Why don't isekai protagonists ever question the idea of being reborn in a world that happens to function perfectly like...

Why don't isekai protagonists ever question the idea of being reborn in a world that happens to function perfectly like a Japanese RPG?
Is there a better isekai than Kumo?

Other urls found in this thread:

lhscans.com/read-saihate-no-paladin-raw-chapter-1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who would answer them?

Pic related. Pretty fun since it's Kamachi's take on the genre. Like the second chapter has the MC group facing a PMC from modern world recreating modern weapons with Magic and middle age version of them. Or the second volume started with religious conflict of the real world and the fantasy world and turned into a kaiju disaster in Tokyo.

Pretty fun stuff

But all of their isekai novels say that other worlds are just like their RPGs, why would they question something for being the way it's meant to be?

Some people really didn't like the post-apotheosis switch to the Timothy Zahn-tier machinations.

Have you ever questioned being born into a world where the speed of light is an exact constant and objects apparently exert an attractive force on each other based on their mass for no apparent reason?

Why is a world where skills exist necessarily more strange?

That's because a fuckton of isekai go with the copout answer of "the god in charge of this world really likes playing weeb vidya from Earth and modeled reality to appeal to their hobbies" which is the exact reason Spider rolls with too.

Screw with them, have the next big isekei make the MC be reborn into EvE.

You know. In one series its the opposite. The games in are actual based on the isekai. Largely to help those transfering wrap their heads around the system easier.

Overlord

>Ep 1 MC reborn into eve, joins a mining/industrial corp
>ep 2 Just roll with it: intro to mining and manufacturing
>ep 3 Not Everyone is helpful: hulkageddon starts, MC gets podded
>ep 4 Shooting the bad guys!: MC gets a Kestrel and hunts rats in an asteroid belt
>ep 5 Mercenary work?: Mission running with papa Golem
>ep 6 PVP?!: MC's first duel
>ep 7 Economy?: The results of hulkageddon are being felt. Trit prices skyrocket and so do ships and modules. MC's corp goes to low sec to visit a POS to they can move and sell a load of stuff.
>ep 8 Exploration and hacking: MC rigs up a destroyer with exploration modules and goes out looking for fun
>ep 9 Wormholes: MC jumps into a wormhole, finds massive loot, makes friends with w-space carebears
>ep 10 Lost! MC's wormhole closed behind her! Nowhere to go but forward!
>ep 11 Stranger in a strange land: MC's wormhole hijinks have tossed her into nullsec! In the middle of a war nonetheless!
>ep 12 Home again: The war is over a possible new eve gate. MC jumps through and crashes into earth, almost by magic landing on her hometown. As quickly as it started it's over.

A wild last boss is about trying to take down that god, basically the goddess took over a high fantasy world and was playing sim on it.

Mushoku Tensei.

Anyone reading Isekai Kenkukoki?

It recently got a manga and is basically "isekai MC reincarnates as a starving orphan and ends up founding the Roman Empire". Falls into a lot of the typical pitfalls of your typical nation management isekai (everything goes way too conveniently for the MC, he remembers way too much random trivia that just so happen to be applicable to advancing medieval society, he's able to implement said trivia very quickly and with little setbacks outside of the notable exception of gunpowder, etc.) but it's reasonably interesting and the main love interest is cute as a button. Also there are actual competent male characters aside from the MC who get their own love interests.

>the main love interest is cute as a button
Is it purple hair?
If so picked up.

No, she's the secondary love interest.

I'm reading one called "I got wrapped up in the hero summoning, but the world was at peace"

pretty okay so far.

What happened to this manga translation?

>get reincarnated as a succubus because you died from being hit by a truck while eating in a fucking udon restaurant and the afterlife bureaucracy interpreted you talking about how "slurping down thick, white noodles is the best" as secretly wishing to become a semen demon

Dark Wing Duck did it better with the bit where all comics, books, videogames, and art were just people seeing other worlds when they created those images.

Oh, they are finally translating this again, thanks for reminding me.

If they could wrap their heads around an existential question, they wouldn't be writing a story that works exactly like an RPG. It's like a catch-22.
Also the popularity of isekai tells you something about the human race. That there's a lot of anxiety about a world that can change and mutate randomly any time something new is invented. A world governed by hard rules and limits, even arbitrary, is "comfy".

Sounds good.
>gender bender
Dropped.

Fuck, I meant Isekai Kenkokuki.

Apparently this is what Japan thinks starving twelve year old lolis look like.

T W E L V E
W
E
L
V
E

Man, Kamachi makes some bullshit powerlevels. Like the Sage for example is pretty much Mage Gilgamesh.

>Mage Gilgamesh
You called?

>MC introduces himself as twenty (physical age unknown)
>heroine is ten
>"oh man, I shouldn't lay my hands on her, I'm not a lolicon after all!"
>marries her seven years later

Sage has the power to use any spell that's available for humans. With Lorelei she can use those spells simultaneously.

I'd watch that.

Anyone know if Slime isekai improves later?
I read about 30 chapter of the LN but the main character is still pretty unlikable, has no balls, doesn't have enough agency.

>>"oh man, I shouldn't lay my hands on her, I'm not a lolicon after all!"
>>marries her seven years later

Maybe I should pick this up.

>make my abilities average manga
>skips an arc in two pages

>the adventures of the totally normal and absolutely not OP MC and her friends
It isn't good but at least it is above average.

Sounds awful.
>gender bender
Picked the fuck up.

She is legal by then

I just finish vol 2 and the epilogue is hitting me harder than I thought,

She was legal as a ten year old. This is a fucking bronze age society we're talking about.

Do all isekais have a protagonist that is overpowered from the start?

They literally get married because she pretended to be his wife during an audience with a king and he just rolled with it afterwards.

Nope.
Sometimes they start out pitifully weak only to become even more retardedly overpowered a few chapters in.

See: Kumo, Arifureta

So what is the sign of a shitty Isekai?? I will list some off the top of my head

>Cheat / hack / OP / MAH ABILITY IS THAT I CAN USE EVERYONE'S ABILITIES
>The strongest man in this world is level 70 and my level is 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999992
>Game is based off RPG / has RPG stat yet the author has no fucking idea how RPG works >SUPERIOR NIPPON COOKINGRU
>Party consist of 2+ females, all lust after MC's dick for no reason. Possibly one cow tit and one loli
>Slave / rape fantasy
>MC turn from a moralfag to edgelord at the drop of a hat
>OH MAN I SOMEHOW GOT THIS SUPER RARE DELUXE MEGA FABULOUS ULTRA GALAXY S+ ITEM RIGHT AT THE START

>has no balls
He's a slime. He's also not a black one, so he won't go on a raping spree (unlike that r-18 chad one).

Faraway Paladin has some of those yet it's still pretty decent

I like the protagonist being overpowered.

Two, to be more precise.

>Haremfuretard
Words can't describe how disappointed I was with that. I thought you were all just meme-ing about the bunny girl arc.

>every male character who is not MC is dreadfully incompetent/comically evil
>MC's first encounter with civilization involves saving a carriage with an important VIP in it from random bandits who then conveniently provides with all the information/gold/supplies/transportation he needs to Start His Life in Another World (tm)
>MC immediately makes a beeline to the Adventurer's Guild (tm) to register as an Adventurer (tm) so he can do menial jobs scrubbing toilets and collecting goblin dicks to slowly raise his Adventurer Rank (tm) from rank F to rank A

Nigga fuck off adventurer's guild and adventurer ranks are cool as fuck.

Like a little baby. I've said it then and I'll said it again:
>Medieval European kingdoms named after its ruling dynasty
is the biggest offense of all.

This.
Having an adventurer's guild mean a reason to have a lot of competent characters around and allow the easy entrance of interesting characters.

You might as well have a place literally called "the Club for Cool and Interesting Characters" then, no? Might as well if you don't give a fuck about having a single thread of logic in your worldbuilding.

>Reading Sevens
>MC, you can't use swords in the battlefield. Learn to use this halberd
>Ok, great grandpa
>A few chapters later
>Suddenly mithril katana that can cut through anything
I love Sevens so much but I hate it too at the same time.

You sound like a bitter faggot who never wrote and publish a single thing user.
Writing fiction isn't about logic, isn't about fun for you and your target audience.
If you don't know that and go for your generic logic to write garbage, then you can do nothing but whine and shitpost about authors all day in /lit/.

But this is Sup Forums

There's such a thing as willing suspension of disbelief you know.
Your story still has to be logical to the point that it's coherent to the reader.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear is a nice isekai, just a bear wondering around and trying to live a comfy life.

Dunno, Last boss is pretty decent despite having two of those. Imo It depends on author knowing his shit. For example, the mmorpg last boss 'mc' played instantly became unpopular as soon as thought guidancewear off since it's too unbalanced.

Not sure if you anons knows this.
lhscans.com/read-saihate-no-paladin-raw-chapter-1.html
The manga raw is out.

But most of the time they're actually boring as fuck and do nothing other than serve as pointless filler.

Tell me 3 decent ln's with this shit. Hard mode, mainstream shit like goblin slayer and overlord. You literally can't.

But Goblin Slayer is good.

It doesn't need to.
That what fiction is mostly about.
If you hate the fact that most fiction don't target you as a customer, how about spending more money on those that do instead of whining pathetically and anonymously about logic in this forum?

the problem with adventure ranks is that protag's OPness means they immediately belong in SSS+++ rank instead of scrub league, so instead of using the guild to help build the world it just becomes another tool for normal people to be like 'you're an F-rank? but you just casually sneezed at giga-mega-dragon and killed it'

The manga raw for chapter 1 of Faraway Paladin is out anons.

Goblin Slayer himself is the only good thing about Goblin Slayer.

and the guild girl. She is a major asshat.

>you're an F-rank? but you just casually sneezed at giga-mega-dragon and killed it'
I love when that happens though.

>manga

>logic is now a bad thing according to Sup Forums

Threat ranking from Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita.

>user being so buttblasted that no author would pander to his poor garbage ass that he resort to wasting his time whining like a bitch in Sup Forums and /lit/.

He should be pretty tall, right? And kind of muscular. The illustrations sometimes take a little too much of liberty, like how he was supposed to wear a helmet in one battle but it didn't show up.

Inb4 yaoibait

I think He is still young here.

Shieldbro?