Garo Vanishing Line

The first episode was fucking great

I liked it, but i get motion sickness at some point

HE'S SO FUCKING SWOLE
HE CAN FUCKING PUNCH HOLES IN BUILDINGS
FUCK

What do redheads taste like?

The fight lasted much longer than it should have but I still liked the first episode

Story was alright, but the fight was a mess. For a show like this that seems like a pretty big failing. Could be just trying too hard to look flashy for the first episode.

MANIME

So what are the chances he dies like half way through and the girl takes over?

It's impossible. In every series ever made, Garo has never died on-screen.

Also, women cannot become Makai Knights. As in, it's physically impossible: Men are Yang and Horrors (who are all female) are Yin. A woman who tried to wear Makai armor would instantly be devoured by the imbalance.

I haven't watched all of the toku series, but I remember someone said that females can't be a Makai Knight.

It'd never happen. Anyone who holds the title GARO is basically the biggest bad-ass in the world. (Except for Ryuuga, who fucking sucks.) The girl could become a priestess, but there's really no substitute.

I liked it until he transformed into the big lion robot thing.

This is so fucking MANIME and over the top.
I loved it.

That was kino
Based mappa

>we want the chad audience

When's Zero he's always better

Why is one arm so much bigger than the other?

Closer to the screen

I like this guy already

I don't think this is a case of foreshortening, his left arm looks tiny compared to that log of a right arm.

>Men are Yang and Horrors (who are all female) are Yin

The horror who tried to eat Sophie looked pretty male to me, or can horros disguise themselfs at will?

It feels good to finally watch an anime with no stammering, weak, insecure beta male MC.

Horrors can be male or female, it's just that females are more likely to turn into horrors because their yin side is stronger.

The armors are made our of Horrors, beings of Yin, females who are mostly Yin cannot wear them without being eaten. Males can wear them due to them being mostly of Yang, although only for 100 seconds at a time(original limit, not enforced in anime) without going Lost Soul mode which usually(MCs exempt) leads to a Dark Knight.

>That meat

This man already has my support and i haven't had a chance to see the first episode

I'm kind of sick of Toku user. Can I get into the animated series without any of the live series? If not what's the bare minimum?

this gonna probably be AotS for me.

>dumps a huge load of ketchup on fries (by law)
>ignores it for the huge as fuck steak
He doesn't have anything that stands out but he's already decent for what he is. A alpha meatloaf who eats, sleeps and fights like a American.

The reason it's taking so long to Sub is that the SJW's at Funimation are upset at just how blatantly MALE and CHADLIKE this protagonist is.

They're trying to figure out ways to slip proSJW bullshit into the dialogue

all the anime are stand alone
don't watch the second one though

Need that chase soundtrack

America fuck yeah

What the fuck how have I not heard of this? I love this show already

Me too. First two minutes of the episode and he fucking powerbombs a literal tittymonster through a car, then picks up this semen demon on his bike.

Watch the first season and skip the second if you haven't.

>wendy's estranged sister and mcdonald clown's waifu

It's an *attempt* at foreshortening

That bad? As long as it's irrelevant to the other seasons then I'll do that.

The Second One is REALLY BAD and boring. Because they got one of the worst names in Toku to write it and they made it a PERIOD PIECE for medieval japan.

>mfw that fucking nice art, want to use it as wallpaper but it's 1280x720p

The only worth thing about the second anime was the opening

I don't follow the Garo franchise at all, but all Garo anime up to this point were pretty good. I hope they continue this trend.

Trying to understand what's happening in a fight is for chumps. I want explosions and motorbikes and monsters flailing all over the place.

It's from the episode

Why is the MC so fucking American? I love it.

>anime with shaky cam fights
Whoever came up with this should be shot.

>Garo is Chad Thundercock who fucks bitches and is American af
>Zaruba is a bike
>dat manly artstyle
>3DCG is already better than Honnou no Kokuin

Loved this shit.

MAPPA already made up for the entirety of Guren no Tsuki and the ending of Virgin Soul end just with this episode

>Horrors (who are all female)
I've never watched the live actions, but I'm pretty sure there were male Horrors in Honoo no Kokuin. Like the one in the first episode.

4 minutes in and it's almost like I'm playing MadWorld.

Don't tell me...

But he isn't fat.

DIRECT HIT

>that OST
Absolutely banging

Yes, there are male Horror hosts. However, the Horrors themselves are all female spirits. Yeah, it's pretty weird, and some of them don't look female at all. But they're all female, and usually naked.

Did you not watch Honoo no Kokuin?

Ok almost as bad.
>Shō Aikawa
>FMA 2003
>Decade
>Eureka AO
>Genocyber
>Neo Ranga
>Urotsukidoji
Good lord!

Indeed it was pretty good but sometimes the animation is too damn fast, can't see wtf is going on.

Nope, I'm new to this franchise so you can just ignore my opinions though.

The funny part is, THERE IS ACTUALLY A MAGIC TRAIN.

It basically looks like a goth version of Doomtrain from FF8. The protagonist basically has to fight his way through all of it.

The shaky cam is so over the top I can't follow the action. Ruined the entire episode.

>head writer (with Toshiki Inoue)
Mother of god

It's loosely based on a tokusatsu live action so you should have expected a suit.

>ep1 of this is pretty good
>tuesday is the ivalice raid in ff14 that has bosses designed by Keita Amemiya

might be cool

I miss Alfonso though.

I think I'll rewatch season one while this airs

The funny part is, the third live-action series (The One Who Shines in Darkness, widely regarded as the worst) did their level best not to use the armor at all. The protagonists in that one could only summon the armor for a few seconds, and so only used it for finishing moves.

That was a really bad series, though. Everything about it was amateur hour.

I want to squeeze the MC's pecs.

Same

We'll each take one then, since he's big enough.

>powerbombs a horror though a car while rock music plays in the background
My fucking dick. Why can't we get more MC's like this instead of teh usual whiny nip beta?

Not only that, but we get a cutie like Sofie as well, a tomboyish trap that is pure, pure I swear!

Don't forget that she wears spats. Instantly 10/10.

did you watch the movie yet?

To be fair Germán was chaddad

You know, it's worth mentioning: There's a lot of odd scripting decisions in Honoo. Not bad, but the plot decisions are puzzling.

For a start, you'd naturally think that Mendoza is the protagonist's father. But as it turns out, he's not - the Seal of Flames is completely unrelated. (Which makes you wonder why his mother placed it on him, at any rate. Did it protect him from the flames as a kid?)

Also, you'd think that Alfonso would have a lot of trouble between balancing his duties as a King and as a Makai Knight. Same for his desire to unite the kingdom and have Knights with him - As everyone knows, sometimes a King has to kill people. And for Makai Knights, the one taboo is killing. But as it turns out, it's not really a problem, it's just vaguely alluded to since Alfonso still has a long time before he becomes King. (As his dad's alive.)

I was honestly expecting Alfonso to crack under the pressure, forcing Leon to take the armor back. But as it turns out, Alfonso's exactly what he looks like on the surface, a total bro! (It's also weird that it's Alfonso who 'stablizes' the armor, and that Leon gets the modified version when he receives it.)

It's not bad, just puzzling. Like that weird episode about the mecha-GARO some peasants made to fight a bear Horror.

this is some alpha male shit, can nips handle this?

Nope. This is definitely going to be a niche anime so don't expect that many sales.

Garo is funded by pachinko

>Garo
>giving a shit about sales.

The power of panchiko-money.

This is your knight for tonight.

>Viewer Be Advised: Watching Garo: Vanishing Line is the equivalent of a testosterone treatment.

>bear Horror
That was actually just a normal bear that got aggressive and started killing people.

well, they could handle the cake winning in S1, so anything goes

But Honoo no Kokuin must have sold well to get a movie and more seasons, right?

Wait, it was a normal bear? But it was crackling with sexual energy and had glowing red eyes!

They just have money to spend dude.

Garo doesn't need sales to get sequels.

why is pachinko funding this?

I have some hope that he's gonna do good things later on. As of now, he's above average MC that gets the role done right.

Yeah that happens sometimes.

Always knew Annabelle was a Horror.

The DIY garo suit episode was peak comfy

I wish the movie had gone more in depth about how Leon kept the Garo bloodline alive by fucking Ema every single night after a few years.

He actually only fucked her once.

I think she's probably the MC and he's like the secondary mc.

Garo started as a pachinko machine

ya I saw it right after bingeing through the series

>Sophie

who knows, we might get an S2 of Honoo with some closure in their relationship