So, now that the dust still has to settle, can we all agree that KnT2 is already AOTY?

So, now that the dust still has to settle, can we all agree that KnT2 is already AOTY?

Why is she purple?

How about you say something on your own for once instead of just picking sentence fragments from a list of shit others have said? You'll never be one of the cool kids anyway, and talking this way won't create an identity for you. It's the opposite, you're just one of the "me too" crowd, one of an uncountable blob of replaceable nobodies. Do you have some crippling autism were you simply can't communicate on your own, and have to try and bodge something together from examples of other human beings talking to each other?

I enjoyed first episode, director seems to know what the fuck he's doing. So does the composer.

The character designer less so. The only good choice here is making Kino look close to her design in latest novel art.

CG with 3D models and filters REALLY put you out of it, they stand out, they are a problem. There were 2 instances of when 3D model's stutter was pathetic.

Production value is a huge flaw.

Why is her design completely different?

she is a big boy now

only 1 episode out so it can still turn to shit

remember that it still has to beat Made in Abyss

What is the "KnT2"tho

3dcg animation is the cancer killing shows with potential

Why does she hold her gun like that?

It was okay, one of the only anime I've even bothered watching so far this season, the bike cg movement was absolutely atrociously eye destroying garbage though. This season looks terrible. Least I'll get through some backlog.

Why the fuck do japs insist on putting CGI in fucking everything? It looks like complete trash and really badly ruins the flow and just reminds the viewer it's a fucking anime written by humans. The worst is the original had too many frames, so now they removed some and the bike just jumps and stutters up the fucking path. What a joke.

>Why the fuck do japs insist on putting CGI in fucking everything?
Lazy way out

She's practising a quick draw, so I guess it makes sense her aim isn't completely straight.

Yeah, the CG stuttering was... odd. It was inconsistent,too, because she glides to a smooth stop in the CG bit at the start/end. I mean, I'd prefer if there wasn't any CG at all (mechanical objects being a exception, but CG Kino is a big no-no), but they could at least be consistent.

I get the impression people were so excited for this so now they're in denial that the first episode wasn't good.

Seems like the opposite to me. There were tons of naysayers before it aired and then everyone was like, "well actually I guess this is okay."
Japan seems to like it, although I know that isn't necessarily a good measure for taste.

It was pretty fine, considering. My only issue is the terrible bike cgi.

Maybe her hand hurts

From what?

Her aim in the original was perfectly fine. It makes no sense to me, why would they change it now?

She was using her other hand.

Oh shit, I didn't notice that.

Is this a sequel or can I go in without knowing anything about the novels?

Nice catch! She's using her other gun, too, and her dominant hand is poised (conditioned reflex? Used to holding her other gun at the same time or just from usually practising with the other hand?). Pretty darn sure this is intentional.

No. I think it'll be a fun ride and another good addition to the series but It's not going to stand out enough.

The music is good but forgettable, the art isn't really anything to look at. And the CG is not the worst I've seen but it's pretty obnoxious.

The unconventional Protagonist is something I think a lot of people who are new to the series will latch on to and that way a lot of the stories have a strong hook in them will keep people interested. The first epsiode's catch or hook was pretty predictable but it did a few things that I wasn't expecting.

I think it'll be a matter of how old fans of the series put up with the more modern spin on it and whether newcomers will get hooked on the episodic hooks that are dropped in each episode.

But with such a low production value compared to some of this years heavy hitters, I think it's going to get mixed in with this years huge pile of mediocrity.

>watch episode
>wow that's a cute boy would fugg
>read manga

wtf i hate boys now

The last anime serieswas really just a girl in the ruins of a destroyed world reading a book through a VR reader. The Land of Books episode was different from the light novel chapter and only the tv series makes this suggestion.

To be honest I might just pretend to have never watched the first episode and say it looked bad so I never picked it up.

Why? It had it's problems (some dull animation, neon grass, CG), but I thought it was worthy enough.

Exactly the problems you stated. I really do not feel enthusiastic about watching more of that. The story seems decent, some of the animation is nice and the voice acting is good for the most part. I don't know. This whole season is getting me down a little right now.

If you're not feeling it, then why not come back to it when it's finished airing? It's an episodic series, so you could just pick it up whenever you feel like it.
Did you watch the 2003 series? If you did, I can see why you might be disappointed, though.

I'm feeling the same way. This and girls last tour turned out to be really underwhelming. I'm hoping magus bride and Children of the whales will wow me.

If not it may be a backlog season, first one of the whole year so far.

>this is vague, but...
>coliseum
What did she mean by this?

Was a bit put off by:
Kino casually sliding behind Hermes as a man threatens to draw on her. Kino in every other instance I know of would just shoot first, not put herself in that awkward position that counts on him being confused by the retreat and not just drawing and shooting while she is throwing her legs over the seat.

The famous serial killer's name being dropped with zero context as to why there is an inconsistency between his reputation and him now. It is pretty easy to imagine what happened, but making no effort to examine it lessens the impact.

This story being a full episode. I like it, but it isn't very emotionally impactful or surprising really. The previous series had several episodes featuring 3 or so stories because a lot of the stories in kino no tabi simply don't benefit from being drawn out longer. Their elegance is their strength. Perhaps it was because it was the first episode and they had to spend more time on establishing stuff, but it didn't really feel that way.

looking forward to the next episode anyway, just a bit bugged by these problems, which are a bit deeper to me than problems arising clearly because of budget.

Are you serious?

Dumb user.

>Kino casually sliding behind Hermes as a man threatens to draw on her. Kino in every other instance I know of would just shoot first, not put herself in that awkward position that counts on him being confused by the retreat and not just drawing and shooting while she is throwing her legs over the seat.
There's a revelation to be had here user. Kino spent the last few days buying things, trying the local food, and most importantly talking to residents. The concept of "murder is permitted" and how it ties into the town is hinted at more than once, you just missed it. Kino didn't. She saw the writing on the wall when everyone started disappearing and decided to let the village handle it's own problems.

>Kino casually sliding behind Hermes as a man threatens to draw on her.
You'll notice that Kino asked if the man was a citizen of the country. Since he is, and since she's usually just an observer, Kino decides to no interfere with their culture and lets the townspeople handle it. If she was alone then I'm sure she wouldn't hesitate.
>The famous serial killer's name being dropped with zero context as to why there is an inconsistency between his reputation and him now.
I guess what he did in the past wasn't important to the story, just that a violent person isn't necessarily what you expect? I agree, he's a weak part of the story. I didn't think his inclusion was really all that necessary.
>This story being a full episode. I like it, but it isn't very emotionally impactful or surprising really.
Yeah, I enjoyed it, but I thought the content was a little weak. It wasn't very interesting from a western/American perspective, though I understand why it's more novel to a Japanese one. Anyway, with the length (or lack thereof) of some of the novel's chapters, I think they could cram a couple of chapters into one ep. Isn't the after credits chat/preview one of the prologue chapters from the novels? I haven't read them all, but the ones I've read have been very short and they're usually just a small scene with Kino and Hermes or a conversation between them.

I'm the same as you. I've read all the manga chapters on batoto after watching that episode.

Basically this seems episodic so you can pick it up at any time, there's no "plot". There are still a few things I don't understand because they weren't explained at any time, but I believe these are addressed in the novels, like why a motorrad can talk, but these are just details compared to what the episode is trying to convey.

Kino no Tabi, or Kino's Journey.
The last season was in 2003.
It feels nice to have more Kino after 14 years.

This series (like the 2003 one) is an adaptation of the novels. The chapters in the novels aren't chronological, so you don't need to worry about missing anything if a chapter is skipped in the anime. You don't need any prior knowledge to watch any of the anime.

There are still a few things I don't understand because they weren't explained at any time, but I believe these are addressed in the novels, like why a motorrad can talk
The only explanation as to why Hermes can talk is because he gained a soul when he was put together by Kino. Or at least that's true for the 2003 anime, I haven't read if that's true for the novels yet. However, the real reason Hermes can talk is so Kino has someone to bounce off. In other words, it's not important. He just can.
If you are concerned about any other details, I can try to answer them. Although, the answer is probably "it just is".

>aiming with her dominant right eye
well shit, that makes sense now

At first I thought only Kino could hear Hermes, something like a bound between a vehicle and its driver, but then we've seen him/it talking to other people.

Why aren't people surprised to hear a machine talking?

This alone made the show AOTY
the CGI can't smear brilliant writing and attention to detail

From what I've read from the novels, it's completely glossed over. There's other somewhat paranormal stuff going on in Kino's universe, so it's just how it is.

Bump for best anime

I want to live in this comfy town.