Why don't more people place their nen under restriction to increase their power, especially when they're gonna die

Why don't more people place their nen under restriction to increase their power, especially when they're gonna die.

If Gon can pull it off, can't be that hard.

Probably because most people aren't that crazy and if you do survive you'll never be able to use that power again. Also, Gon had a lot of potential talent to give up

>If Gon can pull it off, can't be that hard.
Gon is a one in a million talented kid, and you can only sacrifice your future potential like he did if you're young and suicidal/mentally unstable.

Gon was a rare talent, was stewing in self-torment and denial for ten weeks, and consciously cast aside his future after having learned all was for naught. I'm sure anyone who felt a similar level of internalized and externalized hatred and was ready to die could replicate his transformation under similar conditions, but Gon had greater prospects in his future than the average hunter and had something valuable to sacrifice for momentary strength, compared to say Netero who wouldn't have gained anything by trying to pull a Gon-san as he was well over the hill.

Really though it's probably just hard to come by someone who's as assblasted as Gon was and ready to dish out the same kind of suicidal "fuck you".

No

MY

RUBBER

honestly it comes down to determination
gon actually commited suicide

Because Gon had godlike potential and was filled with depression over losing Kite and hatred directed towards Pitou, it was the perfect storm

O

>especially when they're gonna die.
Nen is only worth what you give up. If you're gonna die in the next minute than you don't have much to offer.
And that's the secret to nen contracts really. Your power increase depends on what you offer.

This. You need the potential to begin with, most people don't even come close to what Gon had.

>If you're gonna die in the next minute than you don't have much to offer.
Well by that logic it sounds like Gon wouldn't have been able to tap into his future since Pitou was going to kill him.

and gon was gonna lie in literally seconds

MY

Between the politics and the hiatus I never actually read much past this point. Did this actually permanently affect God at all or was he healed up and just told not to do it again?

O

Anyone else got turned off by the walls of text after the manga came back?

He got healed, but can't use Nen anymore.

He lost mc status

hes back to being a normal kid
he has to learn nen all over again if he wants to use it

At all? That seems like an appropriate result but I don't see how the series could continue like that unless he's just not in it.

>Gon wouldn't have been able to tap into his future since Pitou was going to kill him.
>and gon was gonna lie in literally seconds

Gon wasn't injured or on the verge of death. Pitou was going to try to kill him, but she probably wouldn't have been successful given that the nen gods decided that his future potential was a valuable trade for temporary power.

I think it could make an interesting discussion though. What if Gon never made that contract? How would things have played out?

He was wished back to 'normal' which (though not outright stated) seems to mean normal from before he became a hunter and such. It was confirmed that he still had nen flowing from him, but he lost his abilities to use it for time being.
He actually isn't in the current arc, it's focusing on Kurapika instead

>I don't see how the series could continue like that unless he's just not in it

>it's focusing on Kurapika instead
Oh Jesus. I think I'll just consider the Chimera Ant arc the end of the series then. Thanks for the explanation.

He still has his aura he just can't see it.

Ging said he'd have to sacrifice something. So he'll rip his aunts heart out and become the main villain of the final arc

Gon's going to come back eventually.
Maybe it'll take 10-15 years but we'll get there.

If he dies who becomes the Main character

Hisoka

OH MY RUBBER ARC

baby

Because Gon is a special snowflake and no one else would've become as strong even if in the same situation.

>If Gon can pull it off, can't be that hard.
Except it is hard. Kurapika had to train for ages just to get his chains and their restrictions working and his convinction to kill the Spiders is through the roof.

Because it's an asspull. Plain and simple.

Why?

>tfw I actually liked Kurapika revenge and adventures with the mafia better than Gon adventures.
Kurapika really should focus on getting a woman pregnant though to continue his lineage incase he one day fucks up and the spiders kill him before he can get his full revenge.

RUBBER

t. brainleto hernandez

He would've died simple as that

It's not an interesting discussion, Gon would be dead.