Is weed degenerate?

I don't smoke I'm just making this thread for intellectual honesty
Dude weed lmao makes you smell like shit, reduces your sleep quality, and (might) have a negative effect on your mind and hormones.
But if you used weed solely as a vice and nothing more can you really consider the user "degenerate" for using it?

I use it for my sleep
Mainly, but when Im off I cant stop myself from being high all day doing nothing constructive other than preparing big recipes

It's still a drug that people can abuse, it becomes degenerate when it starts interfering with you relationship with God and becoming the best man you can be.
I don't think people should be barred from using any drug they should just be warned.

Anything in moderation is good. If you have weak willpower and easily addicted to things you really shouldn’t

most people that use it are degenerates before and the weed just makes it worse

it's a tool, and just like any tool it can be used in a good or a bad way. there's nothing special about it, and people who try to make it seem special in a good or bad way are being dramatic.

boring and true take.

This question is asked all the time. Lurk more please OP.

Heroin should be legalized unironically

Weed isn't in of itself degenerate. But the lifestyle around it is.
I smoked for a few years. My sleep was fine but I didn't dream, or at least not remember it cause my short term memory was fucked. And in the end it made me anxious and screwed my priorities.

my boyfriend has facial ticks and it helps him not grow cysts out of pure anxiety - in moderation, i think it's fine

>makes you smell like shit
>reduces your sleep quality
>has a negative effect on your mind and hormones.

You are thinking of alcohol

Yes

i should add i am currently on my 5th week smoke free . . . weed withdrawals are real. took 2 weeks to get my appetite back and for my lung capillaries to re-grow. Had a lot of shortness of breath at first but nothing your body can't fix on its own

I smoke weed all day every day, but it's not for everyone. I'm in a position where I don't need to work to keep a roof over my head.

Would not recommend it to people who need to advance because it's too expensive for you and you'll never do more than get by on weed.

Every time I go to the dispensary they treat me like a king because my wife and I are dropping $300 for our weekly zip and I wonder why. Then I'll look around and people are coming in to buy $20 to $80.

Weed is a luxury drug. It'll only keep you down if you're poor.

no, it is natural and approved by God therefore it is morally just to use it for medical purposes

Smoke spice, plebian

You sound like the sort of person who sponges off the state and deserves a free helicopter ride with the Chilean army

and cannabis too.

Weed is the opium of the West

LOL that's bullshit.

you are a retard.

thanks for reminding me to smoke a bowl, op.. keep forgetting for some reason...

If weed is degenerate, so is alcohol and vice versa.
It's not that hard to be a moderate user of both. For a person who's already home a solid portion of the day, it's fucking harmless.
the only way weed reduces sleep quality is by suppressing your ability to dream, and thats only if you go to bed coming down from a high.

>vice
Definition of vice
1 a : moral depravity or corruption : wickedness
b : a moral fault or failing
c : a habitual and usually trivial defect or shortcoming : foible

suffered from the vice of curiosity

2 : blemish, defect
3 : a physical imperfection, deformity, or taint
4 a often capitalized : a character representing one of the vices in an English morality play
b : buffoon, jester
5 : an abnormal behavior pattern in a domestic animal detrimental to its health or usefulness
6 : sexual immorality; especially : prostitution

Fuck off weed is not a vice

Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck dicks for coke. I've seen 'em!

Weed is for niggers.

All drug are bad and one that alters brain chemistry is doubly so.

The push for recreational marijuana and its acceptance even among teenagers before their brains are fully developed will have repercussions for decades to come. It would be fine if it was a tiny percentage that used it regularly but the numbers I have seen are too large. Like opium smokers of china and qat chewers of the middle east, its use will lead to social degeneracy and loss of productivity. The tolerance current society has for its public use is hideous.

Absolutely inefficient, absolutely disgusting.

I use weed in place of opium for my chronic pain. I rather be high and functioning then on opium and fucked up all day getting nothing done. Weed has it's honest to god uses. I also agree, you shouldn't smoke it till your 21 at the youngest, personally, I say 25 when your brain is almost done developing but people are going to drink and that's even more damaging so oh well. Honestly sounds like you know nothing about cannabis.

weed and conspiracy theories go great together

No.
Ruining your life with habits is degenerate but putting a plant that doesn't kill or harm you into your body is not inherently degenerate, you'd have to be retarded to think that.

Sure, smoking it and not doing what you should or overeating or being a lefty etc is.

Everyone reacts differently, some people shouldn't touch it and some people should take it for medicine.

You could argue sobriety is best but there is no coherent well reasoned argument against it that doesn't require lies, obfuscation or just disagreeing based on personal prejudices.

Nope.

Next question?

>implying heroin isn't a drug solely engineered to make you want more heroin and to do nothing else for you

weed threads on Sup Forums are a must for any slide thread collection. pot heads can't help bumping it with their anecdotes about how they smoke every day and are also elon musk

i love weed but these threads are total slide thread garbage

I think weed is dumb. I used to be a Rogan bro tier pothead. A real dumb ass about it. I know that it's a distraction now and I quit for a while. I came back to it probably because I'm addicted but I no longer smoke all the time everyday like I used to. Sometimes I'll smoke before I work out or if I'm in a social situation but I no longer live to smoke and I'm seeing the benefits. I will do away with it entirely at some point.

>implying that heroin addicts don't kill themselves and that natural selection isn't solving the drug addict problem

Distraction from what? Life is a distraction

WOAH deep

I guess if it's not a crutch and you just enjoy getting blasted then no but if you're okay with the negative effects maybe you're degenerate whether you are addicted or not. I swore it off completely when I quit and started having crazy dreams every night, it definitely dulls your brain in some sense.

I use it to help my nausea, lack of appetite, insomnia, and just generally having a good time with a few friends.
Of course, many things can make you degenerate if you abuse it. I limit myself to buying some every 2 weeks so that I can work efficiently and not waste money. I know a few people who abuse the hell out of it and now have the intelligence level of neanderthals. If you balance out your lifestyle, keep your house clean, brush your teeth, keep a job, and take a shower every day, or at least every other day and you'll be fine. Besides, bathing while high feels amazing, and even doing chores becomes more interesting.

Another problem that marijuana faces is it's unbelievably shitty culture. The fact that someone like customgrow420 has risen to such popularity is enough evidence that the drug attracts the obnoxious and immature. I feel that the problem here is that the culture surrounding it is associated with lowlifes who have absolutely nothing better to do with their time. You'd never expect to see a man wearing a suit ripping a bong, and paradoxically this is what is attracting lowlifes to begin with. They see their kind smoking weed and want to participate just to get into that crowd, but when the man in the suit sees them doing it, they turn to alcohol or cigars due to negative association with the "brand," carrying on the vicious cycle of more asshats and fewer genuine members of society smoking weed.

>vaporize
>only on the weekends
>apartment doesn't smell
>clothes don't smell
>I can manage my job
>no-one even knows I do it
Some people can handle it but majority can't.
On one hand I'd want it legalized only for quality control and instead of supporting nigs and russian crime syndicates, I'd be paying taxes for it. But on one hand I'd see literal "dude weed lmao" culture rise in every corner of this country.

>A degenerate speaking.
For me, keep smoking. It just increases my flags GDP.

is gun a murderer?
apply same response to weed, it's just a tool

For me its great, I was a social mess before i smoked the jazz cabbage and now i can comunicate with real people.

thou art so much holier than they...

we have an out of control opiate addiction problem that shows no signs of slowing down. Focusing any soft of LE resources is just a waste of money

legalize ECONOMIC marijuana.

Let's grow MONEY out of the GROUND

I smoke pretty much every day but only late in the evenings, I have a job I enjoy, I go to the gym 5 days a week and have a pretty active social life on weekends.

I think of it in the way that a lot of people have a glass of wine after a long day, I instead have a small cigarette sized joint. I can make a gram last a week easily.

Maybe for you, I’ve been smoking near everyday for the past 3 years and last summer when me and some mates went backpacking round Europe I quite cold turkey for 2 months and didn’t notice the slightest bit of difference.

Weed is not for everyone. I know someone who is addicted to it, went to a rehabilitation clinic to get rid of his addiction, but now he's using it again just like he used to. So if you easily become addicted weed is not for you. But then gain that goes for any other drug like for instance alcohol.

I smoke weed too but I never had a problem with stopping. I've quit for almost 7 weeks now, but I think I'm going to use it again when I feel like it. I also didn't just use it for recreational use but also as pain medication.

Weed is not as harmful to your body as alcohol. Therefore I think we should allow people to use weed if they want. But to create a whole 'muh weed dude' culture around it is not a good thing. Just imagine if we did the same with alcohol or tobacco.