Claymore's Norihiro Yagi Launches New Manga This Winter

animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-10-08/claymore-norihiro-yagi-launches-new-manga-this-winter/.122431

>This year's 46th issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine is revealing on Wednesday that manga creator Norihiro Yagi is launching a new series in the magazine this winter. The work will mark the first time Yagi is publishing a manga in Weekly Shonen Sunday. The magazine will reveal the exact premiere date and title at a later date.

Bout to be a real nice winter, whew

I am cautiously optimistic, since he really ran Claymore into the ground at the end.

How is Claymore? I've been considering reading it

I don't think it was the most exciting ending, but "ran into the ground" is a stretch imo

Eh! It gets pretty weak at the end, but still manages to stay decent.

How is it up until that point

Did you follow the manga as it was being written? It was not only weak but it took forever to end because it was monthly. Remember, Claymore ran for 13 years. It's very difficult to follow something after it turns mediocre or even average.

Its solid, but there is a tonal shift in the middle that might seem unappealing depending on your preferences

It starts off strong and then falls down the stairs.

>inb4 that Witcher autist

No I didnt, by the time I read Claymore it had a few chapters left to go. I totally get that impression of the story, because even reading it all the way through doesn't make later chapters *so* much better or anything, but narratively the story does hold up and has thematic coherence

Not him but I followed it for a while but eventually dropped it. Had great moments even when the quality dropped, they were just fewer and further in between as the manga went on.

Did Raki end up with Claire?

I think Angel Densetsu was the better manga, felt more tightly written while Claymore started to drag on after a while.

Raki has to kill Claire himself.

agreed, AD is a timeless classic

yes

>we will never know what's in the main continent
I hate "le big mistery" so much.

>Raki has to kill Claire himself.

>yes

I'm getting conflicting answers here...

>agreed, AD is a timeless classic

Probably the best delinquent fighting manga I've read. I used to like Holyland a lot but after I went back and read it again I think AD holds up a lot better.

Stalemate.

guess

The MC isn't even a delinquent. He just looks like one, and he got good at defending himself because of it.

what mystery? It's said what's happening there

His only good work was Angel Densetsu

But why introducing it if you don't do anything with it? Its introduction is inconsequential to the plot. it glimpse to something bigger that we'll never see.

it provided context to their environment, the nature of the organization, and the Claymore's eventual decision not to be anyone else's pawns. The entire manga is filled with Claymore suffering because of their bosses and embracing liberation even if it means death, so to have the story conclude on "lets go fight more people" wouldn't make much sense

I am hyped! -inserts hype Overload GIF-

That's what makes it a great delinquent manga.

>-action-
Fuck off, newfag piece of shit.

Do it. Stay away from the anime

that's cool. I liked claymore, ending was meh. But that didn't help that it was monthly.

It's both.