Why do millennials question religion but not science?

Why do millennials question religion but not science?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vj1G9gqhkYA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because bill Nye and black science man know the truth

how the fuck has this dude been doing this since mid 2016?

>Why do millennials question religion but not science?

because science is based on observation while religion is based on jewish fairy tales.

because you didnt do enough drugs

I don't know, but it really fucking pisses me off. The worst offenders are those who point to ((scientific studies)) that back up their opinions, and declare it "settled science". There is no such fucking thing, you whores, old scientific data is always, ALWAYS, being disproven by new data. Most new data is obtained by looking at old data, and interpreting it in a new light. Even retarded shit like the Flat Earth Theory has people coming up with new interpretations all the time. You think your cherry-picked limited and/or falsified data proves you correct, conclusively, forever? Fuck you, it's just yet another way for these cunts to shut down debate and get their way.
Fuck you for making this thread OP, now I'm mad.

Questioning religion requires watching late night comedy shows and parroting whatever they said to btfo those christian gun nuts. Questioning science requires reading studies and understanding what they say, not what the news says they say

I have no respect for anyone who refers to "science" as a monolith and then appeals to its authority.

Except they don't even bother reading studies or understanding anything, they just appeal to the authority of almighty "science" with no critical thinking applied. Put the word "scientific" on it and you can convince them of anything.

John Derbyshire wonders why Europeans are so susceptible to guilt. One explanation is that all cultures have a foundation myth that tells them who they are, and the foundation myth of modern Europeans is a negative one.

How do you recognise a foundation myth? It fulfils three functions.

1)It explains the origin and structure of the world (and society).
2)It defines ultimate good and evil (and from those definitions are derived the values that are used to justify the holding of power).
3)It determines what is held sacred in that society.

For modern Westerners the story of WWII has become their foundation myth. It fulfils all three functions.

1)We live in the ‘Post-War World’. The lines on the map, the institutions, the sense of what era we live in, all arise from the starting point of WWII.

2)Ultimate evil is Nazis. Ultimate good is opposing Nazis. The values derived from these definitions are anti-racism, equality, diversity, anti-nationalism and so on.

3)The only thing that is held sacred, that cannot be denied or mocked in the contemporary West, is the Holocaust.

The problem is that all three functions are backwards or negative.

Instead of the origin event being one of fertility and new life, it was a conflagration of death and destruction.

Instead of ultimate good taking the central position in the story that slot is occupied by ultimate evil. Everyone knows that Adolf Hitler, the personification of evil, holds the centre point of the WWII story.

Instead of that which is held sacred being something mysterious and sublime it (the Holocaust) is an obscenity.

Having a negative foundation myth means the tree of life for Westerners is poisoned.People don’t realise it but the bounds of allowable thought and the orientation of ideas are all downstream from the myth of the society. As long as our understanding of who we are is determined by this negative foundation myth the only direction is down.

Mmmm ok. Let's ask who is more likely to burn you at a stake.
An atheist or a religious person?

because you keep posting this whore with your strawman bullshit every single fucking day FUCK OFF

Why do you always post about Millenials using Soe each time? I see you every other day.

no lets ask whos more likely to send millions of people to gulags, starve millions or just outright butcher millions.

If u go back evrn just 20 yeaes alot ofnwhat we thoight was scientific fact haa been proven wrong or misleading.. like woth everything humans touch it can be used to misleadnus or to suggest false pretensed...

>Genesis 3:1 1Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

We must always trust the Lord

common people see scientific advances as paralleling their own existence, and derive a sense of value for themselves proportionate with the reputation of science. ergo, they are become science, and see themselves as big brained faggots for reiterating basic established truths.

>No "science" is based on fairytales.

Okay mate.

Or perhaps, the people using the reasonable arguments (scientists) are the ones they agree with

Science exists to question itself. The I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE types are brainlets to begin with. The crucial difference is that religion never improves jack shit, it doesn't further knowledge at all, it doesn't encourage you to question it.

>We must always trust the Lord

Case in point.

>Except they don't even bother reading studies or understanding anything, they just appeal to the authority of almighty "science" with no critical thinking applied.
I fucking know, right? Atheism is the newest religion, and science is their God, and scientists their priests. They listen to whatever invokes its name, no matter how many contradictions or logical fallacies it has, as long as it sounds smart, then it's fine by them. And science forbid you disrespect it, or don't believe in it, or question even a single fucking thing about it, otherwise you're a conspiracy theorist religious racist nutjob.
Using logic will not save you from their vitriol, it will only inflame it. The scientific method is dead.

Because they are Status-quo drones, and it they are told to question religion by the Jews they do

How do you recognise a foundation myth? It fulfils three functions. 1)It explains the origin and structure of the world (and society). 2)It defines ultimate good and evil (and from those definitions are derived the values that are used to justify the holding of power). 3)It determines what is held sacred in that society. For modern Westerners the story of WWII has become their foundation myth. It fulfils all three functions. 1)We live in the ‘Post-War World’. The lines on the map, the institutions, the sense of what era we live in, all arise from the starting point of WWII. 2)Ultimate evil is Nazis. Ultimate good is opposing Nazis. The values derived from these definitions are anti-racism, equality, diversity, anti-nationalism and so on. 3)The only thing that is held sacred, that cannot be denied or mocked in the contemporary West, is the Holocaust. The problem is that all three functions are backwards or negative. Instead of the origin event being one of fertility and new life, it was a conflagration of death and destruction. Instead of ultimate good taking the central position in the story that slot is occupied by ultimate evil. Everyone knows that Adolf Hitler, the personification of evil, holds the centre point of the WWII story. Instead of that which is held sacred being something mysterious and sublime it (the Holocaust) is an obscenity. Having a negative foundation myth means the tree of life for Westerners is poisoned.
> Having a negative foundation myth means the tree of life for Westerners is poisoned.

Science is religion. Science isn't even science, it's all politics.

>listening to pastor speak
>he quotes a passage from some book
>part of the passage is "the science is clear"
>he pauses for a second and says "I can practically hear Bill Nye's voice"
>many lels are shared by the congregation
Did my pastor just meme?

I do question science, not because some sand nigger jew said to worship him instead though.

>The scientific method is dead.

Precisely.

> conflating fanatics with the actual religions

you mean Jews?

checkmate, christcuck kike wannabes

Questioning religion and being skeptical was counter-culture and science had the "proof" for impressionable young people to say SEE MOM LOOK GOD ISNT REAL!

Unfortunately their parents didn't know any better since they're indoctrination into religion is deep seeded and unquestioned.

Their skepticism will come around eventually though.

"science" is the new religion. It is like asking why a christian is critical of some pagan religion but not Christianity itself. To do that is to uproot the basic assumptions a person has about the world and leave them adrift in the sea of meaninglessness.

People today treat science in the same way, rather than how science actually is (merely a mental toolset used to measure what is consistent in our reality).

Ahahaa sorry bro don't be this naive. Science is supposedly a method or philosophy, a method where human beings are involved. This already means that this method is already inherently fallible and corruptible. Science is in one way not really a method however, it's a community of human beings, so now the potential for fuck ups is multiplied. Do people so easily forget the science around smoking? What about the fact that in the 19th century they figured they had everything figured out? Don't get me started on all this climate change stuff.

Scientists circle jerk all the fucking time until some new research says they're wrong. And what do they do? Attack the researchers and their work first because being wrong means losing funding and/or prestige. Plenty of "alternative" research doesn't see the light of day because of it being taboo or simply so original the monkeys refuse to acknowledge it. The problem with many scientists is they think they know something when they don't know shit, philosophically speaking.

A religious person that worships himself and other people that worship that person.

they are still silly enough to not question science, every one beats up on religion it's the cool thing to do.

What are you trying to say? you think some science is based on a fairytale?

>more likely to burn you at a stake.
Here we see one such example, someone who cites witch burnings of all things. Tell me user when was the last time someone, christian or otherwise held a non-lynch mob execution by immolation?

Science is based on evidence, Religion is based on revelation

If you want to make ice do you pray to god of put the water in a refrigerator?

What about sending me to a gulag or starving out millions of people? What about committing mass purges and repressions, Mr. Memeflag. Humans will find any reason or excuse to do evil deeds. I'm pretty sure however, statistically speaking, believers have committed slightly less evil than non believers, I mean, that is the point of religion.

Because scholar worhip and gaia worship are their religion now and all those who dare to question it should be jailed or worse. They openly say this btw but nobody finds it alarming because they're so cute and they just want to save "mother" earth.

Because science has turned into a religion for many of these dumbfucks

B.S. Bull shit
M.S. More shit
Ph.D. Piled higher and deeper

pic related: the broken, corrupted, nepotistic state of our planet, and science is no exception to this trend

Fairytale meaning bullshit, yes.

Millenials are retarded narcissists being puppet-mastered by jews

if people didnt question science then we would still think the planets revolved around us

yes science is based on logic and reason but you still need to question it

no one ever invented or discovered something by being subordinate

Citation needed

>statistically speaking, believers have committed slightly less evil than non believers, I mean, that is the point of religion.
The number of victims or rape and sexual abuse at the hands of Catholic priests numbers over a thousand in Philadelphia alone; and that over only he last few decades. Considering that this is not something new that priests just one day decided to do, it is highly likely that over the course of its existence the priests of the Catholic church have raped and otherwise sexually abused (not to mention the hideous teachings it espouses that are in themselves a form of child abuse) tens of millions of innocent children, both boys and girls. Why people still continue to treat this corrupt organization as if it was the embodiment of all that is good and true is something I'll never understand.

As Stephen King said, it's hypocrisy so transparent you could read a newspaper through it.

The only people who are ever militantly evangalizing me are atheists. I'll admit I live in a christian area so christfags give me a flyer every few months but they're so much more polite and they fuck off unlike atheists. I'm guessing you've never been to plebbit for example? Go try and make a religion thread there and watch the ravenous hordes descend on you. They're totally not anti-god zog bot zombies though nope just enlightened atheists.

when you get older you realize these science guys don't really got it all figured out. and you realize these religion people aren't all crazy.

Most of the people in this world are not very smart. They are easy to manipulate. They do what they are told. Don't question or think for themselves. Abolishing religion is just one method that breaks their moral compass and opens them up to degeneracy.
You should wonder who is destroying, and then the why might be apparent.

actual science is based on evidence, and so the knowledge you can gain from it is inherently limited and particular. The "science" that millennials think of today is predicated on assumptions taken on faith, just like any religion, because they try to use it justify ideas that are beyond the scope of what actual science can give provide legitimate scientific evidence for.

Science is their religion

So just a blatant appeal to authority and then you never have to do any thinking for yourself? Sounds exactly like what normies do.

Modern Science has become a belief system used to explain reality based on logic

Modern religion has become a belief system used to explain reality based on faith

Both are only 2 sides to a single coin

>Global cooling, shit no Global warming, shit no climate change, shit that's what you said. Shit I mean man made climate change. Give me shekels and I'll fix it, whatever it is.

What you retards don't seem to understand is that Communist countries were very fucking religious, and the god is the party leader. USSR's god was Lenin, then Stalin, for China its Mao for NK its Kim Il-sung.

This is the case for all dictatorships. Why do you think they erect statues of themselves everywhere and plaster their faces everywhere.

Don't believe me? Go to any dictatorship and ask the locals how they feel about the dictator.

Truth thank you German bro I don't think nu pol much gets it though. An inversion of everything good up top including the tree of life? Sounds like jews to me.

you'll figure it out, just wait longer.

Is transcience like Lutheranism then?

You don't think global warming is real? Ok so you think Nasa is lying?

youtube.com/watch?v=Vj1G9gqhkYA

Are most climate scientists liars?

Is there a conspiracy to fool people into believing global warming?

If you believe in evolution, you are accepting a reasonaded arguement based on scientific evidence.

If you believe god snapped his fingers and created the universe, you dont need evidence or reason.

What am i supposed to figure out?

no one has to be told, you just have to wait long enough.

This.
>be me
>majoring in math
>take a logic course
>hey, this stuff helps me see the different approaches to proving something, but applying it to things less abstract seems questionable
>graduate school
>graduate seminar in mathematical logic
>everything is broken down into set theory
>realize there are no big truths here, just minutiae to ensure rigor of the larger system
IIRC Calvin once said that the light of human reason differs little from darkness. Rings true.

they have been conditioned by rick and morty, like the retards they are

brainlet

You are literally too stupid to differentiate between truth and fiction

Because science is often backed by evidence and Christianity is backed by a book, the events of which were witnessed by speakers of Aramaic, a language with no written form. This book has been translated countless times by numerous leaders and scribes in numerous different cultures and languages, and there's almost no chance that what people practice today is baseline Christianity.

Theorys are still, just theorys.
Not many things have been proven without doubt.

This is why most dictators have a solid bond with the religious institutions of the countries where they rule. You have to be literally retarded to not see this pattern

Things science says are true in America
>The blank slate all humans are born identically
>There's no such thing as race
>There's no such thing as gender
>The climate is going into an ice age I mean unstoppable heating oh wait I mean just "change" which it always does
>Dark matter and Dark energy which they have 0 theories for or understanding for after it being a thing for 15 years, completely refuse to question whether their gravity equation is wrong at long distances nope there has to be 75% of the universe is just completely invisible it could never be our theory that's wrong all our observations must be wrong if we can't see it.
>They then go on to build ever more elaborate detectors in the arctic that they promise will PROVE whatever meme WIMP particle they believe in within a couple years
This was over a decade ago my bear wrestling brother. The ABSOLUTE state of science. I trust 2 ecelebs in science these days and that's Michio Kakyu and the meme inventor himself Richard Dawkins.

They question science all the time. Mainly the science that disproves their particular world view.

The video only goes back 12,000 years, you fucking retard, there's literally no point being made in the video. It's just showing an interglacial period, who gives a fuck? Why would someone make a video of that?

This thread is a bit too easy. Only retards think that the scientific method is ineffective.

OP you and your supporters are retards.

>You don't think global warming is real? Ok so you think Nasa is lying?

Mate it's climate change now, haven't you heard? I remember NASA saying winter would essentially disappear 15 years ago yet world wide we're having record cold winters. Do I think they're lying? Maybe. Do I think they have absolutely no idea what's going to happen? Definitely.

>Are most climate scientists liars?

No. Do I think people are manipulating what climate scientists are actually saying? Yes. The 97% bullshit includes scientists that don't have a definitive answer one way or another.

>Is there a conspiracy to fool people into believing global warming?

Yes. Carbon taxes and carbon credits are big money, if you can fool people into paying them.

And even that which is proven is only interesting in a limited manner.

they do, only with science they get A FUCKING ANSWER

Evolution is a flawed concept. Getting something from nothing is the hardest for me to wrap my head around.

If you can't convince your local religion to anoint you King then you just eliminate them and replace them with government. Cmon this is too easy.

This.

Because they are not some Iowa subhuman inbred like you?

>they get A FUCKING ANSWER
Mo funding fo dem research programs and independent trials is not really an answer though.
NSF is welfare for nerds

Why are you so hung up on names?

Also give citation to your claims.

For most of Earth's history there haven't been ice on the caps. Stop trying to hold me back from getting 40 acres of Antarctica you fucking cunt.

Do you even know how it works?
climate change melts icecap > gulf stream gets cooled down, some regions get colder, you fucking clown.

As a Pennsylvanian I demand credit where it is due. That pic happened in our state, not out there in Cornlandia

>Declare yourself the winner and that the argument is settled
This is all you have in your playbook? How did you win for so long? How dumb must our parents and grand parents to have fallen for this shit?

Wrong. Watch the video again but this time just listen to what is being said.

I didn't link an actual study because i thought people on pol are too stupid for that but to think that people on here couldn't even watch a video that is a couple of minutes long is just disappointing.

because if any religion was true, then it would have been science

because morons keep responding to him
[spoiler]just joking its his discord hiv positive posse bumping eachothers threads[/spoiler]

you imbecile
because science is objective
deterministic, etc

And it just so happens that the answer is always what the people who paid them wanted. What a surprise. Fucking brainlets ITT.

>1 post by this id
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

>The video only goes back 12,000 years
That's twice as far as it should.

>not questioning science
>silly

you can only falsely imagine it is possible to question science when you dont or wont understand it

So are you saying that scientific method is ineffective?

If no them i win, if yes then prove your position. (or i can prove mine instead if its too hard for you. Either way ill win anyway.)

> le theory XD
> objective

just wait longer, when you start to realize the bullshit pilling up.

B-But they do question science when it comes to gender

/thread

>Fairytale meaning bullshit, yes.

stuff like multiple universes existing?

>Science
A method for discovering Truth
Allows for new evidence

>Religion
Dogma masquerading as Truth
Burns heretics

(Nope. Exactly the same.)