UBW is the best route because it's the least pretentious...

UBW is the best route because it's the least pretentious. Fate/Zero is better than the entirety of HF because it actually balances the heavy themes, character development, and worldbuilding without coming off as a convoluted mess. Probably because Nasu's clusterfuckery was being filtered through Urobuchi, who actually knows what he's doing when it comes to dark fantasy and psychological writing.

Other urls found in this thread:

userscloud.com/toiq74ucrgq8
mega.nz/#!7xtjWTpa!jTyDTNNfvRXI6bWfGdQPnC18PHm2f-v0NIB6biGt6Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=2MmYx1ayYTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wrong

I like UBW best because it flows most naturally from Zero.

RIN AND SAKURA ARE SHIT. SABER IS THE BEST.

But Zero IS a convoluted mess.

I LIKE IT.

The only thing Zero showed us was that the parents of the children who would be the leads of FSN were kinda retarded. And their predecessors were too. In fact, most of HF hammered home that making this ritual a war was in fact one of the biggest wastes of life ever, and greed/arrogance/egoism overtook these so called "adults" so much that they made the lives of their children hell and robbed them of a decent childhood.

If I can say anything that really sold HF for me, it was showing the war for what is was, as a mistaken egotistical farce, and ripping it out from the roots and ending it with certainty.

HE LIKES IT!

FATE is the best route because SEIBA
PROVE ME WRONG

I can't.

Which is why they animated that instead of redoing Fate, and leaving HF to being a residual in film format.

I can’t, I’m in love with her.

Prisma unironically does HF better than HF did

I can't, I'm a sucker for that kind of romance.

Just enjoy the Route you like best. No one is going to bother stopping from doing so you retard.

>Fate/Zero is better than the entirety of HF
Fate/Zero is better than the entirety Fate/Stay Night

Why is ufo's F/SN adaptation so much more faithful to the VN then DEEN's yet also much more boring?

Wrong. They were saving HF to adapt it into a superior movie format, leaving behind the unnecessary filler scenes and using the highest budget posible to provide the best experience, while hiring an amazing director, a top anime composer and one of the most recognized Japanese singers at the same time.

> UBW, a shonen with pretty fights.
>Zouken didn't practically exist.
>Sakura didn't practically exist
>Illya is a secondary character
>Kotomine, the co protagonist of Zero, is sidelined by Glilgamesh.
>b-but it flows most naturally from Zero.

Because the VN is slow and kinda boring. DEEN's adaptation has a noticeably faster feel/pace to it than ufo's UBW adaptation, so much so that you'll easily notice it within the first episode or two.

Yeah, I liked the VN, despite this, because of the format but the ufo adaptation followed it so well I'm not even sure what VN readers stand to gain from even watching it.

Sad thing is some people probably believe this.

>Fate/Zero v01 (2016) (Digital) (LuCaZ)
userscloud.com/toiq74ucrgq8
mega.nz/#!7xtjWTpa!jTyDTNNfvRXI6bWfGdQPnC18PHm2f-v0NIB6biGt6Bs

This was posted on Sup Forums, so is the manga any good? How does it compare to the anime and light novel?

I've tried to do the VN on two separate occasions, once a few years back at uni and again a couple weeks ago. Both times I've made it about a couple hours past the prologue before losing interest. I'll never understand how people willingly sink 50+ hours into a VN like this when they can watch the entirety of F/Z, UBW, and DEEN in like half the time. It'd be different if it was more like Kamidori or something with some kind of game mechanic or at least some decent lewds cuz then I'd be more than willing to sink another 130 hours into a VN.

don't feel like you have to wait for each line to be spoken before going to the next. If you just read it, rather than read/listen you can finish the entire thing in around half that time.

Zero > Hollow Ataraxia > Heaven's Feel > Unlimited Blade Works > Fate

objective truth

>Shit characters don't exist
Oh the horror.

>Zero > Hollow Ataraxia > Heaven's Feel > Unlimited Blade Works > Fate
I have to agree.
And SF > all of this

Apocrypha > *all

Fate is the worst franchise in history. Even worse than Minions.

I'm gonna fall for your bait and say that F/SN in all of it's routes is unironically way more interesting than anything that's came out of the series next because it feels like the kind of work that only a lengthy established series would produce

Generally you'd have a more standard "people are fighting" series that's focused more on characters like zero or aporcrpyha first and THEN you get the story about how the "rules" of the setting are being constantly perverted, everyone isn't following their intended roles and the focus is instead about the main characters beliefs and state of mind instead of a more overall character story.

but instead fate worked backwards, and no matter how much of a hamfisted piece of writing it is it's because of this that the original VN is way better than anything since because the concept of servants is inerhantly stupid and devolves into dragon ball Z or yuyu with vauge mythlogical connections if there isn't the weird audience alienating shit that F/SN had

FateXMinions when?

Minions don't have delicious traps tho

You don't know how dangerous this game you are playing is right now user.

bump

>Key characters in Zero barely appear in UBW
>UBW flows more naturally from Zero
Yeah, no

Apocrypha is utter garbage and astolfo has been even more shit than usual in the past few episodes.

>so well I'm not even sure what VN readers stand to gain from even watching it.
Its fun to watch a book animated/turned into a movie. Yeah sometimes it ends up terrible (original fate adaptation for example) but if it doesnt rape the source then it is good fun to see the action rather than just read it.

>This attack reverses causality so that the effect of piercing your heart happens before I even stab it!
>oh fuck it missed. u must be a skilled swordswinger
>Berserkers can't be this skillful/agile!
>cue giant buff man spinning like a fucking hitmontop and outplaying a fucking Saber
>Only a Master can summon a Servant
>Hi guys my name is Caster and with this cool trick I can have not one, but TWO of my very own Servants
>The Grail is a shiny cup that (sorta) grants a wish
>hurr just kidding it's actually a giant lump of flesh that pukes poison mud and doesn't even remotely grant wishes or do anything like that HAHAHA SIKE GOT EM

You're an idiot. Introducing the rules and standards of the world you're building only to immediately contradict them is stupid, and you should feel bad for even entertaining the idea of it being a good way to tell a story.

>the concept of servants is inerhantly stupid
I think the concept of summoning summoning figures from legend and myth whose abilities and strengths are determined and influenced by said myths is interesting and promising as fuck if done properly.

Fate is only good because its setting allows for fanfics to be made.

Any good ones?

>it's the least pretentious
youtube.com/watch?v=2MmYx1ayYTM

Wiggling

Isn't Fate route the most "shonen" one of the bunch?

Does said game involve ___cocks___?

Fuck it, Ill take the bait.

>This attack reverses causality so that the effect of piercing your heart happens before I even stab it!
>oh fuck it missed. u must be a skilled swordswinger

Saber had high luck and instinct. Luck in Nasuverse is the ability to defy fate and her instinct helped along.

>Berserkers can't be this skillful/agile!
>cue giant buff man spinning like a fucking hitmontop and outplaying a fucking Saber

Fuck it, I'm blaming ufotable with this shit. Lancelot could get away with it because of Eternal Arms Mastership, Hercules had no excuse. I'm pretty sure in the VN he was just really fucking hard to kill and hit really fucking hard.

>Only a Master can summon a Servant
>Hi guys my name is Caster and with this cool trick I can have not one, but TWO of my very own Servants

She didn't summon Archer, she used Rule Breaker to seperate him from Rin and used Fuyuki's ley lines to supply him mana. As for Fake Assassin, he isn't even a full servant and can't move from the gate entrance.

>The Grail is a shiny cup that (sorta) grants a wish
>hurr just kidding it's actually a giant lump of flesh that pukes poison mud and doesn't even remotely grant wishes or do anything like that HAHAHA SIKE GOT EM

Okay now you're being autistic, this isn't breaking the rules this is subverting expectations. Hell, we were given hints that something was obviously wrong.

He isn't breaking the fucking established rules, he's showing that they can be bent or subverted if one is smart or powerful enough.

>No matter the will, it can be broken. Pain, or pleasure, the result can be the same. Broken does not mean destroyed. Reassembled does not mean repaired. Sakura-centric.
>Genre(s): Horror / Hentai
>Words: 14.6K
...fuck it, let's do this shit.

Heracles is a man who replicated Tsubame Gaeshi except with nine simultaneous strikes instead of three, and with a fucking bow of all things. This is a man who knows how the fuck to fight, and even in a berserk rage he'll still be pulling off crazy-ass moves.

Herc has Rank A Agility. His stats doesn't really change as a Berserker, just the loss of Sanity.

Heracles was powerful bcuz he was summomed A LOT before the war actually started and by a homunculi which have a bunch of magic circuits. Having a bunch of them means being able to have a stronger connection with your servant and control him better. Illya could have actually made him even more stronger if she added more madness to him, but she didnt wanna risk not being able to control him in battle

>all these zerofags
Go back to plebbit secondaries. Fate Zero was full of potential that dropped off after 5 episodes
At least UBW gets better

What about Fate fans?

>fate fans

>Illya could have actually made him even more stronger if she added more madness to him, but she didnt wanna risk not being able to control him in battle
Actually, adding more madness to him makes him WEAKER. Summoning him as Berserker in the first place was a huge mistake - Heracles is someone who relies on skill and cunning rather than raw strength. Case in point - Gilgamesh roflstomps Berserker in UBW, but when summoned as an Archer Heracles is basically capable of no-selling the Gate of Babylon entirely, even when he's abandoned his divinity and demigod strength.

Yeah I played it up a bit for humor purposes. The "luck beats literal causality reversal" and the whole concept of FSN Assassin are still bullshit though, no matter how you try and spin it. Luck and instinct are just parts of the flow that leads to the effect. By having the effect come first, the impact of both are essentially completely ignored. If you flip it and examine it assuming all the variables of the "cause" really do come first, then it's basically like saying "this attack is at a minimum good enough that your luck, skill, and instinct are insufficient to prevent this effect of having your heart pierced". It's a really neat concept even if it is broken as fuck.

My issue with the grail subversion is because I personally feel that it completely undermines the substance that comes with the "you have only one wish" trope. It's sort of like the ending to Mass Effect 3 (no I'm not a Sup Forumsfag this is just a suitable analogy). All the choices and feelings and whatnot are given the "haha none of it actually matters anyways this is the only ending" treatment. also because I probably am autistic. That's why I'm pretty ok with F/Z's interpretation of it. It will TECHNICALLY grant your wish, just in a way you didn't expect.

What happens if Lancer doesn't thrust the spear during Gae Bolg, seeing as the heart has been pierced before he does so? And yeah, I thought Gae Bolg was broken as fuck when it was first used, then it misses it's first opponent...

I always assumed that by reversing cause and effect, it also sorta makes the "effect" become the cause of the "cause". Because the heart was pierced, Lancer MUST thrust the spear. And because the heart being pierced is an inevitability, anything that tries to interfere with the thrust MUST fail to stop it. Because the heart MUST be pierced.

Damn, why is Herk so cool?

Sorry to tell you this but madness does make heracles stroger. By adding madness enchantement, Illya is boosting his base stats a lot with a tradeoff being that Heracles is losing parts of his sanity each time she ranks it up.
Except not really...
With Illya being a homunculi, she has a really strong connection with Heracles(as well as a 3 month prep time) which almost makes the sanity loss nonexistent.
For Illya it was prob the best decision to summon him as a berserker as she benefits the most out of madness enchantement. If she spawned him as an Archer, i dont think it would work out that well for her since she doesnt benefit a lot from indenpendent action perk.
All in all her plan was to win the war with brute force, but gilgameshes arsenal kinda fucks up Heracleses NP so yea

Okay so he hits fast, moves fast, and is damn impossible to kill unless you have bullshit hax. That's fair.

You're still looking at luck normally. Luck is conceptual in this sense that it determines whether or not you can defy fate. The spear reverses causality and says "This spear pierced your heart, so it was thrust" instead of how its supposed to go. With high enough luck, you can basically do some low level reality warping and muddle it. Instinct just gave her the 'meta' excuse to deflect it. So Luck created a hole Gae Bolg's effect and Instinct used that hole to keep Saber alive. It's bullshit but that's Nasuverse magic for you. Also, the grail is still the same as it was in Fate/Zero. The wish granting is still there, Gilgamesh just hijacked it for something else entirely. The only people who actually want the Grail for the wish are...Saber and Caster. Caster more or less got what she wanted in Souichiro and Saber's wish isn't seen as a good one in the first place. So the fact that the Grail grants a wish wasn't even the focal point of FSN, so I'm not sure that criticism applies to it. It was the driving force for Fate/Zero so people who watched it are probably a bit out of water when they move on to UBW which has a entirely different focus.

I think the argument is that the base stat increase isn't worth it, especially if Hercules retains his 12 Labors NP as an Archer. Now you have a cunning intelligent demi-god whom you have to kill 12 times with different methods each time. And each method has to be at least B-Rank. And considering that its already hard to kill an intelligent servant who has one life, you are in for one hell of a beatdown if you fight Hercules. For all intents of purposes, if Gilgamesh wasn't there and Hercules was summoned as Archer than he wins the Grail War by default if Medea can't come up with a counter.

I know right? Fuck if he was still sane he'd probably adopt Illya or some shit because she reminded him of his kids or something. I'd watch that SOL.

Look where Herk's humongous stats got him. Nowhere. He jobbed super hard to anyone with a brain. Meanwhile, Archer Herk outright tells Gilgamesh that if he doesn't pull out Ea to fight him, he will die - and that's a NERFED version of Herk. While Twelve Labors is nice and all, Herk's true Noble Phantasm is Nine Lives ~ Shooting the Hundred Heads, which is Tsubame Gaeshi on steroids. Imagine Tsubame Gaeshi times thirty three, and except of a sword it's whatever the fuck Herk wants. Including a single arrow. It's the technique Herk used to kill the hydra by shooting every one of its heads at once.

Go home Takeuchi, you're drunk

Nine Lives is not the same as Tsubame Gaeshi.

Nine Lives is pure stats. He hits the target so hard and so fast that his hits are near-simultaneous. Tsubame Gaeshi's hits are literally simultaneous. Three strikes at exactly the same time.

>This is probably supposed to be bait.
>It's actually the truth.

Just did some research. He is at his best when summoned as an Archer, but can also be summomed as any other class except caster. The reason why he wasnt summoned as an archer is because the Einzberns were tired of getting betrayed by everyone so they summoned him as a berserker. This made him a "mindless dpg that does what hes told" according to them. If he was Archer he would have had statistically the highest chance of turning against them, which although pretty stupid, the Einzberns didnt wanna risl.

What the fuck was Assassin's problem with Flying Swallows?

Medusa is best

Wizards have no sense of right and wrong.

That fucked them over pretty hard in the end. And even if he won the war he'd still try to destroy the Grail - as Okeanos showed in FGO, even in the grip of madness the man still recognizes threats to the world and acts to neutralize them.

Autism

Like Einzberns knew shit. Because of some reason they cherish the grail enough to probably command seal the crap out of Heracles until he stopped trying to destroy it.

Nothing. He just wanted to know if he could. Just a whim.

MY BODY IS MADE OF SWORDS

Could they even Command Seal him? The only reason Ilya's worked on him was because she had the power of the Grail backing her. When the Grail appears she'd be either gone or trying to stop it (if it was Sakura that turned into the Grail instead).

It's really a lose-lose situation for the Einzberns.

I hate this shirt, especially how it looks in the VN and DEEN's anime.

The manga is better than the anime. The sound drama is better than the anime. The sound drama and the manga pair fairly well together.

ahahaha
they pawned this translation job off on some retard, it seems
good lord, whoever this was doesn't even recognize how numerical values are written in japanese

I mean, really, you'd have to be hard-pressed to find someone this stupid

True.
>Shirou goes balls out of save cute loli imouto
>Sakura is completely likable

>UBW is the best route because it's the least pretentious.
True, the middle of the VN has the best overall quality. HF is most celebrated for all its hype moments but isn't consistently enjoyable. Focuses too much on an uninteresting character like Sakura, who you are forced to care about over 2/3 into the game, and her tragedy is over the top whiteknight bait. Emiya is more interesting and his tragedy is more compelling: a man whose self-righteous path in life lead him to a hellish afterlife, causing him to confront his younger self to challenge his way of thinking. And the conclusion is more satisfying.

All are bad, Nero is only true emperor.