Manga Discussion Thread

What are you reading Sup Forums? Can't decide if I should start Blame or Shamo.

Currently reading Berserk, Hunter x Hunter and Stone Ocean

Blame is a good start.

am reading giogio, claymore, snk, bleach and one piece
progress is slow especially since the new season started

how do you remember the details in all of them?
Isn't hard to keep up with all of the plot and lore?

Just read the translated parts of B-flat no Sonata. Pretty nice stuff, was disappointed to see nothing else by Fukuyama is translated.

Not him, but if you have trouble remembering the plots of literally just five manga, you might want to seek help.

Is it really that bad?

Currently reading (depending on when scans come out):
A-Bout!
BAD BOYS
Bakuon Rettou
Bartender:
Be-Bop High School
Berserk
Clover
Drifters
Mad Bull 34
Moyashimon
Rokudenashi Blues
Silver Spoon

Recently finished:
17-Sai
Bucchigiri
Gokusen
Hareluya II Boy
Kongou Banchou
Me And The Devil Blues
Shin Devilman

Recently picked up:
City Hunter
Ocha Nigosu
Psychometre Eiji
Super Doctor K

Have been putting off for no good reason:
Kinnikuman
Sanctuary
Saru Lock

I'm really like the regular release of Clover, it's like reading Crows again which is nice. Also very glad about new RokuBlues chapters but I doubt they'll continue with it until the end because it's long as shit. I've been liking the new chapters of Moyashimon because they've gotten more into stuff not covered in the anime. I think the best things I'm reading are either Bakuon Rettou or Be-Bop High School, if Me And The Devil Blues gets any new releases then that's up there as well.

I kind of want to read Gang King but can't find any decent scans of it.

I am the one you initially asked and I thought it may be tough but most days i dont read a single chapter of op or bleach and when i come back I still know exactly whats happening. Its the same with weekly releases, you may think you'll forget waht happened during the wait but you don't, even if you keep track of multiple manga. So if you indeed have trouble remembering details withing a couple days time you may actually want to seek help

OPM (pretty great manga unlike some bad things I heard about it in here)
molester man
vovnich hotel.

hatsukoi zombie

really good... but on going. Just got up to current chapter, I marathon'd it in a few days. Pretty sad now

Reading All Rounder Meguru. Pretty cool series so far.

Didn't mean to post that.

What's going on here?

Cute girl wants to eat a cute cake. She's a pure meathead, don't worry.

Currently reading Sangokushi, and re-reading Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.
Also just finished House of Five Leaves yesterday, which i had wanted to read ever since the anime finished but only recently i found scans for whole series. Great manga, i really dig Ono artstyle.

Oh tell me about House of Five Leaves, also finished the anime recently and wanted to start the manga. Should I start from chapter 1? Was it a faithful adaptation?

Just caught up on Blue Giant. Seriously great. wish there was more of it.

It has been a long time since i watched the anime(I think i watched it as it was airing), from what i remember it was a rather faithful, though it may have condensed and rearranged some stuff mainly regarding Yaichi, so yo get hints about it a lot earlier, also i think the kidnappings had a bit less focus and they may have skipped some stuff Masanosuke search for jobs and his relationship with Yagi.
I would suggest staring from chapter 1, but could probably start from where the anime left out without missing anime.

>read
>Blame!

Pick one and only one.

I don't understand user. Do you imply that I should only watch the movie? Because I've already done that. Or are you just saying that I should pick Blame! to read instead of Shamo?

You'll get it when you start "reading" it.

I really thought this time RokuBlues was for sure gonna get some proper work getting done, I hope Fallen Angels continue with it, I assume they're lacking the manpower or something.

Are you going through the delinquent chart? Give Saru Lock a try, it's funny and different, plus it seems like a scan group is slowly working on it. Way better than Gang King.

Takane to Hana, P to JK, Wotaku

All top tier romantic series.

He's trying to be clever because the manga doesn't have a whole lot of dialogue.

Not reading anything at the moment, but I recently finished Oyasumi Punpun.

Now I cant think of what to read.

Following weekly:

One Piece
My Hero academia
Robot x Laserbeam
Dr Stone
Bokuben
Baki Dou
Neverland

Following Monthly:

Jojo
Dragon Ball Super
UQ Holder
Shingeki no Kyojin
Kenshin now I guess

Following whenever there are translations / chapters:

Minoru
Berserk
Vagabound
Hajime No Ippo
Akagi
Gunnm Mars Chronicles
Kengan Ashura

Completed series currently reading:

Shamo
Sakon
Gash Bell
Samidare

Backlog for the short term:

Punpun

You should try Kimetsu no Yaiba and Enen no Shouboutai since you seem to like some nice quality battle shounens. They're both great.

they're both ongoing as well and they're pretty recent

I wish shounenshitters were banned.

Finished this a couple of months ago and I'm still thinking about it every now and then, the beginning is kinda rough to get into maybe because it's kinda confusing but it's pretty damn good overall, super interesting and unique.

You should have read that shit 15 years ago newfag.

Oh thanks for the recommendation, Kimitsu is on my backlog and the fire brigade one... I started it and followed a little then I dropped without even realizing it, might give it another try tho.

So what are you reading user?

You should be calling out most of this thread.

Why no HxH?

Not that user, but what's wrong with liking shounen stuff, pretty much every jump series he's reading right now is great(don't know about bokuben since I haven't read it).

They're both pretty darn great. The fire brigade one has some top tier artwork and Kimetsu is incredibly unique because of its art.

Enen

Never read Yu Yu Hakusho, and evn if theya re not related I'll pick HxH pobably after I get on with that.

I have the custom of trying to read an author works in the order of publication, I like to feel their progress through their works, so it takes me a while since I research the author and try to locate as much as their works translate as possible.

Other things I'm reading:

Chio chan
Made in abyss
Golden Kamuy
Dungeon Meshi
Grand Blue
Beastars
Birdmen
Black Torch
Fire Punch
Hakumei to Mikochi
Happiness
Hinamatsuri
Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san
Maoujou de Oyasumi
Kaguya-sama
Nami yo Kiitekure
Somali to Mori no Kamisama
Yakumo-san wa Ezuke ga Shitai.
Yuukoku no Moriarty
Niehime to Kemono no Ou
Murciélago

Good thing that Yu Yu Hakusho has 175 chapters then.

You didn't watched the anime in your childhood by chance?

The anime for Yu yu hakusho is actually significantly better than the manga, for once, so I recommend the anime over the manga.

Nope

Is that true? I tend to go with the original work if possible.

Ohh you reminded me of Black Torch, I'm following that too, but it's not really all that interesting, I'm only on the ride for Rago on that one.

And... Jgaaaaaaan.... welp I might be forgetting more series I'm actually following.

Kemono jihen is also worth a try, it's from Jump SQ.

>never read YYH

>Kemono jihen

Looks cool, to the backlog it goes, with fire brigade too.

Never read Ranma or Inuyasha either.

Inuyasha is meh.

Man, interesting horror manga are really hard to come by. At least translated ones. Was reading 6000. Quite decent time waster.

Thats shut hell or something like that. Dude gets transformed into a medieval red haired girl and does crazy shit. Havent read much of it, but should probably get back into it.

Good horror anime almost don't exist.

That new junji ito anthology anime might change that.

I wouldn't speak until the anime comes. Remember gyo?

read blame, shamo afterwards, stop after vol. 13

Recently caught up to Akebi-chan, Golden Kamui, Helck, D-Frag, and BokuBen. Almost done/caught up with Fujimura-kun and Chio-chan.
I read akebi-chan in japanese for free on its magazine's website but some chapters were missing. Was freaking out when I couldn't find them anywhere and eventually had to buy vol 1 online

I can't stomach 4-koma manga, I tried to read Lucky Star but I had to drop it because I was forcing myself to read it.

Currently reading:

AKIRA
Danberu
Dorohedoro (re-reading)
Genshiken
Grand Blue
Gunnm Last Order
Hero Academia
Jojolion
Kengan Ashura
Lone Wolf and Cub
Nausicaa
One Piece (re-reading)
One Punch Man
Strongest Man Kurosawa
Takemitsuzamurai
Uzumaki
Vinland Saga
Yotsubato

In limbo:

Berserk
Hunter x Hunter
Vagabond

Don't know what I plan on reading next, maybe some more light-hearted SOL

Shamo is amazing. So is Blame, though.

Read Shamo.
Considering Punpun is trash anything will do the job.
They basically were in Manga threads because there's no point in saying you're reading One Piece even if you are.
Don't post shit your normalfag friends know about in motherfucking manga threads. This is a fucking haven, can't you understand?
You want to post about Naruto? Post in the fucking thread where hundreds of other people will post about it, this thread serves to reserve some space and discussion for all the rest.

>Is that true?
No, always go with the manga when it's Togashi. Then you can also watch the anime.

Well you're clearly retarded.

This board is literally called anime & manga already. Fucking redditors just have to make a hugbox thread.

>what's wrong with liking shounen stuff, pretty much every jump series he's reading right now is great
That's exactly what's wrong with liking shounen stuff - shit taste.

I bet you haven't even read any of those. Fuck off, are you implying shounen doesn't exist? Is seinen the only good demographic, I honestly can't follow.

>Fuck off, are you implying shounen doesn't exist?
What.

is this how autism looks like

That's what I'll assume since you seem to dismiss it completely.

>That's exactly what's wrong with liking shounen stuff - shit taste.

Let's be real here. If he didn't specifically mention the more popular, currently running stuff then you wouldn't have said a goddamn thing.

Do you like bittersweet and psychological dramas that will heal your soul?
Read Ai-Ren.

Do you like vintage style gialli/mistery thrillers?
Read Yuureitou and Panorama Toukitan.

Do you want to have a good laugh?
Read Detroit Metal City.

He should definitely shut the fuck up since I'm certain he hasn't even read any of those.

Explain why.
What?
This thread is nothing new.

>Shits on Naruto
>Shamo is amazing

Your word just doesn't hold that much weight friend.

I dislike that people shit on shounen in such general terms because nobody can be bothered to learn the term Battle Shounen and properly shit on 99% of them.

>explain why
You're also autistic so I would be talking to a brick wall.

No? I mean, if he'd mentioned some obscure stuff I'm not familiar with, then obviously I wouldn't say anything since I wouldn't know what the fuck he was talking about, but had he listed, I don't know, Nurarihyon no Mago, Saint Seiya, Soul Eater, and Air Gear, he would have gotten the same reaction.

> I'm certain he hasn't even read any of those
Right, I never read One Piece. How goddamn new do you think I am?

Started BNHA from chapter 1.

second one looks cool.

I said shounenshit, which I think pretty clearly refers to battle shounen (and maybe battle-sports, I see it used that way too). The "shounen stuff" was the guy responding to me, and I reused his wording in .

So only OP out of the bunch, I was right, you haven't read the others but still decide to spew shit. You seem quite new to me, to be honest.

>So only OP out of the bunch
Nowhere did I imply that, not even remotely. Your reading comprehension is terrible.

No. just common sense.
Shamo is great, the writing was good.
Don't fucking ruin Manga threads as well, faggot.

You certainly never implied you did, did you?

Unfortunately it's newfags like (You) that ruin things.

I never implied I wasn't Tezuka, either. I guess I'm Tezuka now.

I think FA release loads of chapters for RokuBlues at once, that's what they've done the last two times. I'm not actively going through the delinquent chart, I gave some suggestions to the user who made it and I've read quite a few of the ones with English scans already. Gang King was one of the ones I hadn't though so I thought I'd give it a go, the premise doesn't sound that interesting but still. I had been putting off Kongou Banchou because I heard it was basically the same as Sakigake Otokojuku and I've re-read that a few times already. It was, but it was good in its own way as well. I sort of feel like even if the series isn't great I should read it if it's got Yankiis in it because I really like that subgenre of manga.

Someone needs to scanlate this immediately, someone posted the first volume raw and it seemed cool.

>clearly refers to battle shounen
Nah it doesn't, if you know what a battle shounen is then call it for what it is. At this point please just drop this retarded argument to not ruin this thread any longer, if you don't like that he only read that shit then just ignore him. It's not like he's proclaiming that shit is the epitome of manga.

>Shamo is great, the writing was good.
Shamo was entertaining, the writing was definitely not good, anybody will tell you that.

If you are reading something weekly, yeah that's pretty bad. I generally don't even have a issue with monthly reads, unless any of them are just total timekillers.

So you haven't read any of those besides OP, maybe Bnha as well to throw in my guess. My point still stands, don't spew a bunch of shit about things you haven't read.

>Nah it doesn't
I don't see many people calling Lucky Star or Nisekoi "shounenshit" when complaining about those two series.

I just think it's really weird that the author chose to represents the cats as people for no reason. Like it makes no sense story wise or means nothing, it's just for the sake of the reader as far as I understood, still would love to read it.

I recently read Feng Shen Ji (some of it) and I realized that it's yet another Otokojuku clone, exact same thing, it's ridiculous; just no delinquents nor comedy bits. That might be a deal breaker for you because it does take itself pretty seriously which is retarded.

So? Does that mean you're not using a very generalized term that makes little sense and is not very accurate?

>So?
So, for a term that isn't in dictionaries, use is how you determine what it means.

>Lucky Star
>shounen
Please stop embarassing yourself.

>Shamo was entertaining, the writing was definitely not good, anybody will tell you that.
The first part of Shamo was perfect, you can't really ask anything more from a martial arts story.
I've been in these threads since they started being a thing and I have more manga than you have read.

Let's talk about Manga, faggots, can't you see there's no discussion happening?

Jesus, what the fuck is happening to Sup Forums? It was the same for the pre 2000 anime thread yesterday.

Because October is the spooky month I am  reading Gallery of Horrors by Hideshi Hino, maybe I will try to read some Junji Ito after that.

>163189163
At this point you aren't even trying any longer. No (You) for you.

I started reading Dungeon Meshi a day ago, things as nice and as comfy as it should't be allowed to exist.

I don't think there was any reason for it, it's just unique. I suppose if you wanted to you could draw parallels between stray cats and delinquents but that would be reaching.

Never heard of Feng Shen Ji, I don't think I'd like it if it takes itself seriously though. Otokojuku and it's spin offs are great because they always tow the line of being parody, kind of like Riki-Oh and early JJBA. It's also a bit long for something I might not be interested, I had to quite literally drag myself through the whole 33 volumes of H2B just because I knew it was a popular delinquent series but I knew I wouldn't like it loads. To be fair it wasn't terrible, just very generic, even by WSJ standards. No idea why it was as popular as it was. His other series (Bremen) was alright right until the end where it got laughably retarded.

I got so accustomed to H2B's author style (all his series are basically the same) that I don't remember feeling it being that tough to read for me, I just expect everything to be resolved by the MC in miraculous way and retarded wacky shit to happen. I guess what makes them easy to read is that the art is very clean and easy to follow.

Here's yours as long as you fuck off.

I am 99% certain that there's an irc plan to troll all the left decent threads on Sup Forums, it's pretty evident now.

Does IRC still exist?

I've not read any of his other shit apart from H2B and Bremen, I might like Countach by the sound of it. I didn't think H2B was that bad overall, just a chore to read. To be honest I even thought that about the final third of Kyou Kara Ore Wa, which is an amazing series but there were some arcs where I was proper bored reading them. At least the good arcs made up for them.

I hope Be-Bop High School gets scanlated all the way (fat chance I know) but I'd be interested in seeing how it tries to stay exciting for that length of time. I think so far Clover is the longest delinquent series with scans (getting into Volume 38 now) and it hasn't bored me yet, which is surprising since it's more or less the same shit every arc and it's Crows but worse. Surprised it was allowed to have 43 volumes, I wouldn't thought something like it would have sold well enough to go on for that long.