Maybe Trump should think things through before deciding them?

Maybe Trump should think things through before deciding them?

Tariffs are bad for the local industry!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AnpTWKKWQ1o
iop.org/careers/working-life/articles/page_65618.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>trumpfags are too stupid to understand just how much of whats left of american industry rely on cheap steel
>they don't realize they'll put a ton of businesses out of work and foreign companies will take that market share and import the goods that were being made in the USA

kek, poor america

People who are "suffering" from that tariffs are as much of the problem as the rest of US industry. They opted to buy cheaper goods to increase profit and the American industry suffered for it. I don't feel bad for that guy at all.

We're going to start getting it from you and mexibro if you play ball dummy. Nobody needs Chinese "steel"

wtf i love neoliberalism now!

I bet you shop at Walmart instead of high end artisanal places with made in the USA stamps.

As much as I love Trump hold a gun to the head of your businesses and forcing them to buy canadian steel (which is hilarious considering he ran on ending NAFTA) it's still not as cheap as the stuff they were getting from China. If you think the hundreds and thousands of small businesses that make parts and components with that cheap steel wont be affected by hugely increased prices then you probably need to go brush up on basic economics and the cost in supply chains.

Because fuck laws and borders and shit

>They opted to buy cheaper goods to increase profit
Yes, because increasing profits is literally the goal of capitalism.
> I don't feel bad for that guy at all.
You should feel bad for yourself. You are paying for these tariffs.

The club for growth warned us about this, but we didn't listen.

We need those production jobs in the US, if it becomes economically viable people will invest to make it happen. A bunch of relatively high paying steel and fabrication jobs are better than the low skills bloated service sector that we have now.

If you think rapidly increasing prices all over the market is worth 500 new steel jobs then you really don't know what you're talking about. The only people who benefit from this are the countries that aren't being forced to buy expensive US steel who will export their affordable goods to the US. Not to mention the unions who will be able to make tons of money from their workers and the democrats who will get donations from those unions.

But hey, as long as you get that news article that says "500 new steel jobs" i'm sure you'll be happy.

Change can hurt, doesn't mean the end result is worse when all things are considered. There is an entire country to worry about, not just a single company.

And farmers suffer when we arrest illegals. Boo hoo. Buy American, hire American.

This. It's like Walmart crying. Fuck em

start prohibiting retail imports then
you fuck your locals producers if they cant compete

>meme flag
>shit posting
A match made in heaven

>drinking the liquid jew

business owner cut corners and reduced the quality of his product to increase profits is now complaining he has to support the domestic market
ooohhh nooooo what will this well off cunt ever do?

Who says we're stopping at 500 new steel jobs? Protectionism as a philosophy has always been and will always be the best way to foster growth of selected economic sectors and we, as a nation, have decided to foster growth in domestic production of anything and everything we can. As we should, as it stands millennials are entering a stagnant wage based market, we won't be able to raise children and out breed the Mexicans if we're all working as baristas and bartenders. Factory jobs are careers which is what we need more of. And if people choose to buy cheaper inferior goods from China we'll just slap an even bigger tariff on those.

>We need those production jobs in the US
Why?

So you're going for a closed economy? Because you're gonig to have to put tarrifs on everything to stop companies from importing the components made with cheap steel from overseas.

>buy American
>then stop prohibiting imports

What the fuck are you talking about? Imports aren't made by Americans.

don't bother arguing with that retarded leaf

>Buying "made in America shit."
>Not actually having a lumber mill and the forest to cut down tree's and build your own furniture.

How fucking horrible, and I mean that whole heartedly, it must be a night mare to have cheap shit tables and not be able to make your own!

Burger is the retarded one in this conversation.

and in the end the consumer pays the price.

>millennials are entering a stagnant wage based market, we won't be able to raise children and out breed the Mexicans if we're all working as baristas and bartenders. Factory jobs are careers which is what we need more of.

Closed to many imports, we can still export if customers exist, but the American market place is the most valuable customer base on the planet so our main goal is to prevent foreign competition from accessing the market in favor of American made goods, so yes a semi-closed market. Luckily, we buy the most shit here, so naturally we should be making most of that shit. Better that some dude in the Midwest gets my buck than some chink in beijing.

Our steel industry has been getting fucked for a long time. He knows how to bluff. Let's see if he knows when to fold. You never know until you try. Let's see if he can MAGA.

This. Where I work we use aluminum and steel. All American made. We pay more to try and keep the money we spend in our economy.

People that are cheap, selfish and lazy won't get my sympathy.

This is also how I feel about it and give this guy an extra fuck you.
Being from PA and buying imported metals is pants on head retarded and he helped kill the mills in his own backyard so fuck this guy.

>we can export if customers exist
Those customers will exist but they'll be buying from reasonably priced goods from economies that you propped up by wrecking your own. You'll make your enemies more profitable while forcing your own businesses out of work.
>the most valuable customer base on the planet
only because of the surplus of cheap goods that you plan on wrecking with a closed economy

>Factory jobs are careers which is what we need more of.
>Pulling a lever 12 hours a day is a career with lots of room for advancement
>Spending $300 on a beer keg is worth having millennials work these menial jobs instead of those other menial jobs

Protectionism has literally worked since the dawn of international trade. Hitler helped save his economy with protectionism. All of the greatest presidents in our history, from Washington to Lincoln were staunch protectionists. The alternative is Judeo-Globalism where the world is split into "sectors" and the production sector would be in 3rd world countries where labor is cheap. I don't want to live in a world where my children are relegated to crappy service positions and Chang's children are relegated to sweatshop workers.

We don't need an export based economy when we have the customers here, and frankly, people will still buy I-phones and Tesla cars simply because they're higher quality products and people love brands.

Factory jobs have salaries, 401k's, and benefits, which you need in the USA if you want to raise children, and they're a lot more involved than pressing a lever 12 hours a day, plus that's mandatory OT.

It's a bet, I actually like shark Trump a lot more than white supremacist Trump.

Dude does one thing correctly at least.

We have to have wealth creation jobs. It’s not about effort or qualifications it’s about wealth. Your meme flag should indicate you know this, but you’re just a faggot or a shill using that flag.

Service doesn’t create wealth. It’s just redistributes it. We HAVE to get wealth creation jobs back to a majority of US GDP or else no matter how much our GDP grows it’s just fake inflation created by investment. No new money is added by service jobs and that’s the problem. We need steel to be American again.

>Factory jobs are careers which is what we need more of.

It's better than having no careers; empirically, that's the alternative. 'Moving up the value chain' has proven to be bullshit, because people with the requisite talent moved up anyway, at least in the U.S. It hasn't magically happened because all the working-class jobs got shipped to Thailand.

Explain to me then why for example in Australia our formerly 3rd largest employer the steel industry is extinct completely? How we just recently lost the last of our locally made car factories and our formerly No.1 employment industry - manufacturing - is now a wet dream the Union movement is desperately clinging on to, a good thing at all for Australians? You used to be able to go get a job in a steel mill/manufacturing and get an apprenticeship leading into dozens of trades and high expertise all while being able to support a large family on a single income. Now we have muh stronk wyman shitting up the white collar industry lowering wages there and voting for open free trade markets, annihilating most of the blue collar work resulting in our previously 90% middle class country to have a 40% swing into poverty or just above the poverty line. Large families are non extinct outside of non white immigrants rorting the welfare system to do it.

Who do you think is paying for all this? Australia like the continental US could quite easily operate entirely as a closed economy. We both have practically unlimited natural resources of every kind and the skilled intelligent white populations to exploit them. Neither of us NEED free trade. EVERYONE ELSE needs it. So we now have iron ore sitting in the ground not being mined due to China slowing down demand and no local demand because we shutdown our steel industry through free trade and are buying our own resources back from shitty companies in China and India. This is not a sustainable model. Our government is funneling billions into the mining companies to keep them afloat due to this retardation known as free trade and is precisely the opposite of what should be done in a free market economy.

Free trade has only been used as a tool of crony capitalist and has absolutely affected and even destroyed the standard of living for their fellow people.

>We have to have wealth creation jobs.
I've never heard that term before I like it. That's precisely true, we need jobs that generate enough income for the worker to invest for their retirement, or save for their children's schooling, or go to night classes themselves. the alternative is a nation where most of the workers are too poor to even elevate themselves out of the cycle of rent and bills because they only earn enough to get by. That's Feudalism.

>spend eternity buying outsourced materials
>local sources can no longer compete and thus have to charge more to survive
>now tariffs on outsourced materials
>"WHY ARE LOCAL SO EXPENSIVE?"

These people killed the industry and then wonder why it's dead and can't feed them.

So you expect people to pay higher prices for the same product just because?

>we will force our customers to buy overpriced goods
>this is profitable and sustainable
>people wont just stop buying those luxury items and crash the economy further and lose more jobs
Why do central planners always think that THIS time it will work. Unless you plan on going full Mao or Stalin and forcing people to work at gunpoint you're just going to destroy whats left of your economy. Consumers only exist when consumables are affordable, this consumer base will evaporate when its no longer practical.

>Cares about rights
>Why are you opposing a system that brings in thousands upon thousands of immigrants who vote for larger more nanny-esque government?
Have fun when you lose your right to bear arms and speak against diversity.

>Factory jobs have salaries, 401k's, and benefits,
So do most office jobs. Metal workers in the US have a median income of just $34k per year. A food service manager has a median income of $50k per year.
>which you need in the USA if you want to raise children
Most millennials have no desire for children anyway so that's a moot point.
>they're a lot more involved than pressing a lever 12 hours a day
How so?

>why would a business ever try to support the world that they do business in

>We have to have wealth creation jobs.
Except when you actively try to induce these jobs for example via tariffs you weaken other industries that rely on cheap resources. All this for jobs that nobody wants.

>its possible to operate as a closed economy
>no one needs free trade
both of these are true, unfortunately to completely ignore the repurcussions of these decisions, if you think people will be happy with paying triple prices on goods or working 12 hour days in steel mills or farms you're going to be disappointed, people will revolt and put someone in power that will bring back their cheap goods they were used to

. t good goyim wage cucks

Hey only two more days on the grind in the factory for Shlomo and you get a break isn't that something to look forward too.

>Why do central planners always think that THIS time it will work.

Because it worked for most of out national history?

Also, you're strawmanning. Central planning means something, and doesn't refer to all forms of government interaction with the economy.

>Why are you opposing a system that brings in thousands upon thousands of immigrants
Why would this decrease immigration to the US? Seems far more likely to increase immigration for the same reason agriculture does "young people don't want to work for garbage wages doing tedious jobs so we need more Mexicans."

>Have fun when you lose your right to bear arms and speak against diversity.
The second amendment isn't worth the paper it is written on any more.

Good

Consumerist are just crypto kikes.

>1 post by this ID
Kike shills taking strange avenues to push against nationalism.

Stop shill, no one falls for your globalists talking point. Trump is using it as leverage to get better trade term, 4d chess sweetie.

There's literally no problems envisaged with the cost of steel. The OP is not real, or is it's just an excuse to have a dig at Trump.
It's only steel manufacturers who'd have problems. Any change in costs to companies that use steel will be nation wide, short term and passed on to customers. Makes no difference to anything.

>THIS time it will work
It worked during the Industrial revolution
It worked during the second industrial rwevolution
It worked in Nazi Germany
It worked in pre-war USA
it worked in the pre-war UK
It works now in China, Korea, and Japan

Tell me a time in history when protectionism didn't work?

They have no desire for children because they don't make enough money, they're demoralized.
>How so?
Factory workers fulfill the needs that it's no viable to automate, it's the lever pushing positions that get automated.

We don't have sweatshops in the US, we have labor unions that bargain for better conditions and pay, the jews moved their factories to China for a reason.

>we're doing this to bring back jobs
but you'll lose jobs doing this
>good i hate jobs
why are protectionist fags so retarded?

>you

Now be a good goy and get back to your factory job, Mr hard worker

I've kicked your neocon loving ass up and down this thread go back to Toronto faggot

Fuck off. 50 years ago we had these jobs and a booming and wonderful, self sufficient economy. 200 years ago everyone had them and inflation and unemployment were low everywhere. We have propped up big business and globalism with free trade while the West destroys its own standard of living. And for what?
For cheap iPhones and plastic?

We have industry that relies on cheap resources because they make cheap shitty products that used to fund our nation and now fund nobody except megacorporations.
Take off your memeflag you globalist fuck. Your flag stands for the opposite of that which you so cry out for

Nice try Shlomo, take your proxy off.

>Factory workers fulfill the needs that it's no viable to automate, it's the lever pushing positions that get automated.
You mind giving examples of what factory workers do? When I worked in a (plastic molding) factory my job was tedious and pointless. 12 hour shifts sitting at a machine trimming bits of excess plastic off of car mirrors. Feel bad for those people who had worked there for decades, I certainly would have killed myself if I was stuck at that job for more than a year.

>drumpfffff!

Tariffs literally have t even happened yet

Then why not quadruple the price and hire even more people?

Lol Canadians worry about Americans, don't you guys hate us? Stop trying to correct our (((mistake))).

I'll give you examples if you reply with your geo flag

Welcome to Sup Forums new friend

Your companies are uncompetitive. With tariffs you're just causing these companies to stay uncompetitive. While your economy might (and probably will) get a boost for a while, it will only have a short term effect. Long term you'll create even bigger damage.

I don't expect anyone to par more for no reason. I wish for people to not feel required to, but WANT to help their fellow people. Charity is not how you help your fellow man. You support him in his venture, in his hard work and dedication. You support the pursuit of quality and care. Home made used to be a thing of pride. It needs to be again.

youtube.com/watch?v=AnpTWKKWQ1o

>when I worked at a result of globalization I had to do shitty menial work so please tell me how that compares to machining and manufacturing checkmate atheists

Try going to college and taking a single machining class you fucking fool. That’s not a steel job. That’s a making cheap Chinese products but we finish them in the US so we can put a made in America sticker on it job. The kind of shit we’re complaining about.

Who gives a shit if it is "meaningless"? It needs to pay well. You get meaning from your family. Also smart people have a tendency to think everybody is smart like them.

Dumb people and people of average intellect need good paying jobs too. You can't just tell people who lost a decent job to get certified in the tech field. Neolibs and neocons need to die

>50 years ago we had these jobs and a booming and wonderful, self sufficient economy.
50 years ago impoverished hellholes didn't have the industry to compete with first world manufacturing.

>200 years ago everyone had them and inflation and unemployment were low everywhere.
The steel industry as it is today didn't even exist 200 years ago. 200 years ago most people were still farmers and you bought your tools from a local town blacksmith.

>For cheap iPhones and plastic?
I don't like paying 300% markup for crappy goods.

>Take off your memeflag you globalist fuck. Your flag stands for the opposite of that which you so cry out for
Because libertarianism is all about state intervention in the economy.

>you cannot have a healthy balance between cost and sales
Same reason raising minimum wage to $15 for burger flippers doesn't work: supply and demand.
Local products like steel are in low demand, so the supply is low, so the cost is high. As demand increases, so does supply, and cost decreases. There will always be that period between the low-to-high shift where the cost doesn't immediately justify the purchase. However, if you never make that initial step, it will always be low supply high cost, and it will kill local industry, making you more reliant on other countries for your goods, which is objectively bad.

>Your companies are noncompetitive.
That's why we'll prohibit other nations from accessing our customers, we'll be competing against ourselves to sell domestically.

They still don’t. They only can because we have nothing to protect our industry while they have tariffs and protectionist models for their growing economy WE PUT ON THERE for THEM

>hugely increased prices
How so?

So you mind giving me examples of these complex and fulfilling jobs that these people supposedly do or are you suggesting I go back to college to get a second degree in mechanical engineering technology or some other retard tier degree so I can learn what menial jobs factory workers do?

Inspiring shit aussiebro

this guy gets it, thanks my Anglo brother

Define "working"
>nazi germany
By "working" you mean the need to start massive conflicts build huge militaries subsidize and pillage neighboring countries to maintain profitability for the arms companies that buy the closed economy steel?
>pre war USA
>pre war UK
was poor as hell and only exacerbated by the closed economy imposed by FDR, the economy only started booming after those restrictions were lifted
>china
killed off half its country and enslaved the other half, still enslaved to shit wages
>korea
only profitable because of free trade with western countries, unless you're talking about the NORK's which is a good example of a closed economy that you're seeking
>japan
same thing

Both industrial revolutions were ignited by the lifting of many protectionist policies of the past, and were only halted temporarily by reactionaries pushing protectionism and massive conflict that destroyed a natural organic civilian economy in favor of subsidized military industrial complex that cost millions of lives.

I know you love trump and would suck his dick no matter what but you really shouldn't be discussion economics, just go post dumb momiji pictures in r/ptg instead.

>>we will force our customers to buy overpriced goods

Meanwhile you pay 5% GST on anything you import.

Here's an example you might understand. A European buying Maple Syrup from us pays 8% tarrif.

Tax here in USA for any import 0%

Fuck you. You faggots need us, we don't need you.

ITT neets and professional college students shilling for low IQ wage cucks to work in modern sweat shop factories.

But hey atleastst they get their (((401k))) and (((benefits))) for slaving away

The absolute state of Amerimutt "nationalism"

As I said, long term you're fucked.
But you're probably the 99% who only thinks one paycheck ahead.

The more free market and small government countries the better it is for everyone. I don't hate you, just kind of perplexed by american lack of basic economic understanding.

>You can't just tell people who lost a decent job to get certified in the tech field
I fully agree but actively raising the prices of goods in order to force companies to keep redundant jobs isn't the solution either. At the end of the day you are holding back the natural advancement of the economy in the name of people keeping their jobs. Sometimes people will need to retrain in order to fit into a changing industry, it doesn't mean that they need to enter tech fields per say, but just like a farmer in 1890 may need to become a factory worker when he can no longer compete with larger mechanized agriculture a modern steel worker may need to retrain to enter a similar or perhaps entirely unrelated field.

>>we will force our customers to buy overpriced goods
It's not "overpriced", it will be the normal price again. Nobody in the US actually thinks in terms of those sweatshop $/hour. It just happens because you can import them silently without even approaching these issues.

>free trade

What's "free" about 5% tax on anything you import?

Forgot your meme flag, spic

>free market

You keep saying this, yet your country charges 5% tax on everything imported there. Why are we the only ones on Earth not allowed to do this?

Who is going to revolt? The quality of living of my parents generation is a distant memory! 12 hour shifts without compensation is illegal. All of these things are the same strawman fallacies touted by the corporate world every time the this comes up. The vast majority of white people under 40 are not having families. They live empty consumerist lives living in festering dreams one day they can save enough to buy a fibro shack for over a million dollars.

Protest against what!? The ability to return to fulfilling life long employment that allows family and the return of community? SO many 20 somethings say they do not want these things yet then in their 30's have a mid life crisis and if they can afford it 'seachange'. They go searching for the tight knit family lifestyle still in operation in the rural areas. They still have no families and in 30 years will still die depressed and alone surrounded by cats and other shit pets. This is a hell on earth compared to what our parents grew up with.

The people who will cling militarily to this current lifestyle of lazy consumerism starbucks and iphones do not train, do not work in critical services or have combat military experience. They are the living embodiment of the bourgeoisie. They hate themselves more than anything and larp as communists as a last ditch effort to deal with the mental and emotional anguish of what they are. These people do no lead insurrections. They die from them.

hey did you know that Luxembourg was exporting steel to america back then? this was one of the main reasons we got rich
themoreyouknow.gif

>business needs X steel to make their product
>cost to manufacture X item increases by 30%
>business raises the price of their product by 30% to offset costs
>customers either pay that or cut back resulting in fewer sales for the business
>which leads to a cut back of production and layoff of jobs
>increased unemployment

or

>business needs X steel to make their product
>cost to manufacture X item increases by 30%
>business raises the price of their product by 30% to offset costs
>customers stop buying the product in favor of cheaper imported product
>resulting in no sales for the business
>which leads to bankruptcy
>increased unemployment

>it will be the normal price again
Which will lower standards of living as goods increase in costs and wages stay largely or entirely the same.

Angry Chinese nigger mad at Americans for not sending all our wealth to zipperheads.

>implying maple syrup is a vital good and not a luxury good
>implying this wont hurt maple syrup manufacturers by decrease of exports and customers overseas who no longer want to pay more for diabetes

>Every country on the planet taxes US good
>US does same thing

ZOMG US IS DESTROYING FREE TRADE!!!!!!!!

Nice argument

Did you make sure to ask your boss to lower your wage and thank him for your manual labor slave Factory job

I hope you did because he needs to buy another condo in Florida while you pull in a double shift over the weekend for your overtime in the factory, wow you made it $22 an hour isn't that something to be proud of!!

>I wish for people to not feel required to, but WANT to help their fellow people.
However tariffs are in practice forced charity. One thing that Sup Forums constantly slams the left for.
Givng someone a job that is not required just t have him do something i simply charity with some extra hoops on it.
Reminds me of the quote "If You Want Jobs Then Give These Workers Spoons Instead of Shovels"

>nazi germany
The economic miracle took place long before the build up of arms
>pre war USA
>pre war UK
The wealthiest nations in the world prior to the depression that was caused by banking, not protectionism.
>>china
The fastest growing economy among major powers because of staunch protectionism preventing foreign competition
>>korea
Doesn't have free trade with western countries, imposes tariffs to prevent foreign imports from competing.
>>japan
same thing

> only halted temporarily by reactionaries pushing protectionism and massive conflict
Presided over by Teddy Roosevelt, and it caused the fastest growth in American GDP by PPP scale in history

shifting isn't as much of a problem as the reduction in jobs - and involvement - overall

iop.org/careers/working-life/articles/page_65618.html

Wouldn't normal market pressures and competition keep costs from rising too high? Innovation and efficiency is still a part of business.