Friendship, Effort, Victory = Generic Shonen Shit

The main reason of shonen manga be generic is because most of them picks at least one of those mottoes in order to build a story.
So in order to not be generic, it needs to be subverted.

The problem is how to do it.
How to make an manga where everyone tries to betray everyone, an lazy MC or story of constant defeat be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>lazy MC
>everyone tries to betray everyone
That’s seinen

>"wahahahah the stories that have been told since the beginning of humanity are so bad, because I can't get any friends and dont want to invest any kind of effort in my self"

>being this much of an edgemaster

Just end it, OP.

death note did it

mc was a super talented, popular, good looking guy and also a mass murderer

no physical fights, no training, no power of friendship, only psychological battles and a murder mystery plot

reminder that jump refused shingeki no kyojin because it deviated too much from the three pillars, losing millions in the process

Good one.
But we need more variety than just psychological battle.
>Shingeki no Kyojin
Now we have an good start.

>Whaaaa I don't want to actually commit any effort in life and just want to be a lazy faggot

Annon there's a reason these kind of things aren't often subverted, they make for shit stories to follow. Like hell, even Senien still follow these ideals to some extent. They just make them hard to get to.

Why the fuck would you ever want a lazy MC? They always turn into "I am super elite when I actually try" bullshitters and/or turn the plot into a series of events being inflicted on them. They are the worst possible MCs

>death note did it
Wait, are we talking about shounen in general? Not just battle shounen? Because if so, OP is a fucking retard. There are tons of shounen not about this shit.

>Because if so, OP is a fucking retard. There are tons of shounen not about this shit.
OP is a newfag. Of course he wouldn't know.

Name the ones what were successful.
No interest in failed attempts.

google.com/

Yotsubato. Now fuck off, newfag.

>Effort, Victory = Generic Shonen Shit.

>Yotsubato.
Clearly friendship, if not family love.

Most of genres I saw already falls into friendship ones at least.

There is still effort, friendship and victory in Death Note, the difference is that the formula to show this has been subverted. We follow the villain and, in the end, he loses because, unlike the detectives, he does not have these three values.

And SnK is full of friendship, effort and victory as well. But it was turned down for being too violent and graphic. A completely normal decision, considering that the audience is composed of many children and pre-teens.

But let's remember that this is something of Shonen Jump. Other magazines like Gangan, Sunday, Magazine and SQ are not so restricted. You should read more, my friend.

Devilman.

Japanese teens spend all their time studying, it's a difficult life, no dating, no sex, no fun. Shonen magazines are made to encourage them to not give up, to make them dream.

what about you stop reading shonen?

>There is still effort, friendship and victory in Death Note
Not him, but these aren't major themes/focuses. If you're going to literally exclude every series that features effort, friendship, or victory, then you're going to be hitting a ridiculously wide selection of things with superficial to no similarities.

already by making the suggestion that a common theme makes two series the same OP have walked down that path.

Fair enough, actually.