What is your favorite state capitol building in the United States?

I'll admit I'm a bit biased in my choice but you can't go wrong with Texas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_state_and_territorial_capitols_in_the_United_States

Other urls found in this thread:

dailykos.com/stories/2007/9/28/391393/-
youtube.com/watch?v=mZuecbfjdlc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a good one. Inside and out it is beautiful. That granite is local to the state if I recall correctly.

Come and Take It!

It's also the place where Cougars go to pick up homeless men.

My band were invited to and did play for the last gubernatorial celebration for Rick. I have pic's to prove it. It was cold that day and Rick even let in local homeless folks to eat free BBQ and a lot of those peeps sat in front of our bandstand to watch us while they all chewed their food like cattle chewing their cuds. Weird gig.

Today: probably New Hampshire, White, Republican enclave in New England, muh guns

Historically: Virginia, a lot of great Americans came from there: Washington, Jefferson, John Randolph, Robert E. Lee

>pagan goddess statue on top
Into the trash it goes

Izzat right? I have some old ratty clothes that might attract them. Hmmmmm.

size matters

its truth, Heard story's of several homeless people who charmed their way into a sugar mamas mansion.

Ha! I stuck my finger in the bullet holes from rounds that killed Huey. I grew up in Lafayette and visited there. How 'bout them apples?

You'd think Louisiana would have a more Gothic/Neo-Classical building or a mixture of both, this just looks lazy to me

>forgetting about the Boston goldmember

We need more buildings like this and less of the brutalist nonsense you can see in much of DC.

All saints look alike. Who wants that for a decoration.

>Homeless people watched you play music.
Hell of a crowd

It's true, we need to go back to our Neo-Classical roots

Wow. Thanks for the pro tip.I think they'd be stories though. Sorry for grammar Nazi shit. I am going to find my homeless clothes now. They give out free coffee and food in the morning there.

it's okay, without Grammar Nazi's the internet would cause the English language to rapidly evolve into gibberish.

No shit, huh?And at the state capitol. It was cold and the smartly dressed hid for cover from the wind. The vagrants were hawngreeee.

Jelly. Can't believe our state capitol looks like a damn mansion

Also, I love how Vermont is basically Boston State House: mini-me edition

Obviously Virginia. Not only is it the second oldest active state capital, but it was the first building in the New World to be built in the classical revival style. It's elegant, but not to flashy or over the top.

The only State Capitol Building that matters.

It is. Enchanted Rock is made of the same stuff

Also designed by Thomas Jefferson himself.

"We knew what it [the building complex] was going to look like" - Architect John Mock

The story of the US Navy's giant swastika-shaped barracks, built in the late 1960's and located at the Naval Amphibious Base Coronado, just South of San Diego, has been all over the news. Rightly so - it's the biggest government subsidized swastika display on Earth.
dailykos.com/stories/2007/9/28/391393/-
youtube.com/watch?v=mZuecbfjdlc

Oregon has a golden lumberjack on top. Shit is top tier. Unfortunately it's in Salem.

I used to live a couple blocks from there. It's actually a very beautiful building.

they literally all look the same

homeless?

Did you find a cougar to take you in?

Texas capitol is pretty nice.

I went to get an image of our capitol (MN) from Wikipedia but everyone in the picture was a somali and it made me sad

It's still a nice picture. Sad that where Swedes go Somalis must follow