kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/freeza/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>MC has nowhere to go after killing the strongest man
>Just kidding, he was just high B class
>Now there's A and S classes
>they were just being kept out by a barrier that only worked on strong demons
>Another arc
>MC becomes S class, a god, and heaven can't stop him
>Just kidding, that's low S class, random mobs from the demon world can shitstomp him while using a small amount of their power

Dragonball, duh.
> Goku
> Starts at power level 5
> Reaches power level 5000000000000000

It was said early in the series that the barrier kept out stronger demons. I think you're confusing the letters. Weren't the Saint Beasts C class?

The one thing that does not make any sense is that Hiei was basically born as an A class demon or was one in his childhood. Yet, he lowers himself to a D class. He ought to have had a better perspective on the power creep given how strong he used to be.

Yujiro Hanma is literally perfect in every way and not even the main character of his own manga could beat him without it being a draw despite beating him being the only goal in his manga and life

There's nothing wrong with this until the final arc.

Being that it's Togashi he was pretty aware of this.
In Chapter Black he made a point of how inhumanly strong Yusuke was yet how the psychics could defeat him if he played into their strengths. Then there was that whole concept of the three kings being the only relevant fighters in their respective kingdoms.

Dragonball.

Toriko hands down. Near the end numbers ment nothing.

Did he ever give botan dindins?

Pretty hard to top dragonball's power creep

To be fair toriko was axed so the power creep and story were moving as fast as the characters were

go to
Near the end they were moving faster than light fighting a literal black hole (the black hole actually jobs to the big bad) and go off to fight monsters the size of a universe.

The only time Toriko was actually enjoyable.

Is it even worth watching, at that point? The thing I hate most about shonen anime is basically their most defining feature.

The barrier keeps only S and A demons away. Anything below A level can pass.

About Hiei, he needed the Jagan to look for his sister. And he knew a) people on the Human World weren't that strong and b) he could just go back to his initial level given enough time.

was the author dying of aids or something? its like he gave up

>final tournament starts
>skips to someone describing who won and what happened
>by the way god got impeached for making demons evil
>everyone lives in peace

The high part is frozen hell. The 2nd best part is when power levels go to shit. Turn your brain off and enjoy the crazy ride.

Actually I take that back, the cooking competition was amazing too, however once the power creepy really kicks off it goes balls to the walls and is great in its own way.

toriko's actually one of the few battle manga that handled powercreep really well till NEO

>strongest being in existence

Toguro was never stated to be the strongest being. Ever.

>>Tournament of powerups follow

In the case of Yusuke, he had the spirit orb which was literally "You have to absorb this power up or die trying."

>>asspulls a win

How was his win over toguro an asspull?

He didn't want to do the three kings arc in the first place. It was more burn out than anything. The anime had to change stuff around and fill in the gaps

Also the Saint Beasts were C class. If they were all low B class then the team would have been wrecked

I don't know but Rance has the best powercreep

>asspulls a win
bleach?

>Namek Arc
>Introduce the strongest guy in the whole universe
>1 arc after the start of Z

he's some kinda creep alright

YYH brought literal power levels by the end, they had scouters and everything. The same guys from the black tournament which shouldn't have been even B-class and with a power level of

the power scaling in baki is odd where the main character becomes so strong and then stays that strong for like 20 years with him being head and shoulders stronger than all of his friends and everyone he fights until pickle. kinda similar to goku really

Nah, he's dying of mangaka work schedules and refusal to get assistants to help him so he doesn't die as fast.

Probably not the "biggest" in terms of scale but the powercreep in Nardo was just such a steaming pile of shit because in relation to the secondary cast no one could compete with eyehax or talk no jutsu/destiny

Class A isn't top ten, you moron. It's literally just above DT Yusuke.

Class S fodders can wipe out entire hordes of Class A like nothing.

you could say he's a "powercreep"

If you care about power levels you should fellate a smith & wesson

got a link?

I actually remember an interview where he talked about how he, these are his words, "cheated fans out of an ending" because he builds up the 3 kings and the associates, then IRL he had some medical issues due to the stress of the job so he just gave that shitty ending to an awesome series. I enjoyed every moment of the show up to the end, so I can forgive him, but he'll never forgive himself for it.

If I'm remembering right, his limiter was so he could get the Jagan eye to find his sister, and the Dragon of the Darkness Flame was a beast in the underworld that he baited out and then consumed himself, so it would be hard to not grow in power after that.

Toriyama originally intended for DBZ to end with Frieza. Everything was scaling up to that point nice and naturally.

However, when you have a super popular shounen manga, you don't just end it. You keep writing until it gets canceled. So from that point on he had to find new and creative (read: retarded) ways to ramp shit up.

So it's either that or pull a Togashi and pull the plug on the whole deal.

It's sad to see but after looking at the alternative in how utterly garbage Bleach and Naruto became, Bleach with it's Almighty Shitler and Naruto's ninja tactics tossed for eye hax and aliens, it's the only way to go.

honestly it wouldnt have even been bad if they had krillen fight his first form vegeta the second and piccolo the third.
Just everything between muh million power level and end of cell saga feels like it would have been way better with just a few adjustments.

>Toriyama originally intended

stop right there.

Power creep is pretty fun though, when it's done right
>character starts out human level weak as shit
>ends up universe-tier

As long as the fights are still interesting I don't have a problem with it. Big powercreep often stumbles somewhere in that area though.

>The one thing that does not make any sense is that Hiei was basically born as an A class demon or was one in his childhood. Yet, he lowers himself to a D class.

The Jagan surgery was said to have drained him of a lot of his demon energy.

sounds like konosuba

Reminds me of Bleach. Kubo started rushing things since the Fullbring arc (more like that was the editor) but he was the one who rushed stuf near the middle of the arc because the manga was literally killing him

YYH definitely is bad with it, but Samurai Flamenco is just ridiculous. From a street "hero" beating thugs to some mecha/power-ranger tier stuff in space, I almost dropped it midway but I was glad to watch it to the end, the middle arc of that show was just unbearable.

>The one thing that does not make any sense is that Hiei was basically born as an A class demon or was one in his childhood. Yet, he lowers himself to a D class. He ought to have had a better perspective on the power creep given how strong he used to be.
What the other guys said. But also because he was never intended to stick around in the story and was brought back purely due to popularity.

it's like not even possible to do it over a long period though, it's either the fights are the same as always "but they're stronger now because reasons" or it's just like "lol I can just will things out of existence" or whatever

Why did every 90s anime have a character in a green tank top? I almost mistook Toguro for Heero in the thumb.

>Toguro sacrificed his humanity to become millions of times weaker than some kid with yo-yos

T H I S

>Toriyama originally intended for DBZ to end with Frieza.
Read this and know you are dead wrong: kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/freeza/