Is there such thing as a cop anime?

I've never heard or seen one, one where they're like cops or enforcers. the closest i can think of is where the dude has a loli harem in a monster covered japan and Psycho pass

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/genre/39/Police
myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

myanimelist.net/anime/genre/39/Police

Look through this, you'll find some eventually but you gotta dig through shit that they've thrown in just cause it has some cops or shit in it but isn't necessarily a legit police anime

Wow you weren't kidding this is the loosest definition of polic genre I've ever seen.

You Are Under Arrest.

In Gunsmith Cats Rally and May are often working with police forces and would've made cops if Rally was interested.

Its also got mechs, but Patlabor is something

Nope they don't exist go to Sup Forums or somewhere

Switch is kind of a cop anime but it's a rushed 1 hour ova with gay drug enforcers

Pretty sure there's not a single anime that's anything like any "cop" show on western TV. Japan has absolutely no interest in seeing any kind seedy underbelly or violent crime drama. The closest we'll ever get is the patlabor movies. Everything else is and will also be just zany comedies.

I remember hearing somewhere that western cop shows actually have some popularity in Japan, but mostly because that sort of show simply doesn't exist there, so I guess theres a exoticness to it.

It wouldn't surprise me, given that even in a culture drowning in cop shows, there's still some that managed to surface as some of the absolute best serialized fiction in television history. Good TV is good TV even in japan.

myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass

Don't forget Mad Bull 34. It has an OVA adaptation from the early 90s.

Well, if you count more or less realistic detectives there's the Hello Hedgehog OVA. Apart from that I'm at a loss.

psycho pass, futuristic cops with lots of blood

Mad Bull 34, You're Under Arrest, and Patlabor are the ones that immediately spring to mind.

Mad bull 34
You are under arrest
Burn up excess
Art of fighting OVA is basically a buddy cop film

>not even a front sight or a bead.
>shorty with no butt stock
>firing slugs as fast as he can pump rounds through
>expecting to hit anything greater than ten yards away

These cops don't make it, do they?

Tenchi Muyo GXP, some of the time.

aaaand dropped

Ghost in the Shell is a great one

fin

picked back up

Watch the english dub of it, the japanese guy sounds like joey wheeler from yu gi oh for some ungodly reason

Recommendation thread.

does it really count if there's basically nothing to rec?

oh look, i can't even read the OP

not really, i was asking if this was even a thing