Kakkai Sensen & Beyond

What does Sup Forums think of the first episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post/show/39920
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>kek

Really fun. Forgot how much good this show is.

I thought it could have been a bit more bombastic ('though I think the first season went a bit overboard in this regard at times), and I was expecting them to play Leonardo off a little bit cooler/competent than they did, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The "X-Station / Double-X" autism was actually pretty funny.

Oh, and the soundtrack was great yet again. In fact, I have a feeling it's going to be even better this time.

Also, I hope we get to see a lot more Aligura this time around.

I approve of it so far, this is really keeping pace with season one and i'm surprised since they switched directors and shit.

I got pretty heavy champloo and baccano vibes from the ost, somehow

I kekkaied as heartily as I ever did at season one. More of the same great stuff and I couldn't be happier.

Aligula wasn't even in either of these chapters at all, and IIRC hasn't showed up in the manga since her introductory chapter either, so Bones clearly likes her enough to put her in there just for the fun of it.

Between this and GHOST BLOWJOB, WOO WOO showing up at the very end, I wonder if we might be headed for two of anime original shenanigans with some of the more underutilized characters.

Oh shit, is that mother fucking Dicksuck?!

I require more Aligula.

It's great, but I'm really not feeling that ED. I had super high expectations, due to the god tier USG ED of season 1, and Yasuyuki Okumura doing the ED now, but it's super cluttered and overproduced, even more so than usual nip songs. Not a big fan of the lady's rapping too. She sucks.

The OP's great though. But I'm also a bit bothered by how they seem to repeat the first verse again. They used the "I'm sane but it's trick or treat?" verse again after it ended before transitioning to the japanese vocals. It definitely picks up hard after that though. Super strong OP otherwise.

Also, pic related was fucking adorable. I love it when shows play with their typography/design like this.

The first 2 vocal tracks being east coast hip hop and jap hip hop might've been a factor.

THANK YOU, ZAPP!/10

Missed the chance to thank you for this in the previous thread due to losing my fucking shit. I can't believe you did it, you absolute madman; this is a thing of beauty and you are based.

I'd already resigned myself to the first OP and ED being impossible to surpass. OP is fun and groovy and pretty good for what it was, and I'm still confident they can pull off something enjoyable with the ED animation, especially if they decide to go full dance sequence again.

did anyone make a webm of Klaus' attack on the monster because god damn

did bones finally did a good 2nd season? I enjoy this episode more than I thought

Absolutely fantastic.
Holy fuck I was worried the staff changes would impact it but it came back better than ever.

sakugabooru.com/post/show/39920

Nakamura is a fucking god.

>sakugabooru.com/post/show/39920
cheers m8

>sakugabooru.com/post/show/39920
The way Yutapon makes liquid animation is godlike.

And not only that, but a SteveChainfag to boot. These are from his Twitter.

>Recaptcha: CAMERA KISS

tfw you just finished doing Steven's laundry and some asshole falls from the sky and dies all over the clean sheets

Hey, Noragami S2 was good.

It was really all I dared hope for and then some. Remains to be seen if the dramatic parts will be handled as well, but this was a good demonstration of their chops when it comes to comedy. The fistbump in the OP brought a little tear to my eye, so signs are positive.

I didn't understand what was happening in the first season and I still don't but damn it was a lot of fun to watch.

Just strap in and enjoy the ride.

Feels good being back. I'm ready for more crazyness

I had the stupidest, biggest smile on my face when I saw "Dick Suck" again.

Season 1 had maybe the worst ending/last few episodes of anything I've ever seen. How does it pick up from that unbelievable shitshow?

I really enjoyed the very last episode (the one that took months to air), but the last few leading up to it were a bit messy, sure. What didn't you like about it specifically?

Last time it was Leo's turn. This season I want Klaus to get a girlfriend.

How was it bad for you?

FUN

Fucking loved it, already looking forward to next week. And I especially can't wait for Chain's episode.

This, i forgot how s1 was so much fun and this was the same

That it took forever to air and that the entire final arc was an incomprehensible clusterfuck. There are parts of the first season I really liked, but also plenty of parts that were just awful. The only thing I remember really fondly apart from the ED is the intergalactic chess match thing.

Amazing, The best thing about Kekkai Sensen is that it doesn't even need a serious plot to be enjoyable, Leo could just fuck around the town and it would be a great episode.

I loved it too. I hope we got more hip hop tracks, those two were really solid.

Great first episode. I hope they keep the donut steel original charcter shenanigans to a minimum this time around.

Is this episode the Jurassic Bark of anime?

I'm still hoping White will come back.

No Huwaito = no buy

But Howaito was in this episode

Yeah, i'm going to go ahead and disregard your opinion while referring you to how the anime-original ending of Trigun compares to the ending of Trigun Maximum for what I hope may be obvious reasons.

If you don't like the good type of clusterfucks have I got bad news for you about both your taste and mental inadequacy.

She's in the OP.

Your anime original waifu aint coming back nigga.

>another new tripfag
great just what we needed

>inb4 "I'm not new"

My husbando is pure!

That was just a typical Bones original ending, at least it didn't fuck over the canon of the work and make a sequel impossible.

Aw hell naw nigga I'm new as F*CK. Got on Sup Forums and then jumped straight into google, did me a little "how do i tripcode" search and this what we got. Right out of the oven. Take a big whiff while it's fresh.

It's still all style and little substance, but damn did Bones animate it well. I thought the rap that recapped the setting was pretty clever.

D I C K S U C K

>Leo could just fuck around the town and it would be a great episode.
All the best episodes are this. The actual story episodes from the first season were the worst parts.

>Haripo Rote Fuck
>Mascot says fuck
Nice

S H A W T Y

>frickers
>wanko
>spaghettini

>The actual story episodes from the first season were the worst parts.
Because mainly those were BONES original story™ and almost every time those sucks.

But I imagine it'd be a lot of fun.
>Klaus goes out with some tiny, cute girl while Stephen watches from the bushes ready to annihilate her if she brakes his heart.
>Meanwhile K.K watches Stephen from a different set of bushes, ready to annihilate him if he fucks this up for Klaus.
It'd be cute. CUTE!

The show needs more K.K. and Stephen bickering in general. Also, more Neyka would've been great.

It's been a very long time since I've enjoyed a first episode that much and replayed the same scenes that much too. God my sides still hurt.

CUTE

loved it

wanko means puppy

Does she ever talk? I don't think I've heard her talking in S1.

Same issues as the first season. Annoying MC and the whole "coolness" thing feels too try-hard sometimes.

Basically, only watching if for Chain.

The first season's OP is way better, but this one's quite acceptable, I say...

I don't think so. She appeared like once or twice in the entirety of S1 and didn't have a line of dialogue. I can't remember if she speaks in the manga.

A little disappointed there's no Bump Of Chicken this time around. Glad UNISON SQUARE GARDEN are still here though.

So did it ever felt weird or different for you guys who watched it knowing the director changed?

>VA: Ueda Reina
Such pity to make her never talk while having the voice of an angel.

Do you, per chance, have a pee-sized attention span?

She has no lines in the manga. Even her name was revealed in the anime.

>Bones
>Second Season

Please don't let this turn out horrible.

The episode did felt different to me. It has the same feel as season 1

>there's no Bump Of Chicken this time around
user

I liked it, but I don´t remember the Brigade guy at all, is he a character from the manga?

Will he appear again?

This thankfully has source material to use unlike Darker than Black S2 and Eureka Seven AO. We are getting a lot of good chapters adapted.

Noragami was OK. I don't watch BnHA though so how was the S2 of that?

He didn't appear in the opening didn't he?

I miss white

Neither did the guy and the girl that provide weapons, but they appeared in the episode to aid Leo even if they didn´t say anything.

Better than S1

Shit like the first season, but that's not Bones' fault.

>Noragami, Bungou Stray Dogs, BnHA
I don't see a problem

>pee-sized
Yeah...

So shounen and gay shit are fine for S2's. I guess this is pretty much saved then.

I'm ready for more shenanigans featuring my boy Zapp

>having bydlo tier sweets in my anime

>No Blitz.
No Buy.
Seriously, he was one of the funniest. It'd be a damn shame if he didn't show up again.

>Download and watch all of season 1 back in May
>Find out there's gonna be a second season in October back in August

Feels good

It would be weird if the vampire´s expert didn´t appear in the season with vampires as enemies.

I was cautious at first, but by the end of the episode I was so damn happy.

I haven't been this excited about an anime in ages.

>user missed watching Kekkai Sensen with Sup Forums
Feels bad

Fuck you, for a moment you made me think they died

That was hilarious. Shame Leo couldn't keep one as pet.
It still looks weird without the time text thing at the bottom though.

Holy fuck, I forgot how good the music in this show is. Anybody have a download to the first season's OST?

The ED seems pretty catchy. I want to see if the visuals match up with the first one. There better be dancing in it again.

Giving a few shots of white/the butterfly thing is a great way to honor season one without completely ignoring it; assuming it doesn't become a new anime original plot I think they handled it really well. Although I would be fine with it because white a cute.