twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forced drama and to teach him a """lesson"""
youtube.com/watch?v=321wCzRSySw

>Aibooooo!
>Aibooooo!!!!!!!!

Shit was pretty sad desu.

HA NA SE

When did this happen?

The Waking Dragons arc, AKA season 3 which was entirely filler.

I have a mixed feelings about this arc. It has some good, but I don't buy Atem being that heart broken over losing Yugi.

DOROOO MONSTA CARDOOOOO

The best part is that Yami totally could ve lost to Rapheal no consequences if just didn't fucking play the seal

This. It even got made fun of in Abridged. Raphael went full "I won't use the seal" on Yugi but Atem decided to use it for God knows what retarded reason even though there were no stakes. At all.

Hell no. This was all filler.

Are the filler arcs worth watching after Battle City Finals just for Dark Magician Girl and DUROH MONSTAH CARDO?
Although I don't like how the pharaoh was defeated by some nobody and Mai becoming a bitch again after all she went through in Battle City.

Who cares? It was a great duel.

The pharaoh doesn't ever think he would lose. In season 0 the pharaoh straight up killed so many fucking people in shadow games it's not even funny. He is a sword that has been honed through repeated battles.

The statement "there were no stakes" is patently false, a symptom of the fact that you all watched the show as children. He is dueling against people that have been going around and stealing people's souls. While the pharaoh was not going to lose his soul in this particular fight, the objective of his opponent's organization WAS to take his soul. A loss would have emboldened the organization targeting him, giving them insight to his weaknesses, and proving it could have been done. The pharaoh has already lost once without us even using the seal, so we just have to keep hammering him and going after the people he cares about. In theory, losing against him means nothing. But fighting against an organization that a single loss means death, and acting like being defeated doesn't mean anything?

Quite frankly, I don't think any of you take this seriously.

GOAT duel, who gives a shit about Yugi

>That feel when no proper Shonen Jump fighting game.
>That feel when you'll never see Yami catch someone with a level 3 super and it's this scene.

>Lose your soul
>Or lose a match with literally nothing on the line
Why did he pick the former?

how did pharaoh lose with the ability to draw any card he wanted?

Would Kaiba cry if he ever beat Atem?

What are the most interesting differences between the original Yugioh manga and the tv series?

HAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You gotta keep the commoners less suspicious by making it seem they had a chance at all. Afterwards you can send them to the shadow realm after tricking them to come into a dark alley.

What? They were literally two halfs of the same soul. Yugi would have been his reincarnation like Seto was the Priest if he wasn't trapped in the puzzle. I feel it was appropriate.

They made him lose by going completely out of character and having him play the seal himself and needlessly sacrifice his monsters to take victory at any cost.

DORO

watcher
>waking the dragons
>seasons

Stupid dub watcher

Since when do people not like Raphael? Or this arc in general?

>Kaiba v Amelda duels
>Best girl beats pegasus
>yugi v raphael
>tag duel v dartz
all hype as fuck and developed the characters for fucking once, but the story in between was (as always) insufferable.

>mai being a bitch again
she was never really that bad, she just cheated but was always fairly nice to people that didn't try to sleep with her first.

Also i thought the motivation made sense. To any normal person yugi/joey's friendship trumps all and luck always finds a way is fucking nonsense (and even later revealed to be literal cheating through magic)

Mai fucking tried to be one of them. She should have won her duel against Marik, but she got cheated and lost her soul. There's no point if your cards aren't OP at the end of the day.

His hair is fucking out of control in that. Holy mother of QUALITY.

Most of the duels were fine but a lot of the writing is just really terrible

>Atem using the seal
He's someone that knew the risks regarding the seal, couldn't accept the idea of losing and went with it because he refused to lose. Why? There were no other stakes involved.

>Mai being evil
This is forced drama cause she comes to view the peanut gallery as the only friends she has and learns the value of it in her duel with Malik when she remembers Jou as he's saving her from Ra's attack which goes to show how much she means to him after she's forgotten him during Malik's dark game

>Dartz as a villain
He's set up as too perfect of a villain that enjoyable. He's not fun that you're like "I love him cause he's such a piece of shit of a human being" like Malik or Dark Bakura are. He seems to be an amalgamation of all the other villains wrapped into one with his actions, such as taking over Kaiba corp like Pegasus wanted, throwing the world into chaos like Dark Malik wanted, having well thought out plan to revive a higher power like Dark Bakura. He just comes off as unoriginal in his plans.

The only good thing about this arc are 90% of the duels as well as making Rebecca likeable