Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series

A week after Made In Abyss ends, the next contestant for they AOTY enters the stage

Other urls found in this thread:

baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Kino_no_Tabi:Volume5_Chapter2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought you guys said that Kino was a girl and not a boy but they call she a he in this episode?? Was I deceived?

It's likely not a mistake. Kino is misgendered all the time. She just doesn't care.

kino dresses like a boy so that she doesnt have to kill all the people trying to rape her

>Made In Abyss
>AOTY
You fags need to watch more anime.

But it was Hermes, I think it was a translator fuck up

movie kino a cute

name 1 better

Kino loves my semen so much.

>AOTS
>anything but Umaru

If you watched more than shounenshit, then you could name plenty of anime that's better, newfag. Hell, the thing is not even as good as the manga, as usual.

You gotta admit it was a pretty weak season

I have seen over 10 animes, newfag.

>Hermes calling Kino a "he"
Crunchyroll is inserting their own gender politics BS in this aren't they

Why should I care about this show?
Do I have to watch the first season?

What the FUCK is CR doing

Because it seems like a nice show.
I mean if you want to.

you can't name one better, can you?

oh boy shitposting life aint easy

>just finished watching the 2003 anime
Kino is so cute.
Why doesn't this series seem very popular? Maybe it's because I didn't have any prior interest in it but I think I've seen only a handful of threads about it. It's very relaxing.

How's the movie?

this is the new series

Writing: 10/10
Kino's new clothes: 3/10
CGI Hermes: 0/10
Kino's aesthetic revolver being replaced by some fucking generic deagle: -100/10

b8

Kino still has the revolver, speedwatcher-san.

I found my axefu

So... can I start with this one or Do I have to watch the 2003 show?

Ya they even call them both out by name and zoom in on each. How the fuck do you miss that?

>CG bike
0/10

I just finished watching the ep and you're right. Easy mistake to make with Japanese though.

you can

Nice, I will check it out

pretty good
would have been better if they didn't use the manga chapter

Hot dang, this country.
Much like the dumbass I expected a detroit style hellhole.
Instead it's the american dream: the country.

why is her head so fucking big?

As soon as i heard the MURDER IS LEGAL line i knew it was going to be the most polite and well structured country it could possibly be. People in general are pretty good about self policing. At least in small groups.

>Why doesn't this series seem very popular?
anyone who is into anime knows about it. the only ones who don't are newfags or aren't really into anime as a whole.

They made her too moe, another great series ruined, gg

anarchy done right

i really liked the 2003 show, but this was a pretty shitty display.
>chav anime shouting
>twist baiting
>bating for nice kino-sayings, but they don't come out all natural

3/10 episode, but i'll keep watching just in case

Mahoujin guruguru.

it is the decade of moe

child proportions. Kino is a prepubescent child

Well memed.

Looks like Nagato.

>implying I am

As a fan of the original series (and Kohaku Kuroboshi's art), I liked it a lot. Some thoughts:

>Pacing, etc was good. Some nice direction in some scenes, esp. the scene where Kino is looking out the window from her hotel room
>Animation was decent. There were a few little bits of animation that were really nice.
>CG wasn't terrible. Some of it was appropriate (eg the shot with Hermes' stand being kicked off) others were either blended in okay or was just unnecessary. The CG at the start (with Kino talking to the traveller) was distracting and I see no reason why that had to be CG.
>Atmosphere was spot on. The only caveat were the scenes in the fields. The neon green grass was distracting. Everything in the town looked great, though.
>Music fitted well. I liked the piano piece that plays when Kino first enters the town.
>I liked Kino's voice a lot. It's a little different, but it suits her well.
>Hermes' was VERY different, voice-wise. It changes his character to be slightly different, which annoys me, but at the same time I think that's okay. It's still an appropriate personality for his role, if that makes sense.

It was good. Looking forward to the next one.

this

hopefully we get a different directer next time around.

confirmed
It is kino

kino's design is the only good thing about this show.

At least for us potato lovers we have Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou.

watch the 2003 one, then lament how much shittier this one is.

Why is this one shitty? Aside from CG.

KINO IS TRANS

TRANS

>tfw kids don't watch Elfen Lied and Higurashi but Made in Abbyss and Attack on Titan
Sad

This skull is quite irrational

Which book does the first anime leave off at? Or are there big enough differences between the LN and the show to warrant reading from the beginning?

It's episodic, the first adaption isn't linear with regards to how the LN was written over time.

>irrational
irrational is applying real proportions to ani-fuckin-me. anything done outrageously is meant to emphasize something. in this case; kino's youth

Her skull doesn't need to be shaped like a fucking peanut for anime though.

Oh, okay. Thank you.

That would be true if the subs call her they.

I dunno, it looks faithful to me.

Wow, I wish Kino looked like in the new adaption this instead.

I noticed if you go frame by frame the camera panning was out of sync with the kino-on-bike CGI. It's hilarious, they thought "this shit looks too smooth" so they intentionally made it judder/stutter instead.

the original had a lot more well rounded characters, or that is the say the characters were portrayed in a well rounded manner.

episode 2 was my favorite, I do not want to spoil but I recommend you watch it. pay attention to the wide variety of emotions expressed and not expressed.

pay attention to how kino interacts with the set of characters on hand.

in the original there was never any shouting retard who you knew was going to antagonize kino from the moment you first set eyes on him.

Are you having a stroke?

kino is a qt and is the only reason I will continue watching this anime despite the horrible directing.

I messed up haha.

I wonder if that has more to do with the source material. Was the "shouting retard" there in the original chapter? Can only do so much with what you're given, you know.

Why do people fawn over edgelord stuff like this?
>oh man it deals with violence and people shutting off their brains and murdering to survive, that makes it anime of the year

>potato design
Cute, warm, but looks dumb
>2017 design
Pretty, but bland and lacks charm

What's the solution?

Not bait, I want a fucking answer. There's nothing "deep" to this. It's the same note over and over,
>oh look people are awful, wow look at this woman holding an axe, that's like, so different from our everyday peaceful life! but like, that could be us at any time too, cause like, people suck, right! THANK YOU PLEASE HANG YOUR GOLD MEDALS AND BLUE RIBBONS ON ME, AOTY ALL YEARS

Is this a remake or a sequel to 2003?

Here:
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Kino_no_Tabi:Volume5_Chapter2

We might? Despite what the anime may have lead you to believe, Kino actually ages in the books. Depends on what stories get adapted, I guess.

pretty sure the first episode is about this violent subject matter in order to draw in viewers, i'm sure the others will be more like the original series

>What's the solution?
read the LN

Is there a time where Kino gets to a country and their policy is too troublesome and just skips it?

>well rounded characters
Heh.

Re-adaptation.

god the writing is so bad.
why is it all dialogue?

But Kino is literally not a he

The novel isn't much better, it's Gulliver's Travels for dumb otaku. Instead of wit you get a cute girl.

>Make Kino thread that inviting newfags and shitposter
Seriously neck yourself OP

>why is it all dialogue?
monogatari is the same way isn't it? that's just how japan does things

kino is trying to look and act like a male, so hermes would call kino by male pronouns in order to keep up appearances

>why is it all dialogue?
sasuga brainlet

You have completely the wrong idea of what the episode is about. The country is peaceful because they know any act of violence means instant death by mob with no repercussion for said mob. It's not about grimdarkness of the human soul.

>why is it all dialogue?
Why is this bad?

It's literally the American dream, brainlet.

>implying
If he was an actual novelist there'd be some legitimate prose and context. LN authors are trash.

Kino identifies as no gender. If anyone calls her a boy or a girl she says "I'm just Kino"
To think Hermes would actually call Kino a he is very doubtful. It's either a translation error of Crunchyroll pushing their own little agenda.

Or*

Because it's disjointed text? Pretty interesting if you've read other light novels + real novels and compare it to this.

literally tumblr: the series
why does anyone bother with this drivel?

lol you are so bitter its funny

>translation error
japan has many neutral pronouns, using "he" is just a localization that makes sense for english speakers and doesn't conflict with any of the story

So, it's just different, not bad? I don't understand why it's disjointed.

once upon a time we lived in a world without the trans agenda. this conversation would not happen in 2003

Whether the old series was better or not I still think this is an AOTS contender