don't mind me i'm only here to post the best shonen ever made

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1tKoh8aHnaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>it's the daily hxh bait thread

it may be bait but it's damn true

i want to ____ killua

O

This is, in essence, true. However, the fact that it will forever be incomplete is something that cannot be ignored.

I loved HxH, and its probably one of my favorite shows. That being said though, and this is probably just personal, but...

I will say though, HxH definitely handled it's side characters way better than Dragon ball, specifically Z. The loveable crew became completely useless in Z, but in Dragon ball, the whole crew was nice. (Still though, they never really were THAT useful.)

Though, honestly, I kind of find it hard to compate HxH and original Dragon Ball. I never really felt like Dragon Ball was meant to be all that serious, minus maybe, the King Piccolo arc.

MY

ANIME

Cartoons

Both are correct.

But that's not Jojo or OP though

Meh, it's good but it's no FMA:B.

Also, the narration at the final stages of the Chimara Ant arc was just BAD. You could have done all that with inner monologue and showing rather than telling. As it stands, that was The most painful thing to sit through in the entire anime.

Which does say something about the anime as a whole.

Wrong.

>FMA:B
One word: "humor".

Yeah, yeah, Killua and Gon are gay for eachother. We know.

The final stages of the chimera ant arc had to be slowed down to even convey what the fuck was going on.

youtube.com/watch?v=1tKoh8aHnaM

FUCKING NETERO IS A GOD

I'm gonna be honest, I didn't find HxH all that funny. Oh, I get the jokes. Gon is stupid, Leorio is a bitch, Hisoka is a perv, but at the end of the day they're the same jokes over and over again. But by the end of the Phantom Troup arc I was bored of them.

However, I still find Alex Lois Armstrong's Muscle Diplomacy to be hillarious years after I first saw it.

That I get and I'm fine with the slow down.

BUT WHY GOD DID THEY HAVE A NARRATOR!?!?!

Really. HxH never needed a narrator before that, why start?

hxh a shit
even fucking naruto knew how to do the exam arc properly.
Yorknew is the only decent thing about that overhyped trash.

Hiatus over when?

It's the best at exucuting it themes compared to other shouen

>ed is really short and he gets angry when you point it out
>the real fullmetal alchemist is ed
Not to mention changing character styles everytime something "funny" happened even in scenes that were meant to be serious. Please tell me I'm not in the minority here by not finding FMA's humor funny.

I find it to be painfully average at worst and just heh funny at best

eds gimmicks got stale too, but FMA actually has decent characters.
The only good one in hxh is probably Hisoka. And I guess Pitou for the arc.

Literally the worst designed protag ever.

I think you posted the wrong image OP

whoops, seems you did as well.

As good as Pitou was, her characterization practically disolves after she fights Netero. This still bugs me.

How did you not find the phantom trope,netero,Gon,shoot,knov,Kurapika, the ants, interesting

Gon's one of the least poor designs in the series, not that that's saying much. Togashi just isn't very good at character design, at best they're bland (main four), at worst they're gruesome and not in a good way (Zodiacs).

HxH has best girl

Well the whole arc was mostly awful so in was just another shitfest until the last chess scene.
Oh right, some of the troupe i did like. Netero was the generic old senpai.
Gon was fucking awful.
all the rest were really forgettable.
especially dragon ball edgelord.

Pitou is literally the worst thing about the series. Hated every single interaction they had.

that'snot kura

but nardo is shit at everything else

Well it also did fights better.
hxh can only dream of having anything as good as rock lee and gara.

you obviously haven't watched hxh have you?

>Uvogin vs Kurapika
>Netero vs Meruem
>Gon vs Hisoka, Pitou
>The dodgeball fight

>reply to the bait

ITT: Overrated shit.

all are lackluster compared.
i have.

There are way more overated show

>best shonen ever made
>not FMA:B

A great second

> a show with literally one good arc
>the greatest of its genre
"no'

The only parts of HxH I thought were weak were the Bomber portion of the Greed Island arc and the Killua rescue arc

I just thought most arcs were half-assed. Yorknew was the most focused, and the ants were just way too drawn out.

Another kid that watched 2011 and feels 'inspired.'
Yawn.
Read the manga.

desu HxH could go down as one of the greatest manga of all time but if it doesn't have a proper ending then i have a hard time giving it that title

the best shonen ANIME*

Honestly, the entire Chimera Ant arc feels tacked on, like the story doesn't really fit in the HxH world.

Up until that point I had enjoyed Yorknew and Greed island even if greed island felt like it was dragging it's feet at the end.

You're right about Hisoka being decent but Pitou was a nothing character that will forever be carried by the fact that his action made Gon better.

Yeah CA is nothing short of redditshit

best kill+humiliation anime ever made

>like the story doesn't really fit in the HxH world
How so? It's a world full of weird, dangerous creatures

FMA 03's humour was fine because they adapted it correctly and didn't overuse it.

FMA Brotherhood's humour was shit because they tried adapting it 1:1 to the manga to appease the "muh manga cant do anything wrong" crybabies.

That doesn't look like One Piece

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If you dont like chimera ants you are retarded. Plain and simple.

Tho whole arc was handled poorly, especially king ant's insane power level.

Yeah my votes on hxh or fmab or fairy tale for the waifus

Instead of focusing on nitpicking why dont you bother looking at what that arc is in essence and what it accomplished

>what it accomplished
pretty much nothing substantial so why don't you tell me why you think it's good.

Dragonball up to namek is the best shonun ever made.

Probably because they were from the dark continent and weren't technically part of the human's world till then

If this thread is still alive by tomorrow i will

Correct

Monster isnt shonen

You're right both this and FMA:B

yeah. YYH and HxH are are both asspull city but YYH has the old art style and old anime music which goes a long way.

You realize Meruem only got that strong because the queen ate hundreds upon hundreds of people right. That Meruem is set to to be the cap of physical strength in the series?

blanket statement that means nothing, boy that user has got his hands full

>gon finally gets his first real fight where he uses all the nen abilities he has learned so far thorough the entire series, combines it with strategy and guts only he can pull off even involving his arm getting blown off, and is overall one of the best-spaced battle episodes in the show, ending with a fantastic punch, its also the FIRST time gon actually defeats someone by himself under real risk of death.

>no one likes it because the bomber wasn't hyped with a "high power level" like meruem or the spiders where.

feels bad man.

The best shonen is unironically InuYasha
>better romance than most shoujo
>comedy's actually funny
>short, impactful action, no padding fights out to 3 episodes or powercreep bullshit
>devolves into shitty filler, but it's better filler than most shonen and you can skip it

It's one of those series that's almost underrated at this point because of the backlash generated by hype/overexposure. Give it another few years and it will be old enough people will start re-evaluating it and realizing it's good

Netero is not generic old senpai that guy is fucking bastard

this. Gon vs Genthru is great fight, underrated actually.

>When Gon strikes a stance and yells "OSU!" once he's prevailed in fucking Genthru's shit
Top stuff.

Fucking this DESU, everyone went apeshit for Gon's nonfight with fagcat, but because only pride was riding on the Genthru fight it's underappreciated.

The Chimera Ant Arc narration is top tier sir. Do you just not like narration?

It always had one...
>girl

the original is better

>HxH is the best battle shounen ever ma-

Manga became shit after the chimera arc. Christ all the pages are filled with 90% text and hardly any of it is relevant or actually matters. Like 5 notable things happen in the 30 chapters after the chimera arc.

Wtf? Some of the best worldbuilding in any manga.

I love how HxH filters braindead speedreaders.

O

He's pretty good at character design usually.

that's not steel ball run

REDDIT

That's Berserk. But for the rape everywhere it's basically a shounen, and it's better than HxH.

seinen

Why do shonen threads reek of crossboarder?

because normie only care about shonen and berserk

>he hasn't realized Wan Piss is the true greatest shonen ever produced
What's it like being 17?

Aside from the rape everywhere it's pretty much a shounen in how it's characters act. Kingdom has more in common with shounen series despite running in a Seinen magazine too.

shounen is not a genre

Embarrassing

Why don't you like shonen? Not enough little girls?

"Shounen" refers to a mega-genre with a lot of different features.

"fiction" is my favorite mega-genre