anytime.
Literally how.

>Mikami had an extra note.
He didn't. If he had, he could've written Takada's name in his home without revealing the actual death note's position.
That's pretty retarded.

>he did not arrest Light
He did before the memory loss, and Kira kept killing people.

>leave a camera the Ryuk Ex Machina didn't notice
>check his computer for evidence
>just fucking arrest him for 10 days, no more Kira murder, there you go
Becoming the only suspect in a serious case like Kira is insanely dumb

If he had captured Light right after he started suspecting him, this would not have occured.

What I mean is that he had the fake note and that his "extra pages" were the real note.

tl;dr Near took his extra pages

Same user, You are right in the bad writing.
Let's remember how Light's father is a cop, and not only that but the cop in charge of the Kira investigation.

How lucky you have to be?

Or when Kira starts using the time feature in the Death Note and L was like "Okay, maybe he isn't a student and he is fucking with me. But I will still lead the investigation as he is a student" Lucky for him, he was right

If Mikami had kept 3 death note pages on his body for emergencies, Near would've never found out about the whereabouts of the real note book.

But L needed the help of the japanese police, taking Souchiro's son with no proof was too much of a risk. If Light were innocent he would have lost his only allies in the country.

>It's not a stretch to analyze Mikami's actions at the critical moment of Takada's death
The stupid thing was Mikami doing shit that went against Light's orders.

Maybe. But the sheer amount of bad writing is astonishing.

Mikami had no privacy, he couldn't keep extra pages hidden in his home nor body.

His biggest fuck up was not letting Mikami keep a page on his own. Anyone can break in a dumb lock box and steal the notebook, it's a highly funded agency.

Oh he could. His home wasn't bugged and even if it was, it's not that hard to keep a few pages in your socks.

That's reasonable. Mikami knew Kira couldn't judge as he wanted. The watch thing was an exception and it worked because Kira's teammates were retarded enough to leave him unmonitored during the Mello incident.

Mikami loved Light as a god, he couldn't let anyone kill his god. Light was dumb for thinking he wouldn't do a thing.

Am I the only one who liked part 2, at least in comparison to part 1?

Let's take a moment to remember light's grande plan; he had to touch the death note after recovering it, then keep holding it while he would stealthily kill the previous owner, without letting go of it once, and if he didnt manage to he would never regain the memories of the death note.
He pretty much planned to capture the guy while sitting in a helicopter and L trusting him enough to hand him the note.

I only didn't like the Mello parts.

Mello at least felt like a new character, Near on the other hand was mostly a L clone with slightly different autistic quirks.

The first part of death note had flaws, but it was dramatic enough that they didn't matter.

The second half with Near and Mello was atrociously written to asspull Lights failure.

Near pulls KiraX's identity out of his ass and decides to commit months of his (now only four person) task force to tailing him with no indication that he is in any way their suspect.

Mello does fuck all throughout most of it. In fact it could be argued that had light been as clever and ruthless as he is usually portrayed he could easily have arranged his father's death to swap the original notebook with a fake. The raid was the perfect opportunity.

That the task force continued to suspect Light even after his father exonerated him on his deathbed is slightly insane. From their perspective Near and Mello were more likely to be Kira 1&2 than Light and Misa who have repeatedly been proven not to be Kira.

Part 1 is just a retarded as part 2 if not more. At least part 2 had some rationale behind it with different groups trying to get the Death Note and fuck Light over, restricting his moves and destroying the trust of his team.
Part 1 is like "hey you're the only suspect because you're retarded but I won't do anything except bullshit some percentages and eat sweet".

At least L is cool.

>Light and Misa who have repeatedly been proven not to be Kira
Misa has been proven to be Kira. Giving the note away doesn't change that, even for Light. Not suspecting him would have been stupid.

>At least L is cool.
That's the biggest reason why part 1 is far more liked.

Death Note is a series with only two characters that are worth shit, and one dies halfway into the series.

Matsuda continued to trust Light.

Near is cute

Mello is alright.

>He pretty much planned to capture the guy and L trusting him enough to hand him the note.
Is it really too much of a stretch? Light knew the Death Note changed him Gollum style and that he was a good boy before. He was Souchiro's genius son on par with L and they were kinda friends. Also he thought it'd take them more time to get Higuchi.

And he does nearly nothing other than get blown up and get killed.

A lot more in the manga though.

He has to write a name, on a piece of paper on his clock, one handed, without letting go of the book once.
Im not sure what his impression of L was, but I find it strange to belive he'd knew that he would just glance away.
Hell even a normal person who just looks at you while talking to you would notice you writing in your clock paper.

He had to specifically be in a vehicle with action going on around him.
If he got handed the note after the capture was over, instead of during it, it wouldnt have worked.

But if his plan failed he would be free of memories but free of being investigated.
Even if he failed he would have at least a more or less normal college life.

They only real flaws of Death Note were the really really convenient rules of the Death Note which seemed to be specifically made to help Light.

Like shinigami eyes leting people see other's lifetime but conveniently hiding the ones of other users.

Or the really really convenient memory loss that could be recovered at any moment.

Or the really really convenient way to kill a shinigami and how conveniently Misa and Rem let him know.

Also Rem killing Watari and Ryuk telling Light that he was being observed by Ray Penber and the cameras.

Not just coming up with the idea to tear out a page of the book, put in another note book, have it bound at a store (or a post office, they’ll do that for you now too), and give that to mello instead of giving him the actual notebook.

He tested the note.

Pic related.
Watari deleted fucking everything, he only sent the "L is dead" message. Near had to start from scratch.

I wonder how the story would have gone if Light was illiterate like you.

Yet he has to tie everything to Light

>Im not sure what his impression of L was, but I find it strange to belive he'd knew that he would just glance away.
Because he knew he was an autist with no friends who befriended and trusted his coworkers quickly. So he became his friend, and not a fake friend because he wasn't Kira ta the moment. Blinded by friendship.

>Hell even a normal person who just looks at you while talking to you would notice you writing in your clock paper. If he got handed the note after the capture was over, instead of during it, it wouldnt have worked.
He is a skilled 1000 IQ genius, he could do it no problem in no time.

We all agree that even with all its flaws, it was a something.
Hell, even in 2017 we are still talking about it

But Rem kept telling him that if Misa ever was in danger she would automatically assume it was Light's fault and kill him before rescuing Misa and killing herself

It was a bluff, Rem knew Misa would have killed herself if Light died.

Been a while but all I know is that Matsuda got it right, Mikami was too much of a perfectionist, he must have been under control of Near through the death note at the end.

Also fuck anime ending, they completely ruined it

I like the L approach in the Netflix movie.
Grab a gun and go get Kira. The nigga style

>won
While Rem existed it was nearly impossible for him to lose. L effectively "won" by expending Light's get-out-of-jail free card.

It also would have been out of character for L not to have a deadman's switch of some kind, so there had to be a successor.

I hate how they romanticized Light's death in the anime. Manga is way better in everything.

watari didn't delet everything
the recap episode was basically light watching a video left by L

But how did he come to the conclusion there was a notebook?

see

In Death Note every assumption is enough to be regarded as 100% proof.

It seemed like the lifetime numbers were not actually readable by humans anyway.

Even more pointless to see them then. Literally their only purpose is to find other users.

Not telling Mikami to carry a spare sheet.

L was Kira and he got caught.

but if mikami weren't a fucking hasty fucker. spk wouldn't know about the other hidden book

What was Death Note’s “O MY RUBBER NEN” moment?

Near noticing Mikami.

OH MY SHINIGAMI TELLING ME ABOUT THE CAMERAS