Robot x Laserbeam

I don't know what you guys think, but I have to give it to Fujimaki, it was pretty damn hard to make me interested in golf, and he has managed it with Robot x laserbeam.

I'm still confused myself, but I am hooked up for the ride and I enjoy a lot the main actors in this manga.

The only downside so far is that there's a single waifu and she is irrelevant, but I guess this manga is to provide hausbandos while Bokuben is the new WSJ waifu provider.

What do you think abou RxL?

>waifu

I don't think you realize who the target audience is for this manga.

Is Fukimaki gay? Why is every boy he draws look so dreamy, cute or hot?

cricket manga when

I read it every week. I don't know why.

It made me buy Golf Story, which I enjoyed for the golf and the surprising amount of comedy .

Enjoying the fuck out of it. Not sure why.

I liked it early on when it was about Robo coming into the sport, but the second all these other cliche ass sports manga dudes showed up I tuned out fast

It's not bad, it's just less interesting now

fujo audience basically carried kuroko so artist is banking on them again. wasn't this floundering recently? i recall the usual shitposting about the ranking in one of the TOC threads.

I'm only reading it for the boys, I don't even like golf.

It's okay. At least it's a sport Fujimaki actually understands this time. There aren't any characters I like as much as anyone in BSball yet. Robot has his moments but NotAomine is alright too.

I'm in it for the boy as well.

The moment they started introducing the super power golf shots it started going downhill for me
It got a bit too much at the end of Kuroko

>he doesn't want to taste the rainbow

It should be fine provided that he doesn't underthink the power scaling and end up with a retarded Kise + Akashi + Jabberwock clusterfuck.

I'm actually surprised that I've enjoyed it as much as I have. I'm finding Robato a lot more likeable than Kuroko too.

>Fujimaki
More like fujomaki

When Pajeet wins the shounen jump contest.

I like it a lot for some reason, the light hearted tone is spot on too. I have a hard time getting into the actual sport though, didn't really have that problem with Basugay.

The graphical snake was a bit unnecessary but it wasn't egregious. It's been tame so far. I'm enjoying it.

Do you have hopes for anything in particular if/when it gets an anime adaptation?

If it works, it works. And aside from NotHanamiya, it's been nowhere near as homoerotic as KnB was.

I swear I've seen one before, but it probably got shitcanned early. Non-mainstream sports usually don't do well when it comes to sales.

I read it but is on the verge of being dropped.
The mc and his "I'm brutally autistic so I can concentrate in one thing and masterize it without errors" is too much, I would prefer it to be more incremental.

I get the feeling that they are all op but it's the fucking beginning.

I enjoy it, I do hate the fact that everyone is seemingly OP right out of the gate though. I mean seriously, this autist is already playing pretty evenly against professionals that are hailed as prodigies. Hopefully it doesn't start some retarded power scaling bullshit where there are somehow people even better than the top experts and pros that just hang around and doing nothing except help advance the plot

What is the NBA like in Kuroko anyway

I dunno, never read it but I bet they were basically superhuman monster men

Everything the Basugay cast did, they did it better because they weren't shrimps.

>gets to his publish his work in the best-selling manga magazine
>fanbase is 95% fujos
That's gotta hurt a bit.

KnB's massive fujoshi fanbase is what let him be able to do a golf manga of all things in the first place. I don't think he's feeling too bad about it.

>KnB's massive fujoshi fanbase is what let him be able to do a golf manga of all things in the first place.
Exactly. Fujos making up majority of his fanbase has to sting just a bit. It wasn't popular or good enough to gain a fanbase like Slam Dunk which was mostly guys.

Pretty evenly? Not at all. Even the "samurai" is playing against nobodies.

Dinosaur extinction-level play. Every time Michael Jordan dunked, it blew out the entire arena and killed half the crowd. There are serious precautions that must be taken when prepping for an NBA game to minimize the number of casualties.

I think as long as it's popular and he can tell the story he wants, the composition of the fanbase is irrelevant. It'd hurt if his only fans were fujos, so he had to craft the story to appeal to them, but it was only mediocre or flopped anyway sales-wise. As far as we know doing what he wants and happens to have a large fujo following that will spend money on character merch. And I think it's doing okay- maybe not amazingly well compared to KnB, but still respectable. Missed the last Manga sales thread so I don't really know for sure though.

The dude is a complete newbie at golf who's only claim to "fame" is his dad teaching him some godly swinging technique and he's managed to keep up with his peers who have played golf for years and have even played in tournaments and shit. He's doing pretty damn well I would say against people who the author is trying to portray as professional or at least whatever the step under professional golf would be.

Gotta admit though, the author could be doing that shit where he introduces all these people and plays them up as god tier and then later we find out their actually bottom tier nobodies in the real gold world

>make manga you want
>make a shitload of money
>this somehow stings

This is exactly why I find it fun, if this is only the beginning it can get to be a wild ride of fun and over the top techniques, and I find that amusing.

Got to clarify that I am an avid fan of Baki.

I think a bunch of wild techniques can be fun as well I just hope it doesn't reach a point where it's asspull after asspull and it seems like some sort of retardedly unrealistic gag manga instead of a manga playing it loose with how realistically or it portrays golf. Either way I think I would enjoy it, I was just hoping this would be a bit more grounded in reality or something I guess

So far the techniques are not that far off what true golfers do, so let' wait and see I guess.

Why are all Fujimaki manga so mind-numbingly dull

>The only downside so far is that there's a single waifu and she is irrelevant
I think having a female friend/sidekick is mandatory in Jump series, even if she is normally useless. The only counterexample I can think of is Hiatus x Hiatus, where they only get one 5 arcs into it.

It's atrociously bad. It's so painfully boring and outrageously generic that it's unironically a great manga. Probably one of the worst sport manga on jump, or possibly ever, every week I find myself waiting for the newest chapter.

>What do you think about RxL?
>what do I think about a manga about an autist being good at golf
Fucking boring and painful to read.

Is it the autism moe?

It's literally just a Prince of Tennis rip off, right down to MC's dad being some hidden monster of the golf/tennis world and MC having ingrained his dad's teachings and habits naturally without a lot of mentoring. The only difference is Ryoma is cocky while Robato is autistic.

Considering some Japanese prodigy could knock down shots from half court and full court with 100% accuracy, the NBA in Kuroko's probably just all Golden State