Cowboy bebop

can somebody explain to me why was this show so popular and is now considered a classic? i binged it around a year ago and it felt like a wet fart of a show and left me extremely disappointed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lkXFBPGZpTM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ip5CpjXR4CI&t=6s
youtube.com/watch?v=hvXw_5jlW3Y&t=10s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, idk why people like it so much, there are some good analysis on YouTube tho, if you are actually interested and not just shitposting

Great directing.
Great animation.
Great writing.
Great characters.
Great music.
Great art direction.

could you link them?

bump

Do we really have to explain anything to you? If you didn't like it then that's fine. Don't force yourself to like something just because it's popular.

Was there another show at the time that has the style and dialogue that could translate as well to a Western audience?

Gunsmith Cats was a few years before
but too short to leave as much of an impact

i'm not forcing myself to like it, i'm trying to understand what drove people to watch and talk about it enough to make me think spending hours of my life watching it would be a worthwhile idea

you don't have to force yourself to "understand" something you just clearly don't like.

>left me extremely disappointed
you just have extremely bad taste

It's just nostalgia. I've only been watching anime for 3 years and it was shit.

>nge at bottom of the list

patrician taste ITT

>Space Dandy's my favorite anime
>Most people don't like it because they were just expecting more of Bebop instead of liking it for being unique

>great this
>great that
>great everything
This is what idiots incapable of critical thinking tend to resort to.

Lets get this out of the way, Julia is a fucking boring ass character. She's a plot device. Vicious is also kinda dull, only really interesting because of how he goads Spike so well.

But, I love Bebop because of its episodic stuff. Sure the final two episodes were great, but the 'plot' related stuff before Real Folk Blues never really reached Toys in the Attic, Ganymede Elegy,Pierrot Le Fou, Cowboy Funk or even Asteroid Blues. Its at its best when its doing contained stories, its like the X-Files in that way.

Also Jet is best boy.

10,000 mecha shit, none of them worth watching

Because it had a really strong dub.

Because it was on lots of Western Networks, and was one of people born in 90's first shows

Because it emulates Western Crime/Cowboy/Detective themes(likely why Japan hates it)

Because Space Ships

Because Western Music

Because it was Episodic it didn't have to commit complete focus to a story or direction (people may like some self contained episodes more than others, instead of just not liking the story at all)

Thus it was a heavily Western Cartoon, that was emulated Mature genres, that was 'okay' to like and thus popular

Are there different reasons why it's popular in the West and why in Japan?

had a blast watching this

no one made you watch you dumb fuck.

Basically this but I do think its a great show. Watching it the first time Spike was my favorite character and Faye my least favorite but after revisiting it I like Faye's character arc the best. Plus some of the stand alone episodes are just a whole of fun.

Also Faye has the best set of tits in anime.

>critical thinking tells you what is objectively good art
Fuck off.

>NGE, Jin-rou, FLCL, and Serial Experiments Lain, all with 1s and 2s

im convinced you are a retard

This list is always so confusing to me, because I find some many 9s and 10s for me on both ends of the list.

At the very least Bebop looks great, those ship designs and dog fights are tasty.

>Also Faye has the best set of tits in anime.
Agreed, though I'm more of an ass guy myself.

cuz its good

lmao you already decided you didnt like before you watched it because its popular so you didnt like it

FLCL, Evangelion, Akira at the bottom of the list...come on now.

That's because you have unimaginably shit taste, of course.

It's also way farther off the western base. I love it, but I would never recommend it to someone who wasn't a total weeb.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ip5CpjXR4CI&t=6s
youtube.com/watch?v=hvXw_5jlW3Y&t=10s

these are all good

>western music
>the seatbelts
>the hugely popular jazz movement in japan

Jazz is still widely considered a genre of western origin.

wow, what an obvious bait thread. Or maybe their kids proving their ignorance by complaining about aesthetics and older forms of music.

Apart from being enjoyable and having a godtier soundtrack, it basically makes you question your whole existence (unless like your case you're sensitive ad a stone)

The reason you were disappointed is because you have shit taste

Because the people that watched it back in the day weren't tryhard faggots that just watch a show because they think they're "supposed" to.

Limited themselves to one retarded meme character that actually was later flushed out instead of just being EPICXD.for their entire life.

The best ending

fucking underages