Dies Irae is what you buy when you crave for a third-rate chuuni anime series uncomfortably distended across 40+ hours...

Dies Irae is what you buy when you crave for a third-rate chuuni anime series uncomfortably distended across 40+ hours of crap graphics substituted for the typically mediocre direction of an actual anime.

Dies Irae is paradoxically the most pure and most disingenuous of fanservice: loli/moe garbage colored up with throwaway references to a literal-minded high school art student's take on Nietsche. To anyone above an eighth-grade level of literacy, it's quasi-physical torment. There's no real gameplay to speak of to make the usual high-concept low-execution frame of anime palatable, hallways between protracted cutscenes featuring underdirected anime puppets shaking their porcelain udders or flowing boy locks while spewing arbitrary acronyms or glib references to that wasn't even that clever when it was written in Latin or German.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/B0bduh/status/916400749130555392
youtube.com/watch?v=W-Qj-ybSpMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

God damn it and I was about to watch the episode.....

so who is the main character
blonde hitler or the guy who transformed the blonde guy into the new hitler?

yeah, it was really boring and juvenile

This sounds even more pretentious than actual Die Israel writing.

I claim this thread for Hajun

This average japanese highschool boy

oh for fuck sake

Let's be real, we want to see it at the end of the last episode, but it won't happen.

That would be so fucking hype.

THE FEAR

So is this series a /jp/ shitposting magnet, or what? There's a bizarre amount of threads shitting on it for something that came out a day ago and didn't even blow up or anything.

Was episode 0 supposed to make absolutely no sense, or is the script going to be like that for the whole thing?

>yfw DI anime is just a prequel to the actual project
>KKK anime

That's just what he appears to be. The MC's real backstory is deeply connected to the magic nazis.

When will it catch fire?

Let's be real: Ren is, from beginning to end, your standard high school protag.

It's a side story that you are supposed to read after finishing the first two of the VNs four routes. It makes no sense that they would make it the first episode.

>KKK translation is announced after the last DI episode

What a convoluted, disjointed piece of crap that episode was.
Does it get extremely better? Because this is about to turn into one of the exceptions to my "3-episode rule".

He is not. "Standard high school protag" doesn't want to fight and doesn't want to kill. Ren is not only ready to fight for the things he holds dear, he is ready to kill for it pretty much from the start. He takes his insanity on the next level in KKK as Yato, but I guess it doesn't matter for dies.

why wouldn't they just release is after the series as an ova? i was expecting good things from it. but that first episode was a real let down

It's just pasta

See This episode was not a good sign for what is to come but you should probably give it one more episode.

I can wait another week. But seriously, that "episode 0" or whatever put me the hell off.

>ジッグハイル
>May we have victory
Ah, don't you just love political correctness?

This episode was supposed to be just fanservice for the VN readers, but the amount of quality just doomed it.

Honestly, as someone who knows nothing about this series and came in with no expectations, I didn't have that much of an issue with the first episode. Yeah, it was pretty nonsensical, but I assumed it was your typical "there's crazy shit happening, you'll find out later" prologue.

Anyone knows the track's name that plays here?

post kino moments

>MAL hates it
AOTS

Fuck off.

fuck didn't mean to quote

twitter.com/B0bduh/status/916400749130555392

Friendly reminder of the moralfaggotry we'll be in for

Stop posting twitter shit you retarded faggot. Let's not turn into fucking Sup Forums

Oh no, people are enjoying things for the wrong reasons

Kill yourself.

It's either her theme or Sakurai's

Nazi cute girls are the best.

It's the anime version of this
youtube.com/watch?v=W-Qj-ybSpMY

Indeed!

Did the fight scene cuts not bother you a bit? I'm gonna keep watching it though, hope it improves.

Best girl best track

I hope they saved animation budget for all good moments like Beatrice vs Eleonore, that battle where Rusalka was killed by Key and universe scale duel between 3 Gods.

This is Marie route so it would be Rusalka getting dragged around like ragged ball by Schreiber.

Her best fate.

MAL is where you go when you crave for an inaccurate site filled with nothing but anime normies and complete neckbeards distended across thousands of users substituted for the value of one's own opinion and replaced with the need to have your taste accepted by anyone because you're an actual Beta Male with no will of your own.

Like OP.

This was as tragic as the hilarious end for her.

What was Spinne desire?

Be a janitor

The studio making this clearly don't give a rat's ass about the source material.

I wish Masada went with somebody else.

I doubt they have the budget to improve this, just read the VN if you're interested then come back to the anime if you like it.

It's a VN adaptation, it was bound to be mediocre at best and utter shit at worst. The original VN is not especially good to begin with.

Fuck off, shitposter

Why the fuck do you post screen of that cancer site? Go back there and don't return faggot.

Yes, someone having contending views on your favorite series is a shitposter. Kill yourself.

He's probably drinking at a bar while muttering "Why didn't I go with MAPPA?"

I just started the VN and dear god, I want to fuck Rusalka. What do?

So... This is a power of chuuni writing.

He is right about VN adaptations. They almost never work and we knew that a kickstarter project wouldn't end in a good result

So cheap. It's really obvious when they think giving a show some decent budget won't help it sell.

That's not a proper argument. At least read the VN before commenting on the anime.

I thought it was decent until near the ending where they turned the prologue into a clusterfuck. Maybe hearing the original VAs made it better than it looked.

Suffer like the rest of us in Bucharest sewers

>MAPPA
No fuck them just watch Altair so you can learn that this studio also rapes the source material

Just curious, what VNs would you consider good?

>MAPPA
Well, as long as they don't replace him with a soap opera writer it would work

Nekopara

I don't get why couldn't they just translate it in English.

Zero Escape

>he thinks Altair was their worst this year
Be grateful you didn't watch Bahamut

Doki Doki Literature Club
Huniepop
Katawa Shoujo
Nekopara

Ikikoi

>giving a show some decent budget
It was crowdfunded.

Sakura Spirits
Nekopara
Dream Daddy

>complaining about animation budget when this episode only has 7 first key animators
They need more manpower instead of budget.

But I did user I just don't want to talk about that

Pretty much and I'm more surprised people even care here about MAL/reddit scores in general.

Nobody oathed a more honest man.
There was no more truth.
Everyone was not pure in love:
Still, no one betrayed all the oaths.
All treaties, his true love!
Please answer me, dead man: Why can you understand?
The furious fire in my chest melts all the dirt, all the impurities into forgetfulness!
You cleanse yourself, the dirt is washed, it melts and becomes clean. Your soul will be freed like this,
Gold that glows until ignorance remains, its pure gloss.
Yes, the twilight of the gods is above us.
So I will be reborn as a fire to purify the sacred hole of Valhalla!
(Form of creation) Beriya
(Cursed Sword) MuspellsheimLævateinn

Please Bang My Wife
Marina's Cuckolding Report

This is chuunishit.

>has a character named shirou
>he's likened to blades
Really makes me think.

Go away /vn/

>tfw even this mess of a first episode was better than Virgin Soul
Yeah, my mistake. There is no second season of Bahamut

Fate/Stay Night

Makes you think about how unoriginal and mediocre the VN is?

Something something metafiction

Gonna be honest, when I read this if someone would ask me what I think about it I would say it's retarded and stupid.
I would agree with everybody and say it's fucking stupid but deep inside I actually think this is pretty fucking awesome so fuck me.

There's a reason this shit only popular to fujoshit in japan.

>Riza Brenner, not Lisa
>use SS ranks for Eleonore and Beatrice, but call Reinhard General and not Reichsführer-SS
>Helga appearing on Bey's shoulder
>Lisa's tits are smaller

god this shit was a tragedy

I just went on and marathoned the first episode

I didn't understand shit but that blonde nazi woman was cute though

Is this google translate?

No man more honest ever took an oath;
None more true made treaty
None was more pure in love;
And yet none so betrayed all oaths, all treaties, his truest love!
Answer me, O mortal man: can you understand why?
The fire raging within my breast shall melt all taint, all impurity to oblivion!
Let yourself be purified, your taint washed, melted clear away; your soul thus released, exalted
Till naught is left but radiant Gold, its lustre pure
Aye, the twilight of the gods is upon us
And so shall I be reborn as the fire that cleanses our sacred halls of Valhalla!

Rusalka and Vanilla have the same VA.

>Helga appearing on Bey's shoulder
That's basically a CG from ikabey. Obviously it looked terrible in the anime form without the correct stylization.

> In World War II, during fighting in late August and early September 1944, the historic walled city of Saint-Malo was almost totally destroyed by American shelling and bombing as well as British naval gunfire

reminder that dies irae is a rip off
>jojo
>fate
>hellsing
>tsukihime
>maybe more

Where did your thread go user-kun?

>best girl's seiyuu voicing another best girl
Really makes my dick as hard as diamond.

>God save the Queen