Your new big 3

no thanks

>mfw I'm fine with this

Replace AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH with DBS and then it is perfect.

MHA and black clover are not even long-running shows.
It's only one-piece and boruto....

Toei struck gold in the west once but in the age of information we're no longer forced to watch Toei trash

Christ, the future is bleak.

Oh yeah I forgot DBS.

DBS,Boruto and One pice.

>black clover isn't long running
Why does Pierrot do this? I genuinely hated that ElDlive ended so early

I don't even know how they classify a source material's viability for longrunning.

Popularity? I think it's just industry trends shifting. They're not willing to give shit a try. Tokyo Ghoul had 60 or so chapters condensed into 12 episodes. Then they had a sequel that was filler only just like Black Butler was at the time. So even if it's popular you still get 1 season at best and then some filler nobody asked for that secondaries get tricked into watching. Boruto is pretty much its own canon. Just like DB in that regard. (though of a higher budget)

none of these series are million sellers and l doubt they'll ever be

Honestly Kishimoto is an absolute beast,he might not me in the top as far as art style goes(even if it's pretty good) but his consistency is amazing,imagine what he could do with only monthly releases?

I found the art (and story) in general lacking post part 1 when it comes to the naruto manga. I feel like he's gotten less assistants then he had during the early parts of naruto. But I totally understand why Naruto is popular. It had a universally liked start and cute boyslove.

Man you can really tell who does and doesn't read manga around here

I wonder if all those literacy programs from my childhood backfired and now you got a buncha dudes who would rather pound nails through their scrotums than read like some kind of neeeeeeeeeeerd

I like his art, it's sketchy and rough.
totally lost in the plasticky dogshit looking TV version

>big 3
>haikyuu and kingdom sell more than this shit

Great argument buddy.

>sketchy and rough
it was like that in part 1 and it was good but then it turned super sterile and undetailed, at some point in early part 2 he even completely gave up on shading

Sure,and a soap opera in my country probably has more audience than those,does it make it better?

>Naruto ripoff on top
>Naruto redux on the left
>Naruto sequel nobody asked for on the right

Remember when the "Big 3" were at least three diverse manga that all liked Akira Toriyama, was encouraged by him, but wrote three different manga known as One Piece, Bleach and Naruto?

Shueisha has lost it's ability to market the right manga when they got obsessed with Naruto.

>would rather pound nails through their scrotums than read like some kind of neeeeeeeeeeerd
Are you from Europe? Because here in America, that's how the average person is. If you ask them whether they think grammar and spelling are important, they will tell you they only care about that kind of stuff in a classroom setting (doing homework, e-mailing a teacher). They don't care if they look and sound like retards.

Boku no Hero is more inspired by capeshit than Naruto.

But the "big three" was never about being good because they were all trash. It was about being popular.

Yeah but nobody in the west cares about those shows.You're shitposting with westerners not japs so even if it's pretty fucking popular so what?

No the writer said the main inspiration of MHA was Naruto and he just went with the Cape shit as the proper pronoun like how Soul Reaper is the proper pronoun of Spirit Detective.

Difference is that Bleach got away from majority of the Yu Yu Hakusho comparisons through actual effort.

What was the last original series that was long running and not something like DBS or kids shows?

One Piece has never been particularly popular in the west either but it was still part of the big three.

And not a single long running shonen at the moment matches up with how popular the big three were at their peak.

like fuck it is

it's far more of a naruto reboot than a battle shonen version of spiderman

If I recall correctly, Bleach was more popular in the west in OP was.

it's the best selling manga of all time in france, the biggest market after japan

Here they are.

Bleach has always had more in common with Saint Seiya than Yu Yu Hakusho

That's because Saint Seyia was one of the inspirations of Bleach. But most people opt to compare it to Yu Yu Hakusho despite Kubo putting in the effort to change the majority of it.

How come big 3s never feature a female MC?

Is Boruto even popular?

Gotei 13 have a couple of things in common with the Gold Saints:

1) The only good arc in both franchises is when they're the antagonists
2) After said arc they do nothing but job
3) They're still wanked to death regardless

>how come series targeted at young boys have something besides a young boy as the MC

Holy shit Sazae-san is still going

Except the Gotei 13 actually beat a number of Arrancar going up to Espada level.

You are confusing their defeat in the end of the Final Arc Invasion as them jobbing.

Plus there were 2 good arcs after Soul Society.

>Detective Conan (Case Closed)
Damn amerilards sure are retards.

For the love of god Anime is more than just some black and white with boring panelling and dialogue shameless fetish manga. If you read manga you're literally reading inferior light novels

define long running

>capeshit screams their techniques, have a retarded heriarchy system and tournament arcs

There is no big 3.
There's One Piece, and the rest.
Deal with it.

Haha he never said that

Yes he did. Kishimoto even approved of this. Look up the Wikipedia to see.

One piece was contending with other manga? Haha next joke.

we need to go back

Naruto is at least 20x bigger than One Piece worldwide.
>b-but muh manga
No one gives a shit. Anime is much bigger than manga.

you can stop posting now

Same.

>Anime is much bigger than manga
no it fucking isnt you absolute retard.

>Haikyuu
>battle manga

>implying One Piece is ever going to leave the big three while it's still running

>Remember when the "Big 3" were at least three diverse manga that all liked Akira Toriyama, was encouraged by him, but wrote three different manga known as One Piece, Bleach and Naruto?
wrong each was encouraged by HxH, Saint Seiya and dragonball respectively

Does anyone actually like or care about Boruto?
If so... why?

HXH started after One Piece.

So who is the Kubo of this trip though

narutards just dont want to move on

Boruto is garbage, but still better than One Piece.

>The only good arc in both franchises is when they're the antagonists
but soul society wasn't good though.
the closest any arc came to being "good" on any objective standard was the substitute shinigami one.
Followed by the final arc for the memes.
SS arc was garb in all aspects.

>Wikipedia

>define long running
Something like OP or Naruto where instead of the anime being in seasonal installments, it keeps going while the manga is still being published and there are times when they have to add in shit tons of filler just for the manga to get ahead.

That shit started with Saint Seiya.

>how come series targeted at young boys have something besides a young boy as the MC
>implying boys wouldn't be into cute girl MCs
It aint the 90s anymore with boys assuming all girls have kooties user

>screams their techniques
if you've read more recent capeshit they do actually.

>japanese heriarchy system started with Saint Seiya
Are you aware that the entire japanese population lived during centuries with that kind of system?
And no, there were several manga before SS with that.

Naruto, the cool shonen (now bnha instead of bleach) and the other one that I will never touch instead of one piece. Seems about right.

>HXH started after One Piece
but before Naruto

The way your post was it was lined up so that you were saying One Piece was inspired by HXH. I see what you were going for now though.

>the cool shonen (now bnha instead of bleach)
Hardly anything about MHA is inherently cool.
It's closer to being goofy like OP.
When you think about it no shounen really focuses on being anything "cool" anymore really.

Soul Society was the best of the arcs. Pre-Reaper was second best. 1000 Year Blood war was the third. Arrancar arc (21-32) was 4th.

The two bad arcs were FKT war arc and Fullbring.

What's the top one?

Isn't Hero Academia a 1 cour anime?
How can you be a big 3 with 1 cour?

One Piece became its own thing

Like, its a space station with a crew of drunk astrounauts partying everyday without a care for earth.

3 cours

Hero aca is one of my favorite manga. Should I start Black Clover?

all of that is wrong.
It goes.
Substitute
bloodwar
fullbring
and then who cares about the rest besides best girl Nel.

You should watch the anime, I hear it's pretty good.

pls respond

fairy tail maybe? It had 2 breaks but still plenty of filler. And is getting continued in 2018 for more than your standard 12 episodes

I like the show because on top of having decent animation, it gives the side characters who aren't named Boruto a chance to shine.

He's also not a complete Gary Stu yet so it's still got potential to be interesting (Naruto before they introduced Orochimaru basically).

The manga is too slow and the art is garbage by comparison though and I think that the anime is about to take a hit in quality if Pierrot is moving animators to Black Clover.

It has potential and comfy feels. It'll take a while before the edge starts which will bring the battles everyone wants.

>all these plebs forgetting how big Gintama is in Japan

Sunrise loves it so much that they're animating the chapters they skipped this season and it's even getting a live action movie.

It is close to ending though however so it should be interesting to see what takes its place in the gags portion of JUMP.

Also, wasn't Assassination Classroom a pretty big hit in Japan when it was running?

yes, assclass was a million seller

It was, it sure got dull after a while, it also wasted its twist hard

>wasn't Assassination Classroom a pretty big hit in Japan when it was running?
Just because a series is a hit doesn't mean it's good.

>big 3
Fuck off, this is solely an American thing. Back in Japan, it was always One Piece dominating over both Naruto and Bleach in terms of popularity and sales.

This isn't about your personal opinion though.

Big 3 implies massive popularity due to many people liking it.

As far as I remember, AssClass was a Big 3 contender but the author already had an ending in mind and kept to writing the specific amount of chapters instead of milking it.

we are talking about the current big 3, naruto ended unlike one piece, so its stupid to bring it up.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I see I see

No one cares about assclass anyway

>He's also not a complete Gary Stu
>looks at jougan and god slayer tattoos

>He's not a complete Gary Stu
>looks at next episode preview
>O
>MY
>LIGHTNING
>SHURIKEN

None of those will ever reach DB/Naruto/Bleach/OP tier