"...Gainax never had any budget issues with the show."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lNB615W4r7I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. NO!

:) uso...

Huh. Liar.

Hah. I knew it.

Weren't deadlines a bigger issue for them than budget?

worst scene in the show. way to make a "dramatic" death hilarious

Gainax making the show adhere to deadlines even after twenty critically acclaimed episodes was a horrible idea

It benefited no one, it hurt Gainax most of all. A fully featured NGE TV ending would've generated millions more for them in perpetuity than the current ending.

The middle of the show was also rushed too, the leliel episode and the episode with the spider angel whose name I forget stand out as ugly as fuck rushed episodes.

I would love to see Anno showing previewing this episode before airing and quality assurance is like what the hell is this and he's like "i-it's symbolic and means stuff"

if they didn't rush it, that would mean no EoE

(also probably no comfy surreal slice of life bit in final episode)

The Leliel episode? The one with the floating orb right? That's one of the best looking episodes I think, the "lighting" is way more stark and stylish than anything else in the show.

I unironically loved this scene.

Brainlets can't be expected to appreciate art.

evangelion was shit, because its about manlet frustration

youtube.com/watch?v=lNB615W4r7I

>Ritsuko Akagi, the truth is...

There would be no EoE, and there’s no doubting the fact that EoE generated a lot of money - likely more than a normal TV ending would have given that it was a full feature film.

"...I loved you."

"You liar."

>no budget issues

It was "I need you."
The VA for Ritsuko in an interview asked what Gendo said, and he told her that the series was among many things about repitition, Anno then showed the computer screen of Ritsuko's assistant, when she got tanged, it wrote "I need you"

I remember reading scans of the manga a few years back, where Gendo says "I really did love you" and it always struck me as being more poignant than the "I loved you" of the official manga translation, or the "I need you" that Ritsuko's VA says that he said.

Huh, maybe it's both then

Well...

Every morning, not recent days, but I see my friend who has a problem with his mental health. It's so hard for him just to do a high five, his whole body shivers with anxiety just reaching out to my hand. Now, thinking of him, I cannot watch this Eva stuff and find it interesting. Whoever creates this stuff has no idea what pain is whatsoever. I am utterly disgusted. If you really want to make things that make me feel sick, you can go ahead and do it. I would never wish to incorporate this perversion into my work at all. I strongly feel that this ... Evangelion stuff is an affront to human life itself.

>we animated episode 6 badly on purpouse, as a joke

lol

If you are calling someone a brainlet for difference on opinion then you might as well be a brainlet yourself.

What happened to this guy? He made the best eva content and then poof gone.

>Missing the point

That was Shinji agonizing over whether or not to go through with it. The scene after spells it out.

Why is he relevant? First time I heard about him.