Mahoutsukai no Yome

Subs in about 90 minutes according to HS.
Who's up for a shounen that sounds like a shoujo?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/pKjd/status/916703184738967552
anime.stackexchange.com/questions/23149/what-is-a-slay-vega/23150#23150
animeflv.net/ver/47254/mahoutsukai-no-yome-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>a shounen that sounds like a shoujo
I love boys with female voice actors. It rejuvenates my loins.

I obviously meant a shounen manga with a shoujo-esque romance plot.

>that OP
first half in kinda meh but the song and the second half are great

A caring personality and an excellent student. Why is Yome so perfect?

Does it come out today already? Aw, and I was planning to give the manga a re-read.

I have read the manga and it is not bad att all. I recommend people 2 see it.

OP: twitter.com/pKjd/status/916703184738967552

OP of the season

Subs soon

I read the first couple volumes I think, it's been a while. It was a lot darker than I expected.

The PV does merely imply the darker tone at some point but it is very much present. They're doing well hiding it for now though. The series has a lot of mythical elements woven into its world building and for the most part they have each their ugly sides to them.

So the 3 episodes that are already out are just a little prequel OVA thing, or what?

Yes.

Yes. It's not necessary to have watched them for the anime, but they were still good. The manga author was involved, from what I understand, so at the very least they're canon.

Latest translated chapter spoiler
How fucking retarded is Elias, seriously,
someone needs to call him a dumb cunt.

Subs out on HS

>someone
It hasn't helped much.

The manga was dragging and repeating itself like HELL and it was only at 30 something chapters. I hope this has an anime original ending or something of the sort

What? That's bullshit. Are you complaining that haven't immediatly solved the issue of "she's going to die in three years" or something?

>being this retarded
End yourself.

That's sick as fuck.

Wasn't there like an OVA or episode 0 for this show? Should I watch it first?

3 ep anime original prequel or something. Apparently not necessary.

There was a 3-part prequel OAV, but you don't have to watch it to understand the show.

So, just start at ep 1?

I liked the manga a lot but I couldn't be bothered to catch up with all of it, guess I'll watch this

Just because you don't need it doesn't mean it's not worthwhile.

Yes. All the prequels provided was some backstory for how fucked up Chise's perception of spirits is. It's a good story and a good addition, but none of it is directly relevant to understanding the series, because it will be more than sufficient to hammer home to the viewer that this poor girl's life has been so shitty that her being sold at auction like a slave is a step towards improvement.

Yes, I'd recommend watching at least the first few episodes before the OVAs. After that you can watch them when ever you feel like it; I don't think there's any specific place where they are meant to be inserted.

wait did the third ova come out already? for some reason I thought the last part wasn't until next year. I was waiting until it was done to watch them

It's an optional experience that will give you a deeper understanding of the protagonist's past, the world, its characters and what you can overall expect from the show. It's by now means necessary but it underlines everything the show will give you in the main story.

someone give me good wallpapers of chise and ainsworth

It came out just recently. I binged a week ago and was simply blown away by the sheer amount of quality and storytelling. Somehow the 60 minutes the show had made me more invested and emotional than others manage in their entire runtime tho that's probably more a personal thing.
Overall it has this movie like feeling mixed in with some Ghibli and Natsume & his book of friends. It's truly magical and mysterious.

Um, crunchyroll? Are you okay, bud?

>people pay for this

They're copying Seven Seas' translation of it. Why they're doing that though I have no fucking clue, because it's fucking terrible.

DELET!!!

Big Black Thorny Demon Cock

Chise is cute. Elias is cuter.

So I should watch a few episodes of the TV anime then go to the OVA prequel?

Just a couple of cuties.

That's right. I wouldnt recommend watching OVAs first, because they are much weaker than main series.

why are red headed green eyed girls best girls?

>Elias will never make you his wife
Why live?

But Sleih Beggey seems like the more accurate translation though. Slay Vega just sounds cool.

>surei bega
>sleigh beggy

Such a nice show.

I mean in the sense they keep "learning about trusting each other" and shit over and over again

>tfw no demon wizard suggar daddy

should i watch the 3 ovas from 2016 before getting to the tv series?

it's celtic. anime.stackexchange.com/questions/23149/what-is-a-slay-vega/23150#23150

so while it is a neat reference, no one is going to know what that is, so it just sounds fucking retarded

>child with severe trust issues
>learning to trust a world of magic and a very large demon manchild who isn't very good at handling human emotion

IIRC it's an actual thing from Irish or Celtic or whatever mythology, and the Slay Vega was just the original fan translator taking a guess at the romanization and not knowing about the origin.

Using this one currently.

Read the fucking thread, this has been answered like six times.

No.

Doesn't matter.

Sleigh Beggy is closer to the Manx version, Slay Vega is basically Anglicized.

I liked it. So many good shows this year, what the hell.

That's far more accurate

This was super comfy.
I want to buy a cute redhead wife and bring her to live with me in a rural cottage in west England too.

>west England
Where is this set?

>that sound she made while being undressed

I don't know how you guys feel, but I didn't expect the animation in this show to be so... lazy.

Celtic has fucking retarded anglicization anyway. Noone who does not already know how it's pronounced would ever guess how to pronounce bean sidhe from the way it's written.

I kinda like the new dynamic of Elias as the student and Chise as the teacher.
Also Chise beating the shit out of Elias was one of the most memorable parts of the manga in my opinion

Was it just me or where there bagpipes in the background when they ported to his house?

>Y-you don't know how to use a bath, right?
Come on Elias, she's no stinky hobo. You just wanted to check the goods you'd just bought.

It does get repetitive but not bad enough to stop someone from reading. Learn to take criticism, fanboys.

No user, those were thorns.

>he saw everything
Isn't this rape?

Croydon.

I meant the music.

That's in London, in the south east

I know

animeflv.net/ver/47254/mahoutsukai-no-yome-1

Learn Spanish my friend, only the Opening is enough to know you're seeing the best anime of the season

12/10

didnt really found this interesting one bit, but production value for some reason is pretty high and concept is kinda unique, so il guess i wont drop it just yet

Shadup Cartapillus

>Sleigh Beggy
Fuck Crunchyroll

It was a joke, friend. If you really want to know, it's mentioned somewhere in the manga. I forget where, though.

It's an actual irish demon or something.

That's the actual term.

Elias's house location is never named. All we know is it's a 45 minute train ride between there and London proper.

Bullshit it is. It'd be full of commuters.

Good luck finding any more reference than that, then.

>People don't bother to google the term before complaining about it.
It is a term for the decedents of the old Irish gods.

What a boring piece of shit. Literally a woman wet dream.

>le contrarian Sup Forums
I knew you'd show up eventually, faggot.

According to google, it takes approximately 49mins to get from Croydon to London, so I might actually be right...

No, it's not. It's the old Irish term for "the little people" aka faeries.

really enjoyed the ova, so excited for this

It's the thinking woman's Fifty Shades of Grey.

I thought that was Nana to Kaoru?

So does he ever bone her?

fucking nico robin

Every harem anime is a man's wet dream.

>not self inserting as the magus
Saving and healing broken girls is a patrician fetish.

Chise is soft